[IC] Trespassers LF: The Teleglitch Incident

StormLord

Yoko smiled and then put her hand to her chin in thought, for a moment. She'd seen him telegraph punches terribly in their earlier spar, so it didn't seem like Deadlift had any real training in a way of fighting -- he could benefit from it immensely, she figured. With THAT strength, that much raw power, if Deadlift properly directed it, the damage he could so would be truly immense. "Mmhohoho, I see, an interesting capability. I ought to see if I can teach you a proper martial art sometime. I'd like to see what a power multiplier that could be. If these are your capabilities without martial arts, with it I'm sure you could prove even more formidable an opponent for our enemies."

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The words that Morp had watched the tall one pull up on the computer screen hadn't meant much to the orb. He understood that they were on a dangerous planet, and safe inside, and that was really most of what mattered. There didn't seem to be anything else not bolted down that could be grabbed, so he left. Headed to the main room, where everyone else was.

"Hi Greg." Morp states cheerily as he enters. It was good to make the man feel comfortable.

Hirata let out a slight sigh as she looked up from the partially melted remains of her weapon to the slowly cooling corpse of the mutant she had intended to replace it with, and to the anime protagonist that had walked up and shot it in the head. "It's fine Deadlift, I can still work with this, I wouldn't be much of a cyberneticist if I couldn't."

Chelchis makes her way to the Mutant room without issue or interruption.

[25]
Aside from a few worthless personal affects Vratislav and Greg don't find anything useful.  That is until they get to the bottom of the pile and Greg points out a mostly intact zombie.  Some gross finagling and a bit of re-programming later and Greg has the zombie upright and working again, fully and complete loyal to Vratislav in every way with absolutely zero chance of backstabbing him later.

Yvette awakens in a dark room, she's sitting in a large wooden chair and although she's clearly awake and alert her body feels exhausted to the point she can barely move much less stand.  In front of her is a glossy projection surrounded by a think grey-green mist.  Though the projection she's told of figures waking up in a strange room, discussing various things, then finally falling into darkness.  When the projection finally finishes she falls through the chair into a infinite black void before abruptly landing in an old ransacked store room.

Stepping outside the room she sees a fallen tree and catches a glimpse of a tall four-armed creature stepping through a set of pried open once automatic steel doors.

[Yvette is show the "Forbidden Castle" segment through audio/visual projection]

Chelchis arrived in the room, and was met with the sight of. . . something. . . that the human scientist seemed to be finishing work on. "HUMAN. WHAT IS THIS CREATURE YOU HAVE CREATED?" The shrapnel cannon made its way into Chelchis's primary arms, though she didn't seem quite ready to fire on the thing, simply unsure. Not that the alien's body language was easy to read. . . The thing reminded her of something the Devils had been seen doing, not long before she was swept up in this strange scheme. Playing with ancient human machines they didn't understand, making it part of themselves and their Prime. Sacrilege.

Hirata turned slightly to face Chelchis and excitedly waved a human hand at them as a bit of a friendly gesture while her Backpack put the finishing touches on her most recent creation, "His name is Ichi! And don't worry he's harmless, I can't actually get him to think for himself yet, especially since Evelyn blew out his brains while he was still alive."

"I SEE." The blue lights behind the mask shifted slightly, as Chelchis looked over the thing again. A disconcerting creature, it was, but a fair degree less foul than other things she'd seen. "I WOULD HOPE IT WAS LESS THAN HARMLESS, AS IT DOES NOT SEEM USEFUL FOR ANYTHING ELSE." That red energy was concerning. It was likely not this SIVA, unless Hirata's world shared some deep connection with the world of the Machine-Stealers, but it reminded her of it. On a simpler level, it seemed there was something physically wrong with how it was constructed. "WHAT DID YOU DO WITH YOUR WIRING? CYBERNETICS NOT SUPPOSED TO SPARK."

"I'd like to think that he's more than harmless, he's just not killing anyone because I haven't ordered him to do that...," there was a hint of playfulness in her words as she finished with, "Yet." She then took a glance around her creation and extended one of her White Knight's hands out to test if there was an electric charge emanating from it, "And I actually don't know why it's sparking yet, could be the high power draw overtaxing the low voltage cables I used, could be something else. All I know is that I'm going to have to recharge it soon, which will be a problem." She seemed to be a bit taken aback for a moment as her white knight told her that the sparks produced neither heat nor energy, and while it certainly didn't show on her face, you could hear it in her voice as she said, "Well... that's strange, I think my equipment might be broken, it says that the sparks produce neither heat nor energy, which can't be true right?"

Yvette looked around the room and frowned. She moved away from the heaviest concentration of the mess so she didn't ruin her dress. "Jezzabella I haven't made any deal with any entities of late have I." She asked no one in particular as she moved some of the debris around with her foot. It may be a mess but it was a mess full of stuff she was unfamiliar with. "There was that one lady with the horned headdress and large raven Mistress." a voice sounded as a young lady in a maid outfit moved out of a darkened corner of the room. "Oh, right the old lady with the high cheekbones. She needed my help taking over other worlds, was it?." Yvette continued as she moved towards the exit of the room slow picking herself around the trash.

