Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

Before making her way to the ship, Kai noticed the new recruit from earlier. “Oh, hey!” Kai walked towards the boy, wondering if Zeta would still be hugging her waist along the way. “You’re our new teammate, right? Nice to meet you!” Kai gave the boy a smile as she spoke with her high enthusiasm. “My name’s Karla Eoland, but everyone just calls me Kai.” The girl bobbed her head side-to-side as she spoke. "So you should call me that, too."

“Say, why weren’t you with us in the simulation, anyway?” Kai tilted her head as she spoke, her face giving a curious expression to the boy.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Karla Eoland. Would it be fine if I called you Karla?" Frederick moves forward and extends his hand to Karla. "I am Frederick Lennon and this is my partner Theodore." He smiles and brings his Stufful closer to Karla.

"To answer your question, I was not able to join with you since I did not follow the suspicious directions that led you all to the Laboratories instead of the Conference Room. My father told me beforehand that something was going on and advised me not to heed those signs." Frederick answers politely.

Kai shook the boy's hand. “I don’t mind you calling me that.” Kai wasn’t exactly too used to being called Karla. Most of the people she knew preferred how Kai sounded. Was only one syllable, too. “But, I’ll just call ya Freddie, though. Frederick is way too long.” The girl shrugged her shoulders, a smile still on her face as she responded.

“You should’ve came, though.” Kai shook her arms around in front of her, turning to look behind her at the many crystal trees around the area. “Just look at this place!” Kai yelled as loud as she could, gazing in wonder at the unnatural color of the flora. The violet colored trees excited her to no end, wanting to come back to see more of it. “I can’t wait to come back here.” Kai turned back to Frederick, her grin brighter than before. “Don’t you want to see more of it, too?”

Edited by InnocentSerenity

Shelly put little to no thought into her actions. She was both puzzled and disturbed by the day's events, but there seemed to be no one who could satisfactorily answer her questions. She had gotten some superficial answers, and would likely get more if she were to inquire on her A-comm. in fact, she could likely piece together some information from vague answers, but at present, she was frazzled an exhausted. She simply sstood a few feet behind Kai, listening to the budding conversation. She did mention, at a point where she would not be interrupting, that they could probably go to the drill now, but that there was no hurry.

"Thank you for welcoming me warmly, Karla. Feel free to call me Freddie." Frederick meets Karla's eyes and smiles comfortably as he says this. He was not used to having people who were quite friendly with him, so he was a bit surprised, but he is still very happy at how this is turning out.

"Yes. I agree with you. This place is both beautiful and wonderful." Frederick responds to Karla's enthusiasm as he takes a long look around him. He is amazed by the multicolored trees around him, and it takes him a while before he responds to Karla's question. "Of course, I would want to see more of it. I also hope to see more beautiful views as we journey the galaxy together." Frederick realizes that there are some weird implications that could come out of that statement, so he adds a few more words to it, his cheeks are a bit flushed with the color of red as he says this. "I mean, I want to journey and see the world with all of you."

Radovan sighed as he heard Sena's attempt at what is either sarcasm or an insult, and he simply responded with "Right I was setting up an opportunity for you to go on a long tale about your life story and how you got here, but if you are going to be a dick about it, then I shall simply confidently state that in the good old contest of long rods and large numbers, I am going to win with my weapon of choice at some point, granted you and everyone else will peak sooner, but dedication is an important part of it, and let's face it, in the long run the only thing you can hope for is a lucky focus blast if you ever have to go against me and Marky Mark over here.".

He then walked away to talk to Desmond, perhaps the man would respond to the inevitable "So why did you choose them as your starter" with more talky talky and less bad snark.

Edited by Cronos5010

"Haha, well, I don't think either Solosis or I would ever grow to look like each other," Emmanuel said. After a few seconds, he suddenly laughed again, "hey, one day, she'll evolve into a lovely Gardevoir, right? I wonder how you would look in a dress?" he pulled his tongue out in a childish manner, "of course, there's always the option of not evolving, but that's up to her to decide."

"Well, I'm sure eventually when Solosis becomes a strong Reuniclus, you'll look the same too!" Kalva writes.

