[IC] Trespassers LF: The Teleglitch Incident

StormLord

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy gets holds his spear in one hand, and looks at the barricade. Just needed to get rid of a few nailed in bits, and then the rest should come away.
Forming a small crescent shaped blade of darkness on the end of his spear, he moved to slice apart the parts of the barricade connected to nails, so he could pull the rest away

Evelyn and Roy unbar and open the door without issue.  Outside after wading through boxes and rubble they see a large open area under an opaque dome.  The ground is covered in a thin layer of soil and grass, there are walkways between each door and three trees around, one of which could hardly be considered a tree given its size.  The bark of each tree looked waxy or oily.  A few piles of stone and metal rubble littered the walls near the edge of the dome, obvious signs of disrepair.  There were two other doorways out of the dome, each blocked by large heavy steel sliding door with no obvious handles or activation mechanisms from this distance.

Morp floats over to the man/cyborg who retracts in fear.

"Gr-greg."
He throws his hands up as Chelchis point her weapon at him.

"Mmmilitech research facility.  Plea-please don't shoot me."

Evelyn

The instant the door opened, Evelyn forced her way through, pulling out her pistol and aiming it down the hall, her good eye glancing around and taking in the sights. Large dome after the hallway, obvious disrepair. No other signs of life besides trees... But she couldn't be sure. With the sights taken in though, Evelyn looked back at the group, glaring at both Hitomi and Deadlift, "Get those two to stop fighting. I'll scout ahead and see if there's anything around" she told Roy, before beginning to advance into the main room, pistol still raised just in case.

Yoko was flung high into the air, very nearly heavily impacting the ceiling, and then as the arc reached its maximum height she accelerated downwards and landed across the room into one of the piles of strange boxes scattered about. She laid there for just a moment to catch her breath, knocked out of her by the impact, and then laughed loudly and uproariously. ”Ahaha, ahaha, ahahaha! Oh, you are fantastic, Deadlift, you really are.” She stood up and brushed pieces of box off of her. ”Alright then, where do we start with our actual exploration of this place, you think?”

Yweniwa is utterly disinterested in the fight and the metal guy, but when the door opens she sees the strange-looking trees.  Beckoning her dinosaur to follow, she heads out the door and walks over to the trees.  (Knowledge: Nature!  What's up with those trees? Ess and Syn of 6, Int of 2, being a Druid with nature spells as relevant experience.)

Roy pokes his head back into the starting room and looks towards there new guide.
"Hey, We need information on the area, and the current threat, Start with our location in the facility, and the purpose of the dome. Oh your injured aren't you?"
Roy points at him at and mutters something under his breath, causeing a green and red glow around the target for just a moment.

"Ive applied a regenerative spell to your body. You should be more or less healed up in a few minuets. Start talking."

Spoiler

Regenerate: The user cast a regeneration spell. The target gains the “Regenerating”  Buff. (Regenerating: At the end of the round this buff was placed, and at the start of all subsequent rounds, the target is healed for 2d4 damage. Last 4 rounds) Cooldown: 3

His spear also gives a plus 3 to the roll, since its a biological magic roll

"Simple, Yoko.  Where we aren't wanted."  Deadlift says, examining both sliding doors for some sort of indicator of their security level, or where they lead.  If one of them seems more secure than the other, he takes the opportunity to open it, very enthusiastically, in fact, by digging his fingers into the door, and pulling it out of it's hinges.

"Hi Greg, I'm Morp. Are you human? You've got metal on your face, so I'm not sure. I haven't seen many, but none of them had metal yet, under their surface."

Morp comes a little closer, to get a better look at the metal under the man's skin. Is there anything disconnected that he could grab?

"Anyway, as the man says, we need you to start talking! I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you."

Shortly after getting up, having had the wind knocked out of him by the drop, Vratislav had disappeared. Soon however he would return with a large bag. He sighed as he looked around before settling on the group crowding the new person. With a groan he walks up next to Chelchis.

"Don't point a gun at the poor guy, he's scared out of his mind and Light knows what he'll do when confronted with a threat. Oi, the rest of you! Buzz off, give the man space! You're just gonna scare him more if you crowd him like that!"

Vratislav rolls his eyes.

"Getting shot may not be a problem for you, but it's a problem for the rest of us. Besides, do you know how silly you look jumping straight to pointing a gun at a single guy sitting in a corner? It makes you look weak, like you need a weapon to be confident in your power even against a single human."

"Hes got you there. Its not like the fellow is resisting."
              Ok, so how many pepole do we have who are reasonable? Not enough.

He should really consider infecting all of them with kill code viruses before one of them did something out of hand. Was this really the best group their "benefactor" could come up with?

