[IC] Trespassers LF: The Teleglitch Incident

StormLord

"WEAK? YES, YOU ARE WEAK IF YOU ARE BEATEN DOWN. YOU ARE ALSO WEAK IF YOU FAIL TO PUT SERVANTS IN PLACE." This remark was punctuated by a pointed glance back at Yvette, before the piercing blue gaze returned to Yoko. "YOU ARE A FOOL. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. EVEN ANIMALS UNDERSTAND STRENGTH OF THE PACK. PACK DOES NOT MAKE YOU WEAK." A sort of snarl emanated from beneath the mask, left untranslated by whatever device on Chelchis's person was allowing her to speak human language. "YOU BOTH MAKE GRAVE MISTAKE AS WELL. I STAY BARON BECAUSE I AM STRONG LEADER. I BECAME BARON BECAUSE I AM STRONG. YOU WOULD BE WISE TO REMEMBER THIS, SAVAGES."

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hirata blushed a little when Yvette waved at her, mostly because of how casually the older woman mentioned whips, since sure it made sense for her to say that within context, but really that whole sentence ended up coming off as something she'd read in one of her 'special research materials'. She shuffled awkwardly to the side of the room as everyone in the room except for her engaged in an argument about civilization, power dynamics, and philosophy once more, and she let out a slight cough, a bit of a meep sound really to try and get the newcomer's attention before she said, "Umm.... what did you mean by making demons around?"

Yoko gave Yvette a look of disappointment -- though, thanks to her attitude, not quite one of disapproval. "We will have to fix that. Pure dependence upon an underling is simply asking to be gutted when that underling is indisposed or unable to save you. You ought to be able to fight for yourself, for your own sake."

She then turned back to Chelchis, with the same arrogant mirth as before. "I'm not an animal. I am a human -- and my potential as a human is very much above that of a mere animal creature. I know not what you are, but if you do have a soul I suggest that you spend more time seeking your own true limits rather than focusing on taking care of subordinates." Suddenly, her grin turned noticeably bloodthirsty. "As for strength -- I do not bow to threats, you see. My way of life is violence. My body is violence. My tattoos are violence. My soul is violence. My defense is violence. I study violence, I seek violence, I commit violence, I weather violence, I tap into the deepest, purest well of violence that I can within me. Should the time come for you to prove your strength against me, I welcome it, for such violence is how I shall attain enlightenment, and how I shall explore the boundaries of the human soul within a world, no, within realms of violence. It would simply be a step towards the realization of what those heights of violence shall be -- and should you decide to act upon your need for a relationship of strength, I shall be waiting gleefully."

"SO YOU ARE LOWER THAN AN ANIMAL, THEN. YOUR WORDS ECHO FOUL DOCTRINES OF WHIRLWIND. THE DARKNESS THAT CAUSED YOUR PATHETIC KIND TO CALL US FALLEN IN THE FIRST PLACE! I SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED NO LESS FROM HUMANS." The shrapnel cannon snapped up, the pilot light on the end igniting as the weapon was aimed straight at Yoko. "YOU WANT VIOLENCE? I WILL CLEANSE YOUR TAINT FROM THIS WORLD, STAIN." Without further hesitation, the muzzle of the weapon let out a crack, flinging a burst of flaming shrapnel at Yoko.

HP: 30
Shields: 22
Minions: 5
Moves: Equal to your Dex, divided by the average dex of this encounter, calculated at the beginning of combat. Minimum 1.
Stats: 

• Essence: 5
  • Constitution: 5
  • Dexterity: 2
  • Intelligence: 4
  • Resistance: 1
  • Strength: 3
  • Synergy: 1

Perks:

• Ruins of Utopia: This character takes no penalties for using substandard crafting materials.
  • Captain's Guard: This character has a persistent, regenerating shield that has health equal to 75% of their normal maximum HP, which refreshes after not taking damage for a turn, and takes double damage from electrical attacks. It does not benefit from other damage reduction effects.
  • Kratocrat: This character has minion points equal to their ESS. A minion point may be spent to perform a Minion Action. This can also be targeted by enemies; upon attacking the Minion Pool successfully, one minion point is lost.
  • Flaw: Etheric Life: This character must consume any magic that seems to be available for consumption, and suffers GM-determined penalties for attempting to not do so.

