X% Hype!!! [E18 Dev Discussion Thread]

Amethyst

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Ame's abroad for a while so, while there's still progress going on, not much updating the devblog at the moment. But we're still moving forward, don't worry, stay tuned! (And I just finished the semester so hopefully AI progress can start moving again!)

10 hours ago, Marcello said:

Ame's abroad for a while so, while there's still progress going on, not much updating the devblog at the moment. But we're still moving forward, don't worry, stay tuned! (And I just finished the semester so hopefully AI progress can start moving again!)

Thanks for the answer. Congratz on the semester, dont forget to celebrate and drink up to the every passed exam. Gee, I'm glad all of this is behind me already. On the other hand, I must be addicted to suffering as I'm on the brink of starting another faculty.

20 hours ago, quanpro0 said:

Any chance to get a legendairy or mythical in the future of this game ?

All will be available eventually but you can already get Phione. Check the obtainable pokemon page up top to see what pokemon you can currently get in game.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Palpatine said:

I can't help but hope to finally see Scyther in the next episode. 
Been waiting for him since when i first found Reborn, which was episode 10 or 11 or something :'D

That’s facts boooooiiiiii

On 3/30/2018 at 8:18 PM, GreenDecidueyeArrow said:

Thanks for the update my dude @Marcello

(Also envious af that your semester has already ended)

Wait what. 

Spoiler

You have to restart for Reshiram and Zekrom??? i lost my save file a month ago and just yesterday finished the main storyline once again in the span of three months. i can't go a third? wtf? 

8 hours ago, Yundall said:

Wait what. 

Reveal hidden contents

You have to restart for Reshiram and Zekrom??? i lost my save file a month ago and just yesterday finished the main storyline once again in the span of three months. i can't go a third? wtf? 

Once episode 18 releases, I'll do two new runs with different pokemon. One of the paths will be Zekrom, other is Reshiram. I'd rather wait a bit b/c after episode 18 launches, it will probably be a long time before episode 19 releases.

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a random question but is there any chance of Victoria going back to having Emboar as her starter in Ep18? I know its kind of dumb but I usually like to analyze other npc's based on their pokemon teams relating to their personality. For instance Primarina seems to fit Cain pretty well on the surface but I always thought Emboar's known deep care for its friends matched Victoria's caring nature for others. At the same time I can see Incineroar reflecting the more aggressive nature she develops after losing Kiki to Team Meteor and being betrayed by Cal. 

• Global Mods

@EternalJinn

This may be a random question but is there any chance of Victoria going back to having Emboar as her starter in Ep18? I know its kind of dumb but I usually like to analyze other npc's based on their pokemon teams relating to their personality. For instance Primarina seems to fit Cain pretty well on the surface but I always thought Emboar's known deep care for its friends matched Victoria's caring nature for others. At the same time I can see Incineroar reflecting the more aggressive nature she develops after losing Kiki to Team Meteor and being betrayed by Cal. 

I feel like Snivy also fit Fern much better, and maybe if a 2/1 region split wasn't desired, Infernape could fit Victoria well. Fits the whole Dojo motif quite well

• Developers

I feel like Snivy also fit Fern much better, and maybe if a 2/1 region split wasn't desired, Infernape could fit Victoria well. Fits the whole Dojo motif quite well

the quote button didnt work so I'm quoting without the name. I agree with the snivy thing but Victoria still has a fighting like pokemon. Cain though he got the perfect mon for him since it becomes a fairy it definitely juxtaposes his poison vibe in a good way

45 minutes ago, smeargletail said:

the quote button didnt work so I'm quoting without the name. I agree with the snivy thing but Victoria still has a fighting like pokemon. Cain though he got the perfect mon for him since it becomes a fairy it definitely juxtaposes his poison vibe in a good way

ame is gonna have a breakdown if she reads the first sentence

i just dont understand why did he get a-marowak 

@ArcherEric  (Not trying to call anyone out just having trouble quoting)

I assumed Cain's Cubone and later Marowak had some relation to Cain's own relationship to his mother and his general older sibling/guardian tendency towards those who don't have anyone to look out for them such as Heather. Cubone literally wears the skull of its dead Mom so Cain could relate to his own issues of not having an existing relationship with his Mother and being on his own. Plus you can find Cubone in the Byxbysion Wasteland which is where I assume Cain gets the majority of his surplus mons from early game

Guest Relinquished

Primarina fits like a glove, to Cain. I gotta agree with Victoria's Emboar and Fern's Serperior; they were made for each other. 

Nice question. Will they get their old starters, back...?

We on about our rivals starters?

Cain: Primarina fits him being the fabulous boi that he is.

Victoria: I....

I don't know why she got Incineroar.

Emboar fit her a lot more given that she's trying to follow in the footsteps of Kiki, the fighting-type gym leader.

Fern: Snivy fits him ridiculously well.

The Snivy line always looks at you like you're below them

If that's not Fern I don't know what is

• Veterans

Emboar fits Victoria to a T. The fire typing to link with her admiration of Cal, the fighting typing that her status as Kiki's student demands and of course it's hidden ability; Reckless. If charging in with no plan isn't Victoria.png, I don't know what is.

@DreamblitzX, I personally think the Rowlet line fits Fern much better, since both Dartrix and Decidueye give off the "OMG I think I'm so cool" vibes whilst being sort of lame - just like Fern - whereas Serperior can be a genuinelly majestic badass.  

Regarding ep 18, I too, hope Supreme Leader Amenoke feels generous enough to give us Scyther since I needs muh Scizur.