Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Global Mods
14 minutes ago, ehuehuehuehue said:

I only was able to get the two ones depending on who you choose to battle. Am I missing something painfully obvious or do you have to a sidequest/get a specific item before that event?

For the one where you battle Shiv, there are two different results depending on who you gave the stone to. If you gave it to Shiv, he'll thank you after the battle for clearing his mind. If you gave it to Nova, he'll be angry at you and think you're trying to sabotage him every change you get.

For the secret ending:

There's a locked room in the archive you need a key for. This contains one of Aurora's diary entries. Then during the Shiv/Aurora split, choose to forgive Nova and battle Aurora. In Aurora's portal, choose "She saved Shiv's life".

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, espeon860 said:

Where is the key for the locked room?

You have to have done a sidequest for someone first, and then return to them BEFORE heading off to the archives when it's time for you to go there. If you're already in there, you're already past the point of no return.

(You also have to ignore the advice that several other people tell you, when you discover that it's time to head to the library. That should be enough of a hint as to who that someone is. At the same time though, THAT is also the point of no return for being able to do the sidequest in the first place.)

Edited by Alilatias

Spoiler

So after updating the game and going back in, i went exploring and went to the sewers and then Garret(i believe he is called like that) showed up with an interaction suggesting that we had met before.

I didnt pay much attention to it and continued playing the game.After i was done with Siv and his sister, i went to challenge the pink haired gym leader(sorry, im not good with names), and she told me to go and meet a guy named Garret who happens to be a gym leader.Note that i had done pretty much all th sidequests he wanted me to do(at least i think so) and when i went and met him he asked me to take down Lieutenant ,which i already have and then he disappeared and now i cant find him anywhere.Something like that had happend to me some time ago as well with Connor and the bomb at the ship wile i was exploring,but i just restarted the game because it was only in the begging something that i would rather avoid now.So,is there anyone that can unstuck me?

TL;DR edition:a bug with Garret is preventing me from continuing the game.Can somebody unstuck me?

The detailed version of my problem is under Spoiler for you know...possible spoilers

Here is the save file.

Game.rxdata

Edit:Turns out soft reseting the game unstucked me and Rosetta accepted my chalenge afterwards

Edited by Pozyher

After getting our fifth badge(or fourth depending on how you see it),the level cap didnt increase, however my pokemon are mid 60's and they still obey me.

Will that be carried on in the next release or should i stock up on common candies?

Just gonna point this out....

PSA: The 5th badge actually raises the level cap to 65. Caz f***ed up and forgot to put 65 on the square next to the 5th badge.

07e44b15a3fc468aad0a93a058f15255.png

Tested this ingame, and my Gardevoir started disobeying on level 66.

Edited by Revolver

• Developers
1 hour ago, Revolver said:

Just gonna point this out....

PSA: The 5th badge actually raises the level cap to 65. Caz f***ed up and forgot to put 65 on the square next to the 5th badge.

07e44b15a3fc468aad0a93a058f15255.png

Tested this ingame, and my Gardevoir started disobeying on level 66.

Nah. That's just how I set out the menu. The number indicates what level they will obey you till before you get that badge. Obviously people are getting confused so I may have to change it.

The current cap after beating Rosetta, 65, may not actually stick. Come Episode 5, it may perhaps even be 70. I don't know yet because I haven't made Episode 5.

Edited by Caz

Spoiler

I missed the secret ending completely, and I realized this too late(already completed EV training when I do.) Will this secret ending(and saving Scarlett) hugely affect the game's story future?

• Developers
44 minutes ago, Revolver said:
  Hide contents

I missed the secret ending completely, and I realized this too late(already completed EV training when I do.) Will this secret ending(and saving Scarlett) hugely affect the game's story future?

Asking if character deaths will impact the story's future is like asking if Ricegum has a ghost writer. Yes, MC deaths will be hugely impacting.

21 minutes ago, Caz said:

Reveal hidden contents

Asking if character deaths will impact the story's future is like asking if Ricegum has a ghost writer. Yes, MC deaths will be hugely impacting.

Ugh. You make me want to restart the game and edit the mons in my party so that I started off with my current team but lv5s and base forms, and pretend it's a 'New Game+', because f*ck it, I hate it when I missed a big branching event and I realized that I did way too late.

