[Day Four - THE REBELS WIN] Mafia: A Star Wars Story

Alistair

I wasn't imprisoned either. Imo it's difficult to pinpoint the WS because there are several possibilities as to why the recruiting failed, so I think we should move to a more important discussion on finding the imperials.

As much as Venus tried to act as mafia to get himself lynched, he turned out to be a member of the town. As I observed from the voting, I find those who voted for abstaining are more suspicious. Mafia knew Venus wasn't part of them and they could also have known he was the Dark Trooper, so they might have chosen to abstain in fear of possibly being targeted by mafia.

Right now, the one I suspect most is Lord Drakyle - he seems to subtly redirect town in his posts and he's also playing neutral again, though imo it's part of his gaming style

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Alphagar because the odds of two parties choosing the same person are much larger than the odds of the third party getting jailed.

and to all the town folk i do believe we have a unique opportunity to team up with the sympathizer and get the mafia cause the jailer can keep that ability locked down and kill him later or else we lose 2 votes against the mafia

and since i am certain he is a mafia i will vote

[eliminate] Lord Drakyle

We can't assume that the jailer knows who the sympathizer is. Like I mentioned in my previous post, the jailer could have imprisoned the sympathizer's target, or the sympathizer could have attempted to recruit Shadow. The priority chain puts "rebel kill" ahead of "sympathizer", so I think it's fair to say that if that happened, Shadow would be killed without being converted and the sympathizer would fail in their attempt.

Four imperials are dead already. The sympathizer has gained one recruit. That means there are 3-4 rebels and 7-8 imperials remaining. If we lynch another imperial and the sympathizer happens to recruit another, our numbers will be down to 5-6. We can't afford to spend our time throwing around emotional, unsubstantiated accusations. That's why I want to gather some hard facts before we make our next decision.

@Jace Stormkirk I noticed two things about your last post. The first is that you seem certain that the jailer has identified the sympathizer. The second is that you failed to tell us whether you were imprisoned last night. Is there some reason you're avoiding that question?

@Myrmidon Divergent @Jace Stormkirk If you believe me to be a Rebel, I don't hold it against you, my neutral way of acting in these matters does tend to make me the suspicious type easily, though I must say, knowing I am a member of the Galactic Empire, I would like to know Jace, how you can be 'certain' that I am a Rebel?

@Eviora You statistical view on this matter is a nice one to see, problem is, with the lack of proof of people's roles, lack of trust and lack of useful info provided by those who admitted their roles, hard evidence is a very difficult thing to find.

Seeing how it has been brought up 4 variations in how the Wookie Sympathizer failed I retract my statement on searching for the Bounty Hunter who jailed someone, it is likely to only make them a target and with it may only result in us not finding the WS, so getting some of the Rebels would be a good start at least to hope for. If the bounty hunter is capable of jailing the same person twice in a row I would figure them jailing their same target this night would either Jail the WS stopping them converting or if it isn't the WS they jail then said WS might have to really consider is it worth converting someone knowing it may tell us a lot more about what stopped them last night.

@Eviora well stating i got jailed puts a target on my back for either the town to vote me off or for the mafia to kill me and everyone saying they did not get jailed helps the mafia find the ws and get two kills in one night again but being put in jail at least keeps me from getting killed from the mafia so if the jailer wants to keep me in jail then i say keep it going. also i was going off of statistics with my statement

@Lord Drakyle i care not about how you play neutral. i care that you have a night action that can catch a criminal red-handed (only thing more incriminating is to be the ambassador and not get killed the next day but someone else did) the fact that you are still alive baffles me unless you are a mafia member

Fair argument, either Mafia doesn't believe im scout for whatever reason or they want me to be suspected, either way doesn't matter much to me as long as things go well for the Galatic Empire when all ends then any fate that befalls me doesn't matter

So, in order to have some level of discussion, what are your reads on people right now, guys?

Here are my reads for now:

Lord Drakyle: Scumlean, been kinda too neutral and seeming to redirect discussion away; also, the scout claim could be a ploy to earn trust, but he could also be town

Eviora: Townlean, so far been contributory and responsive

Purplecicada: Scumlean, inactive but I seem to find her suspicious because she's hardly putting any effort into her posts though might be that she doesn't have much to say

Megagun: Scumlean, been mafia too many times that I find it suspicious how he pops in once and pops in later near the end of the phase so as to blend in

Paul25: Scumlean, that last vote that hit the hammer on Lord Drakyle was imo suspicious

Others: Neutral, hasn't said much to indicate alignment

Digital Amber and Refty365: Neutral, but weirdly quiet...

