Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Hey Caz, does version 4 have revamped maps/story/mechanics from the ones seen in version 3? I ask because I have to finish the current version, but if that is the case, I would wait for version 4 and restart. In summary, would you say it is recomendable to start over when version 4 is out?

• Developers
39 minutes ago, Elios said:

Hey Caz, does version 4 have revamped maps/story/mechanics from the ones seen in version 3? I ask because I have to finish the current version, but if that is the case, I would wait for version 4 and restart. In summary, would you say it is recomendable to start over when version 4 is out?

Nope. I felt there wasn't much to change really except some minor things that irked me. There will be no benefits of restarting, unless you simply want to play it again.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Caz said:

Nope. I felt there wasn't much to change really except some minor things that irked me. There will be no benefits of restarting, unless you simply want to play it again.

I see. It is good to know it :)

Edited by Elios

• Developers

Big announcement should be coming up tomorrow guys. I was gonna put it up tonight but I realized I wanted to record some stuff to show too. There's a heap to talk about with you guys - especially regarding the obscure future of Desolation - and I intend on answering pretty much all of your questions after the announcement.

• Upvote 1

I have three theories on what that announcement can be:

1- Gen 7 pokemon being put in the game

2- A release date for next episode

3- Desolation getting its own separate section like Rejuvenation in the fangame exposé.

Also, can't wait for the new ep.

1 hour ago, Lord C said:

I have three theories on what that announcement can be:

1- Gen 7 pokemon being put in the game

2- A release date for next episode

3- Desolation getting its own separate section like Rejuvenation in the fangame exposé.

Also, can't wait for the new ep.

why not all of the above?

What? The new title music doesn't scare me. Why would you think that?

But anyway; thanks for the update in regards to everything. I'm really excited to see what you've come up with this time.

It's hard to hear that you won't be here in a year, but we'll support your decision, right guys? I feel like I should say more about this, but I don't have anything else to say as of now. Best of luck with everything!

Glad to see the development coming along greatly. Also don't sweat about the absence thing, a lot of people will understand it. We will be sure to keep this thread alive and well for the year. So don't worry about it. I look forward to episode 4 :) 

This... is too much. In a good way. I really look forward for this. 

Good luck with your studies, I hope they go smoothly (unlike mine).

About YouTube...  I really think you should be very humble about it. Maybe even  do not put a pokemon tag on the video... so that you avoid too much attention. 

Edited by DemICE

Hahahaha :D Using the theme of Master Mirror himself. Hearts of Stone and especially Gaunter O'Dimm were great. I wonder whether we will see a character in game like him :)

Now that I think about it we get a house in Blood and Wine too. Majordomo tends to the wineyard etc. I wonder you got the idea from Witcher series. Obviously players getting a house isn't a Witcher specific thing but just asking :D

Edited by zeckopacho

• Developers
34 minutes ago, zeckopacho said:

Hahahaha :D Using the theme of Master Mirror himself. Hearts of Stone and especially Gaunter O'Dimm were great. I wonder whether we will see a character in game like him :)

Now that I think about it we get a house in Blood and Wine too. Majordomo tends to the wineyard etc. I wonder you got the idea from Witcher series. Obviously players getting a house isn't a Witcher specific thing but just asking :D

O'dimm was a huge inspiration of mine, yes. The fact you can get a house in blood and wine though is entirely coincidental. I've wanted to give the player a homestead for a long time.

EDIT: I was super tired when I made the announcement so I forgot something so important. Huge props must go to Njab, who has been helping tremendously and really makes me feel like I have a weight off my shoulders when it comes to fixing saves.

Edited by Caz

don't worry about a thing caz just take your time and make this game awesome this community has patience as we just waited a year for the latest version of reborn, the absence thing happens no sweat it happens and cant be helped, cant wait fro it.

tho i do have one question, will gnen 7 be comming wiht one of the nexxt 2 episodes or did you manage to sneak it iin this one?

• Global Mods
Just now, sandy said:

don't worry about a thing caz just take your time and make this game awesome this community has patience as we just waited a year for the latest version of reborn, the absence thing happens no sweat it happens and cant be helped, cant wait fro it.

tho i do have one question, will gnen 7 be comming wiht one of the nexxt 2 episodes or did you manage to sneak it iin this one?

Caz once said that Gen 7 won't be coming in episode 4, but will be in the episode after it.

• Global Mods
Just now, Sapphire Mahala said:

So i have just beaten desolation and want to know how long the outro is suppose to last and how to end it its been going for about 5 minutes now 

If you mean where you go to the ship but then decide to check out Tristan's house, the game mentions before doing the scene that you should save before doing it since you won't be able to do so after as the scene doesn't end.