Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

"Well, there's our ticket home," Emmanuel said, "I'm not in a hurry, though. I wonder if the Exeggutor came with a few Exeggcute." He curiously paced around the base of the Exeggutor.

"When one of its heads grow big enough, it'll fall down and grow into an Exeggcute. Give it enough time and you can get a dozen of Exeggcute in your backyard!" He noted excitedly, as he looked around the room for Exeggcute.

Kai looked outside, noticing the vehicle piercing through the sky and into the new Nexus. “That’s the rescue team, huh?” Kai jumped up with joy, realizing she’d finally be able to get back. Soon she’d be able to return home and maybe see mama again. Kai turned around, going to retrieve her tool belt from the ground, before seeing the friends she made here.

“Zeta, that’s our ride home!” Kai took the belt off the ground, quickly strapping the belt around her waist before grabbing the girl’s hand. “C’mon, we can show you Aether HQ, it’ll be fun.” Kai lightly pulled Zeta, waiting for her to answer before leaving with her.

Desmond

"So much for subtlety..." Desmond said, somewhat aggravated by the amount of noise that came from the nexus drill. Seriously, could they have been any louder?... Actually, don't answer that. "Well, at least they're here, I guess." He proceeded to the drill with most of the other crew, keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. Something is bound to be attracted to all this noise, and it would be better if he spotted it before it spotted them.

KALVA

**NPCs at the scene: Gina**

Gina's mouth opens to form an 'o' when she sees Kalva running up to her. She knockes herself straight into him, the impact force softened only slightly by her unaccentuated chest features, and catches him into an embrace.

"Kalva oh Kalva I thought you were gonna die everyone told me not to worry but it was horrible I don't wanna leave you from my sight ever again!"

She shouts at him then nods, seeing what he was trying to let her know.

"Alright, we're here now, so we'll take everyone back home. But first we must get you some water and oh I brought cookies too, here you go." She hands Kalva a chocolate-chip-Oran-cookie that she produced from a pocket of her pants. "Stu wanted to come too but you know how my darling husband is, he was worried I was gonna overreact and have him burn everyone except you, my darling little Kalva, down~can you believe that!?" She pats his head, pulling another cookie out and taking a bite out of it. She then takes Kalva's hand, ignoring any and all people who might've come out of the house in the meantime, taking him for a walk towards the Drill. "I bet Stu's gonna have a fun time spewing toxins all over my husband's toys once I get back home. I told you how he freaked the last time I had him do that. I think that's when he started putting a lock on his Mechamon collection. A toxin and heat resistant lock. Too bad nothing can stop a Salandit's poison, though. Have I mentioned I was gonna be getting a Salandit soon? Apparently the last batch of Cadets that've gone through my training regimen have turned out splendid so the HQ are rewarding us. Speaking of, congratulations on your graduation! I almost forgot, silly me! Here, have another cookie to celebrate and I'll have something really special to show you once we get to the Drill. I'm sure you'll love it."

As Gina's unending barrage of words continues, Kalva would notice the Nexus Drill coming into view. And with it, a set of 5 Space Aether Employees and a Cadet he'd recognize from the pictures they'd been shown prior to the graduation ceremony of their new soon-to-be partners. He can't recall his name, though, but it would occur to him to wonder why this guy hadn't been with them until now.

(Kalva and Gina have joined with Frederick; they cam interact now)

RADOVAN AND DESMOND

Radovan and Desmond encounter no problems on their way to the Drill.

(Radovan and Desmond have also joined with Frederick)

FREDERICK, KALVA, RADOVAN, DESMOND

**NPCs at the scene: Gina, 5 nameless Space Aether Employees**

With the 4 Cadets joining together at the Nexus Drill, some interaction is bound to occur. The Space Aether Employee Rescue Team asks the arrived Cadets for their A-Comms, promptly scanning them before giving them an all clear as they conclude their identities.

Gina, of course, shoos the one trying to scan Kalva, threatening to rip the hair straight off their scalp if they even thought about doubting in Kalva.

KAI

**NPCs at the scene: Zeta**

Zeta appears distraught by the appearance of the Drill, even as Kai explains that it's their ride home. Meggie shows even less cooperative behavior, shying away from the girl's offer. Murki only observes from above.

