Rejuvenation | Dev Blog [Status Thread]

Jan

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:59 AM, Light Fantastic said:

Will the original post ever be updated with more bar progress or posts added into the archive?

Jan updates it as he goes along when he dose we donno but he will do 

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Light Fantastic said:

ye i know, there's just been several official news posts but only the first one has been added to the archive

Whenever he makes significant progress, he updates.

I honestly prefer that he finishes the next version in the summer of 2018, because school is done, and I don't have to worry about homework or tests.

• Developers

Sorry, I've barely been home lately to do any work. That's why the progress bar has barely made any jumps. Things should pick up after Thanksgiving is over. 

2 hours ago, Jan said:

Sorry, I've barely been home lately to do any work. That's why the progress bar has barely made any jumps. Things should pick up after Thanksgiving is over. 

jan as me and a lot of the others have said countless of times its ok real life comes first and take your time 

My man Jan, you don't need to rush anything for your sake, if you need to take 10 years to complete the next episode sure, you have the right, remember that your RL is more importante than status thread man, take your time because we can wait as long as it takes.

Random Thought: I think that some of the locations bear a similar atmosphere to locations in other games.

For Example: Indriad's Mansion feels like Hope's Peak Academy. It looks comfortable, but to get out, you have to participate in various "trials".

Blacksteeple Castle feels like Shadow Moses Island. The Cold Atmosphere, the feeling that there are many secrets on the Island, Even the feeling of Containment. 

Sheridan Village is like Kakariko Village. This one is self explanatory.

Edited by ShadeStrider

Post #4 | Effective in the field of Field Effects - 12/1/2017 | 1/12/2017

This won't be a long update, but since v9, some of the fields specific to Rejuvenation were a little bit lacklustre in terms of effects. So I decided to take the effort of updating them, and at least making them more interesting... and maybe a bit broken, but we'll see after that. Take the Volcanic Top Field for instance; it used to be a literal namechange of the superheated field from Reborn. However, with a little ingenuity and some magic coding from a friend, it's become a lot more interesting and fitting to the environment.

Volcanic Top Field:

#--------------------------- 16. Volcanic Top Field [VTF] --------------------------------#

"The mountain top is super-heated!"
*    Tailwind lasts 6 turns and creates Strong Winds for its duration
*    Activates Gale Wings during Strong Winds
*    Fire moves increase in base power x1.1
*    Ice moves decrease in base power x0.5
*    Water moves decrease in base power x0.9
*    These moves suffer a x0.555 decrease of base power (totaling x0.5) and generate steam at the end of the attack, once per turn, lowering all active Pokemon's accuracy one stage:
        Surf            Muddy Water        Water Pledge        Water Spout        Water Sport
        Sparkling Aria  Oceanic Operetta
*    The following moves increase in base power x1.3:
        Eruption        Heat Wave        Magma Storm        Lava Plume        Magma Drift
*    The following moves increase in power 1.2x and gain an additional fire-type:
        Ominous Wind        Silver Wind        Razor Wind        Icy Wind        Gust
        Twister        Precipice Blades        Smog        Clear Smog
*    These moves increase in base power x1.667 (totaling x1.5):
        Scald            Steam Eruption
*    These moves trdnqpor@ t7e fido*53sa']#2pl2:
        @fdepoyhu!        ~Qswqo:D
*    These moves transform the field into Volcanic field:
        Dig
*    These moves will transform the field into a Mountain Field:    
        Blizzard            Glaciate        Subzero Slammer
*    The following moves cause the volcano to erupt:
        Bulldoze        Earthquake        Magnitude        Eruption        Precipice Blades
*    Eruptions will deal 25% of damage to pokemon weak to fire, 12.5% to pokemon neutral to fire, and 6.25% to pokemon resistant to fire.
*    Fire-type pokemon and pokemon with the following abilities/moves will take no damage from the eruption:
        Magma Armor        Flash Fire        Flare Boost        Blaze        Flame Body
        Solid Rock        Sturdy        Battle Armor        Shell Armor        Water Bubble
        Magic Guard        Wonder Guard        Prism Armor        Aqua Ring        Wide Guard
*    Magma Armor raises Defense and Special Defense after an eruption
*    Flare Boost raises Special Attack one stage after an eruption
*    Flash Fire and Blaze are activated after an eruption
*    The field is cleared of hazards and Leech Seed after an eruption
*    Desolate Land causes an eruption at the end of the turn
*    Sleeping Pokemon are woken up after an eruption, unless they have Soundproof
*    Hail is terminated
*    Smokescreen has its effect doubled
*    Poison Gas causes badly poisoned status
*     Outrage, Thrash, and Petal Dance fatigue after a single turn
*    Nature Power becomes Eruption
*    Camouflage changes the user's type to Fire
*    Secret Power may Burn
*    Telluric Seed boosts Defense and applies Shell Trap to the user

... Well, it looks like something didn't parse well there. Guess we'll keep that a secret for now! In any case, you can see it still retains some of the Superheated aspect, but now has its own distinctive personality, to put it one way. As you can see, there's a new mechanic involving the volcano erupting (I bet Team Magma would love this). At the end of every turn, if a move that causes an eruption is used, or Desolate Land is in effect, there will be an eruption that causes a lot of disruption! Heh, that rhymes! So you can either be wary of using those moves, or go all out with a Camerupt or Typhlosion (or Primal Groudon for the cheaters)! There will be more field updates along the way, so stay tuned~

- Alex

14 hours ago, Alex said:

#--------------------------- 16. Volcanic Top Field [VTF] --------------------------------#

I wonder if this field is for Tesla since her Talonflame got nerfed. And don't Strong Winds completely absolve Flying weaknesses too? Yikes.

