[IC] Trespassers LF: The Teleglitch Incident

StormLord

Yoko jogs up right behind Deadlift, continuing to grin bloodthirstily, her fists raised as she prepared for combat. ”Haha, well, I don’t mind getting my hands a little gore-splattered when the time comes for me to commit violence. I am, in fact, looking forward to it!” She mimed a punch into the air. ”Here’s hoping there’s something down this hallway that can make it fun, too, yeh? Not just some boring mindless grunt-mashing. I’d like to show off my martial arts prowess and the power of my tattoos, but I can hardly do these if we just face some pushovers.”

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelchis made a low growling sound that her translator either didn't pick up or was programmed to ignore. "COWARDS AND FOOLS. I HAD AT LEAST EXPECTED THE VALOR I HAVE SEEN IN THE MACHINE THIEVES." With that charming statement, Chelchis proceeded down the hallway that echoed with the sounds of machinery, leaving Vratislav and the rest of the group to do what they pleased while she forged ahead.

"Tell that to Merlin and their acid burns."

"I don't mind some red, but toxins are hardly ever enjoyable." 
He says with a small grimace.

"If you're really so bored with combat, perhaps you should consider holding back against weaker opponents.  I rarely deign to use my full strength against my enemies.  It keeps things interesting."  Deadlift says.

Roy runs a quick analyses spell on greg

Spoiler

(43) There is in fact a microchip in Greg's head, whatever it is it's inactive and would probably kill him to remove.

"He is chipped, but its not active. I cant remove this here. For now, we must hope it stays inactive"

Hirata waves Deadlift goodbye with her regular human hands as he leaves, "If you want me to make something impressive then bring me something that can hold or produce an electric charge, I can't run a weapon of mass destruction on thin air after all, at least not yet."

Evelyn

Not long after Evelyn made sure the room was clear, her pistol finally dropping, a large crack brought it right back up as she spun around and saw one of the other women in the group being hit by one of the trees that they broke down and immediately trying to cleanse her clothing. Toxins, from the look of it. The trees were poisonous... Of course they were.

With a sigh, Evelyn took notice of the group diverging paths, some (like Deadlift) going through the path with orange lines, while the inhuman creature was moving towards the path with actual sounds coming out of it. Pausing for a split second to decide, Evelyn began to walk after Chelchis, keeping her weapons drawn just in case. It was best to remain together, and while her opinion of Deadlift could be lower, she at least accepted the fact that he would be hard to kill.

Right now though, there were bigger matters to take care of. She'd just have to possibly deal with them alongside the alien.

"Hey Hirata!" Greg didn't seem to be all that interesting. No neat gadgets, and Mr. Roy was probably going to want the chip. "Want me to check if I've got anything to store energy? I've got a big collection, all sorts of stuff. Maybe something you'd be interested in." Morp wasn't certain whether he had anything on electricity storage, but he definitely had electrical devices, and he definitely had energy storing devices. Separate locations in the collection, but he could find them. "I think I've got some electricity working devices too, but I don't know if they store it. They might just turn it green or something."

Yoko thought Deadlift's words over for a moment and then she frowned.

"Bah, if I ever held myself back against something I'm not specifically trying to avoid maiming, it would defeat the point somewhat. I must push myself to the utmost in every situation, and I must exercise my violence and channel the chaos of my soul to the greatest degree I can, because I desire to push myself to the deepest boundaries of the human soul and to its greatest capacities. Limiting myself strikes me as something that would greatly pervert this course. I do what I do to maximize my violence, and that is not reached through limiting oneself but through breaking past one's limits. Even if weakling opponents may not allow me a chance to break my limits against them, they at least allow me to test myself through my techniques."

"Oh I definitely see your point.  It makes sense from a straightforward perspective.  But, if you wish to increase your power, you obviously must work against weights, against challenging trials.  When I kill a man using only my pinkie finger, Is that not at least somewhat challenging?  It's a matter of Will, and Discipline.  Even a brute like me understands intimately what sharpening your control allows you to do."

