X% Hype!!! [E18 Dev Discussion Thread]

Amethyst

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, revan193 said:

Hello. I'm new to this website and I was wondering, where do I go to ask questions about "Pokemon Rejuvenation"? It's been a while since it was updated and I'm worried...

We have an entire subforum dedicated to Rejuvenation that can be found here.

Don't worry though! The game is definitely still going though and there should be a new release somewhat soonish. 

• Global Mods
On 2/5/2018 at 2:37 PM, Alaris said:

Hardy will most probably use the Dragon's Den field. When Ame released it, she said it would be used in two gym battles. And we only have two leaders left...

Titania's gym used the Dragon's Den field for the Reshiram/Zekrom part. Ame said that two upcoming gyms would use it, but not necessarily that two gym leaders would use it.

6 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Titania's gym used the Dragon's Den field for the Reshiram/Zekrom part. Ame said that two upcoming gyms would use it, but not necessarily that two gym leaders would use it.

Well to actually add to this, Ame actually hinted to the Titania gym battle back in E15 or E16 announcing Dragon's Den. If you look back at the post, you'll see a line teased there that's found reading the signs in Titania's gym.

8 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

2 hours ago, Commander said:

Well to actually add to this, Ame actually hinted to the Titania gym battle back in E15 or E16 announcing Dragon's Den. If you look back at the post, you'll see a line teased there that's found reading the signs in Titania's gym.

Hmm if this is true then my hunch is that Hardy will actually use, the Rocky field if it isn't too obvious

I just looked at the rocky field and Hardy can be really powerful with it. Accelrock's base power becomes 90 (without STAB), huge for a priority move. Earthquake's BP is 225, plus rock STAB, plus maybe an additional ground STAB (depending on how STAB is coded for moves with 2 types). Stealth rocks take 1/4 of a pokemon's HP with neutral damage (so a Charizard would be Zero HKO...). Rock polish's effect is boosted so even slow pokemon will outspeed you. And I wouldn't be surprised if one of Hardy's pokemons uses Substitute and Sand Veil to dodge your moves and let you crash on the rocks

This isn't at OP as the fairy tale field or the underwater field, but still quite strong

4 hours ago, Imperial said:

And I wouldn't be surprised if one of Hardy's pokemons uses Substitute and Sand Veil to dodge your moves and let you crash on the rocks

Serra all over again.

If Hardy is using that field then it wouldn't be a bad idea to train some steels for the next episode (or maybe I'll use sub punch breloom if it's available next episode). 

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Amethyst said:

it's not intentional but zeraora's shiny directly gives me flashbacks to laser tag.

I've only done laser tag three times...and I still don't understand how the game works.

Hello

From what I understand, the story of Reborn is soon at an end. Considering how story-driven the game is, I'm anxious to hear if you have already got some stuff in mind in regards to what content we can look forward to doing post-story.

I assume there will be events for the legendaries; a battle tower-ish thing, maybe a battle island. The usual stuff. But have you got anything in mind that'll truly set the Reborn endgame apart from other Pokémon games, and perhaps offer greater replayability than what is usual in a Pokémon game? Anything that'll keep players playing on their current character rather than restart to relive the story?

I do apologize if this question is answered elsewhere, if you do not want to share the information, or if the lightbulb above your heads isn't on yet. :P

1 hour ago, Cantona said:

Hello

From what I understand, the story of Reborn is soon at an end. Considering how story-driven the game is, I'm anxious to hear if you have already got some stuff in mind in regards to what content we can look forward to doing post-story.

I assume there will be events for the legendaries; a battle tower-ish thing, maybe a battle island. The usual stuff. But have you got anything in mind that'll truly set the Reborn endgame apart from other Pokémon games, and perhaps offer greater replayability than what is usual in a Pokémon game? Anything that'll keep players playing on their current character rather than restart to relive the story?