"That is correct Mistress. She did inform you that she would be sending you to meet other she had allied herself with shortly. This is most likely the result of that." The maid known as Jezzabella said as she followed behind Yvette. "That is true, would have liked a bit more of a warning though. I had just opened that portal in Honeygrove and would of like to see the..........results." Yvette slowed her words as she walked through the doorway into what looked like a garden of some sort with a fallen tree and spotting what she could only assume was a demon moving through doors on the other side.  "What is it, Mistress?" Jezzabella asked as Yvette stopped "Oh, nothing dear Jezzabella. There may already be a demon on the loose here. "

She said as she moved quickly through the room with the tree not paying to much attention to what else may be in the room though she did make a mental note to come back here if she could.  Whatever that four armed creature was it moved faster then Yvette and Jezzabella and she lost sight of it before she even made it to the doorway she could hear some voices coming from where she saw the creature heading to. So after having Jezzabella move into the lead the to heading towards the voices the sounds of both Jezzabella's boots and Yvette's high heels clicking down the hallway. Rounding the corner they noticed a gathering of people chatting amongst themselves the four armed creature among them. Yvette frowned and slowed down her pace the creature wasn't probably a demon given it interactions with the others in the group so she stopped a bit away from the group and waited until they either finished, there was a time for her to interject something or until one of the group acknowledged her presence something she made a bit more noticeable by tapping one of her heels on the floor in impatience. 

Something about seeing Hirata getting her hands on the mutant just didn't feel right to Shamhat. It echoed with memories that she had buried underneath unending adventures.

"I'd like to think that he's more than harmless, he's just not killing anyone because I haven't ordered him to do that...," there was a hint of playfulness in her words as she finished with, "Yet." 

She almost let a hint of despair out of her mouth, but she managed to hold it down thanks to the incoming distractions. She got on her two feet, and turned to princess who looked like she had walked out of a fairy tale just now. "Hey, you! You don't look like a cyborg... or a mutant like the one we beat up. Who are you?" She shouted at the new face across a distance.

The young lady in the maid uniform stepped out crust glaring at Shamhat "So your respect. Standing before you is the Lady Yvette Duchess of the Seven....ow." she begun to speak until Yvette moved behind her and gave a small tug on her tail. "Thats enough Jezzabella." Yvette said. "But Mistress they...." Jezzabella started to speak before Yvette gave her a look causing in to lower her head. "We are no longer in our world my titles are of no note." Yvette said before turning to look at Shamhat "I apologize for my dear Jezzabella she can be ridges sometimes but as she said I am Yvette and I do believe we have the same benefactor." Yvette said with the smallest of curtsy with Jezzabella following with her own deeper on.

Evelyn

"I don't need one" was Evelyn's response as she reholstered her pistol, "If you're so dead set on finding a 'worthy opponent', you'll simply accept that you'll come across one. I, however, will not stand by while a Beast is made stronger" she stated, glancing at Deadlift as she did so. However, when Hirata began getting to work on the corpse to "revive" It with her machines, Evelyn merely frowned, then sighed, "Fine. Keep that Beast alive if you wish. But keep it on a close leash. Or else." Evelyn threatened, and with that, took a few steps away, staring at Deadlift and Yoko out of the corner of her eye. She had overheard their talk of Deadlift's "growing technique". Something she would have to keep an eye out for, in due time. She did also notice the new arrival... But like before, she decided to let the person already speaking to them do the work. She wasn't a good talker anyway.

With another sigh, however, Evelyn continued on her way. She needed to step away from these people. Already, they were proving why she preferred working alone. So, with that, Evelyn goes to the unexplored room to clear her head for a bit, and maybe find something to kill that will stay dead.

Chelchis set about rewiring the circuitry in the rather hastily constructed cybernetics that animated the thing. It still made her vaguely uneasy, but she couldn't stand the poor work done on the thing, and hopefully stabilizing it would make it more useful in the fights to come. The energy it was giving off, while seemingly not related to the bad wiring at all, did seem fairly appealing, though. . . The new arrival prompted her to stand up from her work (having finished just as she walked in) and rise to her full height. "YOU STAND BEFORE CHELCHIS, BARON OF WOLVES." She looked the newcomer up and down. Another human, she noted with distaste, though the other smelled of something else. Something fouler, maybe, but at least it wasn't another human.

Jezzabella moves in between Yvette and Deadlift staring the large man down. "Where's your respect? My Mistress just introdu...." Jezzabella stopped talking as Yvette gave her another tug on her tail. "Jezzabella I already told you to behave yourself." Yvette chastised the maid causing Jezzabella to frown but continue to stare down Deadlift. 

