Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

Radovan finally had the time to pay attention to what the others, but mostly Taylor, were saying.

Which is why he immediately asked the....Taylor "You mean that the Sableye here is nothing but a DISTRACTION BONEBREAKER SQUAD and that somebody should really ignore the obvious threat and look out for the massive amounts of ranged support plinking away at your dudes while several smaller squads sneak around and secure literally all of the objectives? Because if so....".

Radovan sighed as he realized that his conversation with Desmond would be quite interrupted by the plan the others had cooked up "Right sorry Desmond, going to have to stop talking to you for a moment there, unless you want to come with me and stomp the Nexus 02 Scum squads inside of our Nexus Drill with our combined 00 Cadet Squad powers" after unleashing a torrent of Day of Chaos 10,000 references, he then glanced at the rest of the party, who may be wondering if he was just a really hateful person, or completely insane.

In response he would simply shrug and say "You shouldn't be offended, Nexus 02 Scum Squads are just the most economical Objective Secured squads in the current meta, although I do prefer the surprisingly better equipped and more expensive Nexus 03 Scavenger Squads".

After further confusing the group, he then walked into the nexus drill with his Aetherball in his hand, and the intent to find and defeat/capture a Sableye. Which is why he started to thoroughly search the drill for any sign of a Pokemon, and asked the Nexus Drill Employees if they had seen anything suspicious.

Edited by Cronos5010

sableye_by_ninjacyndaquil-db8ir3h.jpg

Lumi pokes Ante back, only his claws are rather sharp, so as to warn the Shinx, while still grinning innocently.

"Aether Ball?" Zeta asks in confusion. She looks at the Aether Ball Kai is holding out to her with an inquisitive look, clearly deep in thought. Lumi peeks from behind her and looks as well, putting a hand to his chin. He then pokes Zeta and when she glances down at him, he nods.

"Oh, you're ok with that?" She asks, smiling. Lumi nods once again and Zeta holds him up to Kai. "Okie, so how do we put him in?" She asks, while Lumi chuckles at Kai and Ante.

---------------------------------------------------------------

NEXUS DRILL

**NPCs at the scene: 3 nameless Space Aether Employees, Gina**

Emmanuel, Kalva (along with Gina, of course), and everyone else save for Kai, make it inside the Nexus Drill. The insides are what they're used to: a squeaky clean Aether white. There are no windows, of course, as travelling through the Anti-Space was hazardous even in this way. What they knew, however, was that the Nexus Drill functioned on the same principles as a Nexus did, utilizing a Shard in order to form a cohesive spatial integrity that protected it from being reduced to nothingess in the Anti-Space while also allowing it to break through other Nexuses' integrity. There are benches on either side of the vessel with enough space that the whole crew could sit down and comfortably strap themselves up. The Space Aether Employees are strewn around the place making final preparations for takeoff by doing their stuff on the many available computer interfaces that pop out of walls when you need them here. There should be luggage compartments (aka, read as: A-Comm docking points) situated above the benches, offering little extra hiding space. However, it might be worth a shot, since Sableye are Ghost-type Pokemon. Furthermore, there's the cockpit as well in the back area of the Drill but you can see it's sealed. Since there are only 3 Aether Employees you can see, you assume the other 2 are in the cockpit. By asking Gina, you may persuade her to open the cockpit for you with her clearance ID. There's also a toilet on one side of the Drill.

The Aether Employees have told you they haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

nexusdrill_by_ninjacyndaquil-db8is9x.jpg

Music: Atmosphere - Fading to White

"Here we are. Since you wanna do a search of this place, it's my duty to assist you in any way you want, even if this probably is a huge waste of time. Keep in mind that there aren't many places a stray Pokemon could hide in here."

[Search the Nexus Drill - choose 1 option as a group]

1.) Search the A-Comm docking point?

2.) Ask Gina to open the cockpit?

3.) Search the toilet..?

4.) Further question the Space Aether Employees?

NOTE: You must keep in mind that wasting time could alert the Sableye of your presence and allow them to find a better hiding spot. Therefore, you must choose wisely.

“Well, you have to...” Kai realized what she would need to say. “You know what, I'll tell you later.” Kai put away Anté’s Aether Ball, before checking her A-Comm to pretend she was looking for Aether Balls. “And it doesn’t look like I have any Aether Balls on me, anyway. We can wait until we get back to Space Aether, I’m sure.”

