Rejuvenation | Dev Blog [Status Thread]

Jan

No I totally understand. I will admit that the example I used was of the more extreme variants on intense (I was thinking to myself whether overheat would be right or not for that level, to be totally honest). For the most part, it's just making sure trainers have an actual moveset to use rather than relying on whatever the default settings leave them with, and maybe giving them something fun if I think it'll be fine. So yeah, I'm not gonna go overboard with moves and stuff.

Also, the randomiser part was me slipping up because i decided write this up late at night for some ungodly reason; I only meant the Jackpot starters are getting removed. I've fixed the initial post with this, sorry about that!

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Alex said:

I only meant the Jackpot starters are getting removed.

You don't have to remove them. Consider putting an autosave after choosing a random 'mon, after which, even soft-resetting will bring you AFTER the 'mon selection. Make something like the Pokepon of Pokemon Insurgence, to prevent F12 from bringing you before the random Pokemon selection.

I agree that soft-resetting till you get what you want isn't the reason for putting a random 'mon distributor in. But I liked the idea of grabbing a random one when I can't choose. Maybe find an alternative!

Edit: Worst case scenario, keep the random distributor with only the starters. 

Edited by Jess

51 minutes ago, Jess said:

You don't have to remove them. Consider putting an autosave after choosing a random 'mon, after which, even soft-resetting will bring you AFTER the 'mon selection. Make something like the Pokepon of Pokemon Insurgence, to prevent F12 from bringing you before the random Pokemon selection.

I agree that soft-resetting till you get what you want isn't the reason for putting a random 'mon distributor in. But I liked the idea of grabbing a random one when I can't choose. Maybe find an alternative!

Edit: Worst case scenario, keep the random distributor with only the starters. 

The random starter machine is staying, only the jackpot starters are getting removed. Alex literally said so in the post you yourself quoted.

1 hour ago, Winter said:

The random starter machine is staying, only the jackpot starters are getting removed. Alex literally said so in the post you yourself quoted.

I also stated a way for the jackpot starters to remain without allowing the constant soft-reset. Anyways, I'm sorry if I made a needless post...

Jackpot Starters. I hereby hold a candle to thee. Let thy soul rest in peace. May thee come across a lot of TMs for thy fashioned moves. I hope my archaic english was correct.

• Developers

Alright, the Dev Team and I are in a bit of a situation. 

You could say that our opinions are split right down the middle. Therefore we need a tie breaker. (Technically it wasnt a tie, but I still

want outside opinions. Sue me. Nintendo do not interact 🙅🙅🙅)

So back to the protagonist sprites. I've come up with a couple of possible variations:

Spoiler

e2f4ca9c6dcd5fac440ca7bba04f864c.png

Currently, the two that are in heavy combat are 1 and 5. Personally, I'd rather not sprite -another- blonde character in this game,

but if that's what ends up being the most popular then whatever....... it's no big deal........... 

Since there are a combination of answers, the combination with the most votes will be what will be Aevis' official sprite. Second

place becomes the outfit later obtainable. Sound good? good. ok. 

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉😡Vote now😡🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Poll ends on Tuesday!

12 minutes ago, DemICE said:

if i must choose between 1 and 5 i choose 1. if i must choose one of all, i choose  6

This is literally the same exact thing I think of, but if I had to go with an outfit, I'd go with 4 though. Too much detail on a tiny sprite does make it hard to depict what it is trying to show and that's the only outfit I could really pic out right away (though these pics are blown up much bigger than their actual size would be).

11 hours ago, Jan said:

Alright, the Dev Team and I are in a bit of a situation. 

You could say that our opinions are split right down the middle. Therefore we need a tie breaker. (Technically it wasnt a tie, but I still

want outside opinions. Sue me. Nintendo do not interact 🙅🙅🙅)

So back to the protagonist sprites. I've come up with a couple of possible variations:

Reveal hidden contents

e2f4ca9c6dcd5fac440ca7bba04f864c.png

It would helped a little if you could give a general description of the outfits. It's kind of hard to make it out when they're pretty blown up sprites. They all look great though! If I had to pick, I'd probably pick 3 or 2 for hair color (because we have melia and venam representing blondes and brunettes, and 3 & 2 are different). For outfit, I think I'm picking 1. (Like I mentioned earlier, it's kind of hard to really figure out what he's wearing imo haha)