X% Hype!!! [E18 Dev Discussion Thread]

Amethyst

Will testing last months? It's not like there's a full new Gen of mons coming out to try or anything... But, well, I'm not going to complain whenever it is

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

The AI... Will take a bit longer, probably; perhaps, something like 1 week...

By next week I'm guessing around Thursday/Friday sorta time rather than Monday/Tues. It's getting close now. When do you think the banner up top will change?

@Kithas, each wave of testing lasts roughly 2 weeks (this being the latter stages more than earlier stages). This is to ensure that the game is as polished as possible. As E18 is very heavy storywise, they need to ensure everything is all sorted and what not. I think the first stage of testing is when elite members of the dev team such as Ame and Inuki tests all the stuff they've done and apply fixes to bugs. 

Once the elite members of the dev team have done their testing, the rest of the dev team also join in, find and fix bugs. Then the supporters (previous ace members/patreon supporters) have their chance to find bugs for the dev team to fix. Then community release acts as a sort of final wave of testing (this is us being able to see it). Ame then releases it to the public after that.

Guest Relinquished
1 hour ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

By next week I'm guessing around Thursday/Friday sorta time rather than Monday/Tues. It's getting close now. When do you think the banner up top will change?

Middle of next next week, i imagine; but please, don't hold me on that...

5 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Middle of next next week, i imagine; but please, don't hold me on that...

I think that would be absolute earliest but I think just before the Supporters have their wave of testing will be closer to when it's released

• Developers

The last few percent of AI has stalled on account of my laptop breaking and there being many complications while I was trying to order a new one. After many trials and tribulations, however, I now have my new laptop, so I should be able to start finishing things off again today.

As for testing, it will take as long as it needs for us to stop finding bugs, at the end of the day. The main reason E17 testing took so long was the AI rather than Gen VII, we had more or less completely rewritten all of the Essentials AI code from scratch so there were a lot of places with potential to go wrong (and indeed a lot of places where it did go wrong!). While the scope of the AI updates for this episode weren't quite as grand because we had the framework already put in last episode and where building on and completing that, there still was quite a large amount of new additions, so time will tell how long testing will take.

36 minutes ago, Marcello said:

The last few percent of AI has stalled on account of my laptop breaking and there being many complications while I was trying to order a new one. After many trials and tribulations, however, I now have my new laptop, so I should be able to start finishing things off again today.

As for testing, it will take as long as it needs for us to stop finding bugs, at the end of the day. The main reason E17 testing took so long was the AI rather than Gen VII, we had more or less completely rewritten all of the Essentials AI code from scratch so there were a lot of places with potential to go wrong (and indeed a lot of places where it did go wrong!). While the scope of the AI updates for this episode weren't quite as grand because we had the framework already put in last episode and where building on and completing that, there still was quite a large amount of new additions, so time will tell how long testing will take.

Are you going to add the Ultra Necrozma and Ash greninja scripts or did you already add them? Good luck with testing and AI.

5 hours ago, kithas said:

96%... Nearly there... At this point the only thing I am worried about is if larvitar would be available at last... 

I'm 99% sure it will be. I would suspect Rock Climb will bring us to nearly everything that's cave-esque that we still have to go.

That 96% is somewhat frustrating. To me it's like "We're almost there, go up already". Then again, It always is during the 90% done stage.

In any case, I hope that we see more of Lin in this version. She desperately needs more screen time.

4 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

That 96% is somewhat frustrating. To me it's like "We're almost there, go up already". Then again, It always is during the 90% done stage.

In any case, I hope that we see more of Lin in this version. She desperately needs more screen time.

I'm pretty sure we will since Taka hinted at more Meteor bases in Carnelia(Have I spelt it right?). I think Sirius and Sigmund need more screen time too as we haven't seen either for a while. 

You know how everyone has been disappearing slowly but surely over the past few episodes? Do you think they've all been kidnapped by Meteor?

13 minutes ago, Trevore said:

What part did Taka say that?  I don't remember him saying that at all.

In the Reshiram route, he mentioned how there were more Meteor bases in the Carnelia part of Reborn (if you talked to him enough) but warned that they're really dangerous (or something along those this).

I think Anna and Noel are trying to shut down energy base near Calcenon, the same Saphira (I think) has tried to shut down going by the circus. 

11 minutes ago, kithas said:

I think Anna and Noel are trying to shut down energy base near Calcenon, the same Saphira (I think) has tried to shut down going by the circus. 

The thing about Saphira I definitely remember, or at least her going to investigate something but I thought the Twins had mysteriously disappeared and Cain went to look for them after Shelly & Heather left.