"And when you do taunt them, you may find your opponents dragging out extra strength as they grow desperate, desperate and afraid.  It might seem cruel and unusual, but such showmanship demonstrates an intimate understanding of combat.  That can inspire more fear than power so intense that it escapes the understanding of lesser beings."  

He pauses.

"I like to pretend that I use a sword."  Deadlift claims, pulling a blunted straight saber from his belt loop.

"When I could kill any man alive with one blow of my powered up arm, finding amusements and challenge in combat requires creativity."

Yoko actually seems to consider these words from Deadlift, and it's a few moments this time before she slowly shakes her head this time. "You present interesting points -- and if it were strictly power that I were seeking, I would likely agree. But it isn't quite power -- it's violence that I seek, and to hold myself back may lead to interesting forms of violence but it certainly leads to less of it overall, and it is a restraint, order -- a limit upon my inherent chaos. It isn't about challenges, quite... it's about utterly smashing my foes into pieces, about expressing my violence, getting it as much as I can! From that perspective, going anything less than all out in a non-spar is something to be done sparingly."

"Heh heh heh-"  Deadlift gets some mirth, and then a great deal more.

"BAH HAH HAH HAH!" He laughs helplessly.

"Well, I admit, you make a compelling argument!"

"I may not want to act as you do, but I respect your bloodlust deeply."

"In that case, I have only one piece of advice, nearly every opponent you face will not fight you at their full strength, even as you are killing them.  It may benefit even your crusade of bone crushing barbarism to find ways of forcing them to do so."  Deadlift finishes with a nod. 

Even as his smile burns savagely, something in his gaze changes, as though the words he speaks come with context Yoko isn't quite aware of.

Shamhat's Cura spell does little to stop the raging toxins seeped into her robes, it seems she'll need something more powerful for this poison.

Greg sort of sits there shaking his head back and forth, like he's trying to rid it of something.  Eventually though Vratislav get's some response that's close enough to confirmation for him.

[42]

Chelchis and Evelyn follow their hallway a short ways before reaching a door similar to the first.  The sound of some kind of machine is almost deafening now, a grinding crunching sound mixed with the shifting of metal-on-metal and whirring of gears.  Inside they find a large room filled with various heavy machines all doing...something.  They see a number of crates and boxes scattered around, all but one of which have been ransacked, the scent of turpentine wafts from the back left corner.

[12]

Deadlift and Yoko follow the pipe hallway, after it turns it continues for a few hundred feet more and more pipes being added the whole time.  As they approach the door at the end of the hallway they hear the sounds of several creatures in the next room shuffling around.  Before they have a chance to second guess the door slides open revealing a horrid six limbed humanoid...thing.  It's twisted and mutated, scrabbling across the ground like an insect coming in for the kill.

Init:

Spoiler

4 Yoko
2 M1-Mutant
0 Deadlift

Spoiler

Yoko: Healthy,
Deadlift: Healthy,

M1-Mutant: Starving,

Vratislav almost sighs. Is it too much to ask for good help these days? Oh well, the quicker they deal with this the quicker he can try to assuage the paranoia of his new employee. He briefly steps into his own universe before returning with some rather shoddy armor. He hands it off to Greg.

"Put this on, it'll help you a little at least. And be quick, the faster we get to the computer the less likely it is that our enemies will notice us and the less likely it will be that the "Chip" works it's foul magics."

Shamhat let out a frustrated grunt, and threw the robe on the ground. Underneath was another layer of robe, but much simpler in color - just blue. The robe was also visibly older than the now-poisonous robe. "This is it, then," she cast Gravity on the robe, in one last attempt of wringing the poison out of the fabric.