Actions:

Blink: Chelchis teleports a short distance, dodging the next incoming attack. (This buff lasts indefinitely.) 1 turn cooldown. 

Spider Climb: If Chelchis has at least two limbs free, she can climb on walls without further penalty. 

Four Arms: This passive grants two action slots for equipment only. 

Equipment

Scrap Cannon: Deals 1d6+STR damage. Halved damage against targets considered far away. This weapon negates one stun per encounter due to reduced, easy reloads. 

Fallen Captain Armor: Boosts resistance by 3.

Shield Capacitor: Can be used to instantly regenerate shields. 5 turn cooldown.

Yoko grinned even wider when Chelchis began to draw her weapon, and rushed in her direction, a fist raised back -- telegraphed, yes, but only so as to strike with maximum force. "THEN VIOLENCE IT IS!" Yoko hadn't a clue what this Whirlwind and Darkness it was talking about were, but she didn't really need to to beat the shit out of it satisfyingly, did she?

Yoko uses a Strength of Bishamon boosted Hands of Stone, giving it a 20% miss chance but adding STR damage to it!

Spoiler

Blaze Tattoo (Perk, Level 1): The power of the Blaze Tattoo inscribed on Yoko's stomach contains the power of the Fire Ring, the flickering sharpness and power contained within the body and spirit. It also can set her fists ablaze with magical fire that makes her blows something to behold, of vigor and of the aggressive power of the spirit. Yoko adds DEX+SYN damage to all unarmed attacks for the rest of the battle. Once per World.

Full Moon Tattoo (Perk, Level 1): The clarity and strength of the spirit of the Full Moon represents that Yoko is not merely violent, but clear-minded and devoted to the pursuit of the elevation of her spirit. It also allows her to deal blows that shake the spirit of others, trembling their very ability to use the techniques within them. Yoko targets an opponent with one of her unarmed attacks, and upon hitting removes their ability to use a non-gear technique she has seen for the rest of the battle. Once Per Battle.

Strength of Bishamon (Perk, Level 1): Yoko is capable of dealing an amount of damage in some of the wilder blows that she puts out that can surpass what one might expect even with her musculature. She is not dependent on Bishamon to do so, for his blessing is a subtle thing that has affected her growth, but her strength has been augmented for this in a manner that is a tinge supernatural. Yoko uses Strength of Bishamon at the same time that she uses an unarmed attack, giving the attack a 20% miss chance but adding STR damage to it. Once per Battle.

Move with Air (Level 2): Yoko draws upon her Air ring, honed by her training in the kikage zumi order, and puts her reflexes to use in dodging incoming blows. Yoko has a 10% chance to dodge incoming attacks.

Level 2: Dodge chance increased from 5% to 10%.

Hands of Stone: Yoko performs a punch from the Dragon Clan's Kaze-do martial art, a quick and precise punch... but with her own strength, martial skill, and Hitomi values of violence instead of Togashi Kaze's philosophy of non-lethality... it's a brutal blow. Yoko deals 2d6+Str damage to an opponent.

Violence, One on One: Perhaps there's a more poetic term for this, and if you asked Yoko she would surely know it, but at the core what this is is a grapple, engaging in very close combat with an opponent. Yoko applies the "Grappled" status to her opponent and the "Grappling" status to herself if she wins a DEX check, forcing the enemy to only be able to target her (and forcing Yoko only to be able to target the grappled enemy) unless the enemy spends an action to free themselves and wins a DEX check. 

