Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

Oh. Alright, that's fine too. But please, don't strain yourself.

Kalva looks at Meggie a little worried, though he lets Meggie walk on her own. Perhaps they needed more time to trust each other. After all, she had quite a tough day today, must have been stressful.

<Kalva's Keen Eye!>

He looks around and notices a yellow object poking out of the ground. Curious, he walks back and leans down, examining the object.

"Tell me when you're done, Kalva!"

The Kakuna's constant glares bothered Emmanuel somewhat, but the others didn't seem to be in such a hurry to return, so he decided to wait. In meantime, he observed the grass and trees around the area, picking up identifiable herbs and berries.

Shelly remained quiet for the time being. Her one question, whether Zeta's Dad was here, had already been asked. Instead, she followed the party up to the house on the hill. It seemed to be the square which she had glimpsed earlier, but hadn't been able to identify. She briefly wondered how the other group was doing, but any fears she might have had were alleviated when she peered over Kai's shoulder at the A-comm. Sending strange fluids to people isn't what you do when you're in danger, so Shelly relaxed.

Radovan walked slowly towards the house, while muttering something about how this isn't what you mean by building a tree house, after a while he asked "How long has that tree been there?".

ZETA'S CREW

As you approach the house, its structure becomes clearer to you.

zeta_house_by_ninjacyndaquil-db46kst.jpg

Adorned by a calming, cyan hue emanating from the crystalline formation Zeta calls her house, the venue is a sight to behold, even more so for its simplicity. It also becomes clear that the tree sticking out of it isn't actually supposed to be there (it seems to have broken through the crystalline structure of the house).......and you assume the bushes around the house weren't there from the start either.........since, you know, everything else is just made of crystal.

Zeta giggles at her companions.

"I have cups, yes~Oh, and Father only comes once every year to check up on me, so he's not gonna get back home for a while." The girl says as if it was nothing, putting on a blysful smile. "The tree's a new thing. It's made out of w-w-wood? Oh, and these little trees are new~" She points at the bushes, confirming your hunches.

Zeta wiggles out of Kai's hold, stepping on her own two feet, albeit somewhat uncertainly. "Let's go inside so I can show you everything! And so I can give you the cup!" She adds as she gestures towards the door. You can either take her up on the offer or decide to explore the exterior of the house.

Anthony turns to Kai and Shelly and nods, while his Carbink floats around aimlessly, being all cute and stuff, like a rock with bunny-ears should <3 "There were three shadows that took it...those Sableye we saw, I think..."

"Sableye?" Zeta turns. "Luuumi!!! Oh, he's such a troublemaker!"

MEGGIE'S RESCUE TEAM (KALVA, EMMANUEL, SENA)

Emmanuel doesn't notice any unusual herbs. Everything he sees is straight out of the Academy's herbology book, listed as pretty generic flora for all the Micro Grid Preservation Nexuses. He comes across a wild Oran berry tree and picks up the 3 ripe berries dangling from its branches. Fortunately, the Kakuna let him do it without incident.

[Emmanuel got 3 Oran berries!]

Meanwhile, Kalva finds out that the yellow object is a Revive. He digs it out and puts it into the bag folder of his A-Comm.

[Kalva got 1 Revive!]

Meggie grunts and looks at Poochy, who puts her tail between her legs and whimpers, at which Meggie just snorts and crosses her arms.

If you're all done, you can kinda feel the Kakuna won't be happy if you hang around too long, even if you have saved the Beedrill, you were still the ones who KO'd them in the first place.

Emmanuel can run a basic check-up of the water-like substance's composition on his A-Comm if he wants.

“Eep.” Kai let out a quiet cry as Zeta got off her back. Shaking her torso around, she felt her balance return to normal with the weight off her back. Not that she minded it, the girl wasn’t that heavy.

“Father only comes once a year?” The girl heard about parents that go on long business trips, but that seemed a bit ridiculous. “What does he do? Where does he go?” Kai walked past Zeta, heading for the front door on her own.

“Oh, and I don’t suppose you can bring Lumi and his friends here?” Kai spun around and looked at Zeta before reaching the door. “I liked that doll, and would hope he’d return it.”

"Come now, you two. We're not fighting each other." Emmanuel put down the fight as soon as he noticed. "Kalva, we really need to go now." He said.

He ran a basic check-up of the water as he walked toward the exit.

A Revive? Out here? Well, I guess I shouldn't complain...

Kalva nods, pockets the Revive and skips back out towards Emmanuel.