Yvette moved to stand beside Jezzabella. "My name is Yvette and this is my dear Jezzabella my compliment so to say. And I am capable of many things but I believe that the skills that our benefactor mostly recruited me for are most likely my knowledge of the arcane and  demons." Yvette said to Deadlift before addressing the "Baron". "Ah a noble perhaps we could talk about our lands over tea at some point my Lord Baron." Yvette said to Chelchis with a small smile her eyes somehow seemed to be  looking down on Chelchis despite her being much taller.

"So a conjurer of cheap tricks.  How does knowledge of demons help us if there are no demons?"  Deadlift dismisses, the mention of demons increasing his interest and curiosity.  After getting his answer, he goes down the other unexplored room.

Edited by Hal Henderics

It was quite a shame really, that she didn't live in an Anime, because if she did there would be a rather distinctive flash and sparkle effect present in her eyes as she let out a little squee at the sight of an actual woman in a maid outfit, but alas she was stuck in dismal reality.... and the last time she tried to get her mask to do that she was blinded for the rest of the day. BUT ANYWAY.

Instead Hirata slowly turned around with what she hoped wasn't an overly serious look in her face... that was hidden by the mask, and awkwardly greeted the two of them with an overly serious sounding, "Hello there," as she stood up on tiptoes and waved the one hand that wasn't carrying Ody at the two of them.

"DO NOT SPEAK TO ME OF RESPECT, DREG." The four glowing points of Chelchis's eyes didn't seem to change (it was possible they couldn't), but they managed to hold a haughty malice nonetheless as the alien glowered at the demon before she glanced back at the magic user. The look of that vague dismissal that nobles were oh so fond of did little to lessen the latent hostility in the Baron's masked countenance. "YOUR UNDERLING HAS NOT FELT THE LASH ENOUGH. HOUSE WOLVES HOLDS NO LANDS NOW, ONLY TEETH AND DEATH FOR MACHINE-STEALERS. NOT HUMAN PLEASANTRIES."

Yoko crossed her arms and listened to the exchange around the new arrival for a while, before she finally let her opinion be known. ”Bah, underlings, the lash? You stand too focused upon hierarchies, I say, four-armed creature. I am impressed with how you willingly cast your title aside in dealing with us, new woman. But I want to know: are you capable of fighting? I am interested in your personal capacity to commit violence so long as you travel with this group. Too many already are incapable of it, it seems — though I have been pleasantly surprised by the girl with the pillow, even if she did only devastate so many of those hostile creatures with her weaponry.”

"AND YOU, HUMAN, ARE NOT CONCERNED ENOUGH WITH RESPECT. LETTING UNDERLINGS MOUTH OFF IS SIGN OF WEAKNESS. IF YOU ARE UNWILLING TO DISCIPLINE THEM, YOU INVITE STRONGER LEADER TO TAKE YOUR PLACE. SAME WITH DISCARDING TITLE. MEANS YOU ARE UNWILLING TO TAKE BURDEN." Chelchis made some equivalent to a "hmph," crossing one pair of arms. "NOT THAT I EXPECT SAVAGES LIKE YOU TO UNDERSTAND."

Deadlift snaps to Chelchis.

"What a cowardly point of view.  If you lose to some strong leader, it is because you are weak.  There are no titles or chastised servants that will change that."

"Perhaps the burdens carried by strength should not be carried instead by careful words and useless titles."

Yoko gave Chelchis a look crossed between amusement and disdain. "I believe you misunderstand me. I am not arguing that one must be soft on their underlings -- I am saying that your concern for respect is forced because of your dependence upon underlings. If you did not depend upon them in the first place, you would not have to worry about them respecting you lest you be replaced, hmm? I don't concern myself with "stronger leaders" because the only thing that I rely on to crush my enemies is myself -- my own ability to punch their ribs through their back. If I were to be obsessed with keeping minions in line to do my work for me, it would be because of weakness.

"Civilized" is just a word the weak use to explain their own dependence upon the very obligations that trap them and threaten them and made them weak."

"No demons you say?" Yvette said with a coy smile as she glanced at Jezzabella. "Well if no demons are around then you just make so they are around." Yvette said coyly as she turned and waved back to Hirata before addressing the Baron again. "She is only doing her duty to punish her for such a thing would be unfair and besides using a lash would ruin her lovely skin." Yvette said smiling. 

" This is not my world nor are any of you part of it my title is meaningless anyway so it would be pointless to throw it around where it has no clout. " Yvette explained to Yoko "And well fighting isn't exactly my strong suit but as long as at least Jezzabella is with me I can be of assistance in a fight." She finished with a smile. 

"You would have to be an incredibly strong psychic to open a portal to Demon World.  Even a portal the size of a fist would be nigh-impossible for any human alone."  Deadlift claims with intense interest and incredulity.

"If you can summon impressive demons, then there's really nothing for me to say, other than, perhaps 'Welcome aboard, and we're happy to have you'."