Legends of Derry [Game over - Town & Tailor WIN]

NickCrash

I doubt the fact that the Coyote can get infinite guns on a single person. I'm not keen on voting for Ali either because we can use our vote more efficiently if we find the right target, even if he would turn out to be non-town.

I'm just gonna do a placeholder/pressure vote [Eliminate] Newt

Placeholder: Eliminate Sophy

All I’m asking for is a satisfying initial thought surrounding Day 2 and hopefully I can paint the picture of everyone in this game. 

Feel like we’re getting closer on finding the evil peepos.

1 hour ago, cicada said:

I feel like it should be safer to lynch Kiet so that the Coyote can't use him for free kills.

However, what then? We lynch Kiet and the Coyote is still active. What if someone kills Newt and he's not Coyote? What happens then?

I don't mind voting for either Kiet or Newt based on the plan Kiet suggested, but you have to take into consideration that the Witch may swap Newt/Kiet with someone. Especially if the Witch is a troll. 

Alternatively, we could also lynch Ali. It's a bad move, but he did claim he was doused. Unless we manage to kill/lynch the Arsonist, there's no way he'll survive that. 

You do know that the Witch is not the Transporter.

So i don't really get what you are trying to say here.

The safer bet is to lynch me, but that leaves us with no real information gained for this dayphase. So i think it's more beneficial to lynch someone else.

If Newt flips town, i am almost certain Fali is the Coyote. Don't quote me on that.

• Global Mods
49 minutes ago, Falirion said:

i am pretty sure the witch controlls someones nightaction, aka for her to mess this up she would have to controll specifically the vig, which would be a problem

The Witch becomes a problem when she finds a Vigilante or any of the evil roles. I don't know if it's the same here, since it isn't exactly mentioned, but the ToS Witch learns the identity of her target. I'd hope it's not the case here because everyone would be screwed. I may have gotten a little bit confused with roles.

I did say voting for Ali was a bad idea, but if we have no other alternative then it might be a better choice. I'd love to see Newt in the game for a bit longer, but if we're deciding to lynch him based on Kiet's hypothesis, then I think it'll be for the best.

[eliminate] Newt.

great i am getting jester vibes again... but that lead me wrong last day too
even still maybe we should leave newt to the vig? but i don't really have anyone else in mind for a lynch (well outside of kiets self sacrifice-plan to mess the coyote up)
I am still vary of Lykos tbh. and soph is even quiter than newt... any thoughts?

A random vote is very much in Newt’s playstyle. He’s actually hard to read because he tries to maximize chaos as chaos incarnate. He’s like the Antitown.

I have something for the serial killer. If it turns out the coyote can get infinite guns from Kiet, I suggest you kill him. It would be a mutually beneficial brief partnership. Abstaining from doing this would of course benefit you, Mr. Killer, but if the coyote can get infinite guns off of kiet, then you will likely find yourself in the coyotes crosshairs and thus at a loss.

Hopefully the above post doesn’t make me sound too scummy, fellow peeps in the mafia chat— I mean what mafia chat, Derry doesn’t have a mafia? Right? I was just trying to help stem the coyote problem because it looks like newt is getting voted off. Also, last word for Mr. Killer: if Kiet is lynched, please target him again to make sure he is dead and waste a kill. Thank you. 

okay, so another thing. Arsonist victims cannot be undoused. I believe that if you are doused you should stay silent, because there is nothing we can do to fix that issue. The killing roles won’t target people who are doused because it is more efficient for them to let the arsonist take care of his own victims while they(the serial killer) can target undoused victims. If you claim to be doused, you are helping the killing roles effectively weed the town out faster.

Hmmm. I'm not really sure if I can say whether Newt is the jester or not. As Amber said, this very well seems to fit his play-style. A chaotic Newt is a healthy Newt.

On a similar note, I agree with Kiet's plan. Right now Coyote and Serial Killer are the most threatening roles. The Arsonist too to an extent. Inhibiting the first from taking action would be our safest play.

So now I'll place my vote on Newt and hope that we have everything together.

[Eliminate] Newt

well even more Votes on newt, It's probably to late to swing the vote to someone else. But his don't care attitude sets of all sorts of red flags...
[unvote] Newt
[Eliminate] Lykoshand

If the vote swings of Newt after all, i'd like the vigi to shot Newt just to be sure

Edited by Falirion
unvote was missing a "v"

It was already said before, but lynching Kiet or me would make zero sense. What good is it to deprive the Arsonist/Coyote of their kills if we do the job for them?