Hadaka Jime (Trick, Level 1): Yoko engages the "Hadaka Jime", or "naked strangle" (no, she is not naked when doing this), known as Autumn Leaves to Kaze-do practitioners for the way the victim's face reddens... basically, while grappling, she wraps her bicep around the opponent's neck and begins choking them. Can only be used on an opponent she is grappling. Yoko deals 1d6+STR damage, but every turn she uses it in a row on an opponent it gains 1d6 damage.

Simple Monk's Clothing: An extraordinarily simple set of monk's clothing, and nearly all Yoko will ever have on her at any given time, a set of loose and flowing green pants, and a white sarashi. These aren't anything special, particularly, but they ARE strategically chosen to work well with Yoko's tattoos and to afford her an excellent range of movement. +2 Dex.

Yoko rushes at Chelchis before she can get her shot off, flinging a wild blow at her head! Chelchis' shields pop up and neatly prevent Yoko from making any actual contact with the Fallen Baron's body, but enough force was put into the blow that the shields are left flickering and weak, barely up after Yoko hits it. Yoko deals 21 damage to Chelchis' shields!

Chelchis fires her scrap cannon at Yoko, her finger depressing the trigger the moment after the punch, and flaming shrapnel strikes the monk! Though it has not greatly bloodied Yoko, the scrap coming from Chelchis' gun does make a slightly seared cut along her unguarded midriff. Chelchis does 7 damage to Yoko!

Initiative

Spoiler

Hitomi Yoko: 6

Chelchis, Wolf Baron: 2 

Status

Spoiler

Hitomi Yoko: 21/28

Chelchis, Wolf Baron: 30/30, Shields: 1/22 

"YOU CLAIM STRENGTH, BUT CANNOT EVEN SHATTER MY SHIELDS WITH A BLOW? I EXPECTED MORE, CONTAMINANT." She was fairly certain she couldn't dodge the next blow, but she would be able to endure it, and would almost certainly avoid the next. The Baron focused for a moment, preparing that slight push against reality with her Ether that would allow her to slip through space when Yoko attempted to hit her again. 

Chelchis uses Blink. 

Yoko tutted at Chelchis. "Tut, tut, words, words. Let us speak with our ACTIONS now!" That shield had been quite strong, Yoko had discovered, but no matter -- the time was not presently for contemplating, it was for fighting!  Accordingly, Yoko rushed towards Chelchis, aiming not to punch her but instead to grab the four-armed alien and force her into a grapple. Six arms hadn't worked as a grapple target before, but maybe four would!

Yoko uses Violence One on One on Chelchis!

Spoiler

Blaze Tattoo (Perk, Level 1): The power of the Blaze Tattoo inscribed on Yoko's stomach contains the power of the Fire Ring, the flickering sharpness and power contained within the body and spirit. It also can set her fists ablaze with magical fire that makes her blows something to behold, of vigor and of the aggressive power of the spirit. Yoko adds DEX+SYN damage to all unarmed attacks for the rest of the battle. Once per World.

Full Moon Tattoo (Perk, Level 1): The clarity and strength of the spirit of the Full Moon represents that Yoko is not merely violent, but clear-minded and devoted to the pursuit of the elevation of her spirit. It also allows her to deal blows that shake the spirit of others, trembling their very ability to use the techniques within them. Yoko targets an opponent with one of her unarmed attacks, and upon hitting removes their ability to use a non-gear technique she has seen for the rest of the battle. Once Per Battle.

Strength of Bishamon (Perk, Level 1): Yoko is capable of dealing an amount of damage in some of the wilder blows that she puts out that can surpass what one might expect even with her musculature. She is not dependent on Bishamon to do so, for his blessing is a subtle thing that has affected her growth, but her strength has been augmented for this in a manner that is a tinge supernatural. Yoko uses Strength of Bishamon at the same time that she uses an unarmed attack, giving the attack a 20% miss chance but adding STR damage to it. Once per Battle.

Move with Air (Level 2): Yoko draws upon her Air ring, honed by her training in the kikage zumi order, and puts her reflexes to use in dodging incoming blows. Yoko has a 10% chance to dodge incoming attacks.