As such, Zeta only allows Kai to pull her a couple of steps before stopping and looking at the girl with a confused look in her widened eyes.

However, this state only seems to last so long, as the girl eventually nods and jumps over to Kai's side. These people have proven that they're trustworthy enough by helping rescue Meggie. "Mhm, let's go, I wanna see your house now! Bye bye, Mr. Exeggutor Tree! I'll see you when I come back!" She waves at the sleeping Exeggutor, which remains unresponsive. The girl smiles at it all the same. Meggie and Murki seem confused by her response but give in to her positivity. She was their dear Zeta, after all.

"Oh, oh, I see some of you guys have already left! You must really want to get back home! I can't wait to see where you live! Is there crystals there too or are your trees wooden and with leavs?"

(Kai and Zeta proceed towards the Drill-they will arrive with the next post)

EMMANUEL, TAYLOR, SHELLY, SENA

Emmanuel finds no sign of any Exeggcute. If he remembers well, Zeta mentioned strange Pokemon she'd never seen before attacking Meggie, presumably at the time they'd all appeared in this Nexus, along with the Exeggutor. If he wants to find out more, he can ask her.

Taylor would be able to notice this and remember he'd heard Pokemon on their way to Zeta's house. However, they were skittering sounds and not...egg-jumping sounds. Is there a tropical Pokemon that hunts Exeggcute?

“There’s plenty of leaves for you to see.” Kai picked the girl back up, giving her another piggy back ride as she made her way to the door. "We'll take you to see all the Nexuses out there, and you can see all the pretty worlds like this!" Before following the rest, Kai remembered a small problem she had.

“Your family knows how to read, right?” Kai pulled out her A-Comm, switching over to the printing application. “Sorry, we took Zeta for a bit. We’ll come back in a few days to bring her back, don’t worry.” Thinking nothing wrong with the message, Kai left a signature before printing the message, paper appearing from the top of her A-Comm. Ripping the paper by the perforations, she put it on the table that had the branches and water from earlier. She put the water and branches away into her A-Comm before following the others. "C'mon, let's go!"

"I suppose...there's nothing else to do for now." Shelly watched as the Nexus drill landed with its characteristic disruption of the tranquility, and when Zeta and Kai had exited, Shelly left a brief message of her own before following. "Contact us at the Aether Academy if necessary." With that simple addition, Shelly felt that there was less chance of the "father" panicking when he found the house empty with a large hole in it.

She followed along behind Zeta and Kai, casually eavesdropping, though she wouldn't admit that to herself. She simply thought of it as following in a subdued manner and accidentally overhearing what was said.

Kalva smiles and nibbles the cookies as they walk towards the drill. Though her words were a little overwhelming, all were in good intention and Kalva didn't want to make Gina upset. She reminded him a lot of his overprotective mother back in 02. 

I wonder what she's doing right now? Well...I made my friends promise that they would all protect Mum when Dad comes back. I trust them to keep her safe.

His eyes light up at the sign of the cadet that just arrived. Though he would be normally shy around foreign humans, the presence of Gina made him feel much safer. He waves at the new recruit.

F...fr...hmm, I can't remember his name. I wonder if he can use sign language? 

Radovan is unfazed by Red's lack of response, and immediately grasps the man's shoulders, and unleashes his family's signature crushing death grip hug on him, and finally he walks away without saying anything to the man, just to make him feel a lot more guilty over not joining up with the rest of the group to meet that odd duck thing.

He then sidles over to the many Aether Employees and starts telling them about what he has encountered while also asking if they had anything to eat or drink.

Frederick is taken aback by Radovan's sudden tight hug and it takes him a bit of time before he recovers from it. After he does recover from it, he looks to Radovan and says, "Thank you Radovan for that warm welcome. We have not been really close in the First Academy, but I hope to work well with you."  

"Greetings to all of you, my fellow cadets! I am Frederick Lennon, and I am here both as a member of the rescue party and as a part of your group." Frederick Lennon motions to the front of the three cadets who were now with him, and bows as he introduces himself. "I am pleased to meet you all formally."

Frederick straightens up himself and continues to speak with a pleasant smile on his face. "We are going to be working with each other in the coming days, weeks, months, or even years, so I would like to know you better and I hope to start by learning your names. If you have any questions that you would like to ask of me, I am open to answer them."

Edited by Monsieur Divergent

Radovan emitted his best "That creepy uncle" laugh and went over to Red and pat him in the back quite suddenly before saying in his best 'Excited Rich Cadet and inappropriate' cadet voice "Oh stop being such a bore Red, you're out in the wilds, live a little! See in the sights, follow the group outside of your little nerd cave for once in your sad, sad life." he then turned to look at Kalva's handwriting, and finally asked in a voice that would perhaps be appropriate in someone much older and larger "So how was your little adventure Kal? It's good to see you alive man, I would hate to have to fill out some extra paperwork, so ya did good kid, I'll buy you a golden leafed sundae or something later.".

So, this is the Kalva whom Gina ran off to for. He seems to be a good person, Frederick offers his hand to Kalva and grins at him, "I am glad to meet you, Kalva. I hope we can become friends."

Frederick turns to Radovan, who seemed to be doing an imitation of a snobby rich male, "I am not really sure what you mean, Radovan, but I am pleased to meet ypu formally as we have not been well acquainted in the Academy."

Radovan snickered at Red's response, and he turned to face Kal and hide his face from Red while pointing at Red with his little finger as he mouthed the words "Neeeerrrrdd, try and hug him all the way out of his room or something".

He then faced back to Red with the straightest face possible, as if he hadn't been talking about the man while his back was in no way shape or form turned (Because he technically didn't), and replied with a gentle tackle and a teasing "It's because you are a ronery nerd with no real social life Red, now as I was saaaying." Radovan then gently tried to lead Kal somewhere else by wrapping one of his arms around the kid's shoulders, and holding them tightly while walking somewhere else.

If Kal decided to escape he would walk over to Desmond and say "So Des, what was your specialty back in school? Everyone has one yaknow, that one thing that you always did better than anything else.", even if Kal hadn't escaped, Radovan would still walk over to Des with the mute (and definitely not cute or anything shifty eyes) young man.

Taylor heads for the Nexus drill to report in.  Protocol and common sense dictate that his observations should be logged for future explorers even if he is not assigned to help explore this new Nexus.  And that spectacularly unprofessional, emotionally compromised officer needs to be reported as well before she gets someone killed.

"Already leaving, huh? Always in such a hurry. Well, Sena, I doubt if they'll just wait for us here, so let's hit the road." Emmanuel sighed and looked at the sleeping dragon one more time. "I'll be back to unravel the mystery of this world. Just you wait." 

"I'll try to get you some snacks later, and then you can meet my friend, Solosis!" He smiled at Poochy.

He left the house and followed Kai back to the Nexus drill.

KAI, SHELLY, EMMANUEL, TAYLOR, SENA

**NPCs at the scene: Zeta**

Zeta happily hops onto Kai's back, letting out a small giggle. "Of course my family can read~" She says, clearly fascinated by the paper that magically appeared from the A-Comm. "What else can it do?" She asks Kai as they walk down the hill.

Meggie, Murki and Poochy all follow.

Anthony and Carbink also follow.

Shelly, Emmanuel, Taylor and Sena go with them and arrive at the Drill's landing site without incident.

(All Player Characters are together now)

EVERYONE

**NPCs at the scene: Gina, Zeta, 5 nameless Space Aether Employees**

Radovan, having asked for food and drink, is approached by one of the Employees, carrying packed energy bars and bottles of water from the Drill. Others may join in if they're hungry too.

Kai, Shelly, Taylor, Sena, Emmanuel and Anythony are also scanned and given an all-clear. Zeta, on the other hand...

"Who is this girl?" One of the employees asks, approaching Kai and Zeta. "We can't seem to catch her A-Comm signal. Is she one of the people that were also caught in this incident?" The Employees also eye Meggie, Murki, Carbink and Poochy distrustingly. Meggie and Murki glare back at them. A few of them reach for their Aether Balls.

Zeta looks over at Kai confusedly and lowers her head. "..."

Gina is patting Kalva's head and seems to be lost in her own world, not noticing any of this commotion.

“I don’t know what it does, really.” Kai swiped