About 26h left in this day phase.

So far everyone has posted at least once except @Greninja. Most of you have posted 2 times or more already.

The only vote is against Lord Drakyle (from Jace Stormkirk). As a reminder, 7 votes are needed to lynch someone on this day phase.

Last warning to @Greninja. If you fail to meet the 2 posts requirement, you will be automatically eliminated when Day 2 ends.

@Myrmidon Divergent I think everyone is suspicious, even you, I can't understand how you roleclaimed so early (the same goes for our other host)

Anyway as I see it there are only 2 possibilities or the wookie was imprisoned or was his target. From the phase text the action failed (so the wookie wasn't inactive) and if he or she chooses shadow then he would have been converted and right after that killed

An I right @Alistair? I mean the last part about the priority

@Anti_Hero You can't just dismiss everything though by saying everyone's suspicious. Mafia isn't only about finding suspicion in one, it also includes trying to find people whom you can trust and going from there.

Anyway, to answer your question, I wouldn't have roleclaimed early if I had not been threatened to do so. IMO roleclaiming was the only good way to ensure I survived, so I chose to do that even if it was risky. Turns out it didn't quite benefit the town because the Town Pilot was hit.

To further that, it remains to be seen that I'm certainly town because my claim remains uncontested and it remains a role that can only be town.

@Lord Drakyle Aye, so I'd like to ask to ask you this, who do you think is town and who do you think isn't?

@Greninja Any other comments regarding the game?

@Myrmidon Divergent Well im not entirely sure but i'll try to tell you people who seem to stand out to me:

Jace Stormkirk - So in Jace's case yes he raised valid reasons to suspect me but he claimed to be 'certain' when all he raised was reasons to feel the possibility was likely when rather as I already pointed out, other potential possibilities exist and his call for a lynch was so early compared to others who still feel they want to know more before they decide, essentially he seems rather hasty in his choice to want me lynched rather than seek an explaination or offer a chance at one before making his mind up. Final Thought - Somewhat suspicious

Eviora - A newcomer to the game who seems to have closely analysed the statistical side of things and seems to be really considering just how much we have to lose. Final thoughts - Somewhat trustable

Greninja - Unsure of since he only just got here but instead of any input of his thoughts he just nope'd back out as soon as he posted, it leads me to feel he is trying to be one of those people who bounce in the minimal times they need to be unnoticed and difficult to read anything from. Final Thoughts - Reason for suspicion

Alphagar - Minimal input combined with minimal appearance makes me feel like they warrant being questioned directly in order to get a better read on them. Final thoughts - Leaning into suspicious

Myrmidon Divergent - So, you yourself claimed a rather important role in the game, you also seem to be alive still just like me, same boat with how Jace put it but no one contested you on the role or called for lynch on you saying they were the real one with the role, however you do seem to recognise when people are acting and when people are just being themselves as well as have an eye for those who are mostly absent. Final thoughts - rocking on a cliff tip between Trustworthy and Suspicious (every new post seems to tilt it from one end to the other rather than just not giving anything to start tilting it either way)

Anti_hero - Seems trustable enough, they show actual concern for the welfare of the Empire and was reasonably worried about the early role claims. - Final thoughts - Trustable

Megagun - Seems to just..follow...the crowd and doesn't really give his reasons or thoughts openly to explain what leads him to thinking something or deciding something. Final thoughts - Suspicious

Paul25 - I'm curious about him, he claims he missed a chance last night to get information...what kind of information? If they were a Spy then information would surely reach them though maybe he didn't get information he wanted? if he was commander maybe he didn't get a visit from anyone that would tell him anything interesting, ambassador maybe he missed a chance to visit someone? If not any of them then was he soft claiming to be a scout? I know i'm a scout so I know he can't be that but I can't quite get a fix on what he seemingly soft claimed to be @Paul25 Mind sharing what kind of information you was trying to get last night if not your claimed role? Information of all kinds would help right now so knowing what information you was after would help. - Final thoughts the force is strong in this one I cant quite get a solid read on him, his next answer though will likely give me a lock on how I feel about him

@Myrmidon Divergent I am only suspicious about you because how things were at the start, I wouldn't have voted for you but instead on Venus as I did... And to say the truth you said a role that wouldn't like to counterclaim you, (if you lied of course) since it's a powerful role no one would want to put themselves at risk. Of course after just one day that you assume the lynch we would know if you said the truth.