Kalva types in the a-comm to update the home base of the situation.

"i rescued gabite and now heading back to her trainer. we are all safe :)"

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

"Where does your father go when he's not here?" Shelly asked, before realizing that Kai had just asked the same question. Feeling a little foolish, she followed Zeta into the house, and looked around, trying to get a feel for the style of the dwelling, and whether it had been made by hand. Perhaps she would notice certain items that would identify this as similar to a house from one of the Nexuses.

SPACE AETHER PRESIDENT HAETHER'S PRIVATE QUEARTERS (F 333,333) - 1:45 pm

**NPCs at the scene: Haether, Mason**

[VISUAL FEED REDACTED]

Music: Deep, deep conversations~

"Please, Mason, will you pass me that tea biscuit?" Haether asks nonschalantly, gesturing towards the Vice President as she read the reports on her A-Comm. "This is not good...not in the slightest..." She mutters to herself, but still waves her hand at him to hurry.

Mason, on the other hand, had been enjoying the view of the Prez's private quarters, located at floor 333,333 of the Headquarters. He sighs in annoyance as she requests the bisquit, which he eventually passes over to her from the jar on the table, subtly grabbing one for himself as well. Haether raises her brow at him and grins, at which he blushes ever so slightly, his face remaining stoic, however.

"Congratulations, it took you only 1 hour and 29 minutes to figure that out, Your Grace." He responds coldly, a bit rushed. He refuses to look the woman in the eyes, his thoughts seemingly wandering somewhere far away.

"Oh my, what a scary tone." She bites into the biscuit. "Suppose I should go assist the Retrieval Team personally?" She looks at him expectantly.

"No." He replies. "Putting you at risk is out of question with all the commotion outside, even if it would ease the masses. There's a lot of discord among the crowds. People have had loved ones in the Micro Grid at the time of #08's appearance. We have a huge rescue mission ahead of ourselves. And the timing couldn't have been worse-people are blaming us for it. Especially you, President. Someone seems to have leaked information into the public that you arranged the unannounced trial of the Aether Net system that ultimately disrupted the dimensional planes, causing an unexpected, massive emergence of the new Nexus. In a way, you really are to blame."

"I was the one who leaked the information."

"What?" Mason turns rapidly at the woman's words, shock apparent in his eyes.

She, however, laughs. "April Fool's, you big dumbo!"

"...but...it's not even April-!!! Nor are we still using that calendar..."

"Oh, I am well aware. That's the whole joke." The woman replies, going back to sipping her tea and reading the reports, leaving Mason to wallow for a while longer.

He seems to have broken from the conversation. He stares outside once more, mouth agape, dead inside.

ZETA'S RESIDENCE - ??? am/pm

**NPCs at the scene: Zeta**

"I think he just disappears for that time! One moment he's here with some funny looking Pokemon and the other they're gone!" Zeta answers joyfully. "My sisters go with him, though. They say I'll be able to go with them soon too. That the Thousand-Year Wait is finally coming to a close. I wonder what that means~ Oh, and I can't call Lumi back. If he wants to come back, he'll come back. Otherwise...I'm sorry for your doll. And Murki can't track him because he just moves with the shadows. Anyways, let's go in!"

Kai opens the door and Zeta and the others enter.

zetainterior_by_ninjacyndaquil-db4g51u.j

The interior of the house is bathed in the same bluish hue. However, the crystalline structure of the house has been fully equipped and is nearly unrecognizable from its outside composition. Various knick-knacks adorn the walls, with two frames leading on to a staircase and other leading deeper into the house. You assume that the tree sprouted there.

Zeta rushes into this doorframe and returns a moment later with a regular glass cup. She hands it to Kai happily and smiles. Murki perches onto a nest made for her up above the doorframe. Meanwhile, Zeta offers Carbink a place to rest on a comfy, antique-looking pillow. Carbink gladly accepts. She then welcomes everyone inside and offers them chairs to sit around the table.

Shelly finds nothing of note. Everything looks...normal. What you'd expect from a household. The only difference is the lack of any kind of food or drink in sight. Zeta also doesn't ask you if you'd wanna have a drink. You feel weirded out by this. Kinda.

"S-so, what were we gonna do now that we're here? Maybe you could show me the leaves on the wooden tree that appeared!" The girl turns to the crew.

MEGGIE'S RESCUE TEAM (KALVA, EMMANUEL, SENA)

Emmanuel's check-up yield inconclusive results. The water seems to be just that-water. Meggie looks away from Emmanuel and Poochy. She proceeds to walk in front of them, ignoring them as they left the clearing and the odd stone monument.