Hands of Stone: Yoko performs a punch from the Dragon Clan's Kaze-do martial art, a quick and precise punch... but with her own strength, martial skill, and Hitomi values of violence instead of Togashi Kaze's philosophy of non-lethality... it's a brutal blow. Yoko deals 2d6+Str damage to an opponent.

Violence, One on One: Perhaps there's a more poetic term for this, and if you asked Yoko she would surely know it, but at the core what this is is a grapple, engaging in very close combat with an opponent. Yoko applies the "Grappled" status to her opponent and the "Grappling" status to herself if she wins a DEX check, forcing the enemy to only be able to target her (and forcing Yoko only to be able to target the grappled enemy) unless the enemy spends an action to free themselves and wins a DEX check. 

Hadaka Jime (Trick, Level 1): Yoko engages the "Hadaka Jime", or "naked strangle" (no, she is not naked when doing this), known as Autumn Leaves to Kaze-do practitioners for the way the victim's face reddens... basically, while grappling, she wraps her bicep around the opponent's neck and begins choking them. Can only be used on an opponent she is grappling. Yoko deals 1d6+STR damage, but every turn she uses it in a row on an opponent it gains 1d6 damage.

Simple Monk's Clothing: An extraordinarily simple set of monk's clothing, and nearly all Yoko will ever have on her at any given time, a set of loose and flowing green pants, and a white sarashi. These aren't anything special, particularly, but they ARE strategically chosen to work well with Yoko's tattoos and to afford her an excellent range of movement. +2 Dex.

Yoko rapidly discovered that the answer to the question of "can I successfully grapple something with four arms" is "no", as at the moment of Yoko's approach, Chelchis deftly pushed her away with her lower arms, rebuffing the Dragon monk's advance totally. Yoko fails (7, 16) to grapple Chelchis!

Chelchis, on the other hand, was less interested in making an advance -- and more in preparing herself for Yoko's next one, setting up an Etheric push against the very fabric of spacetime to allow her an escape from Yoko's next strike. Chelchis gains the Blink buff! 

Initiative

Spoiler

Status

Spoiler

Hitomi Yoko: 21/28

Chelchis, Wolf Baron: 30/30, Shields: 1/22, Blink

"ACTIONS WILL MEAN YOUR DEATH, WRETCH. SO BE IT." The weapon in her hands roared to life again, spraying (rather indiscriminately) molten metal at Yoko. Truthfully, the human was proving more dangerous than Chelchis had anticipated, discharging that much energy from her shields with a single blow. It only steeled her resolve, though; best to eliminate this servant of Darkness now, rather than wait for the knife at her throat down the line. 

Scrap Cannon again.

Yoko's face warped into a grimace when her attempt to grab her opponent was halted, and she ceased bantering -- that had the potential to be a problem, it really did. She didn't have much room to maneuver now, so Yoko was going to have to take measures she would have preferred not to take. The fiery tattoo upon Yoko's stomach started to glow a fiery orange... and a scant moment later, Yoko's fists set into a blaze -- and not only were her fists aflame, but her eyes began to glow an orange color as well.

Yoko pops Blaze Tattoo, adding DEX+SYN to all unarmed attacks for the rest of the battle!

Spoiler

Yoko's Blaze Tattoo takes effect, the woman now illuminating light from her eyes and arms and stomach. Yoko gains the Blaze Tattoo status!

Chelchis took another shot with her weapon, not wasting the time that Yoko took to activate her tattoo, but unfortunately this time its scattered shot mostly only grazed the now-aflame woman, not even cutting her beyond a scrape, but instead giving her a simple burn on the right shoulder. Chelchis deals 4 damage to Yoko!

Initiative

Spoiler

Status

Spoiler

Hitomi Yoko: 17/28, Blaze Tattoo

Chelchis, Wolf Baron: 30/30, Shields: 22/22, Blink

Fists bursting into flame and the whole body glowing. It didn't look like a Hive sorcery, but closer to what the Guardians did. She'd have to stay wary of her; the flame wouldn't chew through her shields as easily as the techniques of some Guardians, but all signs pointed to her being much more dangerous than before, at least for the time being. None of those techniques, though, kept going if the offender was dead.