Kai pat Anté’s head before picking him back up. “I’m sure Lumi didn’t mean to be that rough.” Kai raised the partially hurt Shinx back on her head. "Keep a close eye on him until we get back to HQ. If he's out and about, we're taking him back and leaving him behind." Kai stood up before walking towards Murki and Meggie, speaking to them in a hushed voice. "Sorry, but I doubt Zeta would be okay with us leaving him behind. If something happens, I'm sure you both can keep him from causing too much trouble, right?"

Taylor chooses to search the toilet.  Sableye are pranksters by nature, and he bets one would love to jump-scare somebody while they're using the facilities.  However, since his meditite Jet can't actually touch a Sableye at the moment, he asks for someone with a more effective Pokemon to accompany him.

sableye_by_ninjacyndaquil-db8ir3h.jpg

Lumi shrugs and jumps into Zeta's arms. She looks at Kai. "Oh, so he's not getting a ball? Okie then~ You're funny, Kai, you made us all excited over nothing, haha!" She happily exclaims before marching towards the Nexus Drill. She seemed to have loosened up a bit. Murki and Meggie nod to Kai, with Meggie pointing at Murki and Murki proudly bowing in response to Kai's request, as if saying that she could definitely handle the goon if need be.

---------------------------------------------------------------

NEXUS DRILL

**NPCs at the scene: 3 nameless Space Aether Employees, Gina**

[Search the Nexus Drill - 3. Search the toilet...]

As the automated door opens as Taylor's holds his A-Comm to the lock, he is greeted by a normal toilet sitting in the middle of a really small square section of the Drill. The toilet is opened, though and as Taylor peers inside, he notices a rather out-of-place looking dark blotch sitting quietly in the shadows of the drainage. It appears to have not noticed him as of yet...perhaps he could handle it without any assistance?

Because Taylor knows that the toilet on the Nexus Drill is designed so that it shoots its contents out into the nothingness of Anti-Space where it merely disappears forever. So if he were to flush the toilet now...the dark blotch would be shot out of the Drill rather unpleasantly. Of course, to do that, he'd need to authorize himself using a high-ranking officer's A-Comm to the toilet's lever in order to disengage the automatic lock active while the vessel is grounded, which prevents the toilet's contents from just being spilled all over some populated Nexus for obvious reasons.

Gina is still waiting, of course, and if Taylor wanted to, he could ask her to lend him some help...

Reluctantly, Taylor approaches Gina, and addresses her.  "Pardon me, ma'am, but it seems something has attempted to enter our vessel through the toilet.  If Kalva were to need to use it in transit, he could be bitten on the butt, or just be soaked in toilet water, depending on what is in there.  Most unpleasant either way.  To prevent this, I suggest we flush this unwanted guest before it becomes entrenched."

• Upvote 1

Shelly wandered onto the drill, getting ready for their departure, whenever that may be. She stuck her A-comm in the docking port, and sat down, watching the interaction between Taylor and Gina. Simply over the past few hours, Shelly had developed a general dislike for the woman, based on her blatant favoritism and fanaticism. It would be fun to watch Taylor attempt to manipulate her. If it didn't work of course, Shelly would help deal with the ghost type pokemon in the toilet.

Radovan is of course the perfect gentleman, which is why he decided not to interfere with Taylor's line of questioning...it was rather interesting to watch the...Taylor attempt to push one of Gina's buttons. Radovan was rather ambivalent about the woman, as she had proven herself to be quite rude in the few moments he had spent talking to her, and she didn't seem to be the most cultured person in the world....especially with how close she seemed to be with the rather uncultured mute boy.

He then shrugged as he waited to try and find out what would happen next, and if the Ghost type pokemon was rather....stubborn; Radovan's Larvitar could just....bite it a bit.

"Hmmm?" Gina looks at Taylor, raising her head from her A-Comm. Her brow furrows for a moment but then her eyes widen. "You're right, we can't let that happen." She scoots over to the toilet and reaches out towards its interface with her A-Comm. A ping is heard as the toilet unlocks and, before anyone can react, she sets it to 'eject' and flushes it.

Meanwhile, outside...

A circular hatch open in the back-end of the Drill and, from there, a Sableye is shot out. It shakes its wet ears and gnarls before skittering off into the forest.

toiletscene_by_ninjacyndaquil-db8o0lu.jp

Gina stands proud before the toilet, glad that she could save Kalva the trouble. She nods with a stern look on her face.

"Problem solved." She says, walking out of the restroom cabin.

However, from what you gathered...there seemed to be 2 Sableye lurking about aside from Lumi. You only found 1.

