[IC] Trespassers LF: The Teleglitch Incident

StormLord

Hirata makes a vain attempt to try and continue the pleasant conversation they were having and gloss over another one of her mistakes by coughing before she says, "Ooof course, bbut anyway, this is probably an odd question but can you control how you distribute your strength? Because even if you have enough strength to lift an entire building up with your pinkie, wouldn't you just shear a pinkie sized ditch on the wall since it was never designed to do that?."

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoko saw Deadlift practically inflate with musculature, and though she was taken aback for a moment, she ended up grinning widely. ”Ohohohoho...” She couldn’t resist, when they were no longer in the presence of the cloaked shugenja who could foul her up, Yoko would HAVE to properly introduce herself with some violence. She couldn’t help herself, really; the temptation and opportunity to see what this man was capable of, to see what a fight he could give if she decided to commit to one in full...it was very, very great.

But then a bizarrely pointy-eared woman said something that caught Yoko’s attention. ”The human soul is indeed filled with chaos and violence, but this is no bad thing. To suggest the need for ruling and order and obligations to be placed down upon it is to suggest clinging to structures that distract one from the reality of themselves and the Void — to distract themselves from greater understanding. It is my chaos, my violence that I hone, that I channel, that I devote myself to, so that I might more truly connect myself with nothing and everything. Order and rule are feeble distractions put up to try and hide from this connection, because of an inability to stand hardship. Instead, we ought to embrace our violence, for the sake of better comprehending the full breadth of the soul.”

Hirata continued to furiously mime typing with her hands as she said, "Well, you might not have to, when I get some up and running I could try and

program a swarm of nanobots into a pair of gauntlets that could strengthen objects you touch, just strip away the subsurface material and restructure it into something that can take a beating."

Vratislav turns his chair back to the table. He rests his head on the palm of his hand as he considers what he knows about these people. Namely, the two going on about strength and enlightenment know nothing about really adversity. That was fine though, they'd either learn it or die. The others were a bit more palatable, although the one going on about math was a bit off. The one who also was leaning on the table seems interesting enough though that he figured he might as well build a rapport. After a few seconds he turned to her a spoke.

"I do not believe I've heard of a Queen Annalise before. Would it be presumptuous of me to ask what she is like, in the event that we go to your home and happen to meet her?"

Vratislav figured this would be a more efficient way to get the woman to open herself up some than just asking about her directly. This woman didn't seem like the type that would open up about herself right away but if he asked her about a secondary person of interest... perhaps she would be more interested in answering his questions.

Evelyn

When Vratislav spoke directly to her, Evelyn merely glanced at him, remaining silent for a few seconds before straightening herself, "Queen Annalise is one of the last Vilebloods remaining, the Queen of Cainhurst, the Vilebloods, and sworn enemy of the Healing Church. She's a woman who demands respect at all times, and due to being immortal, has more knowledge than almost any other" she explained, "Her subjects, unfortunately, are almost nonexistent. Cainhurst was assaulted by a group called the Executioners, led by a man named Logarius. Both sides killed each other off, with the exception of Logarius, his pupil, and Annalise. The remnants of the castle are plagued by spirits of the dead, delusional servants, and carrion beasts, while Annalise was trapped within the inner most sanctum, with Logarius keeping any from having an audience with her. Until I came along." she finished, folding her arms finally,

"I am sure, at the very least, that Queen Annalise will welcome more guests to Cainhurst... Once the infestations are cleared out."

Vratislav nods at that. It sounds reasonable at least, for one to not welcome audiences while under an "active" siege. But the phrase vileblood, and the apparent rivalry with some form of religious establishment did bring to mind a certain annoyance he had yet to deal with...

"I'd be happy to help push back the invaders, once I have a good group of men to assist. So what is a vileblood, if you don't mind me asking? I assume it has to do with a bloodline, or perhaps consumption of blood itself?"

Evelyn

"The Vilebloods were birthed when a Cainhurst Noble consumed forbidden blood, brought to them an outcast of Byrgenwerth. While it ultimately adds to nothing, the Vilebloods were considered corrupted by the Healing Church, hence the Executioners being formed to stop them from tainting the 'purity' of their blood" Evelyn replied, with obvious disdain in her voice, "Yharnam and their damn blood..." she muttered.