"I didn't expect that to be so unstable," Yweniwa remarks, looking at the fallen tree with suspicion, "Something is very wrong here.  It was almost like that tree attempted to crush you, Shamhat.  Very odd, even aside from the alterations that seem to make it far more poisonous than it ought to be.  Take this.  It will not be pleasant, but it may help with the poison."  Yweniwa uses her cure spell to try to help treat the poison.

Shamhat withdrew her spell upon noticing Yweniwa's spell. "You have a point. I thought I had gotten the safe distance right. I'm wondering if it's even luck at this point. Maybe it's sentient on a low level, like a lesser treant," Shamhat pondered, "anyway, thanks for the help."

Greg puts on the armor to the best of his ability, he obviously hasn't seen armor of this variety if at all.

Shamhat's Gravity spell forces the largest portion of the toxins out, wringing drops of poison on the ground in a soft dribble.  There's still a lot of poison left tainting the fabric though.

(Effect downgraded from -50% MHP to -10 MHP)

Yweniwa's healing magic doesn't fair much better than Shamhat's, it seems the toxins have already done their work scouring and deforming to the point that simply slinging magic won't work anymore.  Yweniwa does however remember that Arrowroot is used to mitigate the effects of normal Manchineel toxins.
(-5 MHP effect reduced to -3 MHP for the next two encounters before dissipating completely)

Morp dissappears for about 30 seconds, and then comes back with a cylinder that appears on the ground. "Found it!" The cylinder is made of something clear and metallic, and holds some sort of blue liquid or gas in it."A lot of my stuff isn't labeled yet, I've just been having some trouble figuring out how to do that for stuff that I don't know much about. But this was in the section for energy. Wasn't much there, but here ya go, take a look!"

"If you want it, just give something you don't want that's still interesting in return, or do so in the future. Maybe a different kind of energy storage thing, since I don't know how, but I've only got one item in that section."

Hirata scratched the bottom of her chin and looked thoughtfully at the ceiling as one of her robotic hands slowly approached the cylinder, and then slowly moved away from it as she considered what her options were, and it felt as if a whole minute had passed in awkward silence before she quietly said, "Well I can't spare anything now, but I'll make sure to whip something up for you when we have control over this facility okay?," as said robotic hand slowly approached Morp with an opened palm, seemingly to ask for the energy cell to be dropped onto it.

"Ahh, here we are."

Deadlift uses the Reserve Sword's Effect to dock his strength by 3, reducing it from (8+3=11) to (5+3=8)

Deadlift strikes clumsily with his Reserve Sword, dealing 8+1d6 Damage

Spoiler

Merit Level 1 Passive: Untalented: The user’s strength makes technique a useless chore.
-

Merit Level 1: The user is considered to have +1 Base Strength for every empty Action Slot.

Trick Level 3 Equipment: Reserve Sword: This weapon is blunted, and only used to hide how strong the user really is.

-

Trick Level 1: Deal 1d6+Strength damage.

-

Trick Level 2: While equipped, the user can decrease their strength by an amount of their choosing, and revert this effect at will.  Docking the user’s strength is considered when calculating Merit Bonuses.
-

Trick Level 3: While Equipped, the user may perform Non-lethal takedowns, instead leaving the target at 1 Health, and unable to fight further.

"Alrighty, that's fine." Morp pushed the cell into the robotic hand. "Just find the time. If you can't make anything special, finding something is always good too. But remember, I don't forget debts. So be sure to keep an eye out for payment."

Yoko grinned and cracked her knuckles when the strange, utterly twisted-looking six-limbed thing skittered rapidly towards her and Deadlift. Now, this thing might have been all kinds of bizarre and horrifying, but to tell the truth Yoko wasn't terribly fazed -- as long as it died well enough when she hit it, she wasn't really in any trouble, was she? And if she was in some trouble, well, perhaps that would just get her closer to enlightenment in its own way!

"Haha, excellent, something to kill! HYAH!" 

Yoko ran up at the creature, and swung a particularly wild blow at it, throwing practically her entire body into the strike.

