Legends of Derry [Game over - Town & Tailor WIN]

NickCrash

Well at least one of the monsters is gone now, that's good. I don't really know how the Coyote knew that Bok was the clown btw.

I agree with Fali here, why Sophie placed a vote on a dead person? But i'm not going to vote her, i think she just did an innocent mistake.

I believe Nicki is town to be honest, but Bean voted her and also in the previous day Bean said that Kiet was mafia when instead he isn't, so i'm going to vote him for now. I know, i might be wrong about this but who knows maybe this time he's one the monsters.

[Eliminate] Chickens

Thanks coyote for stopping the clown in his tracks lol. I wouldn't have guessed Bok had an evil role, as I said yesterday it's incredibly easy for the baddies to pass as townies in this setup.

I guess I should share my reads, although I don't have much to say. All of the regular players seem genuinely involved in scumhunting like they would in any other game, and while in other circumstances I'd have a strong townlean on most (if not all) of them I don't think that's enough in this game. As for the newer players I have a townlean on Aldo, he seems quite involved and confident and I'd expect a newer player to not be so confident with an evil role even in a setup like this (although I don't think this should let him off the hook). Falirion seems a bit more awkward and nervous, but this could be because it's his first game. I'm personally going to still keep an eye on everyone except Kiet.
The only other person I'd single out is Amber, I like his response to the smol bandwagon on him and it feels townie to me even in this context (but again not enough to really let him off the hook).

24 minutes ago, Chickens said:

BOK IS NOT THE CLOWN

I CAN FEEL THE EVIL ENERGY STIL HERE

BOK'S NOSE IS RED BECAUSE BLANKET PUNCHED BOK IN THE FACE FOR LYNCHING HIM

Plotholes: A human nose is not casually given to other people, not easily removed by punching nor gunshot and were it bleeding the blood would be dripping under its nostrils, not over it.

Although there's a tiny chance you're right, with Tailor and all, most likely he's real. Tailor could give a suit meaning he would die as whatever role the suit was.

Not going to lie, if Bok is really Clown and went as unperceived as that, I fear for how well the others can do. Regardless, this will be a good place to get insight on. I'll be thankful their shot was on a hostile role after losing 3 villagers in one night.

Tbh taking what bean writes at face value leads to insanity, don't (but also don't ignore bean because of that either)
While there is a small chance for a tailor suit i somewhat doubt it, but it's something to keep in mind, for the coming days
In fact, just for the sake of it:
Nano is definetly what he flipped as, he was protected from other actions being jailed (which just to reitterate means the jailer can't execute anymore)
Astra, flipped as what they claimed, so i am pretty convinced thats correct too (or the tailor is a troll, but i don't see what that would do)
Jelly, could be possible, ig, same with bok
As for the dead clown, does the madness persist after the clown dies? if it does people who visited bok last night should probably say so (if they are allowed too anyway)
Lia i am always akward
Um.... i know i am currently voting for lykos too, but Newt care to explain you vote? Ali's vote for Lia too for that matter

1 hour ago, NickCrash said:

The hooded figure leaned closer and Bok looked over his shoulder, getting a glimpse at the hairy arm threatening him.

IT'S CANDY. ELIMINATE CANDY.

Okay but for real now. For this Coyote Kill to happen so late. It feels kinda weird.

It's either the Coyote got triggered by one of the latest messages, or it is someone who haven't said anything till now.

I rather think it's the latter. And the only possible candidate for that would have been Newt.

And for him to just state his vote without many context to it, makes it just worse.

[Unvote] Fali

[Eliminate] Newt

Wanna elaborate on that?

1 hour ago, Falirion said:

Ali's vote for Lia too for that matter

Just under the impression that she's been oddly passive so far. Leads me to believe she's hiding things.

For what it's worth, I was hesitating between her and Newt for my vote switch, so I wholeheartedly approve your choice.

