[Day Four - THE REBELS WIN] Mafia: A Star Wars Story

Alistair

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't have that much time left during day 2, and I'll probably be in bed 6 hours from now, so I'm going to tentatively start the vote. If you want to show me I'm wrong, respond before then. I expect people to try to "refute" me with alarmist posts centered on emotional manipulation while I'm asleep. Don't let those sway you. Those with strong objections to my reasoning shouldn't have any problem with confronting me while I'm still around.

[Eliminate] Jace Stormkirk

@Eviora

"Myrmidon Divergent: I feel confident Dive began the game as the actual Sith Lord since his roleclaim has remained unchallenged. However, I can't help but find two things suspicious. Firstly, he seemed completely willing to sacrifice himself to Venus. At first, I thought Venus had some sort of grudge, but it appears he was just a troll. Still, I wonder whether Venus trolls every game. If not, and if I were in Dive's position, I would have been more concerned."

What makes it suspicious that I was ready to sacrifice myself? I was 100% at that time that Venus was a mafia member, so I believed that it was best to lynch him, even if it meant sacrificing myself, and it's not like we could avoid the kill later, so it was best to do that rather than earlier. But as it turns out it was just a scam, so it turned out to cause more damage than that.

"Secondly, he completely failed to mention Jace (among others) in his analysis of other players thus far. Together, these facts lead me to believe it's possible he was converted on N0 and was adamant about voting against Venus to avoid revealing his inability to judge. So... if I had to guess, wookie convert."

Hmm... oh I believe I merely skipped out on his name in my analysis. That said, I don't understand his posts that much because of the way he's framed it, but from what I see, he revealed himself to be jailed, but was hesitant to do so because he was afraid of suspicion. With that, I think he might merely be reluctant town, but he could still be mafia or ws, though the chances are lower.

As for me, I wasn't adamant against voting for Venus though. I wanted to get first the approval of the town in judging. I once played as judge and it ended badly, so I don't want to have that misstep repeated again. 

@Myrmidon Divergent

What made you 100% certain Venus was mafia? Whatever thought process that was, it was undeniably flawed, because it led you to be certain of a falsehood. In reality, there wasn't really any evidence pointing to Venus being mafia. His behavior made it clear that he wanted to be lynched. What would a mafia member have to gain by behaving like that?

Why are you so dismissive of the possibility that Jace is the sympathizer? There's ample evidence in favor of it, which I discussed in my previous post. And he still hasn't revealed his role. If he were town, it would be rational for him to do that, because whatever his role might be, it would put less of a target on his head than "wookie sympathizer."

Yeah sorry about being quiet—to break the fourth wall, I have had a lot of things going on irl (much more than I did last game), so that’s why I’m not saying much. Also, there hasn’t really been all too much (that isn’t already obvious) to work with, so I haven’t had anything to add.

Since I’m not expecting to be all that more available in the coming days, I’ll go ahead and lay my cards on the table:

I’m the mechanic (I’m revealing this because I don’t think my role is all too important/necessary for town’s survival so it won’t matter too much if I die, but I can still provide information), and visited Dive the first night (nothing I could hack) and Amber the second night (nothing I could hack). If there’s ways you can use that info, go for it. I’m on my phone typing this, and am too lazy to turn back to the first page, read through all the roles, and do the math.

Also, I’m planning on visiting Drakyle tonight—I’m telling you this because 1) I suspect he might be the backstabber (roleclaiming the way he did invites suspicion, which leads to visiting him, which leads to free kills for the mafia), and if he is, then the next day report will probably tell whether I’m stabbed (as opposed to a regular mafia killing), and you’ll figure out whether he is a confirmed mafia member or not. If I am killed by the mafia it is possibly for one of these reasons 1) to frame Drakyle 2) to protect Drakyle (double bluff). Keep that in mind if I die (which I expect to happen, given what I’ve said and what the mafia’s attitude was towards me last game), but don’t naturally assume either—I don’t want my probably imminent death to be a distraction if I’m wrong—work with any info that you might find to make a decision as to whether pursuing my previously mentioned train of thought is one you should pay attention to. If I live, I’ll tell everybody what I’ve found, in keeping with what I’ve said about transparency.

