X% Hype!!! [E18 Dev Discussion Thread]

Amethyst

1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

To be fair, Eli already has one of the gems, and He's working for team meteor. So, The MC really only needs the pendant.

That being said, wouldn't Lin... know not to underestimate us, since, we are taking the league challenge, and have proven to be stronger than DJ Arclight and Victoria. Is she being overconfident? We only need 2 badges before we reach the point where we can use Level 100's, but even then, It's not unreasonable to take on a team of Level 100s with a team of level 90s.

As for convincing us, we are supposed to side with the people in reborn. Will they make it a player choice?

Furthermore, wouldn't it be easier to take it from DJ Arclight or Victoria, since they aren't as strong as the player?

Making the mother of all omelettes here, kamu. Can't fret over every egg.

She needs us, obviously. Or uses us, that's why Lin didn't get us killed earlier in one of the many opportunities, not to mention letting us grow stronger. Maybe there is some ''magic'' in these stones preventing her from taking them on her own, maybe she needs a rival too (you know, ''the balance'' stuff, she has to have an equal enemy that she will beat or sacrifice, or she just wants to have a fair fight for once. Who knows.) or she needs us for some another magic trick that wouldn't allow her into the Arceus's domain alone - with this being the most probable.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Egzample said:

She needs us, obviously. Or uses us, that's why Lin didn't get us killed earlier in one of the many opportunities, not to mention letting us grow stronger. Maybe there is some ''magic'' in these stones preventing her from taking them on her own, maybe she needs a rival too (you know, ''the balance'' stuff, she has to have an equal enemy that she will beat or sacrifice, or she just wants to have a fair fight for once. Who knows.) or she needs us for some another magic trick that wouldn't allow her into the Arceus's domain alone - with this being the most probable.

Lin is officially Aizen confirmed.

Master planner, grooming the trainer to be strong enough to test her ultimate power, then ends up losing to said trainer. 

13 minutes ago, Zane0144 said:

Lin is officially Aizen confirmed.

Master planner, grooming the trainer to be strong enough to test her ultimate power, then ends up losing to said trainer. 

Lin is Aizen? I was always under the impression she was Sephiroth cosplaying as Thanos all along?

49 minutes ago, JoStarNight said:

Lin is Aizen? I was always under the impression she was Sephiroth cosplaying as Thanos all along?

Don't let her be Aizen. Aizen was an amazing villain who was wasted. Lin is Sephiroth. And our player character is infected with JENOVA Cells that Lin is going to use to manipulate us into giving her all four gems: An Emerald Brooch, Sapphire Bracelets, Ruby Ring, and Amethyst pendant.

This is Just like Final Fantasy. In fact, the beginning of the game is a bit like Final Fantasy VII's opening sequence. You get off a train, battle a few noobs, and then Blow up an evil factory that's harmful for the environment.

1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

Do you think that Victoria will be this games Gamora/Aerith?

Taka will /has already fulfilled this role depending on which route one would take.

20 minutes ago, kithas said:

Taka will /has already fulfilled this role depending on which route one would take.

A fair point. I've done both routes.

I always saw Taka more as Jetstream Sam, rather than Aerith. After All, It's one of the people who's supposed to be on our side doing the killing. And He's officially the enemy, despite subtly helping us through all of our Meteor encounters.

Really, it was. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

And wow, looks like things are progressing steadily into the next episode. Here I was expecting a LOOOOONG wait.!

So, if someone handed you an egg and then ran and hid if it exploded... quite an odd question to ask me on the beta tester application, not that I could join in even if I qualified... but really. One wonders what lies in store for E18. (Not looking for spoilers. I want to be suprised). My hope is that we get some serious story developments, since last time seemed rather lacking in that regard. Perhaps the deep breath before the plunge, I hope.

Oh, and thanks to Ame and all the other devs for making this incredible game!

Edited by Feng Lei

On 7/20/2018 at 11:25 PM, Tacos said:

There isn't too much of a difference aside from the people doing the testing (as you said), and the amount of bugs present in each.  Alpha, because it has gone through less time in testing, will likely have more frequent and noticeable bugs.  Beta, as a result, will still have quite a few bugs, but definitely less compared to Alpha.  The other difference that's probably obvious, is the time in which you get to access the new episode.  Alpha will be able to play through the story and other aspects of E18 before Beta, who will do so before the Community Release, who will do so before all players who are not members of the community.  

thanks.These two used to confuse me alot.

And yes, this year was really quick. I can't believe that we are this close to the community release already. Let's just hope that the AI knows when to stop (if you know what i mean).

9 minutes ago, Commander said:

So bugs in the beta test be like...

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know when the Community will be released but...it might be longer than I initially thought

And folks reporting be like:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

I'd also like to say that when the Beta Testing check occurs, It will mark the 2/3rd point of the year 2018.

I know I'm being a bit pedantic, but 2/3 of the way through the year is the end of August.

2 hours ago, wcv said:

I know I'm being a bit pedantic, but 2/3 of the way through the year is the end of August.

Haha, I guess you're right. But Still, 2/3rds of the way done. It seems like January 1st, 2018 was only a few weeks ago.

3 hours ago, Commander said:

So bugs in the beta test be like...

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know when the Community will be released but...it might be longer than I initially thought

This reminds me of that awful "Shrek in Super Smash Bros" meme. But I really hope you are wrong about the Community release taking longer than expected.

You probably aren't TBH. 

On 7/28/2018 at 12:40 PM, JoStarNight said:

Solaris.gif.171416637531fd4da8d5f6c28b507fff.gif

Solaris is much more of a Thanos, I mean Kiki didn't feel so good..

1 hour ago, lily90 said:

fix this e18

Hide contents

2F59EB8B-14E8-4135-B2FA-C38A14D89FAB.thumb.jpeg.caf2411571bce382d7dedc47e85718d8.jpeg

If you took the path, then he's dead. I know he's a fan favorite, but he's dead. As dead as Jetstream Sam and Aerith/Aeris/Whatever. It would be cool if he did like Sam and posthumously passed on a tool or weapon to the MC that's essential to anyone trying to fight Lin.

It is tragic, however, that his death was the result of Titania being way too trigger happy.

I don't think that Titania and the MC can be considered "Friends" after this. Then again, We "Managed to avoid Drowning" because of her.