Kalva thinks for a little while, then gets an idea. He gets down and gestures complicated messages to Quina, whom seems to understand what he is asking before he even asks. Kalva provides her with a notebook page, and after smoothing it out on the floor, Quina begins to sketch herself and Kalva. After a short while, she finishes and hands the sketch to Kalva, who thanks Quina and high-fives her. Kalva holds up the sketch with a prideful beam.

It is quite a detailed sketch of Quina as Gardevoir and an older Kalva in a dress side-by-side. They look nearly identical, save for the hair and the heart crest.

"Quina drew this, she is really good at drawing." Quina seems to be flattered by Kalva's compliment. "I think I'm fine with a dress too!" Kalva writes, happily twirling around like he had a dress already.

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

After a while Radovan had a rather interesting thought, as he realized that as Gina was presumably much more experienced than him, and presumably believes that they are all going to die horribly due to a Pokemon related incident, that she might in fact have advice for them other than "You are all idiots who will die, except for Kalva because I luvv him".

Which is why he boldly walked up to her, and asked in as polite of a tone he could muster "Do you have any advice for us? I mean I get your point, we are still quite wet behind the ears, but maybe you can give us some advice on how to handle our Pokemon better and thus survive long enough to not be so wet behind the ears anymore?".

"She really got the talent for this, huh?" Emmanuel remarked, quite amazed by Quina's interpretation, "well, maybe in a vehicle, but definitely not with my flesh and bones!" he smiled as he answered. 

"Well, the drill awaits. I'll be going ahead," Emmanuel stepped toward the drill's entrance, "are you coming?"

Desmond

Desmond looks over his Aether Ball for a few seconds. Kinda hard to believe that a Pokemon of any shape or size can fit in this one little ball. Not many people seem to question how it works, either. Ah, screw it. Now's not really the time to be asking such questions. Not much of our technology these days really wouldn't make much sense by this logic. Well, there's that, and we're kinda getting a bit off topic, here.

Desmond pressed the button, the creature inside showed itself as Aron, the Iron Armor Pokemon. It looked at it's trainer with it's blue eyes.

"Hey, Flint. It's been a little while." Desmond said as he knelt down to pet the Steel-type Pokemon.

On 5/1/2017 at 1:35 AM, Cronos5010 said:

Radovan then walked away to talk to Desmond, perhaps the man would respond to the inevitable "So why did you choose them as your starter" with more talky talky and less bad snark.

"Well..." He started, somewhat delaying to scrounge up what he can for the short version of the story. "I suoopse it started with a story my sister told me about one of her missions as a cadet. There was a lot to it, but the main thing that caught my attention was the fact that an Aggron was very protective and caring of it's territory. Not only will it protect it's territory from anything that violates it, but it also restores any damage done to it's natural beauty. And I respect that, especially since many other kinds of Pokemon aren't really all that willing to go that far."

Kai covered her mouth with her left hand, giggling to herself as she looked at the younger boy’s red face. “I can’t wait to explore this great big world, too.” Kai stretched her arm out, petting the Shinx pretending to nap upon her head. “Anté’s gonna be here to help us.”

Kai turned around towards the girl standing behind her, telling the group to head on out. "You're probably right, Shelly." Kai reached to grab onto the boy’s wrist. “C’mon, they’re probably heading out soon.” The girl continued dragging Zeta around her leg before reaching for Shelly's wrist with her other hand. The girl gave a bright smile to the friends around her before heading off to the ship, with the others in tow if they allowed.

EVERYONE

**NPCs at the scene: Gina, Zeta, 5 nameless Space Aether Employees**

gina_by_ninjacyndaquil-db69gmg.jpg

Gina turns to Kalva. "Oh, so Sal finally decided to show up." She merely glances at the Salandit. "It was a gift from my useless husband. Couldn't even get me a female one, but it's fine, Sal and I will be badass together anyways." She remarks whilst flipping her hair to the side and picking up her A-Comm again to type something. She pats Kalva's head spontaneously every once in a while, only stopping when she hears Radovan speaking to her.

"We'll have plenty of time to discuss this when your actual training starts." She answers without even looking up from her Comm. "So beat it."

Sal snorts approvingly to Gina's words and circles around Quina a couple of times, seemingly interested in her sketches...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other side, Zeta still clings to Kai and as the two of them move, so do Murki and Meggie follow suit. She's still holding tight and won't look around except when she hears some Pokemon nearby at which she glances with interest before digging her face into Kai's abs again.

When Gina notices some people have gone towards the Drill, she puts her Comm away.