"THE WEAPON IS SHORTHAND. IT IS SYMBOL OF AUTHORITY, POWER. MUCH FASTER THAN TELLING HUMANS I WILL TEAR THEIR LIMBS OFF AND OFFER THEIR WRIGGLING TORSOS LIVE TO THE SERVITORS FOR REPROCESSING. NOW, DO YOU CARE TO CALL ME WEAK AGAIN, OR DO YOU CHOOSE TO DO SOMETHING MORE USEFUL WITH YOUR BREATH?" Almost solely to be obstinate, the weapon remained pointed at the man, though the alien's gaze turned slowly over Vratislav and Roy in turn. 

Hirata, deciding that it probably wasn't a good idea to jump into a shouting match or wander away from the rest of the group in what is essentially a horror movie set piece, coughed a little to politely get Deadlift's attention as she trundled over to him with a bunch of empty cans carried with her backpack's arms, "Hey Deadlift! May I ask you tear the door into really thin pieces and then coil them around each other to make a metal wire string?."

Shamhat was notably silent. She strode past the group after they opened the door, ignoring the traumatized man. What caught her attention were the trees, which definitely didn't look like they belong here. Perhaps out of a sick sense of curiosity, Shamhat decided to take a crack at one of them. She cast Gravity on the bark of one of the taller trees, aiming to snap it in half.

Evelyn, and those behind her, find the dome still and silent.  No apparent life beyond the plants.

Yweniwa's experience with plants causes her to have a gut reaction of "Don't go anywhere near that." when inspecting the trees.  A careful inspection reveals that it seems to be a modified(genetic engineering, cross pollination, something) sample of a Manchineel tree, designed to produce excess sap in a soft waxy form.

Roy's spell doesn't seem to help all that much, but does help close over the open portions of the wound presumably reducing the risk of infection.

Greg starts to look a little more overwhelmed as everyone is demanding answers out of him all at once, but he tries to answer some of them, getting louder and most exasperated with each one.

"Uhh we're in the Outdoor-training facility, can-canned food storage, near the p-poison gardens.  The computer went nuts!  Started shoving these-these microchips into our heads!  Controlling us, making us put the others through the same machine!  Oh god oh god oh go-ahhh"

Shortly after he started rambling he reached up and started clutching his head then fell to the ground, he seems to still be alive if only just.

As Deadlift approaches each of the doors he finds that they automatically slide away into the wall, perhaps they're afraid of him.  Both of the doors lead down boring looking hallways that curve not far in, one with the sound of machines, the other with large orange pipes. (He can still tear them apart if he wants)

Dex save: 2,

Luck: 12

Shamhat's spell hits the tree dead center and with a loud *crack* it starts to come down.  Right. On. Top of her.  Shamhat attempts to sidestep the falling tree(that seems a tad taller than she predicted) but doesn't manage to get out of the way fast enough before being caught be a stray branch.

Con save: 5,

The sap in the leaves and bark of the tree permeates her robes almost immediately causing an excruciatingly painful stinging/burning sensation.

Shamhat's MHP is reduced by 5 for the duration of the plot and her robes gain the following effect:

"Toxic: reduces the MHP of the wearer by 50% until cleaned with powerful chemicals or magic."

Vratislav gestures to Greg as if to say, "See what I mean?" before sighing and heading over. He pulls from his bag greenish bottle that seems scratches up and... is that a skull on the label? It's either that or a bottle being poured out. He holds it out to Greg, trying to look somewhat kind.

"Hey, drink this. It'll guard your mind against the horrors you've seen for now."

Hirata nodded at Deadlift before she turned to stare at the fallen tree and Shamhat for a few moments. She dropped most of the cans she was carrying on the floor as she gingerly walked a couple of steps closer, and she attempted to use one of her White Knight's limbs and a can to collect a sample of the foul liquid that was dripping all over the extravagantly dressed person before she ran a small electric charge through it from her White knight's battery to try and see if it can hold one. 

"Never mind, never mind." Shamhat grumbled as she cast Cura on herself, attempting to cleanse whatever got into the robe. She then got back up on her two feet. "Hey, Hirata. Could you keep a sample of the poison for me? A can should be enough."

Greg looks up at Vratislav from clutching his head before taking the bottle and drinking it.

Str check: 15,

Deadlift peels back the steel plating like paper, revealing heavy industrial grade machinery inside.

[58]

Inside the cavity Deadlift finds:
2 Hardware, generic Militech all-purpose hardware

3 Steel Scrap, made from high grade Militech steel

1 LV Cable, meant to transfer low voltage power into machines

"Now then, we were sent to deal with the problem at this facility. I suppose you could consider us the new management. As you're still alive, why don't you come along with us as a mercenary? I can promise you a free place to stay, free entertainment, free food, free equipment and training, and free medical care once we leave. All I ask is that you leave seventy five precent of any valuables to me."

Vratislav stands up and offers his hand to Greg.

"That should be sufficient, yes?  I expect to see something impressive, robot-woman."

Deadlift says as he tears the wall panel entirely off, using the piece of steel scrap like paper as he crumples it over his left arm, and draws his sword.

"I don't particularly enjoy the idea of getting my hands dirty, speaking literally."  He explains, as he walks down the hall with the orange pipes.