Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

15 minutes ago, Arys said:

I think they can beat Julia as long as they have evolved pokemon among theirs, but I'm not sure they can beat Florinia with it.

Pretty sure Nappy has the advantage when handling Florinia since he has a Monferno on him; he should be able to do some decent damage against her ace with the monkey as long as rngesus doesn't screw him over...

1 hour ago, Candy said:

Florinia's cradily man. If they're really going in blind, Idk how they'd beat that Ultimate Stall.

If they're paying attention they'll know Florinia's going to be using Cradily. It appears int he cutscene with Sirius, as does Julia's Electrode.

1 minute ago, wcv said:

If they're paying attention they'll know Florinia's going to be using Cradily. It appears in the cutscene with Sirius, as does Julia's Electrode.

These guys thought Victoria was a guy originally.

And Mo mistook Julia for a cactus.

They're not going to notice or remember those mons.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, DemICE said:

Also it is apparent they aren't reading comments at all or they would have done some things the people said... Like the event mons

they are actually Bulk Recording it because recording something with 5 people takes quite some planning

I wonder what other mistake's they'll make in future episodes...

Other than taking for granted certain pokemon, as well as not poking around in different places. One thing I'm certain they'll probably miss is the Growlithe from the Police sidequest + the egg pokemon they can get out of it all; your guys thoughts?

• Global Mods
5 minutes ago, Savo said:

I wonder what other mistake's they'll make in future episodes...

Other than taking for granted certain pokemon, as well as not poking around in different places. One thing I'm certain they'll probably miss is the Growlithe from the Police sidequest + the egg pokemon they can get out of it all; your guys thoughts?

Yea I think it's pretty unlikely they'll get mystery egg (maybe they'll still get growlithe though) but with how threatening toxic mist Corey is, it might be for the best

35 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

they are actually Bulk Recording it because recording something with 5 people takes quite some planning

Wait how does that work? They have recorded these long ago and are just releasing the parts on intervals ?

Just now, DemICE said:

Wait how does that work? They have recorded these long ago and are just releasing the parts on intervals ?

they most likely recorded it a few weeks ago to a week ago. the way they do this is by just sitting down for a long time to record with the 5 of them when their schedules actually link up

10 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

they most likely recorded it a few weeks ago to a week ago. the way they do this is by just sitting down for a long time to record with the 5 of them when their schedules actually link up

I understand why it is done like this but it still puts me off a bit because then the intros and the good byes are even more artificial, and there is no interaction with the viewers. 

Well considering nappy actually left a reply in the last video, maybe it was the last of the bulk recording... Or who am I kidding, they wouldn't align their schedules and meet up for only 3 hours of gameplay. 

• Global Mods

It might be quite different for penta-ops, but for soul links (which are also collap) they seem to record about a week at a time (so ~3 epsiodes) and not be all that far ahead in terms of backed up episodes.  and having a "weekly recording session" makes a far amount of sense as people are often free at similar times each week. like, as a total ballpark estimate, they might record episode 8-10 this weekend or something

1 hour ago, DemICE said:

I understand why it is done like this but it still puts me off a bit because then the intros and the good byes are even more artificial, and there is no interaction with the viewers. 

Well considering nappy actually left a reply in the last video, maybe it was the last of the bulk recording... Or who am I kidding, they wouldn't align their schedules and meet up for only 3 hours of gameplay. 

Well there's a few things that have to be in consideration as when you have 5 people that's 5 things that need to be edited together which even having a co-host is actually not that easy to do as it's then 3 things of sound you have to worry about. I'd imagine that they do the recordings in bulk since they can't all meet up and do this very easily (my guess is a 5-8 hour session even) and then take time to decide if a certain point is good enough before making a closing message before continuing. It'd make more sense this way as there's going to be so much grinding needed to make sure levels are up to date and all the mons are decent levels.

The other thing is that the bigger you get the more artificial you become bar a very, very small handful of big youtubers who actually manage to keep things a bit more personal. You've got hundreds of comments daily and it's near impossible to reply to many of them or even read them all. I actually think it's also smarter to go about it this way since fans...kind of end up spoiling some of the fun in video games. When you tell someone the answer or what to expect, it dampens the impact and overall impression of the game. It's like telling them an impossible battle is coming up. It's no longer exciting and a freak out because who expects a Garchomp to come in and cream you in a Pokemon game. I mean I do it with the run but I actually do like knowing what is a bit ahead so I can prepare and cover it over enjoyment in Rejuv. If it was about enjoyment or experience, I'd do the entire playthrough before uploading it as editing takes way longer (especially if you're me and screw up a lot).

Nappy stressed this a lot in the past.

They record 3 episodes at a time, and then they read the comments.

He's had to do this for this exact situation where people think he ignores the comments, which he doesn't.

Next episode they should've been able to read the comments and have hopefully picked up on the message that they are woefully unprepared 

5 hours ago, DemICE said:

Yes they would.

Playing with 5 people, most in different time zones, it makes it difficult to work things out. 

With Jay in North Carolina, Twit and Nappy in Arizona, Mo in Canada, and Nexus where ever he is, they need to find a day to meet up, play for a few hours, and manage their own content.

Nappy has pointed out multiple times how difficult it is to get 5 people to sit down for that long that frequently, and I'm pretty sure one of them has mentioned that they were playing at like 1 AM.

But this is how they've done things for the past 3 Penta-Ops. Record 3, read comments, record another 3 with the info from the comments.

5 hours ago, wcv said:

If they're paying attention they'll know Florinia's going to be using Cradily. It appears int he cutscene with Sirius, as does Julia's Electrode.

That, or if they bother to talk to the computer at the gym entrance (rip gym advice guy, you will be missed).

2 minutes ago, ZEL said:

That, or if they bother to talk to the computer at the gym entrance (rip gym advice guy, you will be missed).

Clyde the Guide may be gone, but he'll never be forgotten

3 hours ago, Arys said:

Who is this Clyde? Isn't Ame the one giving advices?

It used to be Clyde IIRC, but Ame replaces him with the speakers. Probably to keep people thinking about the character for her return to (and exit from) the main story.

Edited by wcv

15 minutes ago, uberle said:

Anyone else play Reborn while watching these guys play?

It's how I pass time hatching shinies.

Also anyone else feel like we should make a club at this point?

If you haven't yet, I suggest you get the Speed Breed mod so you can get shinies faster 😛

42 minutes ago, Candy said:

If you haven't yet, I suggest you get the Speed Breed mod so you can get shinies faster 😛

It's more satisfying to hatch them myself normally, and I usually get shines fairly often.

I'm doing this for collection purposes anyway.