Rejuvenation | Dev Blog [Status Thread]

Jan

• Developers
Spoiler

Imo this cap system works much better. Also in regards to balance, I felt as if some significant fights were made easier in V9 compared to V8. Is this intentional, with normal becoming more forgiving and the proper challenge moving to intense, or was it somewhat unintentional and they'll be picked up again in future if they're a bit soft?

@DreamblitzX

It was intentional and unintentional at the same time. I did take some of the power in normal and shift it over to Intense mode. Some battles in normals were just way too difficult to call "normal". Unfortunately, some fights in normal were too nerfed and resulted in really easy fights. 

Revenant Keta is one where I had to remove mons because of the amount of exp that was given at that point. But because of the new cap system, that will no longer be necessary. So Keta will get his full tem back in v10.

@sandy

Spoiler

the level difference between  venam and ketta is 20 and our current cap is 80 so the drop in the cap next episode will be bigger than 10 i beleive

The cap between Venam and Keta is definitely not 20, lol. It's 10. Like I said in the post, levels will be going down by 5.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So about that whole level limiter thing I guess I should be specific if it is the same format as the one I drew up (Sardines was the one who kind of helped and rewrote it to its current form):

-I choose not to disable Rare Candies actually due to the starters. Some people actually thought this was an oversight, but it serves no harm especially due to the obedience system layer in place.

-Insurgence did this before with 1 exp. I knew that message would be annoying so I opted to remove it entirely using 0 exp instead. They did this to make sure EVs would still be added to a Pokemon. This issue has been resolved with HC's level limiter so even if you are not gaining experience, you can still EV train.

I wonder what sort of in-game explanation will exist for the level caps. The normal one of them disobeying was something consistent with the manga, as badges release some sort of waves that would allow to better control powerful pokemon in it.

Someday, I'll wait during rain

And Someday, I'll wait while I study

This Ordeal, the trial to move on

For the Day we see Version Ten

I'd give my time, not for honor, but for Jan

In My Time, there'll be no one else

Patience is the way i wait for it. (Snake Eater)

I'm still gonna wait, for an Update. 

Edited by ShadeStrider

• Global Mods

Honestly I feel like most 'canonical' explanations of actual level caps tied to the badges either don't make sense (with either implementation) or require super convoluted setup and stuff, so IMO a good way to do it is to just tell the player that the level cap increasing as you get badges just represents you as the character becoming more skilled as a trainer and able to train your pokemon to be stronger. (with the hard level caps on xp) though this would obviously be hard to change to when you have NPCs mentioning level caps and related things like reverse candies in-character already. 

Also why is the sidequests bar half green but on 0% currently? 

Edited by DreamblitzX

• Developers
12 hours ago, Kaleb D Parran said:

And here I thought you were going to increase the level limit past 100 guess I was wrong lol 

Not entirely wrong. The level 100 cap will probably be increased during the post game.

9 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Honestly I feel like most 'canonical' explanations of actual level caps tied to the badges either don't make sense (with either implementation) or require super convoluted setup and stuff, so IMO a good way to do it is to just tell the player that the level cap increasing as you get badges just represents you as the character becoming more skilled as a trainer and able to train your pokemon to be stronger. (with the hard level caps on xp) though this would obviously be hard to change to when you have NPCs mentioning level caps and related things like reverse candies in-character already. 

Also why is the sidequests bar half green but on 0% currently? 

Not everything needs this huge explanation, imo. I'll probably just tell the player how it works and end it at that. In the concept of the actual show, levels don't exist. It's just a frame made to create gameplay progression.

Also that shouldn't have been green, lol. It's been corrected.

Alsox2 quoting now works??

2 hours ago, Jan said:

In the concept of the actual show, levels don't exist.

Well, actually a kid in the early episodes in a pokemon academy points out levels while explaining the specifics of Pidgey evolving during early episodes. But yeah, that wasn't followed and soon abandoned. Meanwhile, in the manga, they follow the existance of levels, with Red and Green pointing out by the Fire Red/Leaf Green arc that it is nearly impossible for their pokemon to get stronger now in Kanto and they'd need to do so somewhere else. In special, Black himself keeps an eye constantly in the progression of his pokemons levels and the accuracy of their moves with his pokedex.

