Legends of Derry [Game over - Town & Tailor WIN]

NickCrash

i think nicki means the massclaim suggestion here

On 11/1/2019 at 12:20 AM, cicada said:

We could also go about massclaiming some roles, since the Coyote type role apparently receives a gun regardless of whether his guess is right or wrong.

According to its description, the Coyote most likely won't have to worry about guessing wrong (besides receiving a fake gun) so it's not like it won't just guess anyway.

Not saying it's a good idea and we should go for it, but it's something to think about.

on danger of looking sus i don't think it's a good idea there are other dangers to having open roleclaims that the coyote

It's true, but massclaiming could kill the game. If everyone claims, the monsters will have to fakeclaim. That will inevitably lead to counterclaims from the real townies. Then we kill all those who argue over the same roles, and it's gg.

• Global Mods

Well, the best case scenario is that the Coyote will eventually have to play Russian Roulette with his guns if he wants to stand a chance at winning. Worst case scenario is we'll lose someone, but he only has to shoot a fake gun once.

I'd be on board with finding Coyote, but Coyote's more screwed up right now having to guess player's role with a 1/17 chance of getting it right. Plus, it's a possibility that they can just not shoot the gun unless in dire need.

I currently don't have anything to add because the baddies aren't a group which makes them harder to diffentiate from townies and after 2 years of playing I still can't properly read people.

As for the plan of mass claiming, that's effective but boring. I suggest we save that as a last resort. Doesn't matter if this makes me look sus.

1 minute ago, Aldo said:

I'd be on board with finding Coyote, but Coyote's more screwed up right now having to guess player's role with a 1/17 chance of getting it right. Plus, it's a possibility that they can just not shoot the gun unless in dire need.

wouldn't agree that it's a 1/17 for the coyote, kiet's role was basically confirmed on the lynch yesterday but isn't officially revealed so coyote almost definetly guessed on kiet and got their gun, and depending on if the get to make the same guess on kiet again, might have guarantied guns for as long as kiet is around. and as he can only hold one... well... they will probably want to use it today unless it's an inactive player

Unvote Seal 

Thanks dude 

I’m actually gonna leave my hunt alone for the time being. Trusting that everybody has something to share and isn’t inactive. 

Also that’s actually busted if there isn’t a restriction on Coyote if they have a guaranteed gun on every visit.

Jailer would have to lock up Kiet throughout the nights to prevent any night actions targeting the revealed bulletproof. 

Or an alternative would be having the Stalker to stalk Kiet often to check whether for potentially finding the Coyote.

They can exposed themselves and their reports if they have found out the true culprit of coyote.

3 minutes ago, Falirion said:

wouldn't agree that it's a 1/17 for the coyote, kiet's role was basically confirmed on the lynch yesterday but isn't officially revealed so coyote almost definetly guessed on kiet and got their gun, and depending on if the get to make the same guess on kiet again, might have guarantied guns for as long as kiet is around. and as he can only hold one... well... they will probably want to use it today unless it's an inactive player

Ah. So with Kiet alive, we basically have an unlimited ammo Coyote, and even moreso with future claims... It's reassuring that they're not immortal, at least. Hunting down an immortal man would be a fun, but futile task.

(Digressing thought, no one has talked Jester-ly like today)

Honestly, since you all were down with this Coyote idea about massclaiming, I think none of you are the Coyote. I don't think Nicki is either, lest she'd not re-mention her idea of massclaiming when Kiet is alive (plus they could have gotten their gun from Nano)

That leaves...

Anti, Lykos, Drago, Arch, Bean, Newt, Bok, Candy, Lia, Amber and Sopheria as potential Coyotes. Still a great number to search in, nonetheless. But the odds are still fine as 1/11 > 1/17.

If there is no shot today, it'll be the safest to assume Coyote is fairly inactive, meaning it's reduced to guessing in Amber and Sopheria. 1/2. 1-posters more likely at least read the phase change and figured out Kiet was bulletproof. Amber and Sopheria more likely read nothing. How delightfully easy would that be, right!?

3 minutes ago, Anti-loser said:

Unvote Seal 

Thanks dude 

I’m actually gonna leave my hunt alone for the time being. Trusting that everybody has something to share and isn’t inactive. 

Also that’s actually busted if there isn’t a restriction on Coyote if they have a guaranteed gun on every visit.

Jailer would have to lock up Kiet throughout the nights to prevent any night actions targeting the revealed bulletproof. 

Or an alternative would be having the Stalker to stalk Kiet often to check whether for potentially finding the Coyote.

They can exposed themselves and their reports if they have found out the true culprit of coyote.

Anti's not Coyote or Serial Killer. Were he Coyote, those two suggestions would make his game a lot harder, and were he Serial Killer, he wouldn't suggest to stalk a player who's confirmed innocent. In fact, this makes me think he's town.

• Global Mods

The bigger threats are probably the Arsonist, Clown, Coyote, and Serial Killer. Obviously the Witch is kinda dangerous, but she isn't as terrifying as the ones I've listed.

I feel like the Arsonist could potentially kill almost everyone in one night if the game goes on long enough or their doused targets are the only people left when they ignite. The Coyote receives a gun regardless if his guess is wrong or not. That's not too frightening, but if he keeps guessing right then he'll wipe most of us out as he sees fit (he only needs to guess wrong once and use that fake gun and he's gone, unless we lynch him). Serial Killer is obvious, and we don't really know much about the Clown at all - which is why I feel it's okay to consider him a threat.

The other third party roles don't seem harmful. Obviously the Jester could be depending on who he takes down with him, but not as much of a threat as everyone else.

I don't agree with the Stalker plan, because it gives SK and Arsonist a free target. The Witch could also decide to mess with it. I think the Stalker could go ahead with most of the plan, but not out themselves. We do have the Doctor still, I think, but it's just too risky. This is enough to make me feel like AL isn't town, but until I'm certain then I won't place a definite vote on him.

well for the clown the main question is what exactly the crazyness entails that one gets when they visit him, the clowns role specifically mentions crazy people don't get to harm him, so i guess crazy people DO get to harm other people (or that is specifically only there incase the vig or the SK go crazy)
The SK: i would have loved to try to figure out who it might be based on their target, but that being astra, who claimed an information role... that doesn't tell us much, that claim was a huge target. even without it being specific.
The Arsonist targetted Alistair, maybe the regular players have an idea who it might be based on that?

The witch. can mess with actions quite a bit and if she gets the vig she kills 2 people for the price of one (provided she makes the vig shoot town)
The tailor and the Jester are pretty much only here to sow chaos, making us distrust flipped roles and trip over our lynch ideas, fearing me might be hitting someone that wants to be lynched (i know i read to much into kiet's crazy on day 1 and the fact that it was actually getting votes)

i am not sure on the stalker but yeah kiet might be somebody to watch for him that i can agree on.
While the Jailer looking kiet up would prevent coyote from using him to get guns, i feel like a roleblocker like that might have more important things to do, and gets to question people which could give valuable information even with his ability to kill being lost (seriously i know i voted against nano but his roleclaim felt genuine to me
and those were my ramblings on the evil roles and anti suggestion

Hey guys, been a wild ride so far, huh?

okay, so I see I am being suspected as the coyote. Considering I’m not the coyote, I’d say that Sopheria is the coyote. Of course, that’s just speculation based on what you guys all said.

Hopes that denying being the coyote doesn’t make everyone assume I am it and lynch me

Its hard to read people in this game because there is no real mafia. You can’t look for people who consistently vote together with enough frequency or support each other to find the scum. You can probably look at the people who are most actively trying to start witch hunts and lynchings.

I’m against the idea of mass claiming on the principle that it’s basically a game killer and has a large chance to descend into a bloody chaos with people fake claiming. I was going to suggest it honestly, but it looks like it was already discussed. 

