Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

9 hours ago, Ragnor said:

What pokemon should I use to defeat Aderyn? Where can I find them?

You have a couple options. You can get Elekid, or an Aron. Slowpoke is pretty good too, can take a good amount of hits then heal itself with Slack off.

1 hour ago, Ragnor said:

I've got a couple of other questions:

1. What happens if you choose Nova over Shiv?

2. How do you defeat Tristan?

1. As of episode 3, the only change for choosing Nova is that she shows up in a cutscene later on instead of Shiv.

2. You'll need to teambuild and level mate. I reccomend a ghost type to counter the Exploud's Boomburst along with a fighting type or two for good coverage. In my case, I used Iron Fist Pancham and found success with brick break.

As for 3, I'm not sure as I don't really hunt for Pokemon. Someone else's help would be great for this one.

Edit: @ICSW, I should probably play through the game and choose Shiv then, just to see the differences.

Edited by Dypatome

• Global Mods
59 minutes ago, Dypatome said:

1. As of episode 3, the only change for choosing Nova is that she shows up in a cutscene later on instead of Shiv.

If you choose Nova, you get a rep point with Nova and lose one with Shiv, and vice versa if you pick Shiv. If you pick Shiv you get a rep point with Ava, and you lose one with Ava if you pick Nova. If you pick Nova, Shiv doesn't jump on to the Moltres but if you pick Shiv, he does. And of course dialogue differences with Shiv and Nova depending on which you picked. 

• Developers
44 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

If you choose Nova, you get a rep point with Nova and lose one with Shiv, and vice versa if you pick Shiv. If you pick Shiv you get a rep point with Ava, and you lose one with Ava if you pick Nova. If you pick Nova, Shiv doesn't jump on to the Moltres but if you pick Shiv, he does. And of course dialogue differences with Shiv and Nova depending on which you picked. 

Consequences of that decision are pretty minor immediately, but will come into play more later, especially in Episode 4.

• Upvote 1

By the way, Caz, Who made the Zinnia Remix in the game? The one that plays when you fight a Gym leader?

On 7/23/2015 at 4:52 PM, BIGJRA said:

I'm about to fight Connor, and so far I'm loving this game! Keep up the good work!

Beware! Connor is extremely skilled with an axe! And make sure you don't name yourself Charles Lee.

Sorry, Bad Joke.

Edited by ShadeStrider

• Developers
12 hours ago, Rsizzlefoshizzle said:

I see that you edited the first page. So will there be an announcement on when 4.0 is live, or is there a set date in mind? I'm sorry, me and my buds are itching to get into this game @_@

Within a week. 

• Upvote 1

There is one thing I should mention that was observed throughout the course of testing.

The trend of leveling up reserve Pokemon to avoid having to spam common candies is going to continue in this chapter. If you run into any new Pokemon in this chapter that you find interesting, it'd be a good idea to raise them. And there's a lot of new interesting Pokemon in this chapter...

• Upvote 1

Alright, so I just started playing this and wanted to give my opinion. I'm currently at the second gym leader so I'll only give my opinion on the content up to that point.

I'll start by saying that I really like the game so far, mainly because of the story. I'll name some actual examples so it's clearer.

I like the moment when you discover the bomb. The sudden change in music really gives the feeling of urgency and something bad happening. The only thing that upset me is that we left the sylveon below decks behind... Just kidding! It didn't really upset me, but it is sad for the sylveon. Maybe remove it after you've found the bomb? Or maybe you could do something with that sylveon later on in the story somehow? Personally I'd like that, such a small detail coming back later in the story. But it's up to you.

One thing: after we find the bomb we have to go to a certain spot on the deck. I talked with all the people there and two said the same thing as before the bomb. Considering the current situation, it's a bit weird. Here's what they said:

1: im so excited. The captain said we'd arrive soon.

2: Did you know that the ayrith region has six seperate islands which are all entirely unique? Also, each island is ruled by, some are nice, others... not so much. Dont worry though, this ship is going to cellia city. Its really warm and everyone is so nice there!

Just a small thing you might want to change.

Alright, after that. First of all I really like the fact that you can choose an alternative starter pokemon. It's a bit different form other games and that makes it interesting. But I am curious as to what happens to the pokeballs you leave behind? Maybe you can use that later in the story? Like, you encounter the people those pokemon originally belonged to? (if they survived, that is...).

Also, Connor's character. At the beginning he's a jerk, but as the story proceeds you find out he's not so bad after all. In my opinion this makes him a well created character because he's not perfect, he's 'flawed'. And it gives a bit of character development. Also, love the tiny hints that he's afraid of the dark. Maybe you can let that come back later in the story? You also give a good explenation as to why he has a 'weaker' team. Just one sentence and it's explained.

A couple of smaller points:

I think the fire animation when you talk with Connor also looks nice.

There's also some dialogue that doesn't fit in with the current intro, but I think that's been said already?

When I evolved my flabebe at level 19, it's level dropped back to 16? Not a huge problem, but I thought I'd mention it.

Also, the ring where you fight Kuiki? There are some of the old sprites of the villagers left.

And after the first gym, when Ava catches up to you? She gives a nice hint about you going back to Connor and Scarlett. I thought I'd try it out and there was actually a point to it!

In the mountain, I think it's the first battle, there's a small typo. He says: just because you bet me. (has to be beat).

And whenever I encounter a scatterbug there's no sound, no pokemon 'cry'?

And I read somewhere that we could give potential ideas for the game? I've got one:

Maybe you can use a pokemon's 'power' at some point in the story? A power that's mentioned in the pokedex? Here's two examples:

- Beheeyem: it's pokedex entry says: it can manipulate an opponents memory. Maybe have someone use a beheeyem to change of wipe someone's memory?

- Gothitelle: it's pokedex entry says: when it learns its trainers life span, it cries in sadness. Use that to foreshadow a death?

And you might want to use cresselia at some point? Because the theme has a lot to do with dreams and so does that pokemon?

But it's up to you if you want to use it!

• Developers

I've updated the obtainable list and changelog etc to Episode 4. Ferroseed isn't in Episode 3.

Level cap is 60.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KmK said:

You also give a good explenation as to why he has a 'weaker' team. Just one sentence and it's explained.

Actually I believe at some point Connor says he was simple training those weaker pokemon. It's not his real team cause he tells you that he will battle you again once he gets his real team back.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Atlas105 said:

Actually I believe at some point Connor says he was simple training those weaker pokemon. It's not his real team cause he tells you that he will battle you again once he gets his real team back.

Actually, that's what I meant as well. I just worded it poorly. But thanks for clarifying anyway :) 

1 hour ago, Sr.F said:

I have a question: What is the Level Cap in Episode 4

Hide contents

after what happened at the end of Episode 3? At first I thought it would be Level 55, but now I have doubts.

The level cap is actually re-adjusted to 60 in Episode 4 instead of the original 55.

Obviously the episode is loaded with tons of content to justify that. Not as much as the massive content bomb that was Episode 3, but more than enough to force you to use a ton of common candies if you don't redirect all of that extra EXP to reserve Pokemon for future use.

There are a great many plot important battles in this chapter, though. Bring your A-team if you sense a major battle coming up.

Edited by Alilatias
  • Upvote 2

I've got to say, the music choices for this game are phenomenal.

Are the Soundcloud references available/named? If not, could they be (specifically asking for the gym leader, shiv, hardy, crescent grunt, and ace grunt)?

• Upvote 2