Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Developers

I just wanted to clarify a few things about Episode 4.

1: Sun and Moon content will not be present in Episode 4. This includes new Pokemon, items and any changes that accompanied the new games. This will hopefully be in Episode 5.

2: New protagonists will hopefully be in Episode 4, but I can't gurantee this with my current schedule. I would truly appreciate some help on this front with spriting - any help is appreciated.

3: A release date? Initial beta release will hopefully be by the end of January with the final bug fix release (4.1) coming by the end of February.

That is all for now, thanks reborn squad.

EDIT: Also fixed the Espurr gender and ability problem, finally.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 5

• Developers

Your input on Episode 4

Hello yes it is me again.

This isn't really an update to be honest, but more of an opportunity. When contemplating what things I would like to be in Episode 4 I realized that I haven't really been interacting with the community as much as I'd like lately so I figured hell, why not.

I would like to know what features you would like to see in Episode 4. This does not include items, Pokemon or sidequests etc but asides from these your ideas can be as broad as you'd like. Feel free to jot down ideas in the thread or PM me - if your idea is good enough then I will gladly note it down.

Thank you all in advance, over and out.

4 hours ago, Caz said:

Your input on Episode 4

This isn't really an update to be honest, but more of an opportunity. When contemplating what things I would like to be in Episode 4 I realized that I haven't really been interacting with the community as much as I'd like lately so I figured hell, why not.

I would like to know what features you would like to see in Episode 4. This does not include items, Pokemon or sidequests etc but asides from these your ideas can be as broad as you'd like. Feel free to jot down ideas in the thread or PM me - if your idea is good enough then I will gladly note it down.

Well,how about a field dex? Like in reborn? or perhaps MORE reputation-increasing/decreasing events

Let's have an incredibly snarky librarian in the next city that describes the various areas on each island, including ones we haven't been to yet. Kind of like Reborn's historians, but more amusing yet flawed at the same time.

"Only Arceus knows why the island folk decided to build a main road THROUGH Vejyr instead of AROUND the volcano."
"Why does the labyrinth even exist? Because why the hell not?"
"There is only one rule when traversing the frozen lands, and no, it has nothing to do with having to bury your horrid fashion style. Bring Repels. Lots and lots of repels."

May or may not end up tying into the photo/dagger sidequest later.

Edited by Alilatias
  • Upvote 3

• Developers
1 hour ago, Alilatias said:

Let's have an incredibly snarky librarian in the next city that describes the various areas on each island, including ones we haven't been to yet. Kind of like Reborn's historians, but more amusing yet flawed at the same time.

"Only Arceus knows why the island folk decided to build a main road THROUGH Vejyr instead of AROUND the volcano."
"Why does the labyrinth even exist? Because why the hell not?"
"There is only one rule when traversing the frozen lands, and no, it has nothing to do with having to bury your horrid fashion style. Bring Repels. Lots and lots of repels."

May or may not end up tying into the photo/dagger sidequest later.

This speaks volumes. I love it.

what about a battle mansion type place. A place where all trainers go to meet and fight. The trainers can be different everyday. Each room is like a barrier, they can only be unlocked by getting the next badge(s). So with each room they get even more stronger.

example: we have 4 badges, so we get 1 room for each 2 badges. By obtaining the next bade(s) we get another room unlocked.

The trainers could be based off your design or they can be based off members on the forums, simply because on how funny some of the designs and interactions might be.  

15 hours ago, Caz said:

Your input on Episode 4

Nature changer   :F

• Developers
7 hours ago, DemICE said:

Nature changer   :F

Already exists in scripting - will come into play during a later Episode.

7 hours ago, Jmanultrax1 said:

what about a battle mansion type place. A place where all trainers go to meet and fight. The trainers can be different everyday. Each room is like a barrier, they can only be unlocked by getting the next badge(s). So with each room they get even more stronger.

example: we have 4 badges, so we get 1 room for each 2 badges. By obtaining the next bade(s) we get another room unlocked.

The trainers could be based off your design or they can be based off members on the forums, simply because on how funny some of the designs and interactions might be.  

Painful and funny, I like it.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jmanultrax1 said:

29 minutes ago, Caz said:

Painful and funny, I like it.

put me in coach 

• Upvote 1

On 15.12.2016 at 1:44 AM, Caz said:

Your input on Episode 4

1. Idea : Since there are a lot of events and sidequests and it is easy to miss some of them, how about having an npc randomly talk about some events and give hints about them?

2. Idea (This one is probably pretty difficult to implement but we all can dream amirite) : Have a rewind button so you are able to see what comes out of your decisions (even though that ruins the purpose of the game) / (in my case) be able to watch the amazing shiv/nova scenes over and over again :D 

• Developers
8 hours ago, trailblazer77 said:

1. Idea : Since there are a lot of events and sidequests and it is easy to miss some of them, how about having an npc randomly talk about some events and give hints about them?

2. Idea (This one is probably pretty difficult to implement but we all can dream amirite) : Have a rewind button so you are able to see what comes out of your decisions (even though that ruins the purpose of the game) / (in my case) be able to watch the amazing shiv/nova scenes over and over again :D 

I've been thinking about a variation on the first idea for a while actually and will most likely bring it in.

The problem with your second idea is that I want players to have to live with their decisions and this really does mean that players take the decisions more seriously. If they could simply go back then the decision would become far less serious because "oh, I can just rewind". Hopefully you see my stance on that.

How about secret mega evolution battles? So the ones that don't win with the voting but came in second/third can be put into the game secretly and we can stumble upon them by accident, and probably suffer as we wont know anything about them or what was given to them.

5 hours ago, Caz said:

I've been thinking about a variation on the first idea for a while actually and will most likely bring it in.

The problem with your second idea is that I want players to have to live with their decisions and this really does mean that players take the decisions more seriously. If they could simply go back then the decision would become far less serious because "oh, I can just rewind". Hopefully you see my stance on that.

Yeah, I get it. That is why i said it would break the purpose of the game :)  

• Developers
12 hours ago, Erinyes said:

Hey, I just want to say that this game is awesome, only bad thing is I can't beat the normal type gym, but thats just me.

Thank you! The game is meant to be difficult - but not impossible. Create a strategy and if necessary change your team - you will get there.

As an update for the rest of you - an official update and announcement about the upcoming Episode 4 is on its way, expect it soon!

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Caz said:

As an update for the rest of you - an official update and announcement about the upcoming Episode 4 is on its way, expect it soon!

In terms of game development, this often is translated as somewhere between 2 weeks and a month. (I'm kidding and I'm not kidding at the same time).

Kind of interested to see what you have in store this time.

*salutes*

Next part of the dagger/photo pilgrimage should be quite interesting, if all things go well. Chances are though that you may have to backtrack to where the girl is, to initiate the next phase of the sidequest before heading off to Celia City.

15 hours ago, Caz said:

Thank you! The game is meant to be difficult - but not impossible. Create a strategy and if necessary change your team - you will get there.

I see and thanks for the tips! Will be doing that, soon! (: