Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

ZETA'S RESIDENCE - ??? am/pm

**NPCs at the scene: Zeta**

"Uhhhm..." Zeta backed slightly when everyone tried to approach her at the same time from all the physical and conversational directions.

"I-I-I don't wanna make medicine right now. I want you to show me the leav." She responds to Kai. Carbink just sits on the cushion, chilling like its master, who got himself a chair and rested against the table.

"My Father looks like a big man. He's got two eyes, a nose, and hair. My sisters look like that too. We play lots of games when they come, and we also talk about what we're gonna be doing the next time they come over." She answers Shelly's questions. "Oh, so that's eating! I forgot~" She adds and smiles happily. "Yeah, I can bring you some stuff Father brought me last time he was here." She says, swaying her hips left and right while ruffling her apron-overalls thingie. She then runs off into the tree-room and comes back with some chocolate cookies and a half-eaten banana. She offers them to Shelly and Radovan, since he was so insistent. "I don't need to actually eat it, but it tastes yummi! It's 'cause of the God of Life. I don't think anything needs to eat here~" Turning to Radovan, Zeta speaks up again. "You can drink the water. It's okay, the sparkly thingies in it are actually deadly, but it's safe to drink unless you hold it in your mouth for too long or drink too much! Father explained me that the sparkles are like the rest of this world-full of life, and they can be made into medicine if you reduce them by cooking. I don't really know what 'reduce' means...but if you cook them wrong, or don't put them right into your tummy, they just kill you." You can deduce that the water does not in fact reflect the luminescence of the environment, but is luminescent itself. And that the particles in it are deadly in larger quantities. You can also assume that Zeta messed the medicine for Meggie up which brought Meggie into that raging state. Good thing it didn't kill her, at the very least.

Zeta puts a finger on her chin, thinking of Radovan's next question. "I think my Father checked up on me six times so far~seven if you count the last one, but that one was different 'cause not a whole year had passed after the one before it. Iunno, I was just happy for him to be here so I didn't think much of it." She eventually says and smiles widely. She doesn't seem to notice anything wrong with that, nor with anything else she'd said.

She jumps up at the news regarding Meggie. "Yay! I haven't even noticed some of you went to save her! Thank you, thank you!" She runs over to Kai and starts shouting into her A-Comm. You doubt she actually knows what it is and how it works. "Oh, and Meggie is always kind of blue...she's been alone since she was a little Gible. She didn't wanna go live underground, so she was left behind." She focuses on the A-Comm again and clears her throat. "YOU SHOULD GIVE HER SOME SPACE. SHE'S GONNA WARM UP TO YOU EVENTUALLY~" She basically screams into it.

MEGGIE'S FRIENDS (KALVA, EMMANUEL, SENA)

Meggie looks at Emmanuel over her shoulder before voicelessly proceeding down the path she made in her rampage.

Emm has also successfully marked the map!

[OoC: Actual map coming later.]

"Shhh! You don't have to be so loud. They can still hear you.  Anyway, I'm sorry for asking so many questions. If you'll take us to the tree that sprouted in the house, we can show you what a leaf is." Shelly's main questions now consisted of whether there had been a time that this 'father' hadn't come, how the girl managed to measure years, and what the father's first visit had been like. But that would be overwhelming to an already overwhelmed girl who had never met any people except her father and sister, and those only once a year.

Radovan was interested, quite interested in the so called Tree of life, interested enough to make him ignore most of the things she had said and say "May I see this tree of life?" in as friendly of a tone as possible.

“Yeah, you should...” Kai put her A-Comm back onto the table, rubbing her right ear. “Not scream so loud into the A-Comm...” Kai dipped her finger into the water still in the glass, rubbing it against her pained ear. She hoped that it’d maybe ease the ringing sound.

“Don’t worry, we’ll show you what a...” Kai paused for a bit before finishing her sentence. “What a leav is.” Kai plucked the branch in the cup of water, noticing how different it looked from before. “And maybe you can tell me more about other trees around here.” The girl put away the branch, making her way to the staircase she assumed would lead her to the tree.

EVERYONE

Your A-Comms ping and you're notified of new downloaded map data:

dungeon_1___floor_0_by_ninjacyndaquil-db

Yellow Dot - Zeta's Crew

Red Dot - Meggie's Crew

Blue Dot - The Wishing Well

Green Line - Forest Boundary (Emm)

ZETA'S RESIDENCE - ??? am/pm

zetainterior2_by_ninjacyndaquil-db5h3og.

Zeta looked at Radovan in confusion. "The Tree of Life is at the core of the world, not here. I can't show it to you." She states in a confident matter-of-fact tone.

"Uhm sorry for yelling but.......lady?" She looks at Kai. "Why are you going towards my room..?" Zeta asks, then points towards the other door that lead to a room in the lowest floor of the house. "The tree is here, it's here."

Whoever follows Zeta would find that the door leads into what sometime ago used to be a room quite similiar to the one they just got out of, except with more cupboards on the walls. However, now, a big regular tree has sprouted in the middle of it and broke a hole in the house's roof and fully collapsed one of its walls. You're basically outside again and shards of crystal are strewn everywhere. Zeta just happily bounces over to the tree. 

The tree, however........appears to be what you'd identify as a palm tree now that you observe it up close.......the leaves on it are basically just few and on top, and there's a long way to the top, as the tree is easily as tall as the house itself, which has a base and another floor.

zetatree_by_ninjacyndaquil-db5h551.jpg

"So are those things up there the leav thingies you mentioned~?"

Music: Curiosity of an innocent star

MEGGIE'S CREW (KALVA, EMMANUEL, SENA)

The crew continues towards the house.

Nothing of note happens, except them getting the map.

"Yes.  Those are leaves," Taylor confirms, having followed out of curiosity.  Struck by a hunch, he uses his A-comm to scan the gigantic palm tree.  He doesn't quite know what has raised his suspicions; the material was probably on one of the tests he very carefully bombed to maintain his barely passing grades.

"Hey, we're almost there!" Emmanuel exclaimed as he pointed at the shabby house with an abnormally tall tree sticking out of it... a palm tree? He could see a few coconuts hung on top of it. He was instantly reminded of a DM of the Wailuda Triangle Resort.

The cover art had a young man in swimming trunks, relaxing comfortably on top of the white sand. Behind him were lush Watmel bushes and Nanab trees. A tall palm tree could be seen in a distance, with two children playing below it. The rest of the DM showed all kinds of facilities in the resort, which included an aquarium branded as 'absolutely safe' and, for some reasons, a water park.

He couldn't keep his mind on the luxurious vacation plan, though, as getting to academy and enrolling was a huge economical undertaking for him already. He ran up to the house and knocked its door.

Upon seeing the palm tree Radovan vaguely remembered a family trip to the Wailuda resort once, it was a rather pleasant memory.

He had came there as a ten year old with his close family, and his now suspiciously missing Uncle Albert. Who had tagged along after being invited by Radovan's father, back then Radovan hadn't cared enough to figure out why his Father would suddenly be on speaking terms with the man, or why he would never see the man again....

But anyway it was nice, the water was nice. Everything else was boring and mundane.

He would then walk slowly and carefully towards Zeta's current position, and he then looks directly upward at what Zeta said was a leaf.

“Oh, um.” Kai shot a glance at the two doorways as Zeta pointed out her mistake. “I knew that.” Kai quickly followed Zeta into the other room, trying not to let others see her embarassed face.

As she stepped into the room, the tree had immediately got her attention. Getting close to the base, the girl tried to look up towards the treetop, hurting her neck as she kept looking higher and higher. “Well, we can’t show you what a leav is unless you see it up close.” Kai dropped everything she had on her, leaving her A-Comm and belt on the floor. "Watch my stuff, if ya don't mind." Walking backwards slightly, Kai took a running start to jump onto the trunk, attempting to climb as high as she could up the tree.

"That's...going to be very difficult to climb, you know that, right?" Shelly was a little surprised at the type of tree that had appeared--she had expected something less...tropical--but she was intrigued all the same. How it had gotten here was still a pressing question, though it seemed like it might be tied to the cadets' own arrival. She stepped over to the trunk as Kai began her ascent, peering up into the lofty top. Shelly then braced herself, hoping to catch Kai when she inevitably fell.

Desmond

"Alright... I'll just stay back here, I guess." Desmond said, walking towards the front door. He's pretty sure he's just talking to himself at this point, though. "Someone's gotta let the others in when they get here." It didn't take long for him to hear knocking on the door. He could take three guesses as to who it is, but that probably wouldn't be necessary. It's not like there's that many other people around here. That being said, he walked toward the door, grabbed the handle, and opened it up to see the trio that recklessly ran off after the Gabite, along with the Gabite itself. Like there was much of a chance of it being anyone else. Well, there was a slight chance, but... you know... details. Who needs 'em?

"Oh, good. You're here." He said, opening the way for them. "Everyone else is in the other room looking at a tree... as strange as that sounds."

Edited by Komodojoe

After a while of watching what is quite likely to be a palm tree, Radovan remembered from his years of study in the academy that there was in fact a Pokemon that could look like a Palm tree, although he had never heard or seen an Exeggutor that could grow this tall and yet be this compact, he then said "You know climbing the extremely high palm tree may not be a good idea" as he slowly scooted over to a position where he might be able to catch a falling Kai.

Edited by Cronos5010

Kalva smiles broadly at Desmond, but doesn't enter, instead making space for Meggie to enter first. She probably should get priority in meeting with the Nexus Girl.