[Where is the other?]

Shelly found nothing while docking her A-Comm

Radovan sighed in relief as he saw Gina agree to Taylor's request, and with the crisis having been averted for now; Radovan let the other members of the group search for the remaining Sableye, and only declaring his intention to bother the Space Aether Employees some more by walking up to Taylor and softly saying "Right, we both know that there is only one place to search, and that it is locked unless Gina opens the door to the place....Do you want to try and flip coins to see who has to convince her to do that? Or should we just push Kalva in the general direction of the cockpit with a badly written note saying 'May I see the cockpit Gina?'" he then stops for a moment to chuckle at the joke he had made, before seriously saying "Or we could just....have Kalva do it, although I feel that the knowledge we may gain from a less obvious course of action would lead to us gathering more valuable information about what we can get her to do by simply leaning on some.....levers" Radovan had a rather devious smile as he said those last words, and his eyebrows went up for a moment.

Edited by Cronos5010

Frederick peeks over the now empty toilet and frowns. Although the prospect of the unwelcome Sableye in the toilet may have been solved, he feels a bit sad that such a thing was done to get rid of it. It would have been more preferable if the stowaway Sableye was just kept in an Aether Ball. He decides to not worry too much and simply move forward. "I think the cockpit is the only likely place for that remaining Sableye to be staying in. I do not think there may be other available hiding places for that Pokemon." Frederick states with a serious face, his right hand was on his chin as he said this. "I suppose we should go and check it immediately before it may harm the Space Aether Employees in the cockpit."

Frederick moves closer to the cockpit's entrance and waits a few steps away from the door. "I do hope that if the other stowaway Sableye is indeed there, please do not treat it so badly like the Sableye in the toilet earlier. I hope that you can choose to simply keep it in an Aether Ball or release it safely outside."

Kalva squinted a little at Radovan's remarks. What did he mean by all this? Well, he did have a point that the only place left was the cockpit however.

Kalva turns to Gina, signing, "Gina, I think the other Sableye is in the cockpit. May we look inside to see if it is there?"

Radovan shrugged his shoulders at Frederick before attempting to put on a serious tone of voice as he said "It wanted to hitch a free ride to a Nexus and decided to hide inside of a toilet, it deserved every single moment of discomfort it felt during the way out. And let's face it, it is probably laughing about the big prank outside right now, also how many of you have empty Aether balls right now? It is probably a good idea to get some....In Fact!".

He then made his way towards the main room of the Nexus drill, where he rather politely decided to shout at any nearby Aether Employee the words "DO YOU HAVE AN EMPTY AETHER BALL? and may I please have one?" until they decided to give the rich man an Aether ball.

"I suggest we ask Kalva to assist us with this, but remain close in case the Sableye proves aggressively hostile," Taylor says, "And Frederick, I do not understand your concern.  The Sableye was released safely outside.  Ghost Pokemon are immune to physical harm."

“I’m countin’ on ya both.” Kai gave a pat to the two Pokémon, surprised to feel soft skin, rather than something rough covering Meggie. “Now, let’s get on the ship, so I can show you all Aether HQ.” Kai followed Zeta onto the ship, before rushing ahead of her.

Upon getting on the ship, she saw the girl she had been with earlier. “Hey Shelly, what’d I miss?” Kai jumped backwards onto a seat by her friend, docking her A-Comm into the appropriate port. “Place seems lively, did ya find anything?”

Edited by InnocentSerenity

"...Oh?" Shelly stifled a small yawn. "Some of the Sableye got on the drill. One was in the toilet, so they flushed it out, and I think they think the other is in the cockpit?" She gestured vaguely towards where Taylor and Frederick were conversing. "I don't know what they're gonna do, but I don't think they've done anything that could hurt the Sableye." Shelly added this last part for Zeta's benefit as she entered. Oh...speaking of Zeta...

"Zeta, we're going to be traveling to another nexus. I suppose...each nexus is pretty much it's own world, and in a little while, we'll be leaving. When the drill leaves, it'll be very bumpy, but don't worry too much. It'll be over very quickly."

"Of course, Kalva." Gina smiles at the boy, speaking in sign language rather than voice because screw everyone who isn't Kalva. She pat his head as she walked over to the interface and raised her A-Comm to it.

A soft *blip* resounded before the lock was released. The inside was unlike the rest of the drill-not Aether-white, but rather a series of monitors that exuded a bluish hue into an usually dimly lit room. Two Employees sat at the controls. However, it was immediately clear that something was amiss...and Gina could smell it.

