X% Hype!!! [E18 Dev Discussion Thread]

Amethyst

I actually just finished a playthrough of Reborn using a custom team, and I took the Zekrom path. I'm doing another playthrough with a completely different team, and this time I aim to do the Reshiram path.

This Version actually made Lin more interesting. I actually want to find out what the connection between the MC and Lin is.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Radon said:

I wonder if Terra will return next episode. Very entertaining character. lol

She... was something. Some people found her funny, and some people did not. For me, she was a nice contrast from the dark, brooding atmosphere of Reborn. 

But I, honestly, would give attention to the more interesting characters, such as Lin.

Same here! I finished the Episode 17 with a full Dark Team as well as the Mega-Z Ring quest, a quite entertaining one. Also, it seems obvious that Lin needs the player to keep all the keys. But the reason why she doesn't hold them instead of us goes beyond my expectations for the moment. However, I would like to know who was Clarice.

Edited by Q-Jei

10 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

She... was something. Some people found her funny, and some people did not. For me, she was a nice contrast from the dark, brooding atmosphere of Reborn. 

But I, honestly, would give attention to the more interesting characters, such as Lin.

Aren't Terra and Lin step-sisters? And considering she is high in the ranks of Team Meteor and that i think at the end of episode 17 Samson says he can't find her in the computer anymore ( possibly because she escaped ) i think we will see her again in episode 18. That and Ame said that though it was unintentional, almost every character appears at least once in this episode.

On 5/21/2018 at 5:37 AM, Pozyher said:

Aren't Terra and Lin step-sisters? And considering she is high in the ranks of Team Meteor and that i think at the end of episode 17 Samson says he can't find her in the computer anymore ( possibly because she escaped ) i think we will see her again in episode 18. That and Ame said that though it was unintentional, almost every character appears at least once in this episode.

We'll even see the dead ones again?  If that's the case, then Corey's coming BACK in the house.

On 5/21/2018 at 12:37 AM, Q-Jei said:

Same here! I finished the Episode 17 with a full Dark Team as well as the Mega-Z Ring quest, a quite entertaining one. Also, it seems obvious that Lin needs the player to keep all the keys. But the reason why she doesn't hold them instead of us goes beyond my expectations for the moment. However, I would like to know who was Clarice.

Clarice is the name of the BreloomBot on Reborn's Pokemon Showdown server. I don't know if Clarice made it to the discord though.

Oh look, 62%.

If Lin gets her hands on all of the four keys, she is basically Thanos.  That said, I wonder if this episode is where everything ties in together, and everyone chooses a side.

On 5/20/2018 at 7:07 PM, ShadeStrider said:

Ah I see.

I read somewhere legnederies will be introduced post game. Would it be possible to have only one legendary encounter (before post-game) randomly regenerated with some crazy requirements so it wouldn't be easy to find them like probability 1 out of 1000 players* gets to be on the right spot at the right moment and even then legendary mon has high chance of escaping when its health drops below 70% or something like that. Plus absolute restriction on trading legendaries no trading at all.

* - maybe just make special copy of the game where every download 1001/random download number gets you copy of the game with one legendary encounter is possible.

My dream for Reborn league would be to make it online.

33c00450152001c4b572b56982735996.jpg

Will there be cell phone feature just like it was in pokemon gold/silver? Temporarily trainers are accessible in the Grand Hall for quick matches. It always cool to get some call from a Hiker he leveled up his geogdude. 

///Can we add battle stats to trainer section of the menu (one with money, pokedex and time)? Loses and wins and maybe draws (if possible) for trainers battles and wild encounters? 

Edited by zelazko
Updates updates never end.

@zelazko Boy, you ask a lot of questions. Well I'm bored so, let's see what I can answer.

On 6/2/2018 at 4:43 PM, zelazko said:

I read somewhere legnederies will be introduced post game. Would it be possible to have only one legendary encounter (before post-game) randomly regenerated with some crazy requirements so it wouldn't be easy to find them like probability 1 out of 1000 players* gets to be on the right spot at the right moment and even then legendary mon has high chance of escaping when its health drops below 70% or something like that. Plus absolute restriction on trading legendaries no trading at all.

First off, there already is a legendary Pokemon: Phione so we have that already checked off. I can't always see rhyme and reason for what Ame decides to do but that sounds a little bit too extreme and too much work. I know people really want a certain Pokemon and I've seen a few dozen (Ame probably has seen hundreds...maybe even a thousand...but who keeps count) and you just gotta be patient. Maybe you'll find a new Pokemon you'll end up loving more than a legend during the wait.

My dream for Reborn league would be to make it online.