More shrapnel!

"Demon World hmm... must be the equivalent of the Hell of my world," Yvette said as she considered Deadlifts statement not noticing Hirata moving up to her.  Though Jezzabella noticed the girl moving close to Yvette and moved closer to Yvette and glared at the girl. Yvette snapped out of her thinking as Hirata coughed to get her attention "Oh well that's an easy one. All I would have to do is open a portal. Though I will need time and a sufficient power source to open a big enough one so something other then Hellfire could make its way through." Yvette said in a matter that made what she was talking about a simple process. She was about to continue on her explanation as Chelchis shot rang out. "Mistress stay behind me,"  Jezzabella said as she moved in front of Yvette her tail moving in an agitated way. "Oh dear, Does this happen a lot?" Yvette asked Deadlift and Hirata.

Hirata was about to ask Yvette about what she meant by 'opening a portal' when she heard someone fire a gun, causing her to let out a surprised meep sound and rushed to hide behind Yvette, her hand clutching the hem of Yvette's dress a little by the shoulder while the Cybermutant slowly walked to step in front of Yvette and Hirata. Her voice had the tone of someone who wasn't really surprised since they saw this coming, but they still couldn't help themselves from experiencing a mixture of fear and disappointment, "Nnno actually, this is the first time something like this has happened, I don't know what set Chelchis off, but I don't think that this will happen again anytime soon." She snuck a peek from behind Yvette in the short lull in combat where Chelchis stoppd firing to try and find out if the two of them had stopped fighting already, only to get distracted by the sight of Jezzabella's tail swishing around until the two of them started yelling and firing at each other again.

"Oh, my. Be careful back there." Yvette said as Hirata rushed behind her and grabbed on to her dress "I see. Jezzabella let them fight its best to let them air out there disagreements like this than to get involved." Yvette said a Hirata peeked out from behind her. Jezzabella turned her upper body to look at Yvette and noticed Hirata looking at her glared and gave the young girl a small menacing smile showing her small fangs it was unclear if it was for looking at her tail or for being so close to Yvette.  Yvette giggled a little when she saw Jezzabella "If you so embarrassed then maybe you shouldn't be so animated with it then." She said with a laugh causing the maid to what looked like blush stop moving her tail as much and move back beside Yvette slightly pushing Hirata away from Yvette.

"I see. Welcome, then. Though, there might just be demons in here, depending on what kind of trespasser we're up against," Shamhat suggested.

And then she found herself next to what appeared to be infighting. "My, Chelchis' hellbent on getting Yoko's head already. At this rate, we might be inflicting more casualties on ourselves than the trespasser running the facility," she said, pretending to care. "Darn shame."

She paced around the battlefield, and into the room which held the mutant. "Treasures await!" She declared loudly, as she investigated the room.

"Treasures? I'm Morp, can I come along?" Morp made his way over towards the woman leaving the room. He played little attention to the fight going on, floating right through it, and making only a minimal effort to not get hit.

"I'm quite good with treasures, and I've got quite a few of my own if you'd like to see or trade!"

Vratislav and his crew head to the west with Deadlift shortly behind them and Shamhat not long after that.

They find a quiet still hallway, a tad dusty with a door on the far side and an intersection roughly in the middle.  Reaching the intersection you all find that the alternate direction has collapsed some time recently with no clear confirmation of why.  None of you hear anything in the room beyond the clear hallway.

Evelyn enters the door to the north and immediately starts hearing a loud otherworldly worbbling sound.  Like boiling radio static mixed with a metallic whine.  It starts getting louder the further she goes.

"Oh, that's a problem. Boy though, I wonder what happened here? I'll try to find a way through, so be careful if you try to blow a hole in!" Morp attempts to float up and around and find any small holes in the rubble of the collapsed hallway that he can pass through without too much phasing.