"People, we're going!" She yells and arches her hand above her head to gesture towards the Drill so that the rest of the Cadets would go.

[Board the Drill - y/n]

-note: this will advance the scene-

"Huh?" Kai felt the girl clinging to her shuffle around, digging her head back into her shirt. "Something going on, Zeta?" Kai takes her hands back to Zeta's side before looking around. "We're only staying here so long, so no keeping it to yourself, young lady." Kai turned her head to Meggie and Murki. "I don't suppose either of you know what caught her attention?"

"You guys go without me." Kai looked towards her companions. "I'll catch up later on."

"Oh, I-I just thought I saw somethi-wha!" Zeta suddenly yelps as something is tossed between her and Kai.

sableye_by_ninjacyndaquil-db803lk.jpg

A Sableye jumps up waving its claws around seemingly randomly as it cackled.

Zeta at first seems confused and Murki and Meggie look angry, but then she smiles.

"Oh, hi Lumi~" She says.

Kai quickly jumped backwards when the shadow gets between her and her companion. As Kai swipes the Aether Ball from her belt, Anté jumps off of her head, ready for battle. Kai failed to immediately realize what Zeta said.

“I got this, Zeta.” Kai gripped harder on her Aether Ball, ready for a real battle. “Let’s go, Ant-- Wait, what?” Kai stops mid-speech as she processes her companion’s words. “Oh, that’s Lumi, huh?” Kai straightened out her posture before approaching her Shinx. “I’m guessing they came to go with you?” Kai deposited Anté back on her head, putting his Aether Ball back onto her belt. "Do they at least have the P-AZ Mechamon, still?"

"That's fantastic! I'm sure Sal will be a great companion." Kalva writes with a smile. Kalva pets Sal once more, then with Quina packs away her drawing tools. "See you Sal, we'll have to go soon. Quina can show you all her sketches if you come visit us in the Academy. Feel free to drop by anytime!" Quina waves goodbye to Sal. Kalva turns, snaps a few pictures of the beautiful crystal forest and Zeta before following Emmanuel into the drill.

"Okay! Let's go!" 

sableye_by_ninjacyndaquil-db803lk.jpg

Lumi cackles as Ante and Kai get ready to battle. He was already at the verge of making some very nice minced meat out of the poor Shinx, but unfortunately Zeta had recognized him.

The Sableye looks curiously at Kai, tolting his head at her words. Zeta's smile gleams back onto her face whilst Meggie and Murki look at one another in what could only be described as a very very very exasperated glance. Lumi then shrugs and shakes his head. You can assume he was shrugging at when Kai said that he must be wanting to come with Zeta and shook his head at the Mechamon inquiry. You wonder if he didn't have the Mechamon...would he be able to reply with anything other than confusion? Cause he certainly looked like he knew what he was shrugging about.

Regardless, Lumi looks back at Zeta and snugs up to her. The sight is almost unsettling to witness to an extent, as his unblinking gem-like eyes and his cackling grin persist through the cuteness of the scene as Zeta hugged him. 

"He probably already ate your toy. He can come too though, right?" Zeta asks the girl eagerly. Maybe it'd be good to get Gina to the scene...like, Lumi doesn't seem too trustworthy...and both Meggie and Murki are shaking their heads at you. Zeta, on the other hand, is smiling as blissfully as ever, patting his twitching head.

Edited by Bfroger6

“Can that toy even fit in his mouth?” Kai stepped closer to the Sableye, as Anté prepared himself to jump off at a moment’s notice. Kai gave the Shinx a pat on the head. “Thanks, buddy.” Anté growled back in thanks.

“Hey, lady! We could probably use some help dealing with this troublemaker!” Kai called out to Gina, not remembering if she got her name or not, waving her hand towards her as she kneeled beside Zeta. “Would keeping him in an Aether Ball be enough?” Kai spoke her words aloud, anyone close by able to hear her. “As much as I trust Zeta...” Kai looked over at the Murkrow and Gabite shaking their heads at her. “Probably should keep a few more eyes on him.”

"What is making you so nervous, Murki, Meggie?"  Taylor asks the Pokemon seriously, in a whisper, listening carefully to their answer.  He does his best to keep others from noticing... but he's not exactly the most subtle or socially adept person in the world.  