Music: Sequence//WRONG

Gesturing for the rest of the crew to stay put, Gina slowly walked inside, moving inch by inch towards the closer Employee. A sense of tension runs down your spine as she reaches out to touch their shoulder...

And their body falls limply to the side of the chair.

nexusdrill_by_ninjacyndaquil-db947x6.jpg

"What the-" Even Gina backs away at this, eyes wide before they start darting around the room, scanning it for any sign of the Sableye. What this was must've been what the legends say of Sableye stealing people's souls and you were too late to stop it from happening while you investigated other hiding spots.

Suddenly, the monitors begin flickering rapidly and Gina darts out of the room, Aether Ball already in her hand. Zeta and Kai walk in at this time with Lumi, who cackles before melting into a shadow and slipping out of Zeta's hands.

"L-lumi, what're you-" Zeta tries to grab him but he's already slipped past both her, Murki and Meggie and even Gina, into the cockpit.

drilllumi_by_ninjacyndaquil-db948mi.jpg

The two Sableye join together, holding each others claws and cackling, completely ignoring the crew and everyone. By now, the other Employees have gathered around as well, gasping at what they saw. As this had happened, they didn't have much time to respond to Radovan and neither did Zeta have time to respond to Shelly.

However, in a completely unexpected turn of events, the other Sableye nods at Lumi before vanishing into the shadows, using them to move outside the vessel. There's no way for you to catch it. However, the Sableye's motives remain a mystery to you.

drilllumi_by_ninjacyndaquil-db9499z.jpg

[Lumi]

What are you going to do about Lumi? He doesn't seem to act hostile towards you at the moment. In fact, he's looking over at Zeta, who's holding her hands at her chest, Murki and Meggie standing between her and Lumi, with that innocent smile on his face again.

Emmanuel had been observing quietly. The state of the employees were upsetting, but he held it within his heart.

He held the employees' wrists up to his ears and checked for pulses.

Edited by IntSys

drillemployees_by_ninjacyndaquil-db94egj

Lumi follows Emmanuel with his gleaming eyes as he moves over to the Employees to check on their pulse.

Surprisingly, he finds that their hearts still beat. Both of them are fine, at least physically.

Radovan was rather shocked at this recent turn of events, and he immediately remembered his father's advice and sidled over to the bridge to try and cover his teammates, but before doing so he silently released his Larvitar from it's Aetherball for a moment. He then whispered the words "Are they still alive? And may I ask you and someone else to move them away from the Sableye?".

"They're fine. They're just unconscious." Emmanuel told Radovan. "Somebody take them to the quarters. We'll have to find the Sableye. They'd probably hide in dark places, so there are only so many places to look."

"Surely you guys have spotted at least a cave on your way here, right?"

Edited by IntSys

Radovan shook his head at Emmanuel's question before bravely bravely running away from the fight by simply putting the genie back into the bottle and dragging off one of the two Aether Employees, rather unfortunately he made very slow progress with the extremely heavy dead weight and said "Can I get some help with this? I think this guy has eaten one too many oran berries" before continuing to drag the employee away.

Shelly had jumped up when it became apparent that something bad was occurring. "Both unconscious? From the Sableye?" She murmured, almost to herself. Why were so many things going wrong?? Shelly lifted up the employee when Radovan requested assistance. "I don't think I'm likely to be much help, but..." She strove to carry her portion of the weight, though it might have been more akin to lessening the friction and sliding the man across the ground.

"Where are we taking him?"

Radovan was straining to lift the man up earlier, but Shelly's help allowed him to have enough remaining strength to put on his serious tone of voice and say "Well you know the Sableye that is potentially hostile and is the most likely cause of this man being comatose? We are taking him away from the bridge and somewhere comparatively safer, like the main room of the Nexus drill. At the very least we should be able to get the remaining employees to help us lift the other man out and keep watch over this one", he then tried his best to not cause any of the man's body parts to hit the walls of the Nexus drill, he didn't want to save the man from a dangerous situation only to cause him to die of brain injuries after all...

Kalva frowns as the other cadets took away the unconscious employees away. Though he believed Pokemon were all inherently good, he was no fool. The sableye had most likely knocked the employees unconscious, and it was in no way something they should pass over lightly.

Keeping Quina tight to his chest and away from any reach from any shadowy claws, he walks around the room and slowly checks the panels and controls to see if they are still functional.