Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

Radovan instantly jumped at the mere mention of the idea of obtaining his Pokemon, and he took time out of his valued and well loved hobby of embarrasing Red to walk slowly over to Poochy and he would have reached his hand out to pet the cute dog, but for politeness sake he turned to ask Emm "May I pet your Poochyena?".
If Radovan received a bit of confirmation he would pet the cute little Pokemon, but either way he would confront the nameless employees with a request for an Aether ball, and the Pokemon he asked to receive after the ceremony.

"Don't ask me, ask Poochy!" Emmanuel smiled at Radovan. The smile quickly faded away as he turned back to the employees, replaced with a stern look accompanied by an inaudible sigh.

"This has been a quite day." He looked around the Aether landing side.

he saw Kalva talking to someone who look like his care taker, Kalva seems to have met his caretaker, that's good.

as Sena continue to look around, he notice the new guy, Frederick, who he have seen before in the academy, he then approach the new guy "I think I've seen you before in the academy... Frederick, right?"

Frederick hears a voice near him when he finishes telling Shelly a bit about himself. He turns to his side and sees someone familiar. He tries his best to remember and realizes that the young woman before him was one of his schoolmates in the First Academy.

"If I am not mistaken, you are Sena, right?" Frederick says this is in an inquisitive tone. "I remember seeing you quite a few times in the hallway. Pleased to make your acquaintance." At this, Frederick gives Sena a handshake, and a warm smile. 

Edited by Monsieur Divergent

Upon hearing Emm's statement, he immediately leaned down to greet Poochy, and gingerly reached out his hand to pet it, if he succeeded in doing this, he would while away the time until the serva-the faceless go-the employees finally brought him an Aether ball.

EVERYONE

**NPCs at the scene: Gina, Zeta, 5 nameless Space Aether Employees**

The Aether Employees ease their stance. Meggie, on the other hand, shoots Kai a hateful glance before snugging into Zeta, who was still shying away from the unknown people. She pushed her head under the girl's shoulder, looking at the men and women as if she was about to bite their fingers off at the first sign of them approaching Zeta. The girl remains silent.

"Uhm...what?" One of the Employees steps forward. "But this Nexus has only emerged. We've never had a human appear in one of them, and you say there're even more humans here? And that they've been living here?" They turn to the other Employees who return their confused looks. They eventually shrug. "We'll handle this at HQ. For now, we'll take the g-I mean...we'll monitor the girl from a safe and non-invasive distance." As they reach for Zeta's arm, they're reminded by Meggie that she was not to be touched. Content, Meggie snorts and Zeta runs over, hugging Kai around the waist. They now seem afraid of even Zeta and she could apparently sense it. It scared her a bit.

The Employees focus on Emmanuel, Poochy, Anthony and Carbink. Poochy boofs, letting Radovan know he could pet her. Also, she wags her tail at Emmanuel, trusting his judgement completely. An Employee approaches Emmanuel and hands the boy an Aether Ball from their pack. Later on, when they arrive at HQ, Poochy will have to be registered and properly implanted a chip. Emmanuel should be reminded of this integral part of PEACE.

All of Radovan's attempts to kidnap Kalva fail as Gina doesn't let go of him. After a while, she suddenly lets out a short 'hmmm'.

"Oh, right, everyone, gather around here." She turns to the Employees in the meantime. "Instead of soiling your pants over some cute little girl, why don't you go prepare the Drill. We'll be moving out ASAP. Move." She orders them and they comply. Her reputation among the ranks is fierce, as expected of a veteran instructor and high ranking officer. With that out of the way, Gina turns to the Cadets before ruffling through her A-Comm's directory. Her A-Comm is painted with a flaming motif on its back. "Here we go." She says as she presses something on the screen. A bluish light flickers and in the next moment, the machine produces eight Aether Balls, suspended in the air above it. "Kalva, you can go to the Drill with the others who went. This Aether Ball here is empty." She hands him one of the balls. "She's waiting for you inside with a new friend of mine."

Gina gives Kalva a couple of moments to leave before crossing her hands at the other Cadets and puffing her chin up.

"You already got yours." She says to Frederick. "It's been registered a long time ago as well." She tells him. Frederick indeed has an Aether Ball on him and in it, his Stufful Theodore.

"And you others, I hope you do understand that these are dangerous, no matter how small. You've not yet gone through my training, so I doubt you've met with the real dangers of the outside Nexuses, but if you survived in this place, I think I can trust you. For now. So take these. It will be my honor to finally officialize your Cadet status upon the President's orders." Extending her hand, she allows the team to pick their Aether balls up, containing their new starters...she does so without a smile.

Even Zeta, Meggie and Murki react the the sudden excitement in the atmosphere. Zeta peeks out to see what's going on. Murki flies down and lands on the ground curiously. Meggie snorts and looks away shily.

The time has come, however, for the start of your very own Pokemon adventure.

chapter1fin_by_ninjacyndaquil-db78gkt.jp

Music: Beginnings

logo_by_ninjacyndaquil-dasp8xr.png

Chapter #01; FIN

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Bfroger6

Kalva signs an excited 'thank you' to Gina (though they could visibly see that Kalva's hand shaking from all the anticipation) and sprints off to meet Quina.

With one swoop he picks up Quina, spins around and gives her a tight hug.

I missed you so much!

After nearly a full 5 minutes of tight hugging, he stands outside the drill with Quina his his arms, watching the other cadets meet their own companions.

I've got so many pictures to show you - the place here is beautiful... we might run out of paint for all this though.

"Thank you, sir." Emmanuel took the empty Aether Ball. He stepped forward and reached for his ball instinctively. Without a second thought, he opened the ball. A lustrous flash, and at the end of it was a green and amoebic presence - Solosis. She looked at Emmanuel, then Poochy, and quietly entered Emmanuel's coat, latching onto his back. Emmanuel smiled at Poochy, as if knowing Solosis had already introduced herself.

"I'm not very fond of these balls, but we simply have to live with them. If you're ready for the ball, just tap its button." He knelt down to Poochy's level and showed her the ball. He put it on the ground right before her. "There are some extra procedures you'll have to go through. They should be painless, though."

Edited by IntSys

Frederick remembers that he did bring his buddy Pokemon, Theodore, with him beforehand. He decides to release him and introduce him to his future companions. He takes out the Aether Ball from his pocket and launches it. A bright light appears for a few seconds; as it dissipates, Frederick sees his pink bear buddy, Theodore. He immediately takes Theodore in his arms and hugs it warmly.

"I know that it has not been a while since we left the Academy, but nevertheless, I missed you so much." Frederick tells Theodore as he continues to keep him in an embrace. "Hey, Theodore. These people around you will be our future companions and friends, so take a good look at them." Frederick does a slow turn, as he allows his buddy to see his fellow cadets and their partner Pokemon.

"Together, we will go to several places of interest and discover new information." Frederick tells Theodore with a smile on his face.

And again, noticing the fact that something vaguely more important than the prospect of embarrassing Red and Kal was happening, he swiftly walked up, took the nearest Aetherball with an equally swift "Thank you", and while releasing the Pokemon contained within the Aetherball onto the floor, and he asked with as innocent of an expression he could muster "Are you Kalva's mother?".

The unnoticed Larvitar that had been contained in the Pokeball walked over to Poochy, and pokes the Poochyena a bit.

EMMANUEL

Poochy boofs and pushes the Aether Ball's button with her snout. The ball charges up a light blue hue as energy flows through it and Poochy is captured in a flash of light which envelops her.

ping

Congratulations, Poochy has been caught!

[Poochy's reactions are IntSys's jurisdiction now~]

“Oh, I’m sure it’ll all make sense later.” Kai waved her hand around to the Employees, a big smile on her face. Kai put her arms around Zeta as she walked over to her. “It’ll be alright, Zeta. They’ll love ya once they get to know you.” Kai patted the little girl’s head, trying her best to not disturb her as she walked towards the lady carrying her Aether Ball.

“That’s him, right?!” Kai snatched the right Aether Ball from the woman, recognizing the sticker she put on it to remember. “Made in Gear City”. Kai always had a few on hand, thanks to her mother. Certainly helps at times like this. Excited to see her friend once again, she tossed the Ball straight into the air. “Alright, come on out, Anté!”

As the Aether Ball reached the height of its rise, the creature within revealed itself. The blue and black feline creature fell straight into Kai’s arms. “I missed you! I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me here.” Kai let out a giggle as she pet the Shinx in her arms. Without warning the Shinx bared its fangs, about to bite the girl’s right arm. “No, Anté! Not right now!” Kai noticed the glow coming off of the creature, realizing how dangerous it’d be while Zeta was still hugging her legs.

Kai let out a sigh of relief before immediately changing her expression back to a smile. Putting the Aether Ball away, Kai lifted Anté onto her head, carefully trying to walk to the ship while lugging around her two friends.

Edited by InnocentSerenity

A little surprised, Shelly took the pokeball that was offered to her. She had expected them to recieve pokemon in an official ceremony at the Aether Academy. Why would she turn down he pokemon though? With a shrug, and a growing feeling of elation, Shelly pressed the button, and there was the signature burst of light that formed into her Axew. She knelt down, and smiled at it, happy to just be in its presence. Then with something bordering on a smirk, though it would be difficult to tell with Axew's tusks, it kicked Shelly in the leg. Not hard, so Shelly laughed it off, and grabbed Axew. She lifted her, groaning almost inaudibly at the weight.

"I'd...forgotten how heavy you Axew are."

Emmanuel picked up the ball and held it before his face. "Thanks, Poochy. See ya later," he smiled to himself and walked to the drill on his own. He took out his A-Comm again.

"These Oran Berries... They're natural. These were only thought to exist in #03, and no one has lived to bring one back. The GMO ones at #05 were modified so much that they stopped being berries and instead becoming synthetic food a long time ago."

He took a berry out sneakily and observed it in his palm, "This is it. First step... agriculture," he quickly put the berry back into the Bag.

EVERYONE

As the party reaches out for the Aether Balls, they power up and a name is displayed through the hologram in blue-their name for each respective Ball so that everyone knew what they picked.

"Yeah, whoops, I forgot to turn that on. Sorry."

TAYLOR

A Meditite pops out of the Aether Ball, landing on the ground in front of Taylor. It stretches before looking up at its new master.

[DragonRage controls Meditite from now on.]

Kalva approaches the group, visibly happier now that he was with Quina.

Kalva started to write a message to everyone, but then Quina picks up the pen and corrects his message, putting in correct punctuation and spelling. Kalva beams at Quina.

"Hello everyone! This is Quina, my partner. She is really happy to meet you all~"

Kalva crouches down and Quina waves at the other pokemon along with Kalva. They seem to be radiating an identical sort of happy comfort near the pokemon.

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Seems we finally have our pokemon

Sena picked his Aether Ball which he should've get on the ceremony. Inside was a female Noibat that he choose on the academy.

Sena took a quick glance to his Aether Ball, before he let his Noibat out.

the small bat pokemon appeared out of her aether ball, and start flying around seeing some unfamiliar faces before stopped in front of Sena's face, who she recognize as her owner.

"Hi Verna, it's been awhile! You're not causing any trouble right" Sena asked his Noibat, which she firmly shook her head.

"good girl." Sena smiled to his Pokemon.

he then notices that Kalva write something and showed to everyone what he said.

"Quina is a Ralts? Cool, she might become a strong Gardevoir someday."

"oh yeah! This is my partner, Verna, I hope you all could get along with her." After Sena said that, she then playfully flies around introducing herself before returning to Sena's side.

Taylor looks down at the Meditite with the exact same expression he looks at everything, but his tone of voice is friendly.  "Hello.  I am Taylor.  I hope we shall have a long and prosperous relationship," The trainer pauses a moment to hear what his new Pokemon has to say, before continuing.  "Hm, I believe I shall call you Jet."  The Meditite seems a little surprised, but rather pleased about that.

Kalva nods cheerily at Sena while Quina waves at Verna. Kalva writes,

"Yes, and I think Verna is going to be a great Noivern!"

Quina looks around, then points to a nearby crystal tree. Kalva breaks of a branch and hands it to Quina, who examines it in fascination.

"It seems like we are going to have a lot of good adventures now Quina!"

Quina gestures carrying a lot of paint buckets in her arms, making Kalva laugh, though it's a little weird because his laugh doesn't have any sound to it.

"Yep - and we're going to have to get lots of paint. It's a good thing we have these tablets that can carry so many things."

Kalva gets up and looks towards Emmanuel. He had also come from 02, and so he must have known his companion as well!

"Hey Emmanuel! Who's your companion?" Kalva writes.

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

The Solosis slid out of Emmanuel and showed herself. "She's Solosis. My guardian, my teacher and my friend," he gladly answered. "She likes to rest on my back so she can talk to me more easily. Ralts use telepathy, but Solosis use psychic waves instead. Psywaves require less power when used up close."

Solosis went back into Emmanuel's lab coat. "Ralts are so... humane, though. Their evolution is like a little boy growing into adulthood. The way they behave is so human-like, too. A Ralts without psychic powers would be like... you," his words gradually became slower. "N-Never mind. I'm thinking too much again."

EVERYONE

**NPCs at the scene: Gina, Zeta, 5 nameless Space Aether Employees**

"..." Gina turned around and crossed her hands, closing the A-Comm down and putting it away. She looked at Kalva, who was having fun with his Ralts. Soon, Kalva would notice that someone else had arrived with Quina, though. Something that Quina happily greeted when it finally decided to show up:

...it was a Salandit.

Kalva remembered that Gina told him that her new friend was with Quina. Apparently, that was the Salandit. The Salandit slithered over to Kalva and Quina and began snorting puffs of smoke around through its nostrils, looking at the paint buckets in Quina's hands.

Meanwhile, if the party wanted to go to the Nexus Drill, they could do it now, as the Employees have finished setting everything up for the Drill.

--INITIATING POST-CHAPTER INTERPHASE--

[REWARDS]

::chapter completion::

1 Skill Point (everyone except Frederick)

25 Effort Points (everyone except Frederick)

100 Exp (Poochy)

::meggie successfully rescued::

1 Skill Point (Kalva, Emmanuel, Sena)

15 Effort Points (Kalva, Emmanuel, Sena)

50 Exp (Poochy)

x1 Gabite Mechamon (R)

::???::

hidden quest; incomplete

::desmond's easter eggstravaganza::

incomplete

::late start::

50 Effort Points (Frederick)

1x Move Slot (Frederick)

Zeta has been registered as a friend

+1 ☆

[additional effects have been unlocked]

0: Awakening - allows all Pokemon on the user's side of the field to utilize their Hidden Abilities along with their regular ones (note: both can be active at the same time)

: Assist - Zeta can now assist you in battle using Murki as a support NPC

Kalva and Quina looks at each other, then back at Emmanuel with the same awkward smile. Kalva writes,

"It's okay, you're not the first person to say the same thing."

His pokemon friends in 02 mentioned it, his siblings pointed it out, and even his fellow cadets had pondered why Kalva had such a liking to berries like Quina did. Well, they were very close; Kalva thought it was simply a part of friends acquiring similar tastes after they knew each other for so long.

"I think it's about knowing each other for a while that makes you have similar looks, don't you think?" Kalva smiles, then crouches down to pet the Salandit as Quina shows the Salandit the paint as well as her own little palette and brush Kalva had made (albeit crudely) for her. 

Wow! So this is Gina's new friend! I hope we travel a lot together! I am sure Gina will take good care of you. She's a kind human with a good heart.

He stands back up and signs to Gina, "Salandit looks amazing! Where did you meet them?"

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Radovan put his Larvitar back into it's Aetherball as he walked away from the person who he honestly believed was Kalva's mother, although he did stop just long enough to give an earnest smile and a friendly "Thank you Ma'am".

He then walked over to Sen with his Aetherball being thrown up and down on his right hand, and a rather smug smile on his face, and with that cocky grin he cocked his head slightly to the left and said "So this is incredibly personal I know, but why did you choose that particular species of Pokemon Sen?".