Yoko uses Hands of Stone on the creature, and also activates the Strength of Bishamon Trump on it, for a total of 2d6+STR (6)+STR (6) damage but with a 20% miss chance!

Spoiler

Move with Air (Level 2): Yoko draws upon her Air ring, honed by her training in the kikage zumi order, and puts her reflexes to use in dodging incoming blows. Yoko has a 10% chance to dodge incoming attacks.

Level 2: Dodge chance increased from 5% to 10%.

Blaze Tattoo (Perk, Level 1): The power of the Blaze Tattoo inscribed on Yoko's stomach contains the power of the Fire Ring, the flickering sharpness and power contained within the body and spirit. It also can set her fists ablaze with magical fire that makes her blows something to behold, of vigor and of the aggressive power of the spirit. Yoko adds DEX+SYN damage to all unarmed attacks for the rest of the battle. Once per World.

Full Moon Tattoo (Perk, Level 1): The clarity and strength of the spirit of the Full Moon represents that Yoko is not merely violent, but clear-minded and devoted to the pursuit of the elevation of her spirit. It also allows her to deal blows that shake the spirit of others, trembling their very ability to use the techniques within them. Yoko targets an opponent with one of her unarmed attacks, and upon hitting removes their ability to use a non-gear technique she has seen for the rest of the battle. Once Per Battle.

Strength of Bishamon (Perk, Level 1): Yoko is capable of dealing an amount of damage in some of the wilder blows that she puts out that can surpass what one might expect even with her musculature. She is not dependent on Bishamon to do so, for his blessing is a subtle thing that has affected her growth, but her strength has been augmented for this in a manner that is a tinge supernatural. Yoko uses Strength of Bishamon at the same time that she uses an unarmed attack, giving the attack a 20% miss chance but adding STR damage to it. Once per Battle.

Hands of Stone: Yoko performs a punch from the Dragon Clan's Kaze-do martial art, a quick and precise punch... but with her own strength, martial skill, and Hitomi values of violence instead of Togashi Kaze's philosophy of non-lethality... it's a brutal blow. Yoko deals 2d6+Str damage to an opponent.

Violence, One on One: Perhaps there's a more poetic term for this, and if you asked Yoko she would surely know it, but at the core what this is is a grapple, engaging in very close combat with an opponent. Yoko applies the "Grappled" status to her opponent and the "Grappling" status to herself if she wins a DEX check, forcing the enemy to only be able to target her (and forcing Yoko only to be able to target the grappled enemy) unless the enemy spends an action to free themselves and wins a DEX check. 

Simple Monk's ClothingAn extraordinarily simple set of monk's clothing, and nearly all Yoko will ever have on her at any given time, a set of loose and flowing green pants, and a white sarashi. These aren't anything special, particularly, but they ARE strategically chosen to work well with Yoko's tattoos and to afford her an excellent range of movement. +2 Dex.

Dark StoneThe one and only possession of Yoko's beyond the clothes barely even on her back, this is a small and exceptionally dark gemstone she keeps within her sarashi. It isn't obsidian, nor is it even magical -- it's a possession left by the dead mother Yoko never truly knew, and a source of meditation and reflection on heritage, death, the moon, and Void. +2 Ess.

Roy moves back into the dome, and opens up his briefcase, to start with sample collecting and study.

Spoiler

Craft: 21 vs 7, Quality: 97, Bio-Scan: 44, Le-Roy very carefully takes samples of the tree, collecting bark, sap, leaf, and fruit sample. With a closer look and Bio-scan he determines that while the most powerful concentration of toxins are in the sap and fruit any part of the plant is toxic enough to give a bad rash and blisters on contact, he can hardly imagine the horror of eating the fruit and figures the victim would likely die from massive internal bleeding. The excess sap can actually be squeezed from the tree and used as poison with very little effort due to the way it clings to things nicely. It's called a "Neo-Manchineel" as he discovers from a faded half crushed sign.

"Well then, thats a thing."