Rejuvenation | Dev Blog [Status Thread]

Jan

Aelita, Kanon, Erin, Melia, Venam and the MC didn't sign up for the tournament.

Cosmia used transform on all of us. And She signed Aelita, Kanon, Erin, Melia, and Venam up. Comet signed us up. 

But then, If Cosmia signed Venam up, then what was the point of petrifying her? If She was going to take Venam's place in the tournament, then she shouldn't have left Venam right in the Center of GDC.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Aelita, Kanon, Erin, Melia, Venam and the MC didn't sign up for the tournament.

Cosmia used transform on all of us. And She signed Aelita, Kanon, Erin, Melia, and Venam up. Comet signed us up. 

But then, If Cosmia signed Venam up, then what was the point of petrifying her? If She was going to take Venam's place in the tournament, then she shouldn't have left Venam right in the Center of GDC.

The one who was meant to be petrified was Lavender, Venam just happened to be there because she saw her going outside, so she followed her. A clear case of being there at the wrong place, wrong time. (It is still odd why she was sparred from it thought)

And Cosmia may had sign up for her before that.

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, AzureC said:

The one who was meant to be petrified was Lavender, Venam just happened to be there because she saw her going outside, so she followed her. A clear case of being there at the wrong place, wrong time. (It is still odd why she was sparred from it thought)

And Cosmia may had sign up for her before that.

Nope it was Venam that got petrified. Lavender was missing but later found injured in the sewer area, up north a bit

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

Nope it was Venam that got petrified. Lavender was missing but later found injured in the sewer area, up north a bit

So Venam was a witness. Lavender was the original target, but Venam just happened to be there. Since Venam was a witness, Cosmia had no choice but to eliminate her. After petrifying Venam, Cosmia went after Lavender. And Lavender somehow managed to escape. Injured, but not petrified.

This is what we can deduce from the crime scene, and all of the clues that we have been given.

• Global Mods
Just now, ShadeStrider said:

So Venam was a witness. Lavender was the original target, but Venam just happened to be there. Since Venam was a witness, Cosmia had no choice but to eliminate her. After petrifying Venam, Cosmia went after Lavender. And Lavender somehow managed to escape. Injured, but not petrified.

It's also possible that Lavender is actually involved with it. the circumstances of her being out there were a bit suspicious, and Venam followed her out there, asked what she was doing, and then winds up petrified the next morning?

11 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

It's also possible that Lavender is actually involved with it. the circumstances of her being out there were a bit suspicious, and Venam followed her out there, asked what she was doing, and then winds up petrified the next morning?

I did not want to consider that possibility, probably because I kind of like Lavender. But yeah, she probably was involved with it. It's possible that she was conspiring with Cosmia, and that they were going to discuss something. So Venam followed Lavender, and had to be eliminated. Then Lavender and Cosmia had their discussion, and Lavender decided to Injure herself using one of her pokemon's psychic powers, so that she could effectively cover her tracks.

I mean, causing an injury that was painful, but not fatal should be an easy task for an Alakazam with an IQ of 5,000. And Lavender would probably go through any length to make sure her mission was successful. Even Self Injury.

That would make the process of *how* the people are turning into stone make a bit more sense. When Nim was petrified, it was from psychic enervation- she had used to much mental energy trying to keep *Giratina* of all things trapped in her dimension. She's an accomplished psychic, though, so she had plenty of endurance.

The average person, however? They wouldn't have anywhere near the same level of mental endurance, or any sort of mental protection on themselves- it wouldn't be especially difficult for a Psychic type to break into their mind. At that point, all they'd need is a way to sap the victim of their energy and a get away; the latter of which is certainly the tricky part, since lavender's been shown to have at least one pokemon capable of using Teleport.

...Does this make any sense to anyone else, or am i just running my mouth here?

7 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

That would make the process of *how* the people are turning into stone make a bit more sense. When Nim was petrified, it was from psychic enervation- she had used to much mental energy trying to keep *Giratina* of all things trapped in her dimension. She's an accomplished psychic, though, so she had plenty of endurance.

The average person, however? They wouldn't have anywhere near the same level of mental endurance, or any sort of mental protection on themselves- it wouldn't be especially difficult for a Psychic type to break into their mind. At that point, all they'd need is a way to sap the victim of their energy and a get away; the latter of which is certainly the tricky part, since lavender's been shown to have at least one pokemon capable of using Teleport.

