Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Pre-nerf Tristan was pretty crazy back in the beta, the only reason I got through him with my terrible first playthrough team was because I started treating the fight as a chess match of sorts, carefully taking out as much of his Pokemon as possible while losing as few as possible, with AI manipulation (hence my tactic to take out his ace in the previous page with a single Lv. 35 Staraptor, which as stated, is no longer possible due to the Starly line being axed from early game).

A friend that I introduced this game to said that Roggenrola actually helped him quite a bit against Tristan. If I had to guess, he hardcore stalled, and Tristan's team is very offensively loaded (and from what I remember, he doesn't appear to have an answer to physical walls after his Exploud and Helioisk are taken out).

(There is something I am noticing with Desolation though. The difficulty is as such that I feel that gym fights may rely on having specific Pokemon compared to Reborn/Rejuvenation. Like how Bidoof/Biabarel steamrolls the first gym, Aron line is a great help VS the second gym, and Roggenrola line DOES seem useful in stalling VS Tristan. The difficulty of the fourth gym however I find is easier than the previous three, although that may have much more to do with the available Pokemon selection widening than anything else.)

EDIT: Looking at your team, I can hatch a possible scenario that can probably turn the early fight to your advantage.

- Tristan sends out Exploud. You send out Meowstic which hopefully still has Light Screen and has Role Play learned. Use Role Play to copy Soundproof (hopefully it has Soundproof, I don't exactly remember) to neutralize his STAB Hyper Voice. Set up Light Screen to wall him next turn. Attack/heal up/set up Light Screen as needed to drop him to low HP to bait his Hyper Potions.

- Swap to Quagsire after Hyper Potions are used. Yawn, then set up Amnesias while Exploud is asleep. KO it after. Alternatively, send out Quagsire after Light Screen is set up and whittle away Exploud's HP/Tristan's potions that way.

- AI will most likely send out Helioisk next since it has Energy Ball which is 4x SE against Quagsire. Quagsire should be able to tank it well with a fully set up Amnesia, and proceed to one-shot with Earthquake. If it doesn't one-shot, you can heal yourself up and Helioisk will kill itself with the Life Orb eventually. Now you have a 6 VS 4 advantage.

Most likely you don't have Role Play learned on your Meowstic though, although I think Light Screen stall should still work. This tactic also flies out the window if the AI sends out a Pokemon other than Helioisk for his second... I should also note that if your Banette has Curse, you can try using it to take out one of his Pokemon guaranteed if you can stall afterwards, but that's assuming you can get Curse off in the first place.

I would admit, the fight would be SO much easier if you had a male Meowstic instead, so you could set up Reflect/Prankster Charm the hell out of his physical sweepers. I cheesed the Solaris fight in Reborn that way.

Edited by Alilatias

• Developers

I would admit, the fight would be SO much easier if you had a male Meowstic instead, so you could set up Reflect/Prankster Charm the hell out of his physical sweepers. I cheesed the Solaris fight in Reborn that way.

I haven't figured out a way to fix the gender form issue with Meowstic, but I may end up just making a vendor of sorts where a player can 'modify' the Meowstic's form for credits or something.

• Global Mods

I haven't figured out a way to fix the gender form issue with Meowstic, but I may end up just making a vendor of sorts where a player can 'modify' the Meowstic's form for credits or something.

I think they have their proper learnsets in Essentials v16.2. Female Meowstic seem to have their correct moves in Spork as of 1.6 and I think upgrading Essentials is what caused that. Although with upgrading you have to put back in any custom scripts you added afterwards, since those will be overwritten by the Essentials script file.

you have to edit it in Pokemon multiple forms script section, if you need help with it let me know

• Developers

you have to edit it in Pokemon multiple forms script section, if you need help with it let me know

I have the MultipleForms script for Meowstic, It's just not working. I plan on looking over it and fixing it before E4's beta comes out. If I can't find a solution I'll be sure to send the script your way.

• Developers

Will Gen 7 come in the next update?

Probably not. While adding in the new data into the PBS files is simple (albeit tedious and extremely boring) the spriting work to be done will take a long time for the whole fangame community, as it did when gen 6 came out.

Edited by Caz

As for the next poll - Your choices are as follows, Milotic, Claydol, Darmanitan, Quagsire, Luxray and Staraptor.

Edit: The poll being for who to recieve a mega-evolution next

If this is still a thing, I'd vote for Claydol

Edited by Dypatome

i really like what the game is offering, but the first gym is really painful and my team always gets destroyed by it its frustrating.

Are we supposed to have a full team before the first gym or something?!?!?

Edited by SgtNoobly

i really like what the game is offering, but the first gym is really painful and my team always gets destroyed by it its frustrating.

Are we supposed to have a full team before the first gym or something?!?!?

No, you do not need a full team before the first gym (although it may help a little bit.)

Largely, the first gym is either too easy or too hard for many people because your success is largely related to the starters that you have chosen. Maybe we can help; what current team do you have?

I dont have the game anymore cus computer crashed

but i had

krookodile

water grass type

water ground type (just because of this gym)

meowth

bidoff in training ( i h8 grinding)

and the pokemon trainer in the village u can grind off of

i barley do dmage to her pokemon and then they just heal it all back

;/