He also glimpses into the house. It looked like a real goodly home, not a house he expected the Nexus Girl to have been able to set up. 

Nexus Girl must be really strong and smart, to have been able to make this all herself. I wonder if she has anyone else living with her?

ALL THE PCs ARE REUNITED

exeggutor_by_ninjacyndaquil-db5w6th.png

Taylor's A-Comm buzzes, displaying a hologram:

/EXEGGUTOR*, the COCONUT Pokemon/

This Exeggutor adapted to the tropical environment, awakening its latent powers as a result; its height averages at around 10m.

Threat level: A

*tropical form

However, as nobody else even tried to wait and check for what Taylor's scan was gonna say, Kai still jumped at the Exeggutor and managed to take a grip around its neck. However, as soon as she did so, rustling of leaves could be heard from high above and the trunk bent itself against Kai's applied force, shaking her off easily.

Kai would fall straight onto Radovan and Shelly, knocking them both off their feet. The trio fell to the ground.

Meanwhile, Meggie was just entering the house, looking at Kalva distrustingly, when the entire commotion happened. The sounds of crashing alerted her and she darted towards the tree, squeezing through the door with her large frame. She looked at the crew around Zeta and growled a bit, at which point Zeta noticed her and her eyes lit up. Murky flew out as well at the sounds, while Zeta threw herself at Meggie, instantly calming her down.

"Meggie, you're alright! Oh thank you thank you thank you everyone~I don't know what I would've done if something happened to her because of me!"

The tree returns to its original position, as if nothing has happened.

Taylor's A-Comm buzzes again:

Radovan did what any gentleman would do when a woman-I mean a lady falls from a not very high distance and lands rather rough and sharply on a gentleman due to a course of action that was very likely to lead to this exact situation. He stood up first, and held a hand out to the lady who had fallen on him to help her up, before softly apologizing with a "Sorry, but you weren't the one who fell" to the other lady. After the fallen lady had gotten up either completely by her own effort or with a bit of his help he would then turn up to look at the majestic creature and say "Darn, if only I had an Aether ball ready right now".

Emmanuel followed Meggie into the house, but the first thing that caught his attention was the loud crash. He followed Meggie and found the place where the palm tree was. Radovan, Shelly and Kai were stacked on top of each other by the tree. One of them clearly tried to climb up the tree, and Emmanuel was willing to bet that it was the enthusiastic one.

Now much closer to the tree, he could examine it much more easily. The trunk reminded him of that of an Exeggutor's. His eyes rolled up to the 'coconuts', with a sleepy face on all of them. "You're... an Exeggutor!" He exclaimed.

"Meggie, you're alright! Oh thank you thank you thank you everyone~I don't know what I would've done if something happened to her because of me!"

"Oh, no problem." Emmanuel gave the girl a smile. "So, are you fine with having an Exeggutor this tall sticking out of your house?"

"Heh, if ya want to say thank, ya might wanna say it to this guy." Sena pointed at Kalva, "he's the first one who brave enough to decide to chase after her."

Sena turn his focus to the Exeggutor, "eh exeggutor? What's it doing here?"

Edited by LeonVermillion

Kalva enters the room after Meggie, and brightly waves at Zeta.

"it is fine. we did make her angry after all. i hope we dont bother you too much with our visit. :)"

He writes and puts it up for Zeta to read.

Hmm...why would an Exeggutor be here?  As long as Zeta keeps them safe, then I guess it's alright.

"Oh. Everyone else is back." Shelly pulled herself up, and glanced over at Kai. She didn't seem hurt, so that was good. There was also a gabite in the house now. Shelly took a step back, and then pulled out her A-comm. "All the cadets seem to be back together. We're at someone's house in a weird world. How much info have other's sent you?" Shelly then moved back over to the Exeggutor. Odd. "Did anyone back at the academy have an Exeggutor?"

“Aw, man!” Kai pulled on Radovan’s hand, raising herself back up to her feet. “This thing wants to pick a fight with me. Now I need to climb it all over again.” Despite Kai’s rude words, she still looked at the Exeggutor with a grin. “I’ll show Zeta what a leav is no matter what, just watch me, Exeggutor!”

Dismissing her plots to climb the tree-like Pokémon for now, Kai turned towards Shelly. “Pokémon I know the most about are small enough to be considered pets, really. Like Arons or Zubats.” Kai scratched the back of her head as she spoke. “What do you suppose we do about this, though? Doesn’t seem like it’s bothering anyone... much.” Kai glanced at the hole in the wall from the Exeggutor "Even if we wanted to, we don't exactly have many Pokémon on us packing Ice moves, either."

Desmond

Desmond didn't budge when Meggie walked in the door. She was definitely calmer now than the last time he saw the Gabite, that's for sure. However, there's still a risk with it around. It is a dragon, after all. He wasn't afraid, but he did feel that he'd have to be a bit more cautious with her around.

