[Day Four - THE REBELS WIN] Mafia: A Star Wars Story

Alistair

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was planned, but IF it was, this probably means that the Ambassador is sided with the rebel, since there's no other way they could know LykosHand's role before choosing their victim. This is what I think (I may be wrong).

Since no one's saying anything meaningful, I ask @Venus to explain in detail the thought process that led him to vote for Myrmidon Divergent

Guest Sparkin'
2 minutes ago, Eviora said:

I mean... was he part of the "mafia" or whatever in that game? I'm not sure cross-game accusations hold up very well.

Which is why I'm voting him. Cross-game accusing, and also, whether he was mafia or not in that game doesn't matter. What matters is his alignment here, which I believe that he's a rebel for what he has said so far.

Guest Sparkin'
3 minutes ago, Lord Drakyle said:

Ah yes, psychology, you are or aren't acting the way I remember you once did when you was this kinda person...this makes you suspicious...glorious.

Uh, are you referring to me?

It seems that referring to past games is widely acknowledged as a bad strategy; indeed, IF Myrmidon Divergent is a rebel, his strategy didn't lead us to any accusation and was discovered almost istantly.

Is this really the best they could come up with? Is it a step of a bigger plan? Or is it just a "mistake" or a joke?

I think we should be more careful and evaluate various possibilities before choosing one path (if we have enough time).

I know we shouldn’t trust our knowledge of past games and Alistair runs this one, not Dive, but I think I know the Ambassador’s workings a little. I was once a detective in a private group chat and Dive would always give me my info right as the next day started. Again, Alistair runs this show so I have no idea if it is similar. The mafia could have random killed. 

Edited by DigitalAmber

well i do not know what to think other than it was a bad idea to reveal roles so early (mafia and wookie sympathizer know know who you are) and early voting based on no evidence is always a bad idea cause us townies get nervous and might vote you out.

Guest Sparkin'

My vote isn't about evidence, but because of the behaviour he had.

Justifying saying thwt it was a plan to attract rebels seems flawed in my opinion. I think Myrmidon Divergent is a rebel, and I have no other lead, which is why I think it's a better idea to stick with this vote until there is a better lead.

Mafia could not have known Lykos was the Sharpshooter even if they had the Ambassador because results usually arrive near the end of the night phase and mafia can't typically change that.

Finger of suspicion on Venus - I've explained earlier that I wasn't even pointing fingers; I merely pointed out that that could be a case, but I wasn't even sure about it. You making a big deal of it sends me a scummy vibe; an attempt to get a town lynch going sort of vibe?

Guest Sparkin'

You aren't confirmed town from my point of view, and like all my previous statements say, I also suspect you.

And also might be a better idea to make me townread you.

I take a nap and now the sharpshooter is gone? Wtf... *Sigh*

I don't feel like I have enough info to vote for someone atm, so I will abstain for now.

Off topic: Didn't the stormtroopers miss the heroes on purpose?

You know underneath the mask Vader still cared.

It is tricky/dangerous to try and Gage someone's actions based upon previous games. Often people act differently not just based upon their alignment but also their role, the kind of setting, and just because they wish to play differently.

@Venus, I ask you to please explain to me and to all of us the exact nature of your suspicion. Not just that you suspect, but to clarify the why.

@Alphagar, Vader was too far gone until family brought the realization that the emperor lied. He slaughtered not just Jedi, but every force sensitive youngling he came across. Now perhaps the Storm troopers were ordered to take prisoners and just not used to wounding only.

@Venus, I understand what your saying but, Divergent didn't even declare anything, didn't even say "hey, this specific person could be the mafia." And yes, it's been proven time and again that some players when given the power to kill go right after a player who killed them in the past. So Divergent is not wrong in wondering if such a thing is possible. But if that is the only reason you have, it makes me wonder if you perhaps have alternate reasons for wanting Divergent lynched. 

[Eliminate - VENUS]

atleast for now, unless more information/suspicion is given.

Sincerely i myself Sid something you may consider pointing fingers on the town... But that was just a joke Andi don't think that is enough to kill someone. Anyway you are acting a bit out Han normal. I would say, either you have a clue, really think he is mafia or you are mafia yourself

Like @Megagun stated, it is possible for a player to go for a night kill on a player who killed them in the past. I've seen that happen in different games I've played and hosted. But, obviously, I didn't accuse anyone in my first post blatantly because I know that it's difficult to pinpoint exactly the mafia member we wish to find as there are other reasons for N0 kills, which may include the experience of the player or to give that person an N0.

You capitalizing on that point without even considering things doesn't make you look good in my eyes. And I'd prefer not to abstain as (1) this doesn't give us information for the next night and (2) it gives opportunity to the Judge esque role to control the lynch and that almost always never turns up well, even in town cases.

Thus, [Eliminate] Venus