E17 Obtainable Pokemon List Changes [Potential Spoilers?]

Endstrom

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, CMV said:

The Saturday double battle trainers in the Grand Hall give 150000 with a Luck Incense equipped. 7 Rare Candies per battle... Not too shabby. Ame has stated that this is going to be nerfed in E17 though, so abuse it while you still can.

16 hours ago, The Protagonist said:

Plus, you can also get a lot of money by selling all the relic gold and silver you find in the underwater cities.

Thank you for info as well.

On topic, I wonder why Ame got rid of Growlithe? Jalil1m I suggest you hurry and get one in game while you can, I would freely give you one through trading myself but I gave it back to the police officer already.

... In the obtainable list Growlithe is marked as "Available in the Wild". And as Ame said it was already fully updated I'd trust this for now.

(Also, when I get a 'mon, first thing before having to give it back is to breed with it, isn't it?)

2 minutes ago, kithas said:

Oh, I'm sorry then :/

Either way, the only evolution line being held up not being either legendary or pseudo-legendary is Scizor line (Even though I don't fully understand why but, well)

You don't have to apologize, its not like you could've of known. I just wanted to explain why I did such a stupid mistake.

19 minutes ago, kithas said:

Either way, the only evolution line being held up not being either legendary or pseudo-legendary is Scizor line (Even though I don't fully understand why but, well)

Probably we will have Scizor after Hardy. Scizor against a rock team could be dangerous. I suppose we could say the same for Metagross or Bisharp, but Scizor has no other weaknesses than fire, and I can't see any fire in a rock gym...

Anyway, what I really wanted was a Scyther... :(

5 hours ago, Zeros said:

Probably we will have Scizor after Hardy. Scizor against a rock team could be dangerous. I suppose we could say the same for Metagross or Bisharp, but Scizor has no other weaknesses than fire, and I can't see any fire in a rock gym...

Anyway, what I really wanted was a Scyther... :(

What if Hardy has a shell smash focus sash/white herb magcargo?

Those are good points, but you cannot build an entire team around a weakness (well, you can, but you shouldn't). I was just searching for a possible explanation to why Scyther will not be in EP17. In my mind it sounds right.

• Veterans
7 hours ago, kithas said:

There's a VERY good reason for this. Scizor's typing is insanely good, leaving it with a plethora of resistances and only a single weakness. More over it's access to Swords Dance and it's patented signature Technician Bullet Punch on top of it's greatly usable bulk allow it to easily set up on entire leads that can't hurt it much and then Bullet Punch the remainder of the team into the next dimension.

All we can do is hope that it'll be early mate. Seems like hunger makes food more tastier. orange barney pls.

Edited by BRS swag

@PinkOmega

Unfortunately none of us on the dev team know when the episode is going to be out, although it shouldn't be too much longer (we're still in the beta test at the moment, but that's the last phase before the community release which is when you'll be able to access it). 

You might be able to get updates on the development blog, although admittedly the progress bar serves literally no purpose at this point. But try to be patient, you'll get it pretty soon! 

@mde2001

Seems like you misunderstod Me quite drastically mde2001, if you look in the dev blog you can se that ames latest message under the green progress bars are "Hey guys, does anyone know when e17 is coming out?" Note the " i put in to clarify that it wasnt Me who stated it

Edited by PinkOmega

"Scizor is way too overrated. First thing, compared against fire mons (or electric ones with fire moves, or generic popular ones with the very common hidden power fire...), that thing's slow. Swords Dance, isn't Dragon Dance, doesn't raise speed or something... While setting up, you can safely switch in to sweep it. Its mega loses Technician, too. Technically, it's one of those "one trick ponies" in battles. Only reason why it is not available, is probably the remaining in-game battles."

- First and foremost, who tries to setup with a Scizor before dealing with possible checks, or at least scout the opponents team?

- Second, it's speed is irrelevant. Bullet punch after one - one - Swords dance will make damn sure that many pokémon neutral to it will be long gone before they even touch it, while fairy types and rock types lacking solid rock can't even think of switching in;

- A bread-and-butter Bullet Punch/Superpower/U-turn(or knock off)/Swords Dance set, is the nightmare of stuff like stall Clefable, those accursed Chanseys, Cresselia, Mamoswine, Tapu Lele (yes +2 U-turn kills this thing), Tapu Bulu, Azumarril, Mega Mawile, to name a few. The amount of Heatrans I have murdered on the switch is absurd. 

- Third, keep in mind that with it's bulk, Scizor can, and most often than not will, get atleast two Swords Dances on the bag, at which point there's no such a thing as a safe swich, because if it's counters are gone, it will likely murder the rest of the team, or if the opponent's timing in sending their counter out is off, said counters are dead.

-Fourth, it's mega still gets technician, but that's irrelevant. Mega Scizor is very inferior to the original Scizor. With a life orb, Scizor's damage output far outclasses it's mega's. Leftovers or even a shell bell, thanks to scizor's high damage output, are too good to be ignored, considering it also has access to Roost.

- Lastly, one trick pony? Scizor has the stats and coverage of an awesome attacker, the bulk and potential damage of a tank, and with access to moves like:  Defog, Tailwind, Knock off, Toxic, Protect, Roost and Counter, it can run a very reliable support set that will still deal damage, all you have to do is be creative.

