V13 - Savefile troubleshooting

Zumi

• Veterans

Are you stuck, and can't seem to fix it by reverting to an older savefile? Post your save here and someone may be able to fix it for you!

PLEASE ALWAYS TRY TO REVERT TO AN OLDER SAVE FIRST BEFORE POSTING YOUR SAVEFILE HERE.

"How do I revert to an older savefile?"- Instructions courtesy of Cass

Step 1: in the folder where you installed the game, there should be a shortcut called "Save Folder Shortcut". click on this; it'll bring you to the folder that contains all of your savefiles.

Step 2: you will see a lot of files in this folder. it is a mess. clean up this mess by clicking the "date modified" tab on the top. one of these files should say "game" on it. that is your current game. treasure it. but you want to load a backup. yeet that file to your desktop (or anywhere, really, just get it out of the folder.) upon having yeeted said file to your desktop, observe the other files. they should look something vaguely like this:

1263 - Cass - 151h 47m - 8 badges

if you cleaned up your mess, they should be sorted in order of when they were made. thus, if you want your most recent backup save, you'll want a save near where the original game file you ruthlessly yeeted was. take this file and rename it to "game".

Step 3: open rejuv. rejoice as the game automatically loads your backup save. you have done it. the universe applauds your success.

MAKE SURE TO REPORT THE BUG WHERE YOU GOT STUCK AS A MAJOR BUG IN THE BUG REPORTING FORM AFTERWARDS.

hey so ive been trying loading my save and previous versions of my save in gdc appartments problem is while the game works at first the moment i try to change screen size or when i close the game and come back the game crashes permanently until i delete the save and the error that is shown mentions an error in the save file i will post both here as well as the first uncorrupted file or wathever, so 3 files in total, thank you very much for your help.

errorlog.txt Game.rxdata Game - 2388 - Pedro - 134h 23m - 14 badges.rxdata

Hi, so i reported my bug, but essentially, the game won't let me give the soul stone to keta and won't let me get a new one because I already went through the process before. Also I was able to rechallenge venam and had to re-meet keta, but I just need help giving the stone to keta.

Game.rxdata

EDIT: Ignore this, yeah? I'm a fucking idiot, it's an engine issue because my laptop is bad. Adieu.

So, when loading up V13, the program launches without a hitch, and lets me do the basic doomie shakoomie in the title screen. However, when I load into the game, it crashes, shows the attached error message. This error displays in all three of the locations instructed in the original V13 post. The area's music starts playing, but the program terminates itself before I can actually play. I'm on Windows 7. It is nighttime, if that helps at all. I've completed V12 and can play it without any problems. Like, people told me V13 was harder than 12, but I didn't expect to not even get past save file select, yeah? Oh yeah almost forgot to mention that I've tried this both with the hotfix patch and without it, to no results. I've attached files in all 3 of the areas (I think).

Rejuv issue.PNG

Game - 607 - Enter - 85h 9m - 14 badges.rxdata Game.rxdata Game - 606 - Enter - 85h 8m - 14 badges.rxdata

Edited by EnterionSupreme

Upon exploring Erick's gym from a V12 updated story, I was put back at the beginning of V13's story. I've already gotten the gum badge from Saki, and I don't want to go through the story again. Can you put me at the end of the story and fix this continuity snarl?Game.rxdata

Hey, my problem is that after beating Ketas Spirit and watching the news with Aelita, we go to the Train. After the Train Ride Karrina talks with us and says to meet her outside, but after that dialogue the game shows an error message (something about String 20) and shuts down. I hope someone knows how to fix this, can´t play otherwise I think.
Thanks for reading!

Edit: I found many more People with the same problem.

Game.rxdata

Edited by Finnlocke

Similar to someone above, I have no means of progression past the Carnival of Hope. Super weirdly, leaving Erin's room, I was teleported into a cutscene regarding the Team Xen Admins where my character sprite was walking around in darkness, and at times I saw a clone of myself running around on a map I could barely see in the corner. After that, I spawned in Sheridan.

I took the train back to Grand Dream City and when I got back to Aelita and the others, I was teleported into the conversation upon entry, and from there I was told to go find the others in Grand Dream City, thus leading to the Carnival, and the lack of means of progression.

Game - 1028 - Clure - 138h 5m - 11 badges.rxdata

17 hours ago, Finnlocke said:

Hey, my problem is that after beating Ketas Spirit and watching the news with Aelita, we go to the Train. After the Train Ride Karrina talks with us and says to meet her outside, but after that dialogue the game shows an error message (something about String 20) and shuts down. I hope someone knows how to fix this, can´t play otherwise I think.
Thanks for reading!

Edit: I found many more People with the same problem.