Final question. Does the clown madness(cause y’all are talking about the clown) only do what it says in the role description, or is there extra bits? Cause I’m pretty sure that it benefits us for the clown to exist. Wait, sorry. It doesn’t benefit us, I read it wrong. I was thinking that because the if the serial killer gets the madness then it could slow down the rate of deaths.. but that doesn’t actually benefit us in any major way. My question is if voting counts as directly acting against the clown, which is banned by insane people. If that was the case, we could do mass vote shifts and deduce the clown by finding who can’t vote someone because of madness. Granted, I don’t think the madness works this way and the clown could easily lie and make us waste a lynch

I'm very sorry but i don't really know what to say on Day 1 and this happens in every game. So i try to do posts that aren't serious at all (I would use the word "troll" but i don't think it's the right word to describe them)

As for my contribution, i'm trying my best to share it but for now i don't really know which one to vote to be honest. My list on who i suspect to be a monster isn't ready yet and i prefer to wait a little bit and also i'm not so good at reading people so it takes more time to me. What i ask is to not vote another town, we already lost two of them. Also i believe Falirion is town like me and i think he isn't the Coyote that we are looking for, it's just a feeling but maybe it's the truth. 

That's what i have to say for now.

If I was checked before 24 hours was up and saw Kiet being lynched I would've switched off, but alas poor Kiet.

Also I don't know if somebody has pointed this out yet but if anyone has been cursed to please say anything asap so the psychiatrist can heal.
And once the psychiatrist heals, all the person needs to do is tell us who they visited. Clown down, the others to go. If somebody was cursed last night, we could potentially eliminate the clown by the end of the next day.
Of course this assumes the person cursed wasn't witched, and the curse isn't some invisible/unknown curse. 

My reads so far in people are not too confident right now partly because of the new peeps  so for the moment I'll stick to reading people I know.

I don't see much of a reason to accuse Amber of being the Coyote any more than most of the rest of us. Amber's defense and post rings towny for me.
Ali is kinda contributing but not contributing at the same time, and his vote on Lykos is kind of unexplained. I'll remind y'all that being doused by the arsonist doesn't mean innocence, but I'll go slight evil-lean for now. 
I feel like Lykos usually is more willing to share things, and he doesn't read like typical towny Lykos. Idk if I'm gonna vote him just because of that yet, but my eyes be on you O_O
Nicki feels pretty towny to me, nothing sticks out as super suspicious yet, except for maybe her mass-roleclaim suggestion.
Kiet I'm sowwy owo ily ❤️
Lia seems kinda suspicious to me too since I feel like she'd have more suggestions or ideas by now? Not sure though, so neutral lean at the moment. 
Bean is hard to read as usual smh
Drago and Seal I have a slight townlean on as a gut reason only tbh
Candy I don't have a solid read on at the moment, and Newt and Soph have been virtually non-existent.

For now my vote goes [Eliminate] Lykos
Change my mind Lykos 🙂

Looks like its the wonderful time in which I impart my knowledge upon everyone.

A few things that I've picked up on.

Fali seems, at least so far, to be providing a decent discussion as to discern the trail of a few of the evil roles. So far his posts give me a moderate townlean.

Ali seems so far to be making contributions, but he could very well just be trying to lead town in his favor so I'm on the fence with him.

Anti, as usual, has provided us with a interesting post. Granted, defensive seems to be his play-style so it's hard to say. If anything he was the first to suggest jailing or stalking Kiet if I have everything correct so he at least is trying to help the scum-hunt.

Nicki, Aldo, and Bok all provide us with useful suggestions, it's at least enough to give them a slight townlean.

And when it comes to reads, thats about all I got so far.

One more thing.

45 minutes ago, Bok Choi said:

Also I don't know if somebody has pointed this out yet but if anyone has been cursed to please say anything asap so the psychiatrist can heal.
And once the psychiatrist heals, all the person needs to do is tell us who they visited. Clown down, the others to go. If somebody was cursed last night, we could potentially eliminate the clown by the end of the next day.