Spoiler

Scarlett still have to die tho. Idunlikeher.

3 hours ago, Caz said:

Hide contents

Feelsbadman time to replay the game for secret end

Spoiler

Is it normal that i only find 4sludge fragments? I can't find the last one i've been looking for it for hours

Edited by superbutt199

• Global Mods
4 minutes ago, superbutt199 said:
  Hide contents

Is it normal that i only find 4sludge fragments? I can't find the last one i've been looking for it for hours

One of them is beneath an entrance in the northwest of Central that you need a key to enter. There's also a Squirtle down there you can catch. I forget where the key is, though. 

6 minutes ago, superbutt199 said:
  Hide contents

Same here.My guess is that we have to find a key to enter the sewers from a different ladder

5th sludge fragment location

Spoiler

You go near the temple of arceus in celia center. Right to the temple you can see a sewer entrance go in and get the key there then go all the way to the upperleft corner of celie center. There is another sewer entrance. Use key and you have the 5th sludge fragment and a pokemon.

Spoiler

In the ending part -outro- it says in red ''This is the world you created, you wanted ...'' Does that have to do with your reputation with Shiv or is it meant to be that way?

Also thanks Caz for this amazing, yet also full of suspense game. Its like watching a movie which makes it much more thrilling to play. Really sad you are leaving but none can blame you. Finally good luck in your life mate, hope everything turns out alright for you! 

Peace

32 minutes ago, trailblazer77 said:
  Hide contents

In the ending part -outro- it says in red ''This is the world you created, you wanted ...'' Does that have to do with your reputation with Shiv or is it meant to be that way?

Also thanks Caz for this amazing, yet also full of suspense game. Its like watching a movie which makes it much more thrilling to play. Really sad you are leaving but none can blame you. Finally good luck in your life mate, hope everything turns out alright for you! 

Peace

My personal theory regarding what the ending implies.

Spoiler

Remember how back in the Weeping Depths, Nova and Shiv had you infiltrate Shiv's memories in order to get the stone? What if the same is actually happening to the player character? The topic of actually finding the stone outside of Shiv's dreams was never actually an option, which implies there may be a second copy out there (that was possibly destroyed) or Shiv hid it in his memories himself, but the way Shiv talked about it implies that he didn't do the latter. Thing is, if the player character is indeed dreaming, and the world of Desolation is actually a realm of dreams constructed unknowingly by the player character, then the player character may actually be reliving events from the 'real world' - just with slight alterations, the ending cutscene implies that Ava, Connor, and Baron were typical trope embellishments that didn't exist before.

What I'm saying is, the player wouldn't have known where the stone was in the 'real world', other than that Shiv had it. So why not construct a scenario in the dream world where Shiv magically conjures it out of his memories? It might actually be exactly what the player character is doing in the 'real world' - they could have somehow come into possession of the stone. One thing led to another, with the stone causing the player character to fall into a deep sleep and construct a world within the player's memories to hide in. The stone would have no special observable powers within that dream world itself - because its power is MAINTAINING it in the first place. Does the dream world have a deeper purpose? Perhaps, but we don't know enough to even begin to speculate.

Also note that possibly 'real world Aurora' isn't the only person that was talking to the player character as they slept. After the whole showdown between Nova/Shiv/Aurora, there was obviously someone else, someone far more encouraging, telling the player 'to keep holding onto their dream for a while longer'. Though it's not known exactly who this person is, although my theory is that it's probably Shiv.

Edited by Alilatias
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ShadowStar said:

Reveal hidden contents

How exactly do you get the Key for the Archives? I'm gonna try for the Secret Ending now that I've done the Pro-Shiv, Fight-Aurora ending.

Spoiler

you have to finish the police quest and go talk to rosetta leader after you've finished it if you didn't do this and moved with story you won't be able to get the key. then when garret tells you not to talk to rosetta go and talk to her

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Njab said:
  Reveal hidden contents

you have to finish the police quest and go talk to rosetta leader after you've finished it if you didn't do this and moved with story you won't be able to get the key. then when garret tells you not to talk to rosetta go and talk to her

WOW I'M SO DUMB LMAO

Thanks for the Tip! ;)

~~Thank goodness for Back-Ups!~~

I'll leave my thoughts on this Episode later