• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers
1 hour ago, Mrlolster said:

A brief word on progress?

I think the status bar says it all. 

8 hours ago, tomikson said:

was madame x name taken from that pokemon xy episode where a malamar mind controls officer jenny and names her madame x?

Correct!

7 hours ago, Jan said:

Correct!

Conspiracy theories ahoy!

So could this mean that Madame X is somehow connected to that help request with the mind-controlling inkays?

Is she really the Malamar head honcho of the gang, and is that why she always wears a mask and armor? Or is she being controlled by said gang boss, and the mask is to hide her glazed-over eyes so nobody notices?

Did an ancient Malamar go around controlling Garufans and is that why their whole tribe was afraid of pokemon's unchecked power?

Is the player actually a rogue inkay, maybe with their memories erased, who was assigned a "human mother" by team Xen and the boss Malamar to ensure they don't spill the beans? And is that why they talk so little? There was a "human" solosis, so who knows!

I don't like that malamar stuff, that episode creeped me out.

Seriously, psychic type pokemon are the scariest, do you ever think about what they can do? In the help request of GDC with the dimensional rift I was totally expecting like a buffed alakazam that had killed all of the bladestar grunts for imprisoning and using it or something and that was why the facility was empty. I have a wild imagination, I know.

Anyway back on topic: 96% (!!!!!!!) 

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! 96%. This means that the ??? thing will be released soon. Jan is racing downhill. We are all waiting below the hill

5 hours ago, YouGotLittUp said:

Conspiracy theories ahoy!

So could this mean that Madame X is somehow connected to that help request with the mind-controlling inkays?

Is she really the Malamar head honcho of the gang, and is that why she always wears a mask and armor? Or is she being controlled by said gang boss, and the mask is to hide her glazed-over eyes so nobody notices?

Did an ancient Malamar go around controlling Garufans and is that why their whole tribe was afraid of pokemon's unchecked power?

Is the player actually a rogue inkay, maybe with their memories erased, who was assigned a "human mother" by team Xen and the boss Malamar to ensure they don't spill the beans? And is that why they talk so little? There was a "human" solosis, so who knows!

if we the players are inkay, then that would really undervalue our worth in the game and probably would go through existential crisis, so i dont think that will happen 

38 minutes ago, tomikson said:

if we the players are inkay, then that would really undervalue our worth in the game and probably would go through existential crisis, so i dont think that will happen 

I don't really think the player's an inkay, just kidding. Something's definitely up with our character, though, considering (spoilerinos ahead) our mother's apparently some kind of robot, and Crescent keeps looking out for us.

Though team xen does seem to be less interested in us than in Melia, so maybe we actually are a wee rogue inkay just like them, and they know it.

So this game doesn't follow the same model of Time Travel as explorers of sky does, huh?

I should explain what I mean. In this game, It is possible for Melia to age 1 year, and in another time period, it could be only a month.

In Explorers, there are predetermined points that are a generation apart. If Two hours pass at one point, then two hours pass at another point. Example: You can't time travel to the point just before the main characters joined the guild, because that already happened in that period.

Discuss.

Hey Jan and dev team,

I'm so glad that you all are progressing along so well, but I had a thought about the Puppetmasters that I thought I would suggest.

Psyche Terror so far seems just like a generic Dazzliing Gleam, or Muddy Water w/o the accuracy implications. You know, just a basic attack that hits both opponents. Since it seems that Magenta's Pokemon are the only ones that seem to know this attack, why not grant a secondary attack that forces the player to attack Neon's Pokemon? Almost like Spotlight, but also doing damage at the same time, hence the glass cannon and tank combination?

Also in Reborn's Psychic Terrain, Pure Power doubles Special Attack if I'm not mistaken, so maybe Mega Medicham might not be the best Mega choice.

Good luck to you all <3

11 hours ago, TheWaddleDee said:

Hey Jan and dev team,

I'm so glad that you all are progressing along so well, but I had a thought about the Puppetmasters that I thought I would suggest.

Psyche Terror so far seems just like a generic Dazzliing Gleam, or Muddy Water w/o the accuracy implications. You know, just a basic attack that hits both opponents. Since it seems that Magenta's Pokemon are the only ones that seem to know this attack, why not grant a secondary attack that forces the player to attack Neon's Pokemon? Almost like Spotlight, but also doing damage at the same time, hence the glass cannon and tank combination?

Also in Reborn's Psychic Terrain, Pure Power doubles Special Attack if I'm not mistaken, so maybe Mega Medicham might not be the best Mega choice.

Good luck to you all <3

I do agree that the last gym wasn't much difficult. version 9 normal mode made some things easier, which was a much needed change. 

I first played v7 where i found narcissa the most challenging gym leader, most people considered valerie as the hardest at that time but abomasnow from blacksteeple castle just owned valerie's team. 

In v9,i accidentally came to know that dazzling gleam could change the field, in v7,there were hardly good fairies obtainable before that spot but v9 gave us cutiefly which made game easier. Same case with amber, lycanroc mid day was too good for amber

NEVER THOUGHT I'D BE SO HYPED ABOUT A 3% UPDATE!!!!!

But seriously Jan, you and the team are doing some amazing work, don't overdo yourself tho. People can always wait when the content is so good. (And if the can't then fuck them )

Depending on how much the ??? thing takes V10 could be out by March, I'm so excited.

4 minutes ago, Prowlcorp said:

100% should mean 100% not testing required

Usually, when the development hits 100% Jan adds another bar for testing, but it's something hard to measure because you can't know how many bugs there will be and how long will it take to fix them. I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy a game full of bugs that interrupt the flow of the gameplay or stop you from being able to continue playing, right?

13 minutes ago, walpurgis said:

Depending on how much the ??? thing takes V10 could be out by March, I'm so excited.

Usually, when the development hits 100% Jan adds another bar for testing, but it's something hard to measure because you can't know how many bugs there will be and how long will it take to fix them. I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy a game full of bugs that interrupt the flow of the gameplay or stop you from being able to continue playing, right?

The ??? likely won't stop v10 from coming out. She could just not have it at 100% until deemed ready to roll out