Vratislav nodded despite not quite understanding what it is Evelyn was talking about. The implications if he was understanding though, were horrifying. An entire city, perhaps even a country taken over by the crimson curse... Still, this would present an interesting opportunity. If he could study them maybe he could find a solution to the problem of the curse... But that was for another time.

"And what of you? From how you're phrasing things it would seem you aren't a vileblood yourself, and you obviously aren't of the church..."

Evelyn

At that, Evelyn blinked, then shook her head, "No, I am one of the Vilebloods. The only other that currently remains, outside of Annalise herself. Other than my status as a Vileblood and Cainhurst's Knight, I'm merely a Hunter of Beasts, and of those to become Beasts" Evelyn stated, glancing in the direction of Deadlift for a brief second before returning to Vratislav, "Apologies, however, for my strange phrasing. Talking isn't my strong suit."

"It is very human to think that one can hold monopoly over things as broad and universal as hatred," Yweniwa isn't really talking to Vratislav at this point so much as muttering under her breath at somebody not here, but Yoko's words most definitely attract her attention.  "And you are clearly not listening.  I know human ears are dull, but really.  Destruction without purpose, I said, is why humanity must be given a firm, guiding hand.  Occasional humans, I have found, may rise above their origins, and perform destruction only with purpose.  Based on your words, yourself, Deadlift, and Evelyn at least believe yourselves in this group.  For your own sakes, I hope that you are.  I would not wish being foolish upon anyone."

Vratislav waves the apology off. But what she was saying was intriguing... 

"Don't worry, I'm used to it, it's endearing... Or something. Anyway, I'd be quite interested in studying you. Just a simple look over and demonstration of your abilities..."

Vratislav meanwhile sucks in a slow breath as he comes to realize that Ywenia's voice is going to become nails on a chalkboard to him. Worse than that if they need to negotiate.

"Oh, I see." Morp bounces up and down in simulation of a nod. This woman called herself Hirata or something, right? She was nice. Some people never answered questions. "By the way I've got a collection of things, if you ever want to buy something. Items from allllll over the place. You just need something to trade, like a book!"

The woman responded to the initial wave of questions.
"I am confidant you will make your own way when you get there."

She waited several more second until the questions devolved into senseless bickering and boasting.  She silently stood, something most of the party wouldn't be able to notice unless they were looking at her directly, and gestured with one hand around the top of her staff to generate a large orb of black and green fire.

"Take your senselessness and begone!"

She launched the orb into the middle of the room where it oozed black fire and tendrils of darkness rapidly creating a sort of pool of darkness.  Those closest to it found themselves falling through the once solid floor and the others a second or two later, even those like Morp who were flying or Evelyn sitting in her chair were eventually sucked down into the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1: The Teleglitch Incident

Falling, everyone found themselves falling through an endless black void, unable to so much as see their hand in front of their face.  Several seconds later they landed, some directly on the ground, some on cardboard boxes, at least on person landed on a stack of empty cans that hardly even dented.

When you all wake up you see a small, dimly lit, and somewhat cramped storage room around you.  Crushed cardboard boxes, bits of smashed shelves, and surprisingly tough empty cans litter the floor around you.

A man is sitting huddled in the corner, something happened to him above the right eye and amidst the wound exposed metal can be seen in places, a single sort of lens and sensor replace his right eye.  He's surprised by the ground and jumps onto his feet as they land.

A single heavy steel door is the one clearly visible exit.

After crashing to the ground like a steel lock hurled at a tinfoil floor, Deadlift slowly stands up, and after looking around the room, walks over to the door, beginning to slowly drill his finger into it, in order to try and make a peephole.

(Empty Loadout-  18 Strength used.)

Deadlift finds that the door has a small glass window he can look through and that it's barred from this side, somewhat haphazardly.

Outside he sees assorted machinery, more smashed boxes and rubble, and a hallway leading out to the right.

"Hi! Who are you?" Morp asked the man sitting on the ground. In the mean time, while he listens to the man, Morp attempts to rummage through the boxes on the floor, the open ones at least. Maybe there'll be some neat collectibles inside.

"STUPID HUMANS. ARGUE ABOUT POWER AND HATE UNTIL YOU MAKE MOST POWERFUL ONE IN ROOM HATE YOU." Chelchis stood up from the floor warily, pointing her gun at the apparent robot that they had landed in the room with. He didn't seem to be a threat, but many things seemed innocuous until it was too late. "YOU. NAME THIS PLACE." She wanted to confirm that they were, at least, where they were intended to be.