It looks pretty sweet though. And an absolute nightmare as well!

On 12/1/2017 at 7:58 AM, Alex said:

Post #4 | Effective in the field of Field Effects - 12/1/2017 | 1/12/2017

This won't be a long update, but since v9, some of the fields specific to Rejuvenation were a little bit lacklustre in terms of effects. So I decided to take the effort of updating them, and at least making them more interesting... and maybe a bit broken, but we'll see after that. Take the Volcanic Top Field for instance; it used to be a literal namechange of the superheated field from Reborn. However, with a little ingenuity and some magic coding from a friend, it's become a lot more interesting and fitting to the environment.

Volcanic Top Field:

Hide contents

*    Fire moves increase in base power x1.1
*    Ice moves decrease in base power x0.5
*    Water moves decrease in base power x0.9
*    These moves suffer a x0.555 decrease of base power (totaling x0.5) and generate steam at the end of the attack, once per turn, lowering all active Pokemon's accuracy one stage:
        Surf            Muddy Water        Water Pledge        Water Spout        Water Sport
        Sparkling Aria  Oceanic Operetta
*    The following moves increase in base power x1.3:
        Eruption        Heat Wave        Magma Storm        Lava Plume        Magma Drift
*    The following moves increase in power 1.2x and gain an additional fire-type:
        Ominous Wind        Silver Wind        Razor Wind        Icy Wind        Gust
        Twister        Precipice Blades        Smog        Clear Smog
*    These moves increase in base power x1.667 (totaling x1.5):
        Scald            Steam Eruption
*    These moves trdnqpor@ t7e fido*53sa']#2pl2:
        @fdepoyhu!        ~Qswqo:D
*    These moves transform the field into Volcanic field:
        Dig
*    These moves will transform the field into a Mountain Field:    
        Blizzard            Glaciate        Subzero Slammer
*    The following moves cause the volcano to erupt:
        Bulldoze        Earthquake        Magnitude        Eruption        Precipice Blades
*    Eruptions will deal 25% of damage to pokemon weak to fire, 12.5% to pokemon neutral to fire, and 6.25% to pokemon resistant to fire.
*    Fire-type pokemon and pokemon with the following abilities/moves will take no damage from the eruption:
        Magma Armor        Flash Fire        Flare Boost        Blaze        Flame Body
        Solid Rock        Sturdy        Battle Armor        Shell Armor        Water Bubble
        Magic Guard        Wonder Guard        Prism Armor        Aqua Ring        Wide Guard
*    Magma Armor raises Defense and Special Defense after an eruption
*    Flare Boost raises Special Attack one stage after an eruption
*    Flash Fire and Blaze are activated after an eruption
*    The field is cleared of hazards and Leech Seed after an eruption
*    Desolate Land causes an eruption at the end of the turn
*    Sleeping Pokemon are woken up after an eruption, unless they have Soundproof
*    Hail is terminated
*    Smokescreen has its effect doubled
*    Poison Gas causes badly poisoned status
*     Outrage, Thrash, and Petal Dance fatigue after a single turn
*    Nature Power becomes Eruption
*    Camouflage changes the user's type to Fire
*    Secret Power may Burn
*    Telluric Seed boosts Defense and applies Shell Trap to the user

... Well, it looks like something didn't parse well there. Guess we'll keep that a secret for now! In any case, you can see it still retains some of the Superheated aspect, but now has its own distinctive personality, to put it one way. As you can see, there's a new mechanic involving the volcano erupting (I bet Team Magma would love this). At the end of every turn, if a move that causes an eruption is used, or Desolate Land is in effect, there will be an eruption that causes a lot of disruption! Heh, that rhymes! So you can either be wary of using those moves, or go all out with a Camerupt or Typhlosion (or Primal Groudon for the cheaters)! There will be more field updates along the way, so stay tuned~

- Alex

IDK how I feel about fire moves being boosted by only x1.1 on the top of a Volcano but keep up the good work.

In any case, is it safe to say the progress bar is at least 60% now? Or is that too much of a jump since the team is working on the entire game and rebalancing every trainer. 

On 12/4/2017 at 12:56 AM, Sceptilespy said:

IDK how I feel about fire moves being boosted by only x1.1 on the top of a Volcano but keep up the good work.

In any case, is it safe to say the progress bar is at least 60% now? Or is that too much of a jump since the team is working on the entire game and rebalancing every trainer. 