I do apologize if this question is answered elsewhere, if you do not want to share the information, or if the lightbulb above your heads isn't on yet. :P

Other than legendaries, there's the nightclub which could be where gym leader rematches may happen

13 hours ago, Cantona said:

Hello

From everything mentioned in the E15 dev blog site thread and a whole lot of various other posts, Ame does have plans for a post game design which she even debated increasing the cap past 100 due to that. There was never talk about a battle tower or island or frontier though ever, but very likely there will be leader rematches who will use X-league styled teams (which likely will take place in the nightclub). For legendaries I can't really say how they will be now, but we all theorized some old doors everywhere that were axed lead to them which were really fun to find. I don't know what Ame's plans are for them now but they indeed will be postgame.

The most interesting thing mentioned is that Ame stated that she wasn't able to completely fill in all of the character storylines in the main story and has said she'd consider finishing them off in the postgame, but all of that is up in the air since Ame does have two other projects she wants to go into and work on as well as the infamous C&D looming around every corner. I can't actually say what will happen, but with 2 episodes left (this is the shorter of the two...I think), there's not all that much but to wait and see. E19 is the last planned episode. E18 will have one leader and E19 will have one leader and all the postgame content. Kind of weird thinking Reborn will be done and over in a year and a half from now.

I am curios of one thing ( and forgive me if it was asked in this thread before, I didn't checked all the pages, I'm half asleep as it is right now ) that might/might not be added into the game. As the game is like Emerald, as it says on the Pokemon Reborn page, I was curious if we'd have a secret base of sorts. 

In Emerald, you had to hunt these wall markings and use Secret Power to open them. In Reborn, I thought it will be incorporated later in the main story, as the secret base mechanic was pretty major ( for me at least, as I love decorating my bases with all the plushies, leaving only 1 space open to take one step ). I figure adding the code to make wall markings open, and to reset the old base if you open a new one is a bother. So, as a friend said in an old post of his, a good space could be the rail cart we get when we arrive in the Scrapyard, form Europa ( I got Taka with me when we got the cart, and as Taka is one of my fav Characters, I grew a little attached to the old rusty thing ) with another Department Store being specially focused on furniture and decorations, or upgrades such as expanding or at least repairing the thing.

I hope we will eventually get a fix on online battling and possibly some ladders.  I mean come on, entire online play subforum is about breeders and trading pokemon, we dont have any decidated battlers. 

3 hours ago, murloc_rampage said:

Now that we're 17 episodes in... I have to wonder what gave birth to the idea of 'Reborn'?

There was an online league where people could battle the gym leaders (as in the ones who are currently the gym leaders in game) with a team of their choice. Then someone suggested that it might make a good game and were going to do something, but Ame (who ran the league) decided she wanted to do it as she was experienced with RPGMaker. Some of the meteor characters were made via various other forms (a guy called Ice who still hangs out around here something was a big player if I remember correctly). Everything just developed from there.  

32 minutes ago, mde2001 said:

There was an online league where people could battle the gym leaders (as in the ones who are currently the gym leaders in game) with a team of their choice. Then someone suggested that it might make a good game and were going to do something, but Ame (who ran the league) decided she wanted to do it as she was experienced with RPGMaker. Some of the meteor characters were made via various other forms (a guy called Ice who still hangs out around here something was a big player if I remember correctly). Everything just developed from there.  

iirc someone got the idea of a comic about the gym leaders living in a city like reborn, then ame got reborn city

13 hours ago, murloc_rampage said:

Now that we're 17 episodes in... I have to wonder what gave birth to the idea of 'Reborn'?

As per the comments above, also keep in mind many of the in-game events happened in real life, or were inspired by such events. Suicide (Corey), amnesia after an accident (Amaria), custody battle (Radomus-Luna-El), etc. - there is a story and a real person behind each of these events. It is sometimes small, like the TV news about Amaria 6 - 0ing a certain opponent, or big, like a romance story. People who participated in all of this may tell you more, or you can search the forums.

12 minutes ago, example said:

As per the comments above, also keep in mind many of the in-game events happened in real life, or were inspired by such events. Suicide (Corey), amnesia after an accident (Amaria), custody battle (Radomus-Luna-El), etc. - there is a story and a real person behind each of these events. It is sometimes small, like the TV news about Amaria 6 - 0ing a certain opponent, or big, like a romance story. People who participated in all of this may tell you more, or you can search the forums.

Thanks for the info bro, it makes the game a lot more meaningful to me now that I know all this. ^_^