4 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

After being here for a very long time, I've learned to be very, very patient with Reborn episodes. E16 had that long delay due to health problems, E17 had AI bugs like crazy, and everything after Episode XIII had really long developing times. Ame is probably ahead of Marc so there's nothing that really can be done if Marc has exams or is too busy on a certain week to finish. (Please don't rush, Marc). It'll happen eventually. On the scale Ame works at, she works surprisingly fast...especially considering what the desert looks like.

As for Lin, I'm not really sure if we'll see her, but we'll certainly being a few faces we haven't seen in a while. I have an idea what half the episode will be like, but I just can't predict what way the other half will go.

It's true there are a lot of people we didn't ear from for some time now. I would love to see terra coming back or even radomus which just went to do something after the attack on his gym (god only knows what) or even El (well I don't really want to see his face again but we know he'll have to come back at some point one way or another).

Who do you want the most to see again?

1 minute ago, vava4429 said:

It's true there are a lot of people we didn't ear from for some time now. I would love to see terra coming back or even radomus which just went to do something after the attack on his gym (god only knows what) or even El (well I don't really want to see his face again but we know he'll have to come back at some point one way or another).

Serra. You ONLY see her when you go for Gym Badge and then BAM! No more of her. And I wouldn't mind seeing Shade some more.

Just now, J-Awesome_One said:

Serra. You ONLY see her when you go for Gym Badge and then BAM! No more of her. And I wouldn't mind seeing Shade some more.

Well i didn't find Serra that important but why not and I think Shade is quite important with all those death scenes we saw in his gym.

Also, just to see if i'm not wrong, the elite 4 at this point should be heather (maybe dragon or flying type), El (normal type ?) ,Bennett (bug type) and Anna ( Psychic I think ? ). Am I right? 

3 minutes ago, vava4429 said:

Well i didn't find Serra that important but why not and I think Shade is quite important with all those death scenes we saw in his gym.

Also, just to see if i'm not wrong, the elite 4 at this point should be heather (maybe dragon or flying type), El (normal type ?) ,Bennett (bug type) and Anna ( Psychic I think ? ). Am I right? 

But that's why I want her back in. Almost EVERY gym Leader has a role in this except her. She needs to do something so she will become important.

I'm pretty sure that's what it seems like it's going to be. Unless Anna gets killed off. She and Noel get kidnapped.

1 minute ago, J-Awesome_One said:

But that's why I want her back in. Almost EVERY gym Leader has a role in this except her. She needs to do something so she will become important.

I'm pretty sure that's what it seems like it's going to be. Unless Anna gets killed off. She and Noel get kidnapped.

That might seem strange but if she get killed, I hope Noel will get killed too so that is badge don't work anymore and we have another gym battle to do. That's a bit sadistic and mean but well gym battles are fun.

20 minutes ago, vava4429 said:

I've said this before but I can imagine Serra will be making a return to deal with Bennett. If Radomus returns, there's a 90% chance that G. Gardevoir and Luna will too. Aya, Hardy, Florinia, the Twins and Cain are people I hope to see again (tbh I need more of Cain's innuendos in my life). Saphira and Charlotte will probably be in the episode too. 

Also the only leaders that will die are the leaders that died on the online league as the game is inspired from that (those that died have already been shown in game).

Serra's probably gonna be looking for Bennett to punish him for the shit he's doing.  She certainly didn't raise him to be a little creepy bastard.

Also, is there even a Meteor base in Aventurine?  There is at least one in every part of the Reborn region, but I don't think we've come across one in Aventurine.  Unless you count the Circus...  Either the Glass Workshop and suspicious house are in Aventurine, or they are in Carnelia.  From what Take is implying, that base is most likely in Carnelia, seeing as you can get there from Route 4.

Who knows, maybe there will be another Meteor base in Agate City itself.

1 hour ago, vava4429 said:

That might seem strange but if she get killed, I hope Noel will get killed too so that is badge don't work anymore and we have another gym battle to do. That's a bit sadistic and mean but well gym battles are fun.

I don't think that's how it works. The Badge is only invalidated if it's given to you after the gym leader dies. It's still valid if it was given to you before the gym leader's death.

12 hours ago, Trevore said:

Serra's probably gonna be looking for Bennett to punish him for the shit he's doing.  She certainly didn't raise him to be a little creepy bastard.

Also, is there even a Meteor base in Aventurine?  There is at least one in every part of the Reborn region, but I don't think we've come across one in Aventurine.  Unless you count the Circus...  Either the Glass Workshop and suspicious house are in Aventurine, or they are in Carnelia.  From what Take is implying, that base is most likely in Carnelia, seeing as you can get there from Route 4.

Who knows, maybe there will be another Meteor base in Agate City itself.

I would count the Tanzan Mountain one as both Adventurine and Chrysolia as it runs along the border between both.

EDIT: 97, Not long til 100