It isn't that big of a Jump, but seeing that It's more than halfway done makes me feel as if it all went by way too fast.

Than again, 2017 went by rather quick too. I became a legal adult, Emoji movie, anticipation for a new Star Wars, Trump has been president for a year now.

It feels as if the anticipation for Version 9, and Jan's computer breaking down, and the heartwarming "thank you" that Jan gave the community, weren't that long ago. And that all the discussions we had were fairly recent.

It also feels as if Version 10's development cycle started one week ago. I'd be surprised if it were 60% done. 

1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

It isn't that big of a Jump, but seeing that It's more than halfway done makes me feel as if it all went by way too fast.

Than again, 2017 went by rather quick too. I became a legal adult, Emoji movie, anticipation for a new Star Wars, Trump has been president for a year now.

It feels as if the anticipation for Version 9, and Jan's computer breaking down, and the heartwarming "thank you" that Jan gave the community, weren't that long ago. And that all the discussions we had were fairly recent.

It also feels as if Version 10's development cycle started one week ago. I'd be surprised if it were 60% done. 

Well if it's somehow not 60%, then in Jan's defense, the 44% WAS an estimate. Then again, it should still be somewhat accurate. I predict we'll get V10 in January. 

this might have been already ask, but i couldnt find anyone who ask u this. but im a little worry for the story of version 10+ , since at the end of v9 we are suposs to enter the tournament, and if we WIN, we would receive all badge. does that mean that we wont have to face all remaining gym leader? or something will happen that we wont get all the badge and we will have to get them the regular way beating all of them whenever you create them all.

23 minutes ago, maguslucis said:

this might have been already ask, but i couldnt find anyone who ask u this. but im a little worry for the story of version 10+ , since at the end of v9 we are suposs to enter the tournament, and if we WIN, we would receive all badge. does that mean that we wont have to face all remaining gym leader? or something will happen that we wont get all the badge and we will have to get them the regular way beating all of them whenever you create them all.

They aren't gonna be that nice to just hand over all of the badges. We're gonna have to earn them normally, and if we did get them for free there really wouldn't be much of a game left.

• Global Mods

Yea there's no way we'll ever complete the tournament. either it will be interrupted, we will be pulled out in some way, or the tournament will never begin in the first place (though it probably will with us mysteriously enrolled into it)

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Yea there's no way we'll ever complete the tournament. either it will be interrupted, we will be pulled out in some way, or the tournament will never begin in the first place (though it probably will with us mysteriously enrolled into it)

My money's on the whole thing being a set up by team Xen. They're probably trying to get you all in one place so they can do something which means it will probably never conclude.

Perhaps they want something similar to Blacksteeple with everyone panicking and fighting. Or to capture Melia, the gym leaders and the other main characters.

Hey Jan, take your time, man. Besides i dont want v10 to be out by feb nxt yr cuz i have a huge exam Irl events can take some time to deal with.

1 hour ago, Gheist said:

My money's on the whole thing being a set up by team Xen. They're probably trying to get you all in one place so they can do something which means it will probably never conclude.

Perhaps they want something similar to Blacksteeple with everyone panicking and fighting. Or to capture Melia, the gym leaders and the other main characters.

Nah, I say it is a genuine event, as they've already tried. I say that they interrupt it, but the MC and co. drive them away again.

Spoiler

Also who r those 2 kids who transform and pretend to be MU and Nancy?

Edited by Type_Null

12 minutes ago, Type_Null said:

Hey Jan, take your time, man. Besides i dont want v10 to be out by feb nxt yr cuz i have a huge exam Irl events can take some time to deal with.

Nah, I say it is a genuine event, as they've already tried. I say that they interrupt it, but the MC and co. drive them away again.

Hide contents

Also who r those 2 kids who transform and pretend to be MU and Nancy?

Yes it's a genuine event normally but the mayor of the city is working for team Xen so THIS TIME it is a set up. I mean somebody with the power to sign you all up did it and the mayor seems like the prime suspect. And those 2 are new characters very likely involved with Xen as well. Also the hospital is almost certainly involved with this whole fiasco with the stone turning so it looks like everything leads back to Xen at the end of the day. Even team Bladestar which seems to oppose Xen had a Rift mon so it gets even more convoluted.

And I don't think there's any point spoiler tagging since V9 has been out for quite a while now.

On 12/7/2017 at 1:32 AM, Gheist said:

Yes it's a genuine event normally but the mayor of the city is working for team Xen so THIS TIME it is a set up. I mean somebody with the power to sign you all up did it and the mayor seems like the prime suspect. And those 2 are new characters very likely involved with Xen as well. Also the hospital is almost certainly involved with this whole fiasco with the stone turning so it looks like everything leads back to Xen at the end of the day. Even team Bladestar which seems to oppose Xen had a Rift mon so it gets even more convoluted.

And I don't think there's any point spoiler tagging since V9 has been out for quite a while now.

Their names are Cosmia and Comet. And they show up at the "Quiz" objective in Kristiline help center.