As for the Coyote, we only need them to fuck up once to be able to kill them. It should be largely doable before the end of the game. I'm more worried about never being able to identify them, rather than them getting a few correct guesses.

I'm fine with either Newt or Lykos dying tbh. Since apparently getting more than 1 vote on Lía isn't going to be a thing today, might as well pile on these two. If the victim happens to be Jester congrats to them, and we'll have to hope they drag another monster to the grave.

[Unvote] Lía

[Eliminate] Lykos (again)

DAY TWO - OVER

After a dramatic start, an unexpected shot, and an admittedly weird turn of events, the townsfolk have managed to work together.

They set aside their differences, and tried to pursue the evils, albeit without concrete evidence or remote knowledge of their deeds.

I pay them no mind, however, as they seem to know what they are doing.

I ought to encourage them, especially the newer members of the town, for trying.

And try they did. They lynched the kindest person amongst themselves. Maybe the evils are changing us in ways we never expected.

You can't condone, nor condemn. You might even find it hard to understand. After all, when there is no organized evil faction, anyone could be a foe.

Newt had been absent most of the day. He was at home drinking tea, watching his favorite TV show, occasionally looking at the paperwork waiting to be filled.

"Maybe I'll do those later. After all, I have people to talk to, places to be, drinks to be had".

His tools were still set beside the wall. The handcuffs, the ropes he used to grab horses and humans alike, the old gun, no longer functonal; all set aside.

Newt was an aloof sheriff. He always saw the best in everyone, and believed in them, even when they didn't believe in themselves.

He trusted all this was a misunderstanding of sorts, things that could be solved without violence. He even asked me to check himself (true story), in order not to offend anyone else by questioning them! He was against violence, and everyone knew it. 

Alas, the town thought otherwise. They deemed him suspicious. They even called him a jester, hours after an actual clown had perished. 

Newt's heart was broken into a million tiny crystal clear pieces. He could not take the shame. When the mob surrounded his house, torches blazing, he didn't answer their call. He never exited the door. The crowd stopped, thinking of the possibilities. Alistair was checking the windows. Anti was hiding behind Lia, expecting a shootout. He didn't show his fear too much. In fact, only Sopheria noticed, and touched his shoulder encouragingly. 
"We're doing the right thing 🙂 ", she said.

Falirion was the braver one to approach, turn the handle and check inside. He was expecting an ambush, a last minute fight.

What he saw was far from what he thought he'd see. Newt was there, facing him. Wearing a blue suit, his new well-polished shoes.

A table was overturned. The ropes from the wall a bit off. The floor was creaking, and the ceiling as well.

Falirion looked up to Newt, and saw him still smiling at him. His tie was undone a bit, but that didn't bother anyone. 

"Maybe now you'll watch over us", Falirion mumbled.

As he exited the house, he simply said that the case is closed. We're having no lynch today.

PLAYER LIST

01. Anti

02. Alistair

03. Jelly - Transporter [Killed N1]

04. Lykos

05. Drago

06. Aldo

07. Astra - Investigator [Killed N1]

08. Nicki

09. Nano - Sabbat [Killed N1]

10. Arch

11. Bean

12. Newt - Sheriff (Naive) [Lynched D2]

13. Falirion

14. Bok - Clown [Killed D2]
15. Kiet

16. Candy

17. Lia

18. Amber

19. Sopheria

20. Seal

21. Nightwolf [NPC] - Shaman [Story Kill]

It's right now NIGHT TWO. You have 30hours to send in your Night Actions. 

• Sad 6

DAY THREE - Western Troubles

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear... a lot.

The villagers had left Newt's body in his house, since Falirion never told them exactly what happened. I wanted to investigate myself, but as I passed through the front door, I noticed it was ajar. Somebody had already been there. I didn't dare take a look. "What was going on there was none of my business", I told myself, in an effort to rationalize my fear. The truth is, my legs were not going to move one step closer.

So I left.

I went towards the square, naively thinking I'd find anything bar death. There, I saw them.

Lykos on one  side of the square, Falirion on the other. It was a deathmatch.

