Rejuvenation | Dev Blog [Status Thread]

Jan

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

My excitement tends to get the better of me sometimes. And by sometimes, I mean a lot.

Then you need to learn how to act like an adult and control yourself. Especially when it's for a game which is completely free, which Jan and others sacrifice their own precious personal time to deliver to us. 

Okay, I think I'm going to butt in here because there's a lot of repeats of the same conversation going on and the same people responding the same way. Under normal circumstances, the sheer amount of time invested in bug fixing is kind of inexcusable. We know about Reborn's E17 scenario where the game took two months for a release due to the sheer amount of critical bugs which heavily affected the gameplay to the point it could be considered unenjoyable. Not much was said by the dev team which lead to the ever so enjoyable wait period and explaining to people what the heck was going on. Seriously an official statement of "I know this is taking a lot longer than normal, but there's been a lot of major errors that need to be fixed so it'll like be a while before we can even get this release ready for the community. Sorry about that, but please be patient so that we can make E17 into a more enjoyable experience than it is.

I don't really care about percentages as percents mean next to nothing in the long run. They are nice to show the increments of progress, but a feed is just as useful to show a project is active. That percentage also shows and represents no progress that has been made from now until the update was posted. So I don't necessarily think it's wrong to ask what is taking the game so long as it's not people trying to rush Jan and co, but more along the lines they want to know why so they can get a better estimate as to when the game will come out. As it stands, I don't know if it's coming out tomorrow or a month from now. Could be two months if it's that glitchy and systems need to be completely remade.

And before you say it, no I'm not an impatient person. I generally wait 4 years for a certain company to release a game (cough *monolith soft* cough) so even three months is like a nothing to me. I also have a pretty good idea what's going on with that last 20% and why it's taking so long, but I was trying to speak for a good chunk of people who were more wondering about the why over the when. Like, I'm still wondering when in the hell SE is doing with that FFVII remake or even if they're still working on it. Because we all know KH3 is never coming.

5 minutes ago, Commander said:

Like, I'm still wondering when in the hell SE is doing with that FFVII remake or even if they're still working on it. Because we all know KH3 is never coming.

For KH3, it is coming this year it has been stated. It may be delayed, but that is the statement

SE is still working on FFVII remake, I recently saw an article where they are asking for someone for an extra position.

In other news, I've been absent from these forums for a loooong looong time, and I just noticed that Jan replied to my question about whether the Reaper Cloth would be part of episode 10 and he said that it could be a possibility!
Now, I won't be disappointed if it's not there, but if it is, then I am HYPED like crazy!
Dusclops has become one of my favourite pokemon and I had heavily undervalued its worth prior to playing this extremely hard pokemon game. He means more to me than a starter, and his stalling skills are SICC. If I ever evolve him to Dusknoir I am going to cry from happiness Q_Q

Is there something you guys are hyped about in particular with E10? :D 
I mean, I can't wait for new story/tough battles, but the possibility of a Reaper Cloth is exciting me the most!

13 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

TFW this thread has become exactly why Jan was reluctant to make a V10 status thread after V9

Lets just change the subject. Any Ideas? There are so many things in this game that have not yet been discussed.

The Garufan Language. Lets discuss that. Trowan ma'acneeth. Why do the Garufans have to use two words to say a simple one, like Open?

14 minutes ago, Thiazzi said:

Maybe it means 'open the door'. That way they use two words instead of three, which makes it a very effective language.

Wouldn't a simple "Open" suffice? Then you could Open chests, and bags, not just doors. Do you have to specify what you are opening all the time?

Are the Garufans like the Dwemer in Elder Scrolls Lore? Too advanced for our insignificant little minds?

I'm mainly excited to test out the new pokemon I got for E10, like Metagross, but I'd love to see some enemies or bosses utilise z-moves in interesting ways for unique strategies. I also wanna  see more of the plot develop obviously, there's a fair bit I'm excited for in this update.

Just now, TDoggyDog said:

I'm mainly excited to test out the new pokemon I got for E10, like Metagross, but I'd love to see some enemies or bosses utilise z-moves in interesting ways for unique strategies. I also wanna  see more of the plot develop obviously, there's a fair bit I'm excited for in this update.

I think I need to search about some more pokemon and strengthen my roster. I am going with 8 pokemon mainly, but I imagine the game will just get more and more difficult.