Desmond entered the room after everyone else, somewhat surprised to see that the tree was not a tree, but an Exeggutor, which makes some sense when you think about it. A tree shooting out of the floor and through the roof by itself like that doesn't really seem possible. A Pokemon on the other hand, would be a more viable cause... that, and if you haven't really been paying attention to any of these last seven posts, let alone this one, it's kinda obvious that it was the cause.

He turned to Kai. "Not like we should do anything right now. We'll probably end up doing more harm than good seeing as we're in someone's home. Even if no one gets hurt, we'll most likely end up damaging the house one way or another."

Edited by Komodojoe

zetatree_by_ninjacyndaquil-db69dn4.jpg

Zeta ruffles Meggie as she hugs her, at which the Gabite relaxes and snuggles up to the girl. Zeta smiles at Emmanuel and Kalva, then she looks at Kai and finally at the Exeggutor, snoring peacefully.

"You don't really have to if this isn't a tree, miss Kai." She says, smiling all the same. "Or is Exeggutor just a special kind of tree~? I'm fine with it anyways." She says, moving up to the Coconut Pokemon and hugging its trunk. It doesn't respond in any way.

"It left a hole in the house, but it's not like the room served anyone~and now I can have a great view of the outside from my own room up there!" She says as she points at the upper level of the house, where the wall had also cracked. You can see a bed through the hole.

Meanwhile, Shelly's A-Comm buzzes:

"Roger that, Cadet Shelly!" A familiar voice responds. "The rescue team is moving in towards the Nexus! They should arrive momentarily! Just stay where you are!" Ray finishes and as she does, the team hears a loud sound coming from somewhere above. As they look up, they see a vessel seemingly breaking through the sky with a large drill on its nose...the team knows that it's a Nexus Drill, but they can only make up its shape from the distance.

Zeta, Meggie and Murky, on the other hand, seem alarmed as their eyes dart around worriedly, eventually locking as they noticed the airship.

"KRAA!"

Suddenly, everyone's A-Comms buzz:

"This is Rescue Team 1, confirming the lock on the newly graduated Cadet team. We'll need to land a bit away from you. Seinding you the coordinates. We just can't land on a hill, sorry."

The Nexus Drill lowers itself towards the crew, flying at high speeds before slowing down and landing on a clearing next to the hill where Zeta's house stands.

dungeon_1___floor_0_by_ninjacyndaquil-db

Yellow Dot - The Cadets

Red Dot - Landing Site (Frederick)

Blue Dot - The Wishing Well

Green Line - Forest Boundary

ABOARD THE NEXUS DRILL (FREDERICK)

**NPCs at the scene: Gina**

The ninth Cadet is boarded on the Nexus Drill. He waits patiently as the vehicle pierces through the Nexus's Spatial Integrity, shaking violently in the process. Soon, he was gonna meet the rest of the Cadets.

The Nexus Drill lands safely and the hatch opens. Frederick can leave the ship together with a couple of unimportant Space Aether personell as well as...Gina...who seemed to get herself aboard the rescue mission as well. Somehow.

gina_by_ninjacyndaquil-db69gmg.jpg

"Move, bitch!" She says to Frederick as she pushes him, proceeding to run up the hill at impossible speed. "KALVA WHERE ARE YOU???"

(OoC NOTE: Mr.Divergent is now allowed to post. Frederick can either react to Gina or wait for the rest of the Cadets to get down to the base of the hill.)

Edited by Bfroger6

Radovan responded to the rescue team's arrival with a facepalm, before speed walking towards where he last saw the highly visible form of the nexus drill while saying "Well that went well....".

If Radovan successfully arrives at the nexus drill, he would then look at the surroundings for any untold devastation to start telling, while saying "Oh hey, I was just about to have lunch, how nice for you to drop by. How have you guys been?".

Otherwise he would get lost and rest by leaning on a nearby tree.

"...." Frederick simply glanced at the woman running up the hill. "She just left, huh, without minding that all available cadets should stay together to have a safe rescue mission."

Frederick didn't mind much that the woman left though. He hadn't met her before, but her past actions certainly did not please him. He deduced that she probably cared for this Kalva kid, who was most probably a cadet from the Second Academy as he hadn't heard nor seen the cadet's name in the First Academy's Records, but shoving him along with saying some choice words was most certainly not something he appreciated. He looked on while hoping that he wouldn't have to deal with her later.

Kalva's head perks up immediately when he hears Gina's voice. He exits the house before anyone can react, and jumps for joy when he sees Gina. If he could speak, he would have shouted as well.

He runs towards her and embraces her warmly, nearly tackling both of the ground. After a long while, he stops and remembers that she had come to rescue them.

"I missed you. My friends are still up on the house, along with the resident here. Her name is Zeta and she seems nice." He signs to Gina.