Scizor is a monster, dude. Even if it is my favourite pokémon, Ame is damn right about not giving it to us before Hardy, and maybe even before Sapphira, because some dragons don't get flamethrower, and fery few dragons resist Steel. 

• Veterans

As a clarification, mega sciz''s damage is weaker but it is ridiculously bulky allowing for more reliable set up. You realise that scizor would just set up on any non fire move using rock type and proceed to one shot everything else right?

I have used a banded Scizor (more powerful than life orb) and its technician banded bullet punch is enough to wreak havoc. Setting up swords dance is dangerous because of the fire weakness (and probably unnecessary, as Scizor's Atk is out of the tables and it could have killed regardless of swords dance), but there are very little pokemon that can survive more than one technician banded bullet punches...

It makes sense Scyther is not still in Reborn, because Scyther is very affected by pollution, so a stable Scyther population could take a while to develop. Also, you have to note that the current Pinsir and Heracross population is very strong, and that is an added problem for Scyther.

That's obviously made up by me, I just wrote what came at my mind. xDD

Edit: whoa, didn't saw all the answers... give me a second... Okay

Edited by Zeros
Previous answers

-_- Y'all disappoint me with the Scizor discussion. The reason Scizor isn't available yet is because it is the second strongest non legendary/pseudo mon in the game and it is even stronger than many pseudos. It's easy for a player to counter due to its weakness to fire but not every opponent carries a fire move which is the only thing it can't handle. It learns Swords Dance and BP naturally. Scyther on the other hand isn't broken levels and still quite good which kind of sucks since it's a fun mon to use. Scizor literally can take down anything that isn't fire with ease which is likely why it will be in one of the last areas of the game. I know as I've played with one a bit. I'm pretty sure the Scizor, Serperior, Greninja, and Blaziken lines will be the last mons we will obtain through events. Yes, I think we'll get Dragonite, Hydreigon, and Tyranitar before them.

11 minutes ago, Commander said:

-_- Y'all disappoint me with the Scizor discussion. The reason Scizor isn't available yet is because it is the second strongest non legendary/pseudo mon in the game and it is even stronger than many pseudos (...)

The second one? From what I've read it can be pretty badass with the right combo as a lead, so who could overpower it? Slaking? Wishiwashi? (I have little idea of high-tier competitive battling as you can see haha)

I already saw the point on Scizor actually, that set seems an actual breaker... Lucky me for having a fire move on my lead then :P

Edited by kithas

Since we're discussing Scizor's power level... the main thing I find puzzling is, if Scizor is too broken, how is Aegislash okay? It also gets Swords Dance, and its moves are far more powerful than Bullet Punch.

It has more weaknesses, but it also has a lot more resistances/immunities which gives it a higher chance of finding something that can't even do neutral damage to it. On top of that, its special bulk is really good (whereas Scizor is just kind of average), making for even more opportunities for easy setups.

Edited by Paperblade

• Veterans
6 minutes ago, Paperblade said:

The main thing I find puzzling is, if Scizor is too broken, how is Aegislash okay? It also gets Swords Dance, and its moves are far more powerful than Bullet Punch.

It has more weaknesses, but it also has a lot more resistances/immunities which gives it a higher chance of finding something that can't even do neutral damage to it. On top of that, its special bulk is really good (whereas Scizor is just kind of average), making for even more opportunities for easy setups.

Aegislash has a severe case of 4mss(4-moveslot-syndome, a scenario where a Pokemon wants to run more than 4 moves but can only run 4), whereas Scizor can do whatever it wants with the other 2 moveslots, Aegislash has to have 1 slot for Kings Shield, 1 slot for Swords Dance and then the last 2 slots are Sacred Sword, Shadow Sneak, Iron Head or Shadow Ball. More over, Scizor's Technician Bullet Punch hits much harder than Aegislash' Shadow Sneak so does it's Superpower against Sacred Swords, Bug bite against Iron Head and Shadow ball etc., just about evening it out with Aegislash's higher attack stat.

21 minutes ago, kithas said:

The second one? From what I've read it can be pretty badass with the right combo as a lead, so who could overpower it? Slaking? Wishiwashi? (I have little idea of high-tier competitive battling as you can see haha)

I already saw the point on Scizor actually, that set seems an actual breaker... Lucky me for having a fire move on my lead then :P

Commander's talking about Blaziken.

Aegislash has weakness to priority, so if your timing with King's Shield is not right, Mimikyu, Protean Greninja or any other powerful Shadow Sneak user will deal with it pretty easily. Again, if you don't account for it's Stance Change, earthquake can be it's downfall, and since many of the meteor thugs have that move on their arsenal...

As cited by Azeria, four moveslot syndrome can cripple Aegislash, but since it can have unresisted coverage with Shadow Sneak/ Sacred Sword that won't be much of a problem.  

Edited by Gh0stStark

• Veterans
2 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

One thing that I don't really get, is why special sets seem way more popular on Aegislash? shadow ball > shadow claw is the only real reason I see.

It's not special sets that make Aegislash, it's the mixed ones. 150 in both attacking stats means it can easily run a 3/4 combination of Shadow Ball, Iron Head, Sacred Sword and Shadow Sneak to be extremely hard to play around.