We don't necessarily know the nature of the curse, or even if the affects are immediate (I mean I feel the clown would be kinda underpowered if everyone was told they visited the curse-giver). I do agree it would help once they are aware they are cursed to provide who they visited if we want to track down the clown, and ofc be cured by Mr. Psychiatrist.

Just cause someone comes with a basic idea of the Stalker or Jailer visiting/jailing me, doesn't mean they are innocent in any sort.

As for any of them visiting me. I don't think it would have an impact.

05. Willie E. Coyote
They may guess the role of a person. Each time they guess correctly, they receive a gun. Each time they guess wrong, they receive a fake gun. The fake gun kills the user.
The Coyote must discard the previous gun, if they get a new one. The guns can only be used during the day. They do not reveal the shooter.
Wins alone.

As you can see, the Coyote guesses the role of a person. It isn't considered as a visit. (At least that's what Nick told me)

So he would still get free guns from me without being able to get trailed or blocked.

And as i read through the posts. It seems like not everyone caught up, that i was the Bulletproof who survived the lynch. So that doesn't have to mean, that only the inactive people are prime candidates to be the Coyote.
Also a Coyote could have guessed right and played fairly active to scumhunt (not using his gun today) just to slip in with townreads. My guess is that one of the active people, who were talking about this Coyote scenario, is the actual Coyote.

As for the whole situation with Ali.
I don't know how much i can trust that. Either he is telling the truth and hopes to get more out of his role, before getting burned to crisp.

Or he is the Arsonist and tried to douse either one of the targets who died this night. And claims that he got doused himself to get towncredit.

INCIDENT

The townsfolk were discussing how to react with the deaths. After the initial shock and the expected accusations, they began to converse regarding the identity of the evils. Little did they know, that the strings were being pulled while they were fighting each other. After all, some people talk about what they'll do, whereas others decide to act.

Bok was walking around the people, minding his own business, deciding how to spend the night. He was giggling, seeing the chaos ensue before him, yet a little disappointed Kiet was trolling. He approached Kiet from behind, malice in his eye, flower in his hand. He was going to cast a "blessing" onto him. Before he could reach Kiet, a hooded figure slipped out from the closest alley. Wearing a long coat with a hood covering their face, they took a few steps. 

Bok knew he was being followed, and tried to turn around. The cold touch of a pistol on his back stopped him.

The hooded figure leaned closer and Bok looked over his shoulder, getting a glimpse at the hairy arm threatening him.

"Omae wa mou... Shindeiru"

"NANI?!

There were no screetching noises. Only a muffled gunshot.

The others heard it, and rushed to Bok's side. The hooded figure ran fast back into the alley, before anyone could see them. 

Bok was gushing blood from his mouth. The bullet was in his stomache, quickly drawing him into shock. He felt cold and weak.

As he was drawing his last breaths, Bok reached for Kiet, held his hand and closed his eyes. 

Kiet started crying. Turning his back to Bok's lifeless body, he took a look at what Bok left inside his hand. It was a red nose...

Okay there is the coyote shot... soo bok was the clown? not sure if the passing of the clown nose is supposed to signify something or is just a fancy way of reinforcing what role bok was, gonna guess the later for now.
So sophs "placeholder vote" for a dead person confuses me really
As for Kiets read on the coyote role, you are probably right I overlooked that the guess probably isn't a visit, so stalker and jailer definetly don't have too much to gain from visting kiet, and well i kinda assumed your role to be plainly obvious although i do that a lot assuming things i notice are easy to see, so i guess someone might not have noticed it. though given what just happened that seems to not be the case

Narration seems to suggest Bok was Clown. So that's cool ig. 

As for everyone else, I think Nicki, Fali and Aldo are town. I'm unsure about Lykos and Drago, I slightly suspect them but maybe not considering them a priority for now. Lykos in particular, feels genuine but he's also very good at appealing to people's empathy so nnngh idk.

[Unvote] Lykos

[Eliminate] Lía

Perish, monster >:[ 2: Electric Boogaloo