[Day Four - THE REBELS WIN] Mafia: A Star Wars Story

Alistair

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I recall, Jace even declared last day phase that he was captured.

I will admit that this somewhat explains Dives willingness to claim Sith Lord.

Furthermore, there are a few theories as to why the rebels failed. 1st has already been stated, they went after Jace. But what if they attacked someone the medic protected? Or they attacked the Battledroid?

@Megagun it's definitely possible that Jace wasn't the mafia's target. It just seems most likely to me that he was. Unless they were attacking at random, I don't see why they'd go for the droid, and I don't think there are many players currently suspicious enough to be simultaneously targeted by the mafia and the medic. The only one who got many votes last night was Jace, and by extension, Dive. I suppose I must appear suspicious to more people than just Anti_hero, too, but as far as I know no one targeted me. 

at this point there really is only one way for me to live longer. when i die dive will die also then someone else will die by the mafia that will be 3 deaths in total. 

if you keep me alive you got 2 votes to use against the rebels and only one died to mafia and i can not be a threat to anyone as long as you keep on jailing me.

this decision that is yours to decide

@Anti_Hero @Eviora @Alphagar 

As irritating as it is to admit it, Jace does have a point: If we eliminate the wookies, we'll have to play just about perfectly after that to win. But I'm not as convinced that the mafia will fail to kill someone on N3 as he seems to be. The question is whether the mafia knows who the medic is. If the medic is part of the mafia, or the mafia knows who the medic is, the medic cannot save anyone and I will probably die. If the medic does protect me, though, I will use my capture ability to protect someone else I feel I can trust. In that case, there's some chance we can block their kill. Obviously, the medic absolutely should not role call, and I leave it up to them to decide whether or not to protect me. It's possible that, even if they don't, the mafia may hesitate to target me if they think that's a likely outcome.

But I digressed: the other concern is whether or not there's really any reason to spare the wookie faction. Jace suggests that, if we let him live, he'd be effectively working with the town, but I'm skeptical of that. If I happen to die, no one would be jailing Jace any longer, and he would be free to recruit. He might take a member of the town, further diminishing our numbers. If he does, he would be effectively dividing us, which works in the mafia's favor. And, then, once we are sufficiently fragmented, a single shot would finish off Jace's entire faction. That could easily end the game on the spot.

You could plan to kill Jace asap if something happens to me, but if you do that, you'll have to use up another Day lynching him. Then the mafia would likely get a kill at night, leading to not three but four consecutive "town votes" lost.

In either case, it seems to me that leaving the wookies be would just play into the mafia's hands. Beating them will certainly be difficult, but it is possible, if we play very well. Therefore, I'm still inclined to want rid of the wookie faction. However, before making a final decision on this, I would like to hear more input from others.

Eh, well, since Jace has already revealed, there's no point trying to deny that I'm his sole recruit.

@Eviora

You raise a fair point, but we are definitely working for the town's favor. It's impossible for us to win because town can lynch us anytime and even mafia could snipe us anytime. That said, we plan to make the most of our abilities.

Right now, with us out of the possible mafia, that leaves 10 people and 4 mafia to look for. 

Among these, these are my current reads:

Eviora: Hard townread (good contributions; slim chance of being mafia because mafia is heavily likely to target Jace last night and I see no reason for Eviora to jail him if she was mafia)

Purplecicada: Null (Quite inactive, but if she were mafia, I'd think she's more likely to be able to post the requirement)

Amine: Scumread (Has been consistently posting, but posts bear little to no contribution and that vote yesterday seems iffy)

Anti_Hero: Slight townlean (Has been contributory and seems genuine to me)

Refty365: Slight townlean (Same with Anti, although less active)

Lord Drakyle: Slight scumlean (I feel that it's really weird that there's hardly been any results for scout, feels like he's just using it to remain under the radar)

Megagun: Slight scumlean (His posts seems weird somehow, not sure but that's the vibe I get)

Digital Amber: Null (Inactive thus far)

Alphagar: Null (Inactive thus far)

*Either could be mafia though, trying to blend in and lay low.

That said, [Eliminate] Snowy Amine

Best lead I got so far

I been using my ability as a scout but problem is I just had no luck getting any hits on people who are moving about, something my death would not only reveal is that I am part of the empire but also the scout and I cant exactly say Who should I spy since they would just stay away from visiting people then which gets us nowhere so I have to guess who I think I should follow, I chose to follow Alphagar at they seem to hardly talk or contribute much of anything but that turned up nothing. That said we seem to be forgetting the possibility of the medic being part of the mafia which would make any plan of utilizing them to maintain against mafia incredibly difficult.