Kalva only needs to wait one moment before an audio channel opens up on his A-Comm and he hears Gina's blaring voice:

"Oh thank the Star, Kalva, my boy, you're all right! I am so happy, happy, happy!!! Hear that, Stu? Our Kalva is fine!"

Kalva knows that Stu is Gina's Skuntank.

"But don't do something reckless like this ever again! I'll report to the rest that you've eased the situation. You can look forward to some sort of reward when you come back, most likely. Now, HQ requests I inquire about this 'trainer' you just mentioned. Who is this person? Have they been transported here during the emergence of #08? Are there any more people with her? From what I understand from these readings, the rest of you are with this person already, correct?"

• Upvote 1

“Thank you very much.” Kai smiled back as she took the glass to her chair in the house, resting by a table. Kai pulled out her A-Comm from her pocket, sliding on the screen to find what she was looking for. “Ah, there it is.” Finding the Strange Water inside, Pressing the option on the screen to empty the contents, Kai saw the display start to look like a glass of water. Tipping the A-Comm over the glass, water began to pouring out from the top of the A-Comm. “I don’t suppose you know anything about this water, Zeta?”

Afterwards, Kai took out some of the branches she had acquired from earlier. Not thinking much about it, Kai poured a bit of the water onto one of the branches. Water plus plants usually equals something good, after all.

Putting the branch on the table, Kai decided to try something else. Getting her finger into the water, Kai tried to get a droplet onto her finger. It didn’t seem like anything dangerous, seemed clear and not too dangerous. Without thinking too much into it, she put her finger in her mouth to taste the strange liquid.

"Hm... nothing special. I swear it felt like it healed." Emmanuel said to himself, before putting the Oran Berries into the bag. He followed Meggie, as she seemed to know her way around these parts.

Radovan finally broke the silence by rudely asking "So while we wait for your father and the rest of the group, do you have anything to eat or drink? Or something to pass the time with?".

Kalva couldn't help but smile at Gina's response. She really was like a mother figure in Aether, always looking out for Kalva whenever she could.

"okay gina :)

we dont know much about the nexus trainer. emmanuel, sena and i had to split from the group. you can ask the other members though, they went to the trainers house"

Kalva then walked around and picked up various objects in the environment, so that when they come back they may analyse the nexus in detail. Quina would have also liked to see it, too. [Rocks, Leaves, Soil. Later, pick up glowing branch, and glowing soil]

He runs up and strides next to Meggie, smiling at her warmly.

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Sena has been quite silence for awhile, since nothing interesting for him came up.

Just like Emmanuel, he follows Meggie to go back home. On their way back, he observe the Kakuna... they seems really not happy that his group were overstaying their welcome.

"can we go a bit faster? I swear these Kakuna feels like they would evolve to Beedrill anytime."

ZETA'S RESIDENCE - ??? am/pm

**NPCs at the scene: Zeta**

Taylor's scan yields no results. There doesn't seem to be much of an electrical field present here. Certainly not enough to charge an A-Comm with. Even the lamps in Zeta's house glow a crystalline blueish hue. But the same hue looks very natural and doesn't impair your sight.

Meanwhile, Zeta excitedly ran over to Kai. "Oh, oh! It's the water from the Wishing Well!!!" She exclaims, checking the glass. To Kai and the others, it would probably be confusing how this girl could immediately tell this water was this specific 'Wishing Well' water, because it looks just like regular clear water to everyone.

When Kai poured some water onto the branch, strangely, the crystal seemed to absorb it and retained some of its lost glow. The liquid tastes like regular water. And doesn't seem to affect Kai in any special way.

"I can make healing potions out of this!" Zeta adds, but blushes and looks down immediately afterwards. "I'm not very good at it apparently...'cause Meggie's potion only made her feel worse..."

She is shaken and raises her head up at Radovan's words. "O-oh? E-eat? D-drink? What do you mean?" She replies, obviously flustered. "And Father won't be home for a while. I told you he only checks up on me once a year. He says he's busy prepairing everything. Sisters stay a bit longer and come around more often, but I don't think they're gonna be here for a while either..."

Obviously, Radovan's harsh tone scared the girl a bit. She looks at him with a boggled look, slightly frowning, and keeping her distance.

POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON - EXPLORERS OF KAKUNARKNESS (KALVA, EMMANUEL, SENA)

Kalva's A-Comm buzzes and the audio channel opens up again:

"Right, I'll tell the others to try and re-establish communication with the rest of your team. Right now, however, we're busy so it may take a while. Many people got stranded where you are. The Nexus appears huge, the largest terrestrial Nexus we've encountered so far. And it seems to stretch downwards as well into a formation of underground tunnels. We're attempting to scan it and rescue teams are already on the way. Things are looking up for everyone."

Meggie turns to Kalva, apparently weirded out by the boy's behaviour. She turns her head away shily and crosses her fin-arms, as if brooding over something.

The team, followed by the Kakuna's deathly stares of pure hatred, gets back to the crystalline part of the path. They can continue towards where they first encountered Meggie. From there, Meggie could probably lead them to Zeta's home.

Edited by Bfroger6

Emmanuel grabbed a small branch lying on the ground, 50 centimeters in length. He put it into his Bag and ran a basic analysis of it. "Meggie, could you show us the way to your home?" He asked. Should he get a positive answer, he would continue following her. Should he not, he would figure his way there once they get back to where they split up.

“Oh, I’m sure your medicine is great.” Kai ruffled the girl’s hair, trying to nudge her face to make the girl look up at her. “The ones back home taste so bitter, maybe you can make some that people enjoy.” Kai jumped up in her seat as she thought of an idea, looking towards Anthony’s Carbink on a pillow. “Hey, why don’t you make us some medicine? I’m sure Carbink would appreciate it later.”

Kai looked over at her A-Comm, noticing that it had been emptied of any “Wishing Water”, as Kai began to call it. Swiping her hand on the device, she changed to the messaging system, choosing Emmanuel as her recipient. “Make sure to leave a note on your A-Comm Map of where you got the water. Apparently it makes medicine! Kai sent the message on its way, hoping the boy had got the message.

Emmanuel's A-Comm suddenly rung. A notification. 

“Make sure to leave a note on your A-Comm Map of where you got the water. Apparently it makes medicine!

He took a look at the A-Comm's Map function. It was, by default, a map made of points and lines. His trail was recorded with a red line, coincidentally overlapping with the roads. He marked the forest boundary with a green line, and the crystal boundary with a purple line. Finally, he placed a blue mark in the forest clearing, indicating the location of the spring.

He sent a copy of his map to Kai, along with a message:

"Combine your map with mine, and send another copy back. We can then see how far apart we are."

Edited by IntSys

"What do your sister and father look like? What do they do when they visit?" Shelly was concerned, as things were becoming unsettling. She was a little excited about the prospect of medicine, and peered over to watch Zeta make it.

When she mentioned not knowing what eating and drinking were, Shelly smiled. This should be easy to explain, right? "Eating is when you put food, like the way pokemon eat berries, in your mouth to give yourself energy, and drinking is when you put liquids--water, juice, that sort of thing--into your mouth." Shelly brought her hand to her mouth, and mimed chewing and swallowing when she explained eating. Who would have thought that she'd have had to explain this to someone.

Edited by Strider

She seems to be brooding over something...I want to ask her what's wrong, but I don't want to push her too much.

Kalva looks concerned at Meggie. What was possibly bothering her? Hmm... perhaps the Nexus Girl knew, for she had raised Meggie?

It also occurs to Kalva that the Girl was also concerned about Meggie, and they forgot to tell her of their success. He took out his a-comm and wrote to Kai;

"hey kai, we re coming back

please tell the miss we ve rescued meggie and she is safe : )

but she seems to be sad about somethin"

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Kai took her A-Comm out, finding Emmanuel’s message for her. clicking on the screen more, she found her map, sending her own data the other group's way. “Looks like they’re not too far away.” Though, Kai wasn’t entirely sure how the map was laid out. The map scale could be much farther than she expected.

Kai noticed another message, sent from Kalva. “Oh, they got Meggie, Zeta!” Kai waved around her A-Comm, making sure Zeta could see the screen. “She’s safe, and they’re bringing her home now. Though one of them says she’s sad.” Though, Kai considered ‘sad’ an understatement. She did kind of attack them earlier.

Desmond

"Well, that's reassuring... The fact that they're fine, I mean." Desmond finally spoke. "At least now, we know everything's okay on their end." Again, he'd mostly kept quiet up until now, but whatever. He was mostly a listener, anyway. And the fact that things for the other group were as he said: reassuring. He didn't even realize they were gone until they were... well, gone. Good to know something good came out of it, though.

He went back to his silence for the time being, unless, of course, someone else had something to say about it.

Edited by Komodojoe