25 minutes ago, TDoggyDog said:

Same. Jolteon, Espeon, Metagross, Gallade, Gardevoir, Zangoose, Crobat, Shelmet, Incineroar, Decidueye, Serperior, The Former Shadow Froakie that I got by going back to V5, who is now a Greninja, Vikavolt, Golurk, Leavanny, Yanmega, Malamar, Chandelure, Salazzle, Regular Raichu, Alohan Raichu, Alohan Ninetales, Silvally, Accelgor, the list goes on and on.

As for plot development, I would like the deaths in the series to actually have a greater impact on the plot. That's one of the flaws that I see with Rejuvenation's storyline, and It can be fixed with some writing. Professor Jenner and Nancy shouldn't be forgotten, and end up being throwaway characters.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

Same. Jolteon, Espeon, Metagross, Gallade, Gardevoir, Zangoose, Crobat, Shelmet, Incineroar, Decidueye, Serperior, The Former Shadow Froakie that I got by going back to V5, who is now a Greninja, Vikavolt, Golurk, Leavanny, Yanmega, Malamar, Chandelure, Salazzle, Regular Raichu, Alohan Raichu, Alohan Ninetales, Silvally, Accelgor, the list goes on and on.

As for plot development, I would like the deaths in the series to actually have a greater impact on the plot. That's one of the flaws that I see with Rejuvenation's storyline, and It can be fixed with some writing. Professor Jenner and Nancy shouldn't be forgotten, and end up being throwaway characters.

There's still very much unresolved questions about them (The dolls thing, any potential connection between Jenner and Vitus/Indriad) so I don't think they're 'throwaway' at all.

6 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

There's still very much unresolved questions about them (The dolls thing, any potential connection between Jenner and Vitus/Indriad) so I don't think they're 'throwaway' at all.

And those questions deserve to be answered. But I'm not sure if it should be in V10. I think V10 should be about resolving the petrification incidents, the conflict between BladeStar and the city officials (especially Cassandra), and the GDC tournaments. As well as our dealings with Axis University, Hospital of Hope and the Underground. 

Maybe we will get enrolled. I mean, we are apparently famous at the University for our dealings with Team Xen. To think that we went from being a complete nobody to one of Aevium's most significant and powerful fighters. I know that's the plot of every fangame ever, but still.

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, ShadeStrider said:

And those questions deserve to be answered. But I'm not sure if it should be in V10. I think V10 should be about resolving the petrification incidents, the conflict between BladeStar and the city officials (especially Cassandra), and the GDC tournaments. As well as our dealings with Axis University, Hospital of Hope and the Underground. 

Oh yea definitely. V10 is about finding out all of the events in motion below the surface of GDC. those are things for the future when we get more into the thick of Team Xen.

1 minute ago, ShadeStrider said:

And those questions deserve to be answered. But I'm not sure if it should be in V10. I think V10 should be about resolving the petrification incidents, the conflict between BladeStar and the city officials (especially Cassandra), and the GDC tournaments. As well as our dealings with Axis University and the Hospital of Hope. 

There's also the questions about when Flora's going to make her move, what's Crescent planning and one overlooked thing I remembered, hasn't anyone questioned how the hell the eldest knows Vitus and vice versa

10 minutes ago, Dave9 said:

There's also the questions about when Flora's going to make her move, what's Crescent planning and one overlooked thing I remembered, hasn't anyone questioned how the hell the eldest knows Vitus and vice versa

I think you mean Vivian. Vivian and Vitus are two completely different people.

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, Dave9 said:

Just now, ShadeStrider said:

I think you mean Vivian. Vivian and Vitus are two completely different people.

I mean there is some connection, but secondhand. Vivian was Aelita's mother right? and then Anju was from sheridan village and knew Vivian before being converted by vitus/indriad to Angie. but they haven't had direct connection/mentioning I believe

2 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I mean there is some connection, but secondhand. Vivian was Aelita's mother right? and then Anju was from sheridan village and knew Vivian before being converted by vitus/indriad to Angie. but they haven't had direct connection/mentioning I believe

Actually, Taelia was Aelita's mother. But yeah, the point about Anju still stands. I don't even know Vivian's gender.

1 minute ago, DreamblitzX said:

I could've been mistaken considering both their names start with Vi and the eldest didn't say the full name of said person. Btw Taelia is Aelita's mother's name