Game.rxdata 222.27 kB · 0 downloads

The East-Gearen-City Illusion Map in Chapter 3 is the Root of the Problem, Some event makes the game Crash! But i don´t know which.

Edited by Finnlocke
I found the Problem, but cannot fix it

EDIT: I returned to a cave (the one to sheridan village i forget name) and went to v12 with debug mode on, didnt move, assigned myself running shoes, saved, and went back to v13, i ran run now! I don't know if this is a safe way to do it, but I did not move a inch ingame the only thing I did was give myself running shoes, so hopefully that wont break anything, if devs or anyone with know how reads this please let me know if that will be okay for my playthrough?

Hi I cannot "run" ingame, the toggle run button (s) and the spacebar don't work to make me run, no buttons will let me run, I am at Indriads mansion in chapter 3 and I need to run to get past the dusknoir but I cannot run which means I cannot outrun it making it impossible to progress in the game, can someone get my run buttons working?

I tried a bunch of different save files, including my first other save file of this playthrough, and I cannot run in any of them. I can run in other play throughs that are not this save file though.

Heres the error message I get when I open the ingame menu and select "controls" if this helps:

Exception: NoMethodError
Message: undefined method `index' for {"Left Mouse"=>1, "Right Mouse"=>2, "Backspace"=>8, "Tab"=>9, "Clear"=>12, "Enter"=>13, "Shift"=>16, "Ctrl"=>17, "Alt"=>18, "Pause"=>19, "Caps Lock"=>20, "Esc"=>27, "Space"=>32, "Page Up"=>33, "Page Down"=>34, "End"=>35, "Home"=>36, "Left"=>37, "Up"=>38, "Right"=>39, "Down"=>40, "Select"=>41, "Print"=>42, "Execute"=>43, "Print Screen"=>44, "Insert"=>45, "Delete"=>46, "Help"=>47, "0"=>48, "1"=>49, "2"=>50, "3"=>51, "4"=>52, "5"=>53, "6"=>54, "7"=>55, "8"=>56, "9"=>57, "A"=>65, "B"=>66, "C"=>67, "D"=>68, "E"=>69, "F"=>70, "G"=>71, "H"=>72, "I"=>73, "J"=>74, "K"=>75, "L"=>76, "M"=>77, "N"=>78, "O"=>79, "P"=>80, "Q"=>81, "R"=>82, "S"=>83, "T"=>84, "U"=>85, "V"=>86, "W"=>87, "X"=>88, "Y"=>89, "Z"=>90, "Numpad 0"=>96, "Numpad 1"=>97, "Numpad 2"=>98, "Numpad 3"=>99, "Numpad 4"=>100, "Numpad 5"=>101, "Numpad 6"=>102, "Numpad 7"=>103, "Numpad 8"=>104, "Numpad 9"=>105, "Multiply"=>106, "Add"=>107, "Separator"=>108, "Subtract"=>109, "Decimal"=>110, "Divide"=>111, "F1"=>112, "F2"=>113, "F3"=>114, "F4"=>115, "F5"=>116, "F6"=>117, "F7"=>118, "F8"=>119, "F9"=>120, "F10"=>121, "F11"=>122, "F12"=>123, "Num Lock"=>144, "Scroll Lock"=>145, ";:"=>186, "+"=>187, ","=>188, "-"=>189, "."=>190, "/?"=>191, "`~"=>192, "{"=>219, "|"=>226, "}"=>221, "'\""=>222, "AX"=>225}:Hash
PokemonControlsSet:189:in `getKeyName'
PokemonControlsSet:220:in `keyName'
PokemonControlsSet:271:in `drawItem'
SpriteWindow:3435:in `block in refresh'
SpriteWindow:3431:in `each'
SpriteWindow:3431:in `refresh'
SpriteWindow:3393:in `initialize'
PokemonControlsSet:237:in `initialize'
PokemonControlsSet:315:in `new'
PokemonControlsSet:315:in `pbStartScene'

Game_2.rxdata

Edited by Dado

I'm on the newest Chapter in the game, in Axis High University after I talk to Aelita in the cutscene where she shows you the posting of a missing person, the game shows me an error message and crashes. I can't progress currently.

image.png.e5e8987a4cef150527f9c51718dce5b1.png

This could be just something wrong on my end (I don't know what it is) since I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but I can't make any progress.

EDIT: I noticed talking to Aelita from the right is what crashed my game after the cutscene, so I talked to her from the left and I was able to continue playing.

Edited by SivallyFairyType
Resolved the issue on my own

When entering the West Gearen sewers, towards the beginning after you meet Volta and her group, Erick tells you to sneak towards the stairs but as soon as you hit the stairs and Volta comes out to distract the Garbodor it gets stuck on that screen and you cant do anything. 

Game_11 - 256 - Ten - 70h 10m - 8 badges.rxdata