Current vote count:

- Newt: 2 (Fali, Kiet)

- Nicki: 1 (Bean)

- Lykos: 1 (Newt)

- Jelly: 1 (Sopheria)

- Lía: 1 (Ali)

- Bean: 1 (Lykos)

That's derry scattered, which was predictable. To those who haven't voted yet, the players I'd like to see pressured the most atm are Newt, Lía and maybe Lykos. Make of that what you will.

3 hours ago, CrimsonDragon21 said:

IT'S CANDY. ELIMINATE CANDY.

Wtf I have hairy arm pits not hairy arms. R00d

Also, I AM HERE to help y'all. The coyote shot bad veggie Bok huh? I was reading how some peeps were saying that if coyote doesn't shoot, they're inactive and hence one of Amber or Sopheria. So my thought was that if coyote ISN'T one of those two, they'd try to frame them as coyote by NOT shooting today. But I guess coyote is an active member and didn't think it was worth making town go after Amber and Soph (maybe noteworthy that Soph is so out of the loop that she voted Jelly who is already ded). I think from the flavor text, Kiet was gonna do a die but Jelly saved him. Makes sense that serial killer would target the only confirmed town; however since we'll invariably increase Kiet's protection, I doubt they'll try killing him again.

That's all I've got for now, but I'll post again when I've taken care of work I should've done yesterday lol

2 hours ago, Alistair said:

Just under the impression that she's been oddly passive so far. Leads me to believe she's hiding things.

I just dont have a lot to act on, as I said I'm still thinking about how we should approach scumhunting in this game. I don't think we can do the usual thing because it's way too easy for evil roles to take the reins and shield themselves, since they don't have anything to lose from hunting other scum. And even though we are aware of that I know that if someone is the head figure leading the scum hunt we are not likely to lynch them. Besides, it's not a secret that I'm a bit tired of being always a suspect, so I have been trying to tone down my presence in the last few games.
I get why you're voting me and I'm not surprised in the slightest, I'll be surprised if I dont end up lynched or having to roleclaim at some point. Here's a question, though: what will you do if you manage to put the pressure you want on any of the people you mentioned? Will you push for a roleclaim? Or will you be satisfied with being told "I'm not one of the evil guys"? Because I don't know where you stand, but from my point of view none is particularly practical. 

1 minute ago, Walpurgis said:

what will you do if you manage to put the pressure you want on any of the people you mentioned? Will you push for a roleclaim? Or will you be satisfied with being told "I'm not one of the evil guys"? Because I don't know where you stand, but from my point of view none is particularly practical. 

I'll push for a roleclaim. If the person is scum, they'll have to lie, which means exposing themselves to a counterclaim. We kill both people who claim the same thing and that's one monster down.

If you have another strategy, I'm all ears.

tbh I find you more suspicious when you tone your presence down

7 minutes ago, Alistair said:

I'll push for a roleclaim. If the person is scum, they'll have to lie, which means exposing themselves to a counterclaim. We kill both people who claim the same thing and that's one monster down.

Well personally I don't think that would help town.

1. Everyone role claims. Pairs of town and liar identified.

2. Coyote gets unlimited amounts of real guns, and will use them on townies without a liar.

3. Serial killer kills townies that don't have a pair, so that we do the job for him/her to kill potentially two people.

4. Jailer can't kill anymore.

5. Vigilante will kill people in the pairs together with us.

So I don't think it's a good idea but maybe I'm missing something 

I'm not a fan of giving the coyote endless guns and more options to pick them from, with three deaths on our side and four killing roles in total this game will have ended in two phases if we arent careful. Not only that, if you actually corner a monster they are likely to claim an important role, and if they do thats a death sentence for the person that has to counterclaim.

That's fair, but you all will get used to it after a few games

This is probably not going to be a super popular move but my reasons should be obvious.