Both were eyeing each other menacingly. They were emitting such a bloodlust, I could only hide behind a nearby barrel and watch in fear what was going to happen.

The two men were determined to blow the other's brains off. And that's what happened.

Fali shot first.

Hit Lykos on the shoulder.

Unfortunately for him, it was his non-dominant hand, and Lykos, using the stolen gun from Newt, shot back. He got Falirion in the throat. 

Fali couldn't breathe. One hand grabbing his throat, trying to stop the blood from gushing everywhere, the other stuck pointing at Lykos. He sat down in agony.

Lykos dropped down as well. He was holding his wound with the arm he could move, while Falirion was gasping for air. His windpipe had a hole in it, and the end was nigh.

The dog didn't look so damaged, but his pain prohibited him from moving. In terms of life threatening scenarios, he was a lower priority.

I ran to Falirion, trying to assist him. My days beside the doctor could come in handy. Alas, in moments his eyes turned white. He had lost consciousness, choking on his own blood, his body twiching and kicking uncontrollably. I could not save him. Failirion was already gone. Immediately I turned towards Lykos.

I was going to, but the way he looked at me, froze me, for the second time tonight. His face had an unearthly expression, a madness I could not comprehend.

He stood up, determined to finish the job up close. The gun was gone, and in his hands was his old trusty knife. He was even smiling.

As he reached a few meters away from us, a loud explosion could be heard. It was coming from behind Lykos, near the Jailor's house. The sky was filled with red and grey.

Lykos turned around, presumably in shock, but I think he was just admiring the spectacle.

Amidst the chaos, I picked Fali's gun and shot Lykos in the back.

The beast screamed in pain, and dropped to his knees. I got the opportunity and aimed at his head. This time he went down for good.

Not losing any more time, I approached the jailor's house. The blast had come from the inside. All that was left of the door were smithereens.

Peaking through the remnands of the door, all I saw was a carnival of death. Body parts everywhere. Blood spread on the walls. A floor covered with all sorts of bodily fluids and pieces of organs. Carefully treading through the mess, I tried to identify the body which remained most intact. 

Unexpectedly it was Kiet's. A face still recognizable, what he had for a brain, spread through the house. I suppose a few will be delighted he's gone. He still was one of us.

A second body was obviously Bean's. Although I couldn't recognize his face any more, there's only one person in the town who's wearing fleece instead of clothing. He had a suit on him, full of C4. That must be what caused all this mess.

You can't blame me for not staying longer in there, can you? 
It was too much for me, for one night.

A lot of you had quiet nights. Let's hope the following ones are actually quiet.

PLAYER LIST

01. Anti

02. Alistair

03. Jelly - Transporter [Killed N1]

04. Lykos - Serial Killer [Killed N2]

05. Drago

06. Aldo

07. Astra - Investigator [Killed N1]

08. Nicki

09. Nano - Sabbat [Killed N1]

10. Arch

11. Bean - Jailor [Killed N2]

12. Newt - Sheriff (Naive) [Lynched D2]

13. Falirion - Vigilante [Killed N2]

14. Bok - Clown [Killed D2]
15. Kiet - Bulletproof [Killed N2]

16. Candy

17. Lia

18. Amber

19. Sopheria

20. Seal

21. Nightwolf [NPC] - Shaman [Story Kill]

6 town, 5 evils remaining.

Remember, however. With this setup, no faction ever has the upper hand. 

It's as of now, Day Three. You have 55 hours to discuss and lynch one of you.

• Like 1

smh Bean and Blanket gamethrew again 🙃

I'm not dead, which means the Arsonist presumably doused someone else last night. Depending on how much of a gambler they are, it may be my last day phase.

On the other hand, we have nearly 50% chance of lynching scum regardless of who we choose. The evils also have a higher chance of hindering each other as the game progresses, so the situation is much less dire than it would be vs an organized mafia.

Words cannot express how messed up is our situation.

Forgive me for being amazed by it, but did Lykos and Falirion shoot each other? 😂

We've got to not change who we're lynching again. We almost got Lykos( I didn't) then Newt only had to appear for us to bandwagon him.

I think that whoever was doused by the Arsonist should speak. I have something in mind that'll possibly help us catch the arsonist. Maybe. But a maybe's still better than no.