Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

42 minutes ago, uberle said:

There is a rule known as the BS clause

Should there be a fight where losing doesn't white you out, and it's usually against a massively over powered opponent, then it is not considered losing.

BS clause is a scapegoat clause made to counter rare scenarios that happen almost never. I've only used it once mostly because I had a 4 hour grinding session and would have had to go through an 8 hour grinding session since I lost 4 mons in a single turn due to sever bad luck (damn you Dakim and your 4 crits). Personally, I'd count the impossible battles as deaths since they still fainted, but it's a non standard clause so no matter what it's a lose-lose situation.

I'm pretty sure if they wipe early they might end up just turning this into a normal run instead of cancelling it altogether. I'm not actually following it at all but I do find all the comments and how into it you guys are amusing. Nothing that happened here surprised me at all though. Reborn is not a grind friendly game and they will be spending a lot of off camera hours grinding which adds to fatigue and...you then have bad luck or a mon surprising them with strong it is knocks out a critical Pokemon adding to more grinding and fatigue. That's kind of where the issue is with Reborn's difficulty and not the actual game itself in terms of a nuzlocke. Reborn isn't as hard as people make it out to be.

If you side with Radomus tho, you have to beat dittoceus so idk how to count it as BS clause 🤔

Edit: oof I skipped over a chunk of replies lul ignore this smol candy

3 hours ago, ProjectIceman said:

Oh yeah, it does! It teleports you to that faulty healing machine underground.

And you cannot get out until you beat it IIRC.

I've also heard the BS clause invoked in situations where there's a regular Trainer, who just has six fully-evolved Pokémon, who all know Explosion. AKA situations where the devs are specifically out to ruin your day. But every major battle is out to ruin your day in Reborn, so I mean, there's that.

Also: there's nothing stopping them from grinding offscreen and then going back to the spot where they were by the time the next episode begins. They could even all force themselves to spend the same amount of time grinding (2 hrs max) or something, and then go back to their original position. Until now I think they've mostly just been dicking around, which is understandable since they're going in blind and playing with their friends. I think after Miniorgeddon though they're going to start taking it a bit more seriously.

(Probably still gonna wipe to Julia though, nothing prepares you for Julia if you're going in blind. I think that was the first time I wiped in my blind run.)

Edited by Giratina

1 minute ago, Abyssreaper99 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You guys spoke too soon about Ame being spared from Twit

Spoiler

While that is true, at least he didn't give her the sexy woman voice. She sounds normal except with more sexual references... It feels weird talking about this. xD

2 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:
  Hide contents

While that is true, at least he didn't give her the sexy woman voice. She sounds normal except with more sexual references... It feels weird talking about this. xD

Spoiler

Gosh darn it Twit! xD

• Haha 1

I don't know what to think of them putting the shiny clause to get extra encounters just that they do it only when they have less than 6 pokemon at the very least. I feel like it will be abused

nappys whismur suddenly beingly arrived triggered me but I bet it will die anyway this episode if it does I'm fine

7 minutes ago, nepeta100 said:

I don't know what to think of them putting the shiny clause to get extra encounters just that they do it only when they have less than 6 pokemon at the very least. I feel like it will be abused

nappys whismur suddenly beingly arrived triggered me but I bet it will die anyway this episode if it does I'm fine

They were trying to abuse it when waiting for Twit and Mo to catch up. 

At least they're taking the lp more seriously now though...

5 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

They were trying to abuse it when waiting for Twit and Mo to catch up. 

At least they're taking the lp more seriously now though...

mo was trying in this episode to get more mons  while twit finished story his mons were trained up all to 18 I doubt he was there for any other reason though he could be just doing it to trigger people

2 minutes ago, nepeta100 said:

mo was trying in this episode to get more mons  while twit finished story his mons were trained up all to 18 I doubt he was there for any other reason

I do think the shiny clause should be 1 per area otherwise it will get heavily abused.

Just now, wcv said:

Jay had a Zigzagoon that was level 18...

Why oh why did he not teach it mudsport?

how many people actually keep musport on their ziggies?

Just now, wcv said:

Jay had a Zigzagoon that was level 18...

Why oh why did he not teach it mudsport?

Well, they're playing a game they haven't played before and they prob still have that mindset of "Psh. Mudsport/Watersport are shit moves. Who would use that?" Haha. 😛

Just now, Wolfox said:

how many people actually keep musport on their ziggies?

I do when battling Julia. And did the first time through as well. Afterward no, but until that point its extremely helpful.

Edited by wcv

1 minute ago, wcv said:

I do when battling Julia. And did the first time through as well. Afterward no, but until that point its extremely helpful.

and what if you don't know about how hard Julia is without it, which they didn't.

Firstly: WHAT?!

Secondly: THE F*CK?!

Seriously Jay was so close to winning and then blew it.

And how is Twit

TWIT

The guy who lost over 3 boxes of mons in Insurgence ALONE not leading the failing charge?