Also, I’m hesitant about Eviora—she hasn’t really done anything to suggest her innocence except for contribute to conversation (which is also what mafia would do, and is a play I’m expecting from the mafia this game, since I talked a lot last game and was considered to be innocent for most of the time—it would be something that the mafia might want to take advantage of, since, in many cases, it naturally leads to trust), but since everybody else seems to be vouching for her, I want to remind everyone to not unnecessarily do that. If she is mafia, I would be wary of those who, with barely any motivation/excuse that I can think of, bolstered her up as trustworthy (for the mafia to send in a Trojan horse would be smart and not improbable, so it needs to be kept in mind). And of course, I am not suggesting you just go ahead and trust me—I am not trying to sweep myself under the rug, and if/when I die, my innocence will confirm that what I’m saying is sincere. Keep in mind however that I am not condemning Eviora, I’m just saying that it is unwise for anybody to take their eyes off of her.

In regards to the current discussion, I agree with the majority consensus about Jace—he certainly hasn’t said anything to help his case, and the revealing information that we do have about him suggests his guilt. With that in mind, I’ll vote:

"What made you 100% certain Venus was mafia? Whatever thought process that was, it was undeniably flawed, because it led you to be certain of a falsehood. In reality, there wasn't really any evidence pointing to Venus being mafia. His behavior made it clear that he wanted to be lynched. What would a mafia member have to gain by behaving like that?"

-> He initially didn't plan to get himself lynched as far as I know. I suspected him because of the way he acted, especially with his baseless accusations against me. Because of that, I thought of him as mafia, and the reason why I thought he had something to gain from being lynched was that he was mafia with the Ambassador and discovered a role that they could potentially kill with him as the sacrifice. Or maybe he was the backstabber begging to be visited by people.

"Why are you so dismissive of the possibility that Jace is the sympathizer? There's ample evidence in favor of it, which I discussed in my previous post. And he still hasn't revealed his role. If he were town, it would be rational for him to do that, because whatever his role might be, it would put less of a target on his head than "wookie sympathizer."

-> I never said he couldn't be the sympathizer. Rather, I said that we could be making a wrong judgement here. From what I see, I believe he said that the WS was screwed because of the recruitment failing. He then probably realized that he was gonna be involved in that fiasco with him being jailed, so he chose to be reluctant about it.

As much as I could agree with the roleclaim, I believe that it's irrational what with so many claims flying around. Rather, I think it's better for him to defend himself

Hello players! 13h left before the night falls. It's going to be a particularly long one because I'll spend most of Saturday on the road. But no worries, I'll remind you all of this little change later.

So far we have 1 vote for Lord Drakyle (Jace Stormkirk) and 3 votes for Jace Stormkirk (Eviora, Refty365, Amine).

7 votes needed to lynch someone. Remember to get all your votes in before the phase change, if you wish to vote.

Everyone has posted at least twice except @Greninja

and @purplecicada

who have posted only once each.

@Refty365 If you visit me, you will no doubt find you can disable my equipment which I use as a Scout but from there that is the only certainity I know of, if you will disable my ability or not is up to you and I admit I have failed so far to gain any useful info out of it but I hope that to change.

That said i'm hopping off for the night and in case I might the phase change

What a rather curious turn of events. I do question Refty choosing to visit Drakyle. Drakyle has claimed uncontestedly that he is the scout. So, either Refty the mechanic is town and believes the scout Drakyle is Mafia, or Drakyle the scout is town and Refty the mechanic is Mafia trying to legitimize himself while disabling a threat to the Mafia. How curious indeed. That said, until more happens between the two of you, I would prefer to wait on choosing a side. 

As for Jace, it may eliminate 2 people if we lynch him, but to not do so is to invite trouble in the future. Example: say we keep him alive until the point of 1 Mafia, 2 town (hopefully one is still bounty Hunter) and 2 Sympathizers. They vote to get rid of Mafia, Sympathizers win. They vote to get rid of Jace, Mafia gets night kill, Mafia wins. Too risky in the long run. So, I vote as follows...

[ELIMINATE - JACE STORMKIRK]

By the way, Refty does bring up one good point. You should be as skeptical of me as you would be of any other player. Being assigned the role of mafia is random, I think; I had the same chance as everyone else. So, don't just trust me as a person. Examine my reasoning and decide whether you agree.