But yeah, in the end it doesn't really matter much. Levels as a whole are mostly a symbol for us to keep tabs in the growth of the pokemon... like power levels!

• Developers
20 hours ago, Lord C said:

Well, actually a kid in the early episodes in a pokemon academy points out levels while explaining the specifics of Pidgey evolving during early episodes. But yeah, that wasn't followed and soon abandoned. Meanwhile, in the manga, they follow the existance of levels, with Red and Green pointing out by the Fire Red/Leaf Green arc that it is nearly impossible for their pokemon to get stronger now in Kanto and they'd need to do so somewhere else. In special, Black himself keeps an eye constantly in the progression of his pokemons levels and the accuracy of their moves with his pokedex.

But yeah, in the end it doesn't really matter much. Levels as a whole are mostly a symbol for us to keep tabs in the growth of the pokemon... like power levels!

I wasn't actually aware that levels were present in the manga. That's interesting...

5 hours ago, ChaoticStreamer said:

Is all of aevium gonna be remodeled again, giving the whole game (tedious) replayability value (again)?

Well since you asked so nicely, I'll do it just for you. ❤️

37 minutes ago, Jan said:

(ʘ‿ʘ)

All jokes aside, I always end up resetting my game file whenever a new version sweeps around. Even if there aren't any changes to past events. I can't help it!

2 hours ago, Jan said:

aw how sweet<3

I was planning on dropping out of college anyways, good thing I'll have all this free time :')

Also, you haven't mentioned it anywhere but I'm assuming that this version will be mostly in grand dream city. If that's the case, will there be any new content outside of gdc, kinda like the last update? New sidequests? New pokemon?

On 10/3/2017 at 9:21 AM, Jan said:

Not entirely wrong. The level 100 cap will probably be increased during the post game.

Not everything needs this huge explanation, imo. I'll probably just tell the player how it works and end it at that. In the concept of the actual show, levels don't exist. It's just a frame made to create gameplay progression.

Also that shouldn't have been green, lol. It's been corrected.

Alsox2 quoting now works??

Well cool glad I was somewhat correct. I also wanted to ask you will we obtain the fly HM in a epic way like magma drift? Also will we be able to fly around like Melia does?

• Developers
16 hours ago, Kaleb D Parran said:

Well cool glad I was somewhat correct. I also wanted to ask you will we obtain the fly HM in a epic way like magma drift? Also will we be able to fly around like Melia does?

I can't tell you how you'll get Fly, but you won't be able to fly around like Melia does. As cool as it would be, it's not practical

to code, and also it would just be a faster bike at that point, lol.

7 hours ago, Lucifer said:

will the teleporter be removed in v10? i would love to just go back and see the new map work without having to start like my 50th save file ^^

It won't be removed. You'll be able to use it at your leisure!

6 hours ago, Pollo said:

Im stuck after doing the magma stone event, im supposed to go to tesla villa and watch Meliá fly away in her togekiss, but that doesn’t happen and the story won’t continue for that, i already patch it, help!! please, idon´t want to restart my game

Game.rxdata

errorlog.txt

I think you're supposed to post this under v9 troubleshooting, but I had the same problem.

Use your v8 file and go to the front of the mountain where you'll get the emotion powder.

you should be able to continue from there

a question for jan in v9 on route 9 i think where that big dojo is where we finished the version in a cave is a crystal the same the one we used to go in the past aevium now the real question we will be visiting past aevium again ?? since that crystal is inactive and are some things we can still do there 

On 10/6/2017 at 6:56 PM, biggitybum said:

Is there gonna be any sort of character development in this episode, or is this going to be sort of a romantic episode based on the title?(Just speculation)

Character Development would be preferable. I thought that their was gonna be no romance between the main characters. That's what your fanfiction is for.