Yoko blinked as she was hurtled into the void... but then found it an exceptionally profound experience. Was this the Void — the everything and nothing? Was this the thing to which human souls had so profound a connection? Or was it merely a void — simply a lack of things — a darkness? Yoko supposed she couldn’t know, or rather that she didn’t know. Perhaps she would later, when she had furthered her path down enlightenment. But for now she would—

—land, in a strange metallic place, upon some empty metallic containers. That had not been comfortable (and whatever these were, they were impressively tough), but comfort was not precisely Yoko’s goal in life, and after but a moment she slid herself down the pile and came to a stop. Then she looked around, saw the debris, saw the slumped over man... and saw that the cloaked shugenja was no longer present. ”FINALLY! I can act without worrying abiut her interference.” She looked at the man with the ability to grow muscles, and grinned at him, an expression that was a curious mixture of genuine good will and bloodthirst. ”Now I can make what I think is the most proper introduction I can. I am Hitomi Yoko, monk of the Hitomi Kikage Zumi Tattooed Order, of the Dragon Clan but not bound by them,” Yoko slipped out of her sandals, ”bearer of Blaze and Full Moon tattoos, and pursuer of enlightenment through violence. And I,” Yoko began to move in Deadlift’s direction swiftly, ”would like to see what you have got!” It was at that point that Yoko launched herself in a flying kick at Deadlift’s head.

Evelyn

Just as the Hunter opened her mouth to respond, right after raising an eyebrow at Vratislav's choice of words, the mage commanded them to "begone", before launching a black orb in the center. Reflexes kicking in, Evelyn jumped to her feet, immediately drawing her sword before she was sucked into its inky blackness...

... And sent falling, hard, onto the ground, a loud clang emanating from her as she hit it. After a few seconds, Evelyn groaned to her feet, her hand still holding her sword while the other one went to her head, one eye glancing around the room and taking in everything. The four armed creature was pointing a gun at the only other denizen in the room beside them, with the orb questioning them as well, and... Deadlift and the now named Hitomi were ALREADY beginning to spar. The sight of the act caused Evelyn to sigh, placing a hand on her pistol as she walked around them and to the door. Their childish spar was of no meaning to her. She had a job to do.

Which, currently, was removing what prevented them from opening that door.

(Evelyn's strength is 1 right now, if that is important)

Yoko's flying kick was met by a headbutt, the momentum of Yoko's strength and movement meeting the muscle-driven motion of Deadlift's head-butt. At the same time as she dealt a solid kick right to his skull, the strength behind his headbutt actually reversed her motion and sent her sailing backwards a few feet through the air. Yoko landed on her feet, backpedaled a few steps rapidly, and then grinned even wider. "OhoHO, you really are strong, aren't you? I like you!" Then Yoko once again approached Deadlift, this time using putting her agility to use to try and weave and dodge, occasionally sending a strike at one of his sides but mostly wanting to see what he would bring to the table offensively.

As they approach, Deadlift reels his fist back, throwing a clearly telegraphed punch as he simply takes their hits head on.

Finally, after what must seem like ages to Yoko's trained eyes, Deadlift throws his punch, a wide haymaker that their agility would easily put them out of the way of.

What is less expected, is the sheer force of their blow driving all the air near it into a frenzy, extending what is surely a killer blow into what is additionally a creator of dangerous tailwinds.

His lack of skill is as clear as polished glass on a bright day, but no lethality is lost in their sloppy execution.

"And you are quite slippery."  He says, small bruises already forming from the consequences Deadlift has taken responsibility for, in not defending.  His smile, However, has not changed in the slightest.

The spar led to somewhat bemusing results — it became clear that this Deadlift fellow had never trained in a proper dojo, because though she wasn’t precisely holding back, she wasn’t fighting at anywhere near her utmost either. He should by all means have been able to dodge some of those, and that punch was incredibly slow as well. But still...! That raw strength of his was something to be marveled at. No Crab could even match it, for all the tales, she was sure, and those tailwinds that came with the punch actually pushed her backwards and forced her to disengage.

Her grin came back quickly though. ”Well! We probably don’t have time for a much fuller spar, given the task at hand. But this has been most educational~” Her voice was a singsong tone of satisfaction. ”You are quite strong, and that is of course an understatement. How about one more pass? Hyah!” And Yoko rushed in once more, aiming to grab his arm if he punched and use it to propel herself towards him and deal him a punch to the gut.