Rejuvenation | Dev Blog [Status Thread]

Jan

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I thought about while playing the game. If Kanon had simply walked out of the cult with the bomb, Instead of revealing right there that he was going to betray Red Gardevoir and the cult, he might have been able to keep his Salamence.

Moral of the Story: Think things through, before dealing with dangerous cults.

Kanon was rash. And being too rash lead to the death of his Salamence.

i just wanna know, if there will some bug fixes on v10 too, like the

Spoiler

A.N.A skin, that turns back into the normal skin on an especific part of the game

i know, here isn't the place for that stuff and all.... but there wasn't any solution on the bugs topic for that.... if someone wants to know more about it,there is a link to my topic:

(http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29789-v9-save-file-troubleshooting/&do=findComment&comment=697091)

and one more question, you guys have any plans for the UBs on rejuvenation? :3

Edited by Fantas
i think that it could be a minor spoiler... maybe

1 hour ago, Fantas said:

i just wanna know, if there will some bug fixes on v10 too, like the

Hide contents

A.N.A skin, that turns back into the normal skin on an especific part of the game

i know, here isn't the place for that stuff and all.... but there wasn't any solution on the bugs topic for that.... if someone wants to know more about it,there is a link to my topic:

(http://www.rebornevo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29789-v9-save-file-troubleshooting/&do=findComment&comment=697091)

and one more question, you guys have any plans for the UBs on rejuvenation? :3

The UB's are most likely gonna be post game content. So you won't get anything for a very long time. 

5 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

I mean, I went through the effort of defeating her. Might as well get acknowledged.

Also "not even death can kill me"? That sounds like something on the TV tropes wiki.

Or better "in my opinion" the achievement could be called "YOU CAN'T KILL ME". Let me know if you understand that reference

I don't know how I feel about not being able to fail an achievement since that means they can't be things like defeating a gym leader on your first try/without losing Pokemon and it can't be winning any of the losable battles. These seem like the primary things you'd want achievements for. As far as the top tier rewards go, I want me some IV stones and Shiny paint. Those make the most sense. Some secret side quests/Easter eggs/dialogue could be interesting too if you spend enough AP or buy a certain item (key/orb/information/whatever).

I wonder whether the achievements are really the Secret ??? bar or completely unrelated. Obviously the fact that the bar still says "???" could just be Jan forgetting (not bothering) to update the thing yet but I'm not sure adding achievements really warrants it's own bar. It just doesn't seem that difficult (time consuming) but I could be wrong depending on how crazy this thing is actually going to be (new areas/battles/complicated code).

• Developers

I don't know how I feel about not being able to fail an achievement since that means they can't be things like defeating a gym leader on your first try/without losing Pokemon and it can't be winning any of the losable battles. These seem like the primary things you'd want achievements for. As far as the top tier rewards go, I want me some IV stones and Shiny paint. Those make the most sense. Some secret side quests/Easter eggs/dialogue could be interesting too if you spend enough AP or buy a certain item (key/orb/information/whatever).

I wonder whether the achievements are really the Secret ??? bar or completely unrelated. Obviously the fact that the bar still says "???" could just be Jan forgetting (not bothering) to update the thing yet but I'm not sure adding achievements really warrants it's own bar. It just doesn't seem that difficult (time consuming) but I could be wrong depending on how crazy this thing is actually going to be (new areas/battles/complicated code).

Well, if there's one thing I've learned while doing this it's that you can't please everybody. However, like I said in the reply post to Commander, it's a WIP and nothing is set in stone.. Things can still change and they most likely will. 

Also no, ??? is not achievements. I haven't forgotten to update it, it's just not a huge priority right now and hasn't been worked on. 

I'll talk about that later though.

7 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

Personally, I feel as if we need to see more of Team Anti Assist. 

I always get a chuckle out of their antics.

I second that, there's never a dull moment (excluding the housesit request) without them

• Global Mods

Maybe you could eventually have 2 categories of achievements. Unmissable and Missable. Missable ones could potentially even be hidden til after they're got/missed, or just not have a description of how they're gotten (or at least a spoiler-free one) or have no material reward or something. I dunno. just spitballing.

I hope we will reunite with adam, saki and braixen in this version and also I am really intrested in knowing what exactly happened with valerie. 

I still wonder what the puppet master meant when he said that aelita and the main character should stick with each other.

11 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Maybe you could eventually have 2 categories of achievements. Unmissable and Missable. Missable ones could potentially even be hidden til after they're got/missed, or just not have a description of how they're gotten (or at least a spoiler-free one) or have no material reward or something. I dunno. just spitballing.

DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS WHEN I SAY IT AS IT COULD BE COMPLETELY OFF TARGET! From what I'm seeing with the update and the information provided, these seem to be more in the ballpark of measurements of statistics rather than doing or completing tasks. I could see the HC quests giving AP but the bulk for the expensive prizes would have to be done through stuff like playtime, catching a certain number of mons, and defeating a number of trainers. Think more along the lines of B/W2 instead of Playstation, Steam, and Microsoft Achievements.

What you are asking for is a "less is more" type system which I've seen for some steam games like the Trails series. Roughly 30 achievements (usually less), but range in difficulty which some take the entire game to achieve such as my favorite being talking to every single treasure chest. It's amusing due to the fact that they all have a unique message and some are golden (there's one joking about the long development time and how it extended further). They're very easy to keep track of and very doable to do them all. A system like that isn't viable here merely due to the trading system. A shop with infinite and good items needs a lot of opportunities to AP grind to work. Quantity is much more important than quality here.

Now I'm not saying that this system will be bad at all but I feel like it's going to be a the Battle Frontier but with tasks instead of battles. When you treat it like that, it's a pretty good system and can work very well. I'm sure a lot of people will like the system as it is and will give better feedback compared to me. Seriously, I hate the voltorb flip stuff (which you have to do for completionists), I really was not a fan of the Battle Frontier or any of the high competitive areas where you grind of BP, and I'm not a fan of games with 100s of achievements (steam has made me start liking the achievement thing more). To top it all off, I thought the achievement thing in B/W2 was kind of meh and there were way too many coins. I know I'll probably dislike this no matter what, and that's okay as it doesn't make the game awful or any worse since ultimately it's optional. It's just best to back off of it for now until the version release. If you really don't like it, there's probably not much that could be done so that you do like it (meaning it's best to save your breath), but if you're indifferent or only find some parts you enjoy, that'll likely be better feedback to help improve it.

That was kind of rambly, but the point is that I do think it's a little bit too early to really judge and make suggestions without experiencing it first hand. Actually, I just thought of something. Why was a shop created instead of merely giving prizes based on how much AP has been acquired? I feel that would remove the factor of balancing AP so you don't give too little or too much. (Sorry, modding has given me either a ton of paranoia or speculating worse case scenarios to avoid them as much as possible).

• Global Mods

Yea, I don't really mind how it's done in the end, and it'll probably be good but if not there's plenty of opportunity to just improve it.

I think a shop vs milestone rewards lets players choose what they do/don't need and spend their points accordingly, as well as choosing between instant gratification and saving up for more expensive and impactful purchases.

who knows? I sure don't.

So just a quick question about the characters new look. Will they also be able to get a new costume change along with that or will that part of the content be revamped or neider (Yes I said "neider" I like silliness)? 

I also still want a sidequest about the Gearen Lab Fire that happened years before the events of the game. It seems like a sidequest that would last quite a while. 

Maybe Matthew and Amber could finally re enter Gearen without the police raising alarms.

Just throwing Ideas around.

1 hour ago, Gheist said:

I want an option to choose between the old and new sprites. If not at the selection screen, at least something that can be configured in or out of the game. Maybe a mod.

Jan already said that if we wanted it, it would be there. We had a vote, and the overwhelming majority said yes.

2 hours ago, bearyserious said:

Hi Jan, 

if we could have a continuation to Paul's quest to fix the milkshake machine I'd be eternally grateful. Top 10 anime betrayals 2018??

...This is the world you created. You wanted some fun, no? Just another adventure? You tried to play hero in an unforgiving world. Did you ever consider the consequences of What you did? All that you've done?

39 minutes ago, Mytic27 said:

Some quotes from desolation yes?

Yes. Rejuvenation is a lot less dark compared to desolation, but in terms of quality, both are similar. 

Over these past few weeks, I've been editing my own teams in Debug mode so that I could do certain runs of both games (Such as using a Mono Dark team in Rejuvenation, or using Melia's team + an Arcanine in Desolation). I must have memorized every single possible plot point in both games. I've also kept two files for Legit play.

And I'm excited that the next versions of both games will be coming soon. Most likely in March, but I'm willing to wait until July, or September if I must. My Legitimate files will be the first I go to when the new versions are released.

Reborn, Rejuvenation, and Desolation excel in different aspect of Pokemon games to the point that it's not fair to compare them.
Reborn excels in gameplay design, Rejuvenation excels in aesthetics, and Desolation excels in character interaction choice.
All of them are important aspect of Pokemon game and the three games manages to polish it out to be better.

Narrative-wise though, all of them has several issues but mostly those issues are overshadowed by the awesomeness so it's not a big deal. Speaking of narrative, I'm curious how far v10 will be into the plot. How many episodes left until the end? Sorry if this has been asked before.