Anyway I choose to trust you. Still I found your actions strange and I will keep some mistrust for the following days

It seems we have 2 persons who find some people suspicious? Do you want to state a specific person try and prove his innocence. And some people tend to be a bit suspicious when they have roles such as doctor... So it is a double edge sword

I suppose I'll share my thoughts about everyone, too.

-Myrmidon Divergent: I feel confident Dive began the game as the actual Sith Lord since his roleclaim has remained unchallenged. However, I can't help but find two things suspicious. Firstly, he seemed completely willing to sacrifice himself to Venus. At first, I thought Venus had some sort of grudge, but it appears he was just a troll. Still, I wonder whether Venus trolls every game. If not, and if I were in Dive's position, I would have been more concerned. Secondly, he completely failed to mention Jace (among others) in his analysis of other players thus far. Together, these facts lead me to believe it's possible he was converted on N0 and was adamant about voting against Venus to avoid revealing his inability to judge. So... if I had to guess, wookie convert.

-purplecicada: I went back through the thread to look at what everyone has said so far, and it doesn't seem purple has said much. That's somewhat suspicious to me, since, were I mafia, I would probably try to lay low, too.

-Lord Drakyle: They correctly called out that I made no movements on N0, so I'm inclined to believe they are genuinely the Scout. The questions is whether they're Imperial or Rebel. I'm slightly inclined to lean Rebel, but their survival could just be explained by the fact that the Rebels chose another target - our Sith Inquisitor - to kill instead.

-Jace Stormkirk: I'll be honest here. I'm almost 100% certain Jace is the wookie sympathizer. Based on what I know of psychology, his initial refusal to answer questions relating to his imprisonment and subsequent response that was tantamount to a confession, and the sureness he expressed that the sympathizer was screwed before we even brought the topic up, I don't think there's much room for doubt here.

-DigitalAmber: He's spoken a bit more than purple, but hasn't revealed much information. He could have a role such as battle droid that doesn't help gain information. I currently have no reason to suspect him.

-Anti_Hero: I feel about the same way about Anti_Hero as I do about Digital.

-Refty365: Another fairly quiet player; I am slightly suspicious.

-Greninja: I have no idea on this one. His long absence could just be a product of real life business or an elaborate ploy to lay really low.

-Paul25: His comment about failing to acquire information is suspicious. I think it calls for a role reveal.

-Megagun: I don't think it's sound logic to assume someone is mafia just because they were in many past games. Still, that end-phase  behavior is noteworthy. I'm slightly suspicious.

-Alphagar: I feel about the same way about Alphagar as I do about Digital.

-Snowy Amine: I feel about the same way about Snowy Anime as I do about Digital.

Overall, I don't think we have any solid information on the rebels yet, but my suspicions regarding the wookie crowd are pretty strong.  I think the question is not whether Jace is the sympathizer, but what we ought to do about it.

@Eviora I'm unique, so you shouldn't feel about me the same as digital and the others :(

Jokes aside, I won't reveal my role and of course I say I am town. I don't have any information to add, if you think that dive is a converted then how about we don't vote? This would prove if you are right or wrong 

These are my comments:

Ugh...I regret for not having been gotten the chance to visit anyone.

I'd be in the top list of getting lynched next night or being converted into a neutral role.

Anyways, I feel that I will just roleclaim as of now which might be removing possible suspicions about me.

So, I was about to visit purpleicada and know what their role is.

The first night I've had visited Dive and he is confirmed to be the Sith lord.

That's enough NAs from my side I guess or maybe not....

Those info. doesn't really helps in any way Unfortunately... :{

@Anti_Hero That's certainly one test we could use, but it's not the best one. I suspect Dive of being the wookie convert, but I'm far from certain. If I'm wrong, then I guess your suggestion would work just fine, provided Dive makes a good choice as judge. But, if I'm right, we'll be lynching no one today despite having a good idea of who the sympathizer could be.

I propose the following instead. @Jace Stormkirk tell us your role. If Dive is not your convert, then I guess you can just claim whatever the actual convert's role was. But if Dive is your convert, then you can't claim his role, since he already claimed it himself. In that case you'll have to claim a role that someone else already holds.

If Jace refuses to answer or claims a role held by someone else, then it all but confirms my theory. From there, one option available to us would be to lynch Jace and take his convert with him. If Jace claims an uncontested role, then Dive will look a lot more innocent, but frankly, my suspicion of Jace himself won't waver. The evidence against him is considerable at this point.

@Paul25 I don't think you explicitly role claimed. Are you saying you're the ambassador?