X% Hype!!! [E18 Dev Discussion Thread]

Amethyst

So i just went back to the post where Amethyst introduced the Dragon's Den Field to reread the effects. And as it stats: Multiscale removes Dragon Types Weaknesses.

Does that also apply to other weaknesses ?

For Example: Will Dragonite lose it's Rock Weakness ?

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, HakuryuYukio said:

So i just went back to the post where Amethyst introduced the Dragon's Den Field to reread the effects. And as it stats: Dragon Types Weaknesses will be removed.

Will Mega-Charizard X lose it's Rock and Ground Weakness ?

No, just dragon type weakness.

4 minutes ago, HakuryuYukio said:

So i just went back to the post where Amethyst introduced the Dragon's Den Field to reread the effects. And as it stats: Multiscale removes Dragon Types Weaknesses.

No.

From the field description: 

• Multiscale will remove all weaknesses of the bearer relating to the Dragon type. (Dragon, Ice, and Fairy) If the bearer is a dual-type that would be doubly weak to a type (e.g. a Flying/Dragon to an Ice move, a Dark/Dragon to a Fairy move), they will only take 2x damage rather than 4x.

1 hour ago, Bignoob27 said:

Are all the developers living in America? wondering cause i live in Europe and never see progress getting done during the day

Many of them do (Amethyst and Dan does at least but some like Marcello live in England, basically they could be anywhere), there's usually updates for me between quite late at night to about 8am the next day. Everyone sees the updates at some point so it's all good.

2 hours ago, wcv said:

No.

From the field description: 

• Multiscale will remove all weaknesses of the bearer relating to the Dragon type. (Dragon, Ice, and Fairy) If the bearer is a dual-type that would be doubly weak to a type (e.g. a Flying/Dragon to an Ice move, a Dark/Dragon to a Fairy move), they will only take 2x damage rather than 4x.

2 hours ago, Slith265 said:

No, just dragon type weakness.

Good to know. Now i'm less intimidated by Saphira's Dragonite. Thanks to the both of you.

15 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Many of them do (Amethyst and Dan does at least but some like Marcello live in England, basically they could be anywhere), there's usually updates for me between quite late at night to about 8am the next day. Everyone sees the updates at some point so it's all good.

Ah i see. Just wondering i know very well how hard the team is working, Thanks for the quick answer!

16 minutes ago, Zander said:

No dragon, ice and fairy weakness? Well looks like a Goodra and a Haxorus with dragon dance could easily sweep this gym.

Only Pokemon with Multiscale ignore those weaknesses, ergo it applies only to Dragonite. If it worked for all dragons then it'd be incredibly broken .-.

19 minutes ago, Zander said:

No dragon, ice and fairy weakness? Well looks like a Goodra and a Haxorus with dragon dance could easily sweep this gym.

I had to edit my comment, because i made a mistake. Only applies to Dragonite.

Still, Mold Breaker Haxorus destroys Dragonite, even with the broken Multiscale.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Bignoob27 said:

Are all the developers living in America? wondering cause i live in Europe and never see progress getting done during the day

As was said, most of us do, but setting that aside, I'm the only who's updating the bug score/scoreboard so that naturally will wait until I'm awake even if it's reflective of work others are doing during the European day.

also for the record, dan hasn't actually been on the active development time for a solid couple years. 

4 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

As was said, most of us do, but setting that aside, I'm the only who's updating the bug score/scoreboard so that naturally will wait until I'm awake even if it's reflective of work others are doing during the European day.

also for the record, dan hasn't actually been on the active development time for a solid couple years. 

Hi Ame, did you read my message ? In the message i asked you something about Saphira's Team.

32 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Ame replied to me this is an experience, I see. it was no other than a question if it seemed like i was unhappy with the speed or something i was not. I am incredibly grateful that you guys made this game😊

Edited by Bignoob27

1 hour ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Good to know. Now i'm less intimidated by Saphira's Dragonite. Thanks to the both of you.

How bamboozeling.

So it will be like fighting Mega-Ray except that it loses Dragon Weakness, not Flying weakness. intresting.

Although, I guess you could counter her Dragonite using your own Dragonite by giving it blizzard.

11 minutes ago, Khaisz said:

How bamboozeling.

So it will be like fighting Mega-Ray except that it loses Dragon Weakness, not Flying weakness. intresting.

Although, I guess you could counter her Dragonite using your own Dragonite by giving it blizzard.

Wouldn't do that if i were you. Because i believe that the damage of ice type moves is cut in half on that field.

If you want to beat that monster, better use one of the two following options:

1.Use Dragon Dance to set up with your own Multiscale Dragonite

or

2. Use Mold breaker Haxorus. It's also naturally faster then Dragonite.

6 hours ago, DevR said:

Only Pokemon with Multiscale ignore those weaknesses, ergo it applies only to Dragonite. If it worked for all dragons then it'd be incredibly broken .-.

Oh lol that makes sense

6 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

I had to edit my comment, because i made a mistake. Only applies to Dragonite.

Still, Mold Breaker Haxorus destroys Dragonite, even with the broken Multiscale.

True mold breaker definitely helps. But normal dragons would do the trick too for the rest of her team

• Global Mods
23 minutes ago, vava4429 said:

So tell me if i'm wrong but according to what you say, Saphira is the next leader and Hardy the Last ? What a way to honor the rock-type it would be. 

there's no confirmation on who's #17 and who's #18 at this point, you'll have to wait to play through E18 to fight out 😉    

lore-wise, the order probably isn't quite so strict. the game hasn't confirmed if it follows this structure but the reborn online league was 6 'brackets' of 3 leaders each (once fairy was added)

14 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

there's no confirmation on who's #17 and who's #18 at this point, you'll have to wait to play through E18 to fight out 😉    

lore-wise, the order probably isn't quite so strict. the game hasn't confirmed if it follows this structure but the reborn online league was 6 'brackets' of 3 leaders each (once fairy was added)

It's Just that everyone speak of Saphira 's team and nothing about Hardy.'-'

14 minutes ago, vava4429 said:

It's Just that everyone speak of Saphira 's team and nothing about Hardy.'-'

Yeah because everyone speculates Saphira to be the LAST gym leader. The last gym leader is always the toughest and hence is being talked about. No one is talking about Hardy because rock types are manageable and everyone expects dragons to rule the gyms.

Just now, Zander said:

Yeah because everyone speculates Saphira to be the LAST gym leader. The last gym leader is always the toughest and hence is being talked about. No one is talking about Hardy because rock types are manageable and everyone expects dragons to rule the gyms.

I hope everyone will get demolished by Hardy 😈. Hail rock-type. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Hi Ame, did you read my message ? In the message i asked you something about Saphira's Team.

sorry, i haven't checked my messages in a while! i will need to do soon but what is time ??? hang tight, dear

9 hours ago, GriffinO1 said:

Amethyst, what other Pokémon Fangames do you personally reccomend?

to be honest i haven't really personally played many. i'll give a shoutout to rejuv cuz jan's my boi, but i think most people around here go for that one already ^^;
and even then i haven't actually properly played rejuv either

32 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

although it's never explicitly explained, the game does follow a similar system. note the brackets in our online league were just for ranking, not division of who could be challenged. a player could challenge up to 3 (4 earlier on) leaders from their lowest missing badge even if that transcended a bracket.