...Does this make any sense to anyone else, or am i just running my mouth here?

Nope. What you said makes perfect sense. I did not think of that. Maybe I should have thought back to when Nim was petrified. I acknowledge that you have the superior intellect.

As for sapping a person of their energy, well they could just store a huge amount of Psychic energy inside the victim. Then the Victim, who wouldn't have much mental energy, would not be able to keep that energy inside. As a result, they would implode, and turn to stone.

Now Lavender is the prime suspect. Or, someone might be using her as a scapegoat. Or Cosmia could be an accomplished psychic (accomplished enough to make people think that it was Nancy they were seeing). 

Anyone remember the time when player and venam had a battle to decide what ribbon she would get for melia's bday? (red and blue ribbon)
Since venam got petrified, and melia found the ribbon venam was going to give her, what do you think how Melia will react to that?

It probably got petrified with her, and should be in her pocket as a result- if Venam was carrying the ribbon with her at the time, Melia isn't going to find it. If she had stashed in a drawer, on the other hand... then things might get interesting there~!

It doesn't make sense for Lavender to be an accomplice or the mastermind of this phenomenon, for starters she was as confused as the MC and Huey when she saw two MC's and she was pretty determined to find out what the hell is going on in GDC, besides she wouldn't have injured herself to that extent. About the whole psyciatric energy deficiency thing that happened to Nim, it could be the cause of this or Yveltal draining peoples energy, then again we never knew what Crescent wanted Lorna to do. 

Who am I kidding, this has team xen written all over it

Edited by Dave9
Forgot to add words

33 minutes ago, Dave9 said:

It doesn't make sense for Lavender to be an accomplice or the mastermind of this phenomenon, for starters she was as confused as the MC and Huey when she saw two MC's and she was pretty determined to find out what the hell is going on in GDC, besides she wouldn't have injured herself to that extent. About the whole psyciatric energy deficiency thing that happened to Nim, it could be the cause of this or Yveltal draining peoples energy, then again we never knew what Crescent wanted Lorna to do. 

Who am I kidding, this has team xen written all over it

Or, you know, she could be... Acting? 

As for how far someone would be pushed to complete their objective, If Lavender really was dedicated to her mission, then any amount of Injury would have been an acceptable outcome. If she is acting, then we don't technically know the real Lavender. 

But Yveltal has never been shown to turn anyone to stone. In lore, it only absorbs life energy. I doubt that Madame X is the one turning people to stone. Besides, just saying that Madame X has the power to do that wouldn't really be good writing, as it's literally giving her new powers as the Plot demands. I'd rather that the result be something that has already been established in-universe, such as the excessive psychic energy thing.

It most definitely has to do with Team Xen. This means that if Lavender is Guilty, than she is affiliated with Team Xen.

It could just be Cosmia, but Lavender is now a suspect, and their isn't any real evidence to disprove it or prove it. This is all just speculation. But I feel that Lavender is a likely suspect.

Version 10 will either prove me right, or wrong. Or maybe 50% of both.

1 hour ago, ShadeStrider said:

Or, you know, she could be... Acting? 

As for how far someone would be pushed to complete their objective, If Lavender really was dedicated to her mission, then any amount of Injury would have been an acceptable outcome. If she is acting, then we don't technically know the real Lavender. 

But Yveltal has never been shown to turn anyone to stone. In lore, it only absorbs life energy. I doubt that Madame X is the one turning people to stone. Besides, just saying that Madame X has the power to do that wouldn't really be good writing, as it's literally giving her new powers as the Plot demands. I'd rather that the result be something that has already been established in-universe, such as the excessive psychic energy thing.

It most definitely has to do with Team Xen. This means that if Lavender is Guilty, than she is affiliated with Team Xen.

It could just be Cosmia, but Lavender is now a suspect, and their isn't any real evidence to disprove it or prove it. This is all just speculation. But I feel that Lavender is a likely suspect.

Version 10 will either prove me right, or wrong. Or maybe 50% of both.

I did take that into consideration but it doesn't add up, we'll just have to wait and see

37 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Approximately 3 minutes 45 seconds and 58 milliseconds.

1 hour ago, Prowlcorp said:

Mmmm............2 minutes ಠ‿ಠ

Speedrun - Pokemon Rejuvenation V10 100% (3:45.058)