A) There is a redemption league which is a spiritual successor to the Reborn League, B) There's no doubles online C) What is a triple battle? D) You'd need trainers to learn and use similar strats to those leagues as well as imitate the personas as well. The chances of Reborn League ever being similar to the way it was is so slim it's not even worth dreaming about. Yeah, yeah I built stuff in the past modding wise to serve as a substitute but history is history. Oh I forgot E) Most of the past people likely aren't even around anymore or in jail...or dead

Will there be cell phone feature just like it was in pokemon gold/silver? Temporarily trainers are accessible in the Grand Hall for quick matches. It always cool to get some call from a Hiker he leveled up his geogdude. 

///Can we add battle stats to trainer section of the menu (one with money, pokedex and time)? Loses and wins and maybe draws (if possible) for trainers battles and wild encounters? 

So you want to add a more efficient grinding method when there is an okay grind method in order to address the grind problem that Reborn has because you have to grind on certain trainers in order to progress. Am I the only one who sees the bigger problem here? And probably not because that's a lot of time to do something...that really just change the game at all.

Well while we're asking stuff from Ame

Petition to add a wild level 99 Bidoof outside the Grand Hall. Gotta have dem buff HM slaves.

On 5/25/2018 at 8:31 PM, Trevore said:

If Lin gets her hands on all of the four keys, she is basically Thanos. 

Lin: With a snap of my fingers I can erase all life from Reborn.

PC: Don't you mean half?

Lin: I know what I said.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:43 PM, zelazko said:

The cell phone feature would probably end up having hilarious dialogue from when some of the key characters would ring up. You would probably hear T3rr4's antics in the background of Ciel's calls or explosions within Julia's. Cain would probably end up ringing the MC flirting, thinking he was speaking to someone else, then realising and hanging up. Other characters like Shelly would probably just have somewhat normal conversations. Titania and Sapphira would probably end the cal quickly in a blunt way or just not answer. 

Sadly the call function probably won't be implemented into Reborn buuuut that's what modders are for~

4 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

The cell phone feature would probably end up having hilarious dialogue from when some of the key characters would ring up. You would probably hear T3rr4's antics in the background of Ciel's calls or explosions within Julia's. Cain would probably end up ringing the MC flirting, thinking he was speaking to someone else, then realising and hanging up. Other characters like Shelly would probably just have somewhat normal conversations. Titania and Sapphira would probably end the cal quickly in a blunt way or just not answer. 

Sadly the call function probably won't be implemented into Reborn buuuut that's what modders are for~

Actually I think Cain would call just so he could flirt with the player. Something also tells me he'd accidentally buttdial us while he's busy "having fun" with other people. A phonecall feature would also be useful for in-game though, like getting a call from someone right as something's going down meaning we have to run all the way somewhere to provide back-up. Player vs Team Meteor, Team Meteor's demanding a key we "don't have", suddenly Victoria calls -- "Cain said he gave you the Ruby Ring five minutes ago" OHGEETHANKS 

>69%

nice

On a more serious note, what are some expectations you guys might have for new mega stone availability in E18?

I could see many becoming available with the addition of Rock Climb but perhaps it might be ideal balance-wise to withhold some of the top tier ones after the Elite 4, such as Metagrossite, Salamencite, Lucarionite, or Gengarite. 

Then it becomes a question of where to draw the line? Some of the OU ones like Zard-X and Lopunny could potentially be too strong, but we already have access to Pinsirite which can be just as good in the right hands.

Personally, I'm really hoping for Gardevoirite and Altarianite 

45 minutes ago, TeamPlayerSwampert said:

On a more serious note, what are some expectations you guys might have for new mega stone availability in E18?

Probably:

Manectite - huge special attack and speed, but it doesn't have a lot of coverage outside of Hidden Power

Venusaurite - Doesn't have the same huge offensive stats as the other starter megas

(At first I thought maybe Sceptilite too, because it doesn't have a great special coverage, but it would be too OP against Saphira, since it outspeeds every other dragon pokemon and Dragon Pulse is boosted by the field effect).

Maybe:

Slowbronite - great special attack and monstrous defenses, but it's slow and has an useless ability. Also, Slowbro doesn't have natural access to Ice Beam.

Altarianite - not that offensively threatening without access to Earthquake.

Aerodactylite - really fast, but it's also really frail and has a lot of common weaknesses. It has a great attack stat, but it's nowhere near of the other physical mega evolutions. Although it might be Hardy's Mega

I'm also thinking the devs might let us have the mega stones for the legendaries just to troll us.

I wanna All mega-Starters (Priority to obtainable starters in the game with events) because I want to mega evolved the one that begin the adventure with me an Mega Ampharos  and more mega

Guest Relinquished

Can somebody shed some light, on 2 things alone?

a. Will all non legend, non mythic pokemon, be available at last, in 18?

b. Will all AI code updates be finalized, in 18?