X% Hype!!! [E18 Dev Discussion Thread]

Amethyst

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Winnow said:

He needs a pokemon to go mega with. I expect either mega Aerodactyl or mega Tyranitar to fill that job. Also, he would be so dope if he has Lycanroc (midnight form) and Alolan Golem on his team.

I think it will be m-tyranitar because i expect a trick room team and m-aerodactyl would be to fast

Honestly i wish Hardy is the last Gym leader because everyone expects Saphira to be last just because she uses Dragon type pokemon . Besides it would be ironic that Rock would be the last type since in every pokemon game Rock will be always the first (Brock,Roxanne,Roark) in generation six its the second gym i think...

5 minutes ago, Angelkitsune said:

Honestly i wish Hardy is the last Gym leader because everyone expects Saphira to be last just because she uses Dragon type pokemon . Besides it would be ironic that Rock would be the last type since in every pokemon game Rock will be always the first (Brock,Roxanne,Roark) in generation six its the second gym i think...

We'll see but i hope so too. 

What really intrigues me is what kind of terrain Hardy will be using. That is some I really cannot wait to see cause I know Ame and her development team will throw us through a loop when Ep18 comes out.

Alot of people speculated that Hardy is going to use Dragons Den or Rocky Field ,maybe Ame will create a new one just for Hardy. Also i saw it on Ame's tumblr blog that apparently Hardy can be challenging with Murky Water of all Field (⊙o⊙)

Now that i think about it, i don't think that Hardy will use the Dragon's Den Field. Because i checked Ame's Post where she introduced the field, yesterday.

She stated that TWO GYMS will use that effect, NOT TWO GYM LEADERS. We already fought on that Field against Reshiram/Zekrom in Titania's Gym.

And the second time will be against Saphira.

5 minutes ago, Angelkitsune said:

i think its a video where nintendo releases more information about the games they are currently developing .Tomorrow i guess everybody is going to watch something new about Pokemon Let's go Pikachu and Let's go Eevee

It's not actually about Pokemon Let's go. If they do mention it, It's probably not going to be that important.

Nintendo is actually banking its direct on Smash Bros.

Which is fine by me, I don't intend on buying Let's go.

I can't wait for them to announce Sephiroth and Raiden (Metal Gear) as playable characters.

3 hours ago, Angelkitsune said:

And this would be likely to happen! After searching in the data files of Pokemon Reborn, I've found some interesting things such as the visual aspect of each badge, everybody can find them as it has already been implemented in the Episode 17. For some reason, the penultimate badge reminds me of a flame pattern with some gems around, maybe Saphira's one. Also, it has some vibrant colors just like Charlotte's badge, whereas the last one looks more like a kind of fossil which might fit Hardy's type a bit more. I won't show anything directly cause I fear it might be considered as a spoiler, however you can check it by browsing the following data path yourself.

Spoiler

(Reborn -> Graphics -> Pictures -> badges)

Edited by Q-Jei

9 minutes ago, Q-Jei said:

And this would be likely to happen! After searching in the data files of Pokemon Reborn, I've found some interesting things such as the visual aspect of each badge, everybody can find them as it has already been implemented in the Episode 17. For some reason, the penultimate badge reminds me of a flame pattern with some gems around, maybe Saphira's one. Also, it has some vibrant colors just like Charlotte's badge, whereas the last one looks more like a kind of fossil which might fit Hardy's type a bit more. I won't show anything directly cause I fear it might be considered as a spoiler, however you can check it by browsing the following data path yourself.

Reveal hidden contents

oh wow~ i guess this confirms it because i did some digging around the original reborn league I'm not a stalker i swear and i know both Saphira's and Hardy's badges called Treasure and Geode respectively and when i look at it ,it kinda looks like it aw yeah

35 minutes ago, Angelkitsune said:

oh wow~ i guess this confirms it because i did some digging around the original reborn league I'm not a stalker i swear and i know both Saphira's and Hardy's badges called Treasure and Geode respectively and when i look at it ,it kinda looks like it aw yeah

intresting, So we might end our league challenge with a lvl 90-95 Hardy before we take on the what I assume is gonna be a lvl95-100 E4.

• Veterans
50 minutes ago, Q-Jei said:

Reveal hidden contents

36 minutes ago, Angelkitsune said:

Ame has been known to swap around the badge layout in that file each and every episode. I wouldn't take it as any indicator.

52 minutes ago, Q-Jei said:

snip

The order of the badges isn't relevant. The symbols were put in out of order on purpose to keep people working out what order the badges were earned in.

4 hours ago, Winnow said:

He needs a pokemon to go mega with. I expect either mega Aerodactyl or mega Tyranitar to fill that job. Also, he would be so dope if he has Lycanroc (midnight form) and Alolan Golem on his team.

Let's add on more option to this list, shall we? Ciel proves that a Gym Leader can have a Mega of any Typing, so long as the non-Mega Evolved form matches their Type profile (altaria is a Flying Type, whereas mega Altaria is not, but she uses it anyway). This opens the floodgates for Hardy to come in with Mega Aggron to throw us for a loop with. Notably, it isn't as bothered by Murkwater as many Rock Types would be, so it lines up with that clue fairly well. I don't think this will be the case, to be honest, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ame opted to go this route either.

4 hours ago, Azeria said:

Ame has been known to swap around the badge layout in that file each and every episode. I wouldn't take it as any indicator.

Really? Sorry, I didn't know about it. Somehow, that's a clever way to proceed. But at least, this two information combined (Mine & @Angelkitsune's) should be enough to confirm what Saphira and Hardy's badges would look like. The doubt about this order will be blown away the day of the release. Otherwise, good job for the hard work put into it, I'm also very enthusiastic to discover the design of the next banner for the forum~~

Edited by Q-Jei

honestly making a rock type leader hard enough to be worthy of being the ultimate gym leader isn't easy. But I also kinda thought Amaria's gonna be easy and she kinda was to my team but lots of people struggled with her from what i read(for the record Titania beat me enough time for 2 gym leader)

8 hours ago, robiseljak said:

Well, Dragons Den boosts Smack down and decreases water and ice attacks strength, so it would make sense for him to use it.

Wouldn't that just give Excadrill free reign to drill him down?

Or let us play with all these dragon types were getting next update.

His gym is in Agate town so I'm gonna guess it's going to be mountain terrain where wind is strong so Aerodactyle, Minior and Archeops get a boost. I'm feeling the rock flying vibe from him.

Also in general I am looking forward to the next episode after sweeping Amarias watery tarts with a Tsareena. Go team.

2 minutes ago, Mudcrab said:

Wouldn't that just give Excadrill free reign to drill him down?

Or let us play with all these dragon types were getting next update.

His gym is in Agate town so I'm gonna guess it's going to be mountain terrain where wind is strong so Aerodactyle, Minior and Archeops get a boost. I'm feeling the rock flying vibe from him.

he also has a gigalith

So I guess I can at least say something about the leader since you all are worried about the leader difficulty. Titania took me 4 attempts underleveled. Amaria took me 3 attempts. The gym leader in this episode I'd say took me at least 6 attempts but it was more like 8 with a team at a proper level...even with a type advantage.