I am just going to say this @Myrmidon Divergent do you remeber the wolves and vampire mafia? Jace is doing the same here, I wont follow that.

Here is what happens, Eviora has to constantly keep jace at bay, or he will recruit more people, this leaves eviora vulnerable, the medic has to protect her every night, this means that we lose the power of 2 roles

On contrary if we kill jace, and dive dies too, we lose only one power to use every night

@Anti_Hero I'd like to remind you that the circumstances are different this time. He kept on denying being mafia that game while here, he's claiming now because there's no chance of winning.

Recruiting someone doesn't help our cause in any way anymore as we're vulnerable to anything. I have no intentions of supporting the mafia right now and neither does Jace, so we're willing to live a bit more just to support the town.

@Lord Drakyle You raise a fair point. Alphagar has indeed been silent and hasn't placed much to the table. I'm still suspicious of you, but I'll give you town credit for that.

@Refty365 @Paul25 Your results for last night?

@Eviora What was your move Night 0?

@Amine Chankey3ft7 Might want to claim?

Sorry for the late response—I found that I did have the ability to disable Drakyle (which I didn’t do), so I think it’s reasonable to presume that he’s scout. But, that doesn’t mean we can necessarily trust him (not saying that I don’t, just that it’s something to consider).

I’m glad we figured out who the applies are, but I don’t think it is safe to leave Jace alive/unjailed, so I wouldn’t recommend it (as long as we do one, we’ll be fine on that end). 

I don’t have any ideas on who to lynch (I’d rather leave Jace alive to use the wookies alive for more town votes, but that could be dangerous if Evi dies one night and allows Jace to convert more wookies, so not too sure what exactly to do with him), but I do want to point out one more time that Evi could still be mafia—I doubt she is, but if she is, it would be a legendary play for the mafia (abstain from killing, making it look like they tried to kill Evi’s prisoner, setting her up as a member of a different party, while also having her give a facade of overwhelming innocence). There is one thing that ought to be considered—if Evi is innocent, then I would be suspect of those who were like “oh wow Refty’s theory about Evi could be right”, because it would dumb of them to not try to take advantage of an opportunity to eliminate the one who is arguably their biggest threat—again, I’m too lazy to go back to see who said that (typing on my phone still), but somebody should go check who said that—if Evi is innocent, then I’d bet money at least one of the people who tried lobbying for my theory is mafia. 

Thats all I have to say for now—I can probably come comment more in a couple of hours.

@Refty365 I agree that you guys should remain wary of me since I have no hard proof of my innocence. That said, it's strange that you phrase that in a way that might direct blame at anyone who shares your misgivings, and that, in turn, makes me more suspicious of you.

That said, since no one has offered any good reason to trust the wookies that I hadn't already addressed in my earlier post...

[Eliminate] Jace Stormkirk

Evi, I’m glad you’re open to what I’m saying.

What I mean with my suspicion of those who agree with me on that is this: if an innocent person suggested that another (important) innocent person could possibly be mafia, then the mafia would be dumb to not even try to make that idea gain more traction—does that make more sense? I realize it sounds kind of counterintuitive to express doubt about those who agreed with an idea of mine (that idea being that you’re not infallible and are in some sense suspicious for appearing so innocent), but it’s something I realized while typing out my last comment (i.e. that at least one of the people who were like “oh yeah guys maybe Evi is mafia” is in fact mafia—if you’re innocent, which you probably are). I hope I’m communicating clearly enough, because I don’t see any problems with the logic of my thinking.

And Evi, I’m not directing “blame” at people, I’m directing “suspicion”—there’s an important difference.

I’m honestly going to abstain from voting (at least for now) because I’m really not sure what I should do (lose two votes for town, or potentially have to contain a wookie outbreak).

@Refty365 Well, what made me most suspicious is the following scenario: Suppose I am killed and revealed to be innocent. If you were mafia, you would then want to direct suspicion toward another townie to try to have them lynched. Your post, which basically invites people to become targets in that scenario, feels to me like setup for the future. It feels like you're trying to lure out your next target. I could be completely wrong about that, though. It just seems weird to say people might be suspicious for saying exactly what you're saying.

Halfway point, team.

Half of you have completed the posting requirement for the day, the other half not yet. Not listing all the names because I'm a lazy bum, and you still have time anyway :P

So far we have 1 vote for Amine (Myrmidon Divergent) and 3 votes for Jace Stormkirk (Eviora, Megagun, Anti_Hero). 7 votes are required to lynch someone. Remember to get all your votes in before the phase ends, please.

Edited by Alistair
I'm blind and I can't count to 3