[Eliminate] Kiet

46 minutes ago, Candy said:

I think from the flavor text, Kiet was gonna do a die but Jelly saved him. Makes sense that serial killer would target the only confirmed town; however since we'll invariably increase Kiet's protection, I doubt they'll try killing him again. 

No you got it wrong. It was flavour text.

On 11/2/2019 at 4:42 PM, CrimsonDragon21 said:

No. That is totally wrong. It's mostly flavour posts.
If you follow the narrative from those 2 phasechanges, you see that everyone dispersed before i stood up again. And as the narrator saw blood, he thought my body was carried over there.

Why would Nick give out Information what the Transporter would do.

That was my take on how you should interpret Nick's phasechange.

As for i remembered someone saying something with hairy, but i forgot about what exactly it was and who it was.

33 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

I'm not a fan of giving the coyote endless guns and more options to pick them from, with three deaths on our side and four killing roles in total this game will have ended in two phases if we arent careful. Not only that, if you actually corner a monster they are likely to claim an important role, and if they do thats a death sentence for the person that has to counterclaim.

That's fair, but you all will get used to it after a few games

This is probably not going to be a super popular move but my reasons should be obvious.

[Eliminate] Kiet

Jeah i also suggested, that it might be for good to get me lynched.
But i was hoping that the coyote might be one of the inactive players and didn't pull the trigger.

As for what i stated in a previous post, I get the feeling Newt might be the Coyote.

So therefore i am voting him off.
If he flips Town, the Vigilante should shoot me the coming Nightphase.
If he flips Coyote, you don't have to kill me and we are down another foe.

• Global Mods

I feel like it should be safer to lynch Kiet so that the Coyote can't use him for free kills.

However, what then? We lynch Kiet and the Coyote is still active. What if someone kills Newt and he's not Coyote? What happens then?

I don't mind voting for either Kiet or Newt based on the plan Kiet suggested, but you have to take into consideration that the Witch may swap Newt/Kiet with someone. Especially if the Witch is a troll.

Alternatively, we could also lynch Ali. It's a bad move, but he did claim he was doused. Unless we manage to kill/lynch the Arsonist, there's no way he'll survive that.

I mean i guess killing kiet is a way to stop the coyote from getting free guns, but i feel like we should lynch somebody suspicious and not a confirmed town, and if the coyote the is still around at the end of the day the Vig can sort it out (unless of course they have a better idea)

4 minutes ago, cicada said:

I feel like it should be safer to lynch Kiet so that the Coyote can't use him for free kills.

However, what then? We lynch Kiet and the Coyote is still active. What if someone kills Newt and he's not Coyote? What happens then?

I don't mind voting for either Kiet or Newt based on the plan Kiet suggested, but you have to take into consideration that the Witch may swap Newt/Kiet with someone. Especially if the Witch is a troll.

Alternatively, we could also lynch Ali. It's a bad move, but he did claim he was doused. Unless we manage to kill/lynch the Arsonist, there's no way he'll survive that.

i am pretty sure the witch controlls someones nightaction, aka for her to mess this up she would have to controll specifically the vig, which would be a problem (and most likely a dead vig) either way
as for lynching ali that doesn't seem like it would help, getting rid of kiet slows deaths down in the long run as the coyote has a harder time getting guns, but lynching somone for being doused sounds like a waste of a lynch better used to try find scum, especially since the arsonist probably will douse a few more before setting it off (that just seems more efficient to me)

2 minutes ago, cicada said:

Well, there's also a chance someone would claim later to avoid getting lynched so defeating the Coyote is perhaps the only way to stop from getting guns. Thinking our only ability to lynch would be a waste considering we're consciously lynching a villager.

Newt be sheepy sheepy, so I'll be votey votey. [Eliminate] Newt

Actually adding onto my musings, do we KNOW the coyote can get another working gun from kiet again? we know they can guess someone and shot whoever they want, but can they even repeat guesses? (probably yes as it doesn't say otherwise but just a thought)