Vratislav looks around before holding up a fist for Greg and Rout1 to stop.

"There's something here most likely. Greg, take this and tap the walls and the floors with it as you go. If there's a false wall it'll be hollow and if there's a trap you're more likely to trigger it without stepping on it."

Vratislav hands three sections of a collapsible pole to Greg and waits for him to screw them together before gesturing for him to lead on.

Yoko's grimace grew tighter and tighter -- it seemed that she had underestimated her opponent, and the two wounds on her paid testament to that fact. Nonetheless, the fire of battle and violence welled within her, and Yoko simply did not have the opportunity to slow down! With a roaring shout, Yoko swung another punch at her shielded opponent.

Hands of Stone on Chelchis, doing jack shit because of Blink.

Spoiler

Yoko takes a fiery swing at the furious Fallen Baron -- but greatly to her consternation, her fist flies through nothing but empty air, as Chelchis pushes with the power of Ether against space itself, popping away and leaving her unharmed. Chelchis' blink causes Yoko to miss!

Chelchis doesn't hesitate to counterattack, and her scrap-gun makes a solid hit this time, a piece of shrapnel lodging just above Yoko's pelvis and burning -- drawing a pained and angered noise from the kikage zumi! Chelchis does 8 damage to Yoko!

Initiative

Spoiler

Status

Spoiler

Hitomi Yoko: 9/28, Blaze Tattoo

Chelchis, Wolf Baron: 30/30, Shields: 22/22

Evelyn

Instantly upon hearing the otherworldly noise, Evelyn's hands flew to her weapons, quickly drawing her Chikage and pistol and raising them for an attack... Only to stand where she was for a few seconds, staring in the direction of the noise. After those few seconds, Evelyn began slowly moving forward, her feet barely making any noise despite the armor as she advanced, keeping her gun raised as she kept an eye out for... Whatever creature remained in here.

Chelchis could feel her bloodlust rising. The human was growing weak, and it showed on her face. She was tempted to go in for the kill. . . but the experienced hunter knew that prey fought the most desperately just before it fell. She didn't bother taunting her again; the feeling of Chelchis's lash, and that for all her boasting she had still failed to even wound the Baron, would be enough.

Chelchis prepares to Blink once again. 

Yoko would have to be relentless -- for her to survive, to defeat her opponent, she would have to no longer falter, to not slow down. And so Yoko threw another punch at the creature. It wasn't just a mundane blow, however -- the second tattoo upon Yoko's body, the moon tattooed near her collarbone, emitted a bright white glow -- which suffused the flames on her arm as she swung at her shielded opponent.

Yoko uses a Hands of Stone on Chelchis, boosted by Full Moon Tattoo -- dealing 2d6+STR (6)+DEX (6)+SYN (2) damage and disabling Blink for the remainder of the battle!

Spoiler

Yoko was afire and aglow, both of her tattoos emitting light as she pushed herself to her limits, power drawn from her soul and thrumming twice with her blow -- Yoko's fist, flaming, wreathed in white light as well as orange, connected solidly with Chelchis' shield -- and this time, the fire and the force were enough to bring the shield down totally, the field winking out as Yoko's fist passed through. The force had been robbed by the collision of Yoko's fist with it, but all that was needed was a tap of Yoko's fist against Chelchis' chest, causing the white glow around Yoko's arm to pass into Chelchis. Yoko does 22 damage to Chelchis and disables her Blink ability!

Faced with the loss of her shield, Chelchis attempts to set herself a retreat from the monk's next blow -- but she finds that she detects an intangible but distinct feeling of violence, chaos, and madness within her, disrupting her ability to push on the Ether, and causing her attempt to prepare a teleport to fail. Blink, disabled, is not used!

Initiative

Spoiler

Status

Spoiler

Hitomi Yoko: 9/28, Blaze Tattoo

Chelchis, Wolf Baron: 30/30, Shields: 0/22, Blink Disabled