Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

2 hours ago, Refty365 said:

I've got to say, the music choices for this game are phenomenal.

Are the Soundcloud references available/named? If not, could they be (specifically asking for the gym leader, shiv, hardy, crescent grunt, and ace grunt)?

Gonna say now, you're going to be asking for more music sources soon. :D

Even though Desolation was put on hold for about 6-8 months... Caz came out of it as a much better writer and scenario designer. You all are in for a hell of a ride. If you thought Episode 3 was intense, ya'll haven't seen anything yet.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Alilatias said:

Even though Desolation was put on hold for about 6-8 months... Caz came out of it as a much better writer and scenario designer. You all are in for a hell of a ride. If you thought Episode 3 was intense, ya'll haven't seen anything yet.

Awesome I can't wait to play the hell out of episode 4 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Alilatias said:

I look forward to it

On 30-4-2016 at 3:33 AM, FairFamily said:

MAJOR SPOILER HERE!! So do open at your own discretion.

Hide contents

Caz, you glorious bastard, I don't know if I should hug you or kill you for that ending. That list line made a wreck: I'm shivering and I don't think I'm going to sleep well anytime soon. I don't think mindfucked is a good description, since I had a strong suspicion he was a ghost. But this, this I can't even comprehend. So yeah congratulations for adding a whole new incomprehensible experience in my gaming life. Believe me, very few games have added a whole new experience to it, you're the first to make it incomprehensible.

10 hours ago, Alilatias said:

Welp, time to die of a heart attack.

1 hour ago, Lucky1998 said:

Notices Deino is in the obtainable list.........

Um... WHAT???

I'm going to spend a year trying to find this, aren't I

If you think that's surprising, you should see the new TM list.

Desolation teams are likely to end up FAR stronger than Reborn and Rejuvenation teams at this point. Caz has been very kind with the new Pokemon selection and items given out in this chapter for some reason. Then again, the VERY frequent major story battles resulting in teams ramming straight into the level cap if you don't raise reserve Pokemon might have something to do with that. This is actually a very good game to experiment with using Pokemon you've never tried using before.

Edited by Alilatias

• Developers
9 minutes ago, IntSys said:

Is it just me or the Mega download is broken?

I understand some people can't get Mega working - I'm going to upload to Mediafire as soon as my Internet is working. New Zealand Internet problems.

So I just the beat episode 4 and I must say it was pretty nice experience, but sadly it was too short. And of course ending like always true cliffhanger. I didn;t found and saw any bugs so far. Idea to give our hero ownership of manor was brillant. So good job creator, 10 out 10~!~. 

I'm about 3/4 of the way through I feel like. Had to stop playing so I can savor the game a bit. Anyways the only Bug well not even a bug, just a minor error. All the credit shops in the Centers in Cellia all say welcome to the Blackview credit shop. Also you can buy Tyrunt for 13 credits at the dock, while the little guy costs 25 credits everywhere else.

Edited by Enigma Shot U

10 hours ago, Caz said:

Pokemon Desolation Episode 4

The wait is, at last, finally over.

Yeah, I took a really, really long time to complete this work. I wanted to make sure that it felt right, and every concept I designed just seemed... wrong. That is, until about a month ago when everything started to fall together nicely. Oh well, what does it matter. Episode 4 is finally out! Before you update, do not be inside the Silver Rise. Apart from that, feel free to get right into it.

c1s3Ofl.pngMUuMDza.pnguDs36bx.png

Episode 4 will have you leave the company of your friends and will throw you into the mystery of Shiv and his sister, Aurora, with Cellia City as the backdrop. You will come to find that Cellia City isn't as beautiful and welcoming as it was made out to be. Upon solving the mystery, you may be left with more questions than answers...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 4.0.1 - Blood Bound
-Download Link-
Version 4.0.1, 01/02/2017
Please report bugs via PM. A user here, Njab, can now be approached for simple save fixes and such. I'd really appreciate that people make the most of this as it will take a fair amount of weight off my shoulders.
5 Badges are available as of this release.

------------------------------

Mega

Mediafire (coming soon when my internet stops committing suicide)

------------------------------

As usual, whatever bugs you find - please post them here. Before you do so, check the "Known Bugs" tab on the first page of this thread. It will greatly reduce clutter. Also, a lovely user here, Njab, is your number one candidate for fixing saves - this allows me more time to fix bugs so we can get 4.1 out smoothly.

Of course, feel free to leave your thoughts and theories in this thread!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Testers

A big thank you has got to go to the beta testers - they worked extremely hard to find and help me eliminate bugs quickly. Without them, you would enjoy a much more... well... strange experience. Here they are, in all their testing glory:

Reveal hidden contents

Tempo17
Alilatias
BIGJRA
HUEnd
DarkChampionAkihito
ItsClint
Ard
guidy
Kim
HYCROX
Simon

I also need to give a huge thank you to some of the artists on this forum - Most importantly, Dypatome and Arkiel. Without the help of these two talented spriters, Episode 4 would have taken even longer to be released. They are the real MVP's. In fact, they've been especially key in helping me finish a project...

Three New Player Characters

You asked for it, and finally with the help of Pearl, Dypatome, Arkiel and myself, of course, there are finally new main characters that are exclusive to Desolation! Without further ado, here they are:

xoIFNkE.png

Daisy

Reveal hidden contents

Ap31Uuv.png

47SKtk5.pngsCtUQQR.png

FgrmwoC.png

Diego

Reveal hidden contents

nYcga5R.png

ndjCPim.png2KeLYJm.png

GZWP9yL.png

Denise

Reveal hidden contents

ecBAUBn.png

1UlqddW.png Jxkeck3.png

Like any of these new characters, but you didn't chose them originally? No worries - you can change your playable character for free in Cellia Central! I'm pretty happy with these new characters, I hope you are too!

I hate to be a bit of a buzzkill (or not, maybe this'll make some sadists happy), but following the release of the final version of Episode 4 (4.1) I will be leaving the forums again. I love Desolation and I love delivering this story to you guys, so I swear I will try as hard as I can to keep delivering - it just might be few and far in between. Until then, however, I hope you enjoy my work and I hope I can keep surprising you!

Caz out.

Wow! :D Thanks for the hard work Caz! :D Finally, a female, male, and non-binary protagonist! :D  I really look forward to playing this! :D Thanks Caz! :D