Hello everyone, a bit less than 2h left in this day phase.

Votes are

1 for Lord Drakyle (Jace Stormkirk)

5 for Jace Stormkirk (Eviora, Refty365, Amine, Lord Drakyle, Megagun)

1 for Amine (Myrmidon Divergent)

@purplecicada and @Greninja still haven't met the 2 posts requirement. Greninja is facing elimination if he fails to post again this day phase.

Day Two results / Night Two

After a day of debates, explanations and accusations, dusk finally settled on Kashyyyk. This time, it appears no majority was reached to lynch someone. As per the Emperor's orders, the Commander of Outpost Delta called upon the judgment of the Sith Lord!

... Sith Lord?

Well, this is awkward. It would appear the Sith Lord is no longer able to execute people.

Due to these circumstances, nobody was lynched this day.

However, Greninja is modkilled for failing to meet the 2 posts per day phase requirement, two days in a row.

Greninja is dead. He was the Ion Cannon Operator [Galactic Empire].

Night Two is up. Due to me being unable for most of the day tomorrow, it will last longer than the usual 24h. Thanks for understanding.

Player Roster:

1. Myrmidon Divergent as ???

2. purplecicada as ???

3. LykosHand as the Sharpshooter [Galactic Empire] (killed N0)

4. Lord Drakyle as ???

5. Jace Stormkirk as ???

6. Venus as the Dark Trooper [Galactic Empire] (lynched D1)

7. Corso as the Pilot [Galactic Empire] (killed D1)

8. Shadowsusanoo as the Inquisitor [Galactic Empire] (killed N1)

9. DigitalAmber as ???

10. Anti_Hero as ???

11. Refty365 as ???

12. Eviora as ???

13. Greninja as the Ion Cannon Operator [Galactic Empire] (modkilled D2)

14. Paul25 as ???

15. Megagun as ???

16. Alphagar  as ???

17. Snowy Amine as ???

Night Two results / Day Three

For once, the night was relatively calm and no terrible surprise awaited the crew on the morning of Day Three. It would appear that neither the Rebels nor the Wookies were able to make progress in their respective endeavors. Will the Imperials be able to take advantage of this situation? Or will the forces resisting the Empire take one more step toward victory?

We'll find out soon, friends.

Nobody was killed on Night Two.

The Wookie Sympathizer was again unable to recruit anyone.

Day Three is up. You have about 48h to discuss the events of the night and vote. 7 votes are required to lynch someone.

@purplecicada starts the day with a warning due to having posted only once on the previous day phase.

Player Roster:

1. Myrmidon Divergent as ???

2. purplecicada as ???

3. LykosHand as the Sharpshooter [Galactic Empire] (killed N0)

4. Lord Drakyle as ???

5. Jace Stormkirk as ???

6. Venus as the Dark Trooper [Galactic Empire] (lynched D1)

7. Corso as the Pilot [Galactic Empire] (killed D1)

8. Shadowsusanoo as the Inquisitor [Galactic Empire] (killed N1)

9. DigitalAmber as ???

10. Anti_Hero as ???

11. Refty365 as ???

12. Eviora as ???

13. Greninja as the Ion Cannon Operator [Galactic Empire] (modkilled D2)

14. Paul25 as ???

15. Megagun as ???

16. Alphagar  as ???

17. Snowy Amine as ???

So both the Rebels and the Wookie Sympathiser did nothing? or failed at their intentions? I wonder if Bounty Hunter got the sympathizer and mafia tried to kill the sympathizer? it would make sense as a possible reason That said I followed Alphagar but he didn't visit anyone. However the Sith Lord couldn't make the judgement? maybe they were converted!

The Sith Lord was unable to pass judgment. How shocking.

In all seriousness, this confirms my theory. @Jace Stormkirk is the wookie sympathizer and @Myrmidon Divergent is his convert. I'd like to see either of you two try to talk your way out of this one.

The Rebels' failure to kill anyone is also intriguing. My hypothesis is they tried to kill Jace, who was imprisoned again. By me. Because I'm the bounty hunter.

Perhaps the rest of you will be more receptive to my theory now that some extra proof has come in. If not, then our sympathizer will be recruiting again soon, because I'll probably die during N3.