"Hm.  I believe we may have stowaways," Taylor states calmly, addressing the group as a whole. "I saw something moving out of the corner of my eyes.  Don't Sableye sometimes travel in groups?  I also seem to recall that they like to think they're clever.  This one is being very ostentatious.  I believe it is a distraction to allow its compatriots to board our vessel unnoticed.  I also believe this Sableye could be a disruptive influence on, well, everyone around it.  However, we are already accepting of many disruptive influences," Here he pans his gaze over the whole cadet group, not lingering on anyone specifically so it's impossible to tell who if anyone is the target, "So that in and of itself is unlikely to be a cause for concern."

Edited by DragonRage

"Yes. I do agree that this Sableye should be kept in an Aether Ball. It seems to be dangerous, even the Murkrow and Gabite look as if they dislike to be in its presence." Frederick supports the suggestion provided by Karla. Karla did initially tell him that he should go ahead, but Frederick chose to stay behind and see what is bothering her, rather than simply going ahead to the Drill. 

"You may have a point there, Taylor. I do think that this Sableye may be merely distracting us, and that his companions may be planning to board our vessel." Frederick responds to Taylor's sentiment, his hand was on his chin as if he was considering the options. "I suppose we should conduct a check on our vessel before we head out."

Edited by Monsieur Divergent

Radovan responded to Gina's statement by simply walking away, and after hearing Desmond's rather heartfelt reasoning he replied with a genuine sounding "I did not know that, that is a rather interesting fact isn't it?" He then idly waves at the Aron, before saying "You know....are you at all curious about why the others have chosen theirs? So far I seem to have gathered the fact that Sena finds it to a rather touchy subject, and I already know why I chose Larvitar of course.".

Sena sighes, after what Radovan said to him minutes ago.

maaan people really have to ask me that huh?

Verna is flying circling on Sena, she is quite worried with him.

"hmmm? don't worry I'm fine Verna, why don't yo stay inside and get some rest." Verna nodded as she went inside the Aether Ball

right time to go back to the drill, he thought to himself as he walk inside the drill

sableye_by_ninjacyndaquil-db889ax.jpg

Gina unwillingly walks back from the Nexus Drill at Kai's request. When in range to see the commotion, she yells: "I don't know and I don't care. You're already picking up some odd anomalous girl you found in this place, so a Sableye or two won't hurt anyone," proceeding to pull out her A-Comm and snapping a couple of selfies of her, Sal and pulling Kalva into one of them as well. "These are going on the Space-Face when we get somewhere with reception." She pats Kalva's head and leads him into the Drill.

"Even if it can't fit in his mouth whole, he could always just rip it apart with his friends and eat it in pieces~" Zeta replies to Kai.

Lumi seems displeased by Taylor's intrusion although it's hard to tell as his eyes are literally expressionless gems so it's hard to even pinpoint the direction he's looking at. He shakes his head at Taylor, Kai and Frederick, holding his hands together as if begging them not to doubt him. He then hugs Zeta again and she picks him up and cradles him in her arms. "I promise he'll behave~" She says with ignorant bias in her gleaming eyes and happy face as Murki behind her does the beak-wing equivalent of a facepalm. Meggie looks to Taylor for some support, proning him to still conduct the search even if Zeta won't let them put him into an Aether Ball.

[If you wish, you can conduct a search of the Nexus Drill's interior with the help of the Space Aether Employees, looking for the Sableye that may have hidden inside...]

“You guys should go check on the ship, I’ll finish up around here.” Kai spoke to her friends with a smile, before turning back to Zeta.

“I’d love to trust you, Zeta.” Kai scratched the back of her head, Anté jumping off to get closer the jewel-eyed creature. “But, it’s kind of hard to when Lumi isn’t exactly the nicest Sableye around.” The blue feline creature stood next to Lumi, softly jabbing at his arm in friendly jest. Kai let out a giggle as she watched Anté try to be friendly.

“If you keep him in an Aether Ball, it’ll be fine, otherwise we're not bringing him along.” Kai looked over her shoulder at the rest of Zeta’s friends. “They’ll probably want the same for them, too.” Kai took out Anté’s Aether Ball, showing it off to Zeta. “They’re super cozy though, don’t worry.” Of course, Kai didn't exactly know the inner workings of the device. Thinking about it wasn't exactly something Blake ever wanted to do, and she certainly didn't want Kai doing it.