Rejuvenation | Dev Blog [Status Thread]

Jan

7 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I mean there is some connection, but secondhand. Vivian was Aelita's mother right? and then Anju was from sheridan village and knew Vivian before being converted by vitus/indriad to Angie. but they haven't had direct connection/mentioning I believe

Anju obviously knew Vivian. I have a question. What was Hiyoshi City?

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Anju obviously knew Vivian. I have a question. What was Hiyoshi City?

Maybe it was where the catastrophic event ended up happening? Since we failed them blowing it up where we were in the past... 

It's likely the hometown of at least a few characters, such as Vivian and Anju and may even be important to the professor who took in Melia and Kanon.

I wonder if Taelia is Aelita's mom... Or part of Aelita herself. It is a respelling of her name. Maybe Aelita is her reincarnation? Considering Maria - Marianette - Melia, hers might be less obvious... Especially since she's not listed by Keta as a relative.

11 minutes ago, Fuyu said:

Maybe it was where the catastrophic event ended up happening? Since we failed them blowing it up where we were in the past... 

It's likely the hometown of at least a few characters, such as Vivian and Anju and may even be important to the professor who took in Melia and Kanon.

I wonder if Taelia is Aelita's mom... Or part of Aelita herself. It is a respelling of her name. Maybe Aelita is her reincarnation? Considering Maria - Marianette - Melia, hers might be less obvious... Especially since she's not listed by Keta as a relative.

Taelia is Keta's Wife, actually. And Aelita is Keta's daughter. So yeah, Taelia most likely is Aelita's mother. Keta doesn't seem to be the type to cheat on his wife, and he doesn't seem to have a second wife.

Also, Taelia was murdered. Aelita states that her mother was murdered when she was young.

Keta didn't list her as a relative because He didn't want team Xen to go after her. Aelita actually pretended that Keta wasn't her father, mainly because Keta taught her to do so. Since this happened at a young age, I don't think she questioned why.

11 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Taelia is Keta's Wife, actually. And Aelita is Keta's daughter. So yeah, Taelia most likely is Aelita's mother. Keta doesn't seem to be the type to cheat on his wife, and he doesn't seem to have a second wife.

Also, Taelia was murdered. Aelita states that her mother was murdered when she was young.

Keta didn't list her as a relative because He didn't want team Xen to go after her. Aelita actually pretended that Keta wasn't her father, mainly because Keta taught her to do so. Since this happened at a young age, I don't think she questioned why.

We get this from Aelita though, who also has had no idea she had chains on something inside of her. Do you remember if she said she saw her mother murdered when she was young? Or was simply told such? (I'm tempted to operate under the Game of Thrones law of "if we don't see it, it didn't happen" kind of deal because it's happened well so far.) And we have a trend of murdered moms in this game. I don't think he cheated, but the similarities of the names strikes me as a little too close.  Also he told us to get the Soul Stone to get us to battle him, and he knew how to use it.

(also we're not even sure if Nancy is actually MCs birth mom at this point, just that she's our mom and loves us, and even that's suspect by everyone else, so there's a possibility of a trend.) Not to mention Nancy mentions there are others like her in Blacksteeple.

23 minutes ago, Fuyu said:

We get this from Aelita though, who also has had no idea she had chains on something inside of her. Do you remember if she said she saw her mother murdered when she was young? Or was simply told such? (I'm tempted to operate under the Game of Thrones law of "if we don't see it, it didn't happen" kind of deal because it's happened well so far.) And we have a trend of murdered moms in this game. I don't think he cheated, but the similarities of the names strikes me as a little too close.  Also he told us to get the Soul Stone to get us to battle him, and he knew how to use it.

(also we're not even sure if Nancy is actually MCs birth mom at this point, just that she's our mom and loves us, and even that's suspect by everyone else, so there's a possibility of a trend.) Not to mention Nancy mentions there are others like her in Blacksteeple.

She stated it to the old man in akuwa town. Just before they got kidnapped and taken to Blacksteeple. I am not sure if she was witnessed it or was simply told it. I think the similarities in name is literally because they are mother and daughter.

I also think that Jan is a Code Lyoko fan.

8 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

She stated it to the old man in akuwa town. Just before they got kidnapped and taken to Blacksteeple. I am not sure if she was witnessed it or was simply told it. I think the similarities in name is literally because they are mother and daughter.

I also think that Jan is a Code Lyoko fan.

Considering the now pink hair I agree with that.

You guys need to CALM down. Jesus. If the man wants to act like a child and be overcome with joy and impatience then let him. We know the Devs are working hard on the game and is taking time out of their lives to work on it.  Stop being a stick in the mud and let the man express his excitement. 

Edit: Just realized I'm 10 hours late.... woops 

4 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

As for plot development, I would like the deaths in the series to actually have a greater impact on the plot. That's one of the flaws that I see with Rejuvenation's storyline, and It can be fixed with some writing. Professor Jenner and Nancy shouldn't be forgotten, and end up being throwaway characters.

One of these days I may make a COGA on it, but death is a uhh...strange subject that's both complex and simple. The short term affects of it on characters and plot vary greatly, but in terms of the long term effects there's pretty much only two results: the people close accept that person is really gone and move on or it drives them to the point of changing who they are usually for the worst. With them dead, generally they aren't relevant to the plot and the plot focuses on other things.

I'm not sure what else you expect from those characters as the only changes you could do is better buildup to their deaths. I wouldn't say their throwaway characters either as honestly they filled their role just fine and now it's time to move on. That's just how most deaths in games are. After all it's not the death itself that's the most impactful part, but how characters react to it. Also, those character weren't all that relevant to start so...oh well. If you want an impact, kill off a character like Venam whom Melia will forget about in 2 seconds be more focused on exploring a mansion

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to take off before an angry mob with pitchforks arrives at my house.

7 hours ago, seki108 said:

@Arlonen And now my respect for Jan just grew.  Looking back, I never did finish Code Lyoko.

I never was a fan of Code Lyoko.

Also, Melia is a Xenoblade Character.

Venam = Venom Symbiote from Marvel = Venom Snake, the guy you kill at the end of the first Metal Gear game ever.

Amber = Old Amber = fossil you use to revive Aerodactyl.

Tesla is a car company.

Saki = British Writer

Damien = One of the main characters of Pokemon Insurgence, who gets infected by Pokerus.

Ren = Kylo Ren, one of the worst Star Wars characters ever put on the big screen, and one of the many Star Wars characters to achieve the status of "worse than Jar Jar".

Karen = Karen of the Elite 4. Surprisingly, they are both in the Elite 4 of their respective regions.

I'm sure there are more name origins.

*realizes that V10 will include the tornament*

We're going to either win and be framed for cheating

Or be utterly annihilated by someone

Maybe Team Xen crashes the party as well, but I have a feeling they're running the thing

On 1-10-2017 at 12:03 AM, Jan said:

Deleted everything. I'm starting the whole project over. 😤😤 See you guys next week for v1!! ☺️☺️☺️

YEEAAAHHHH!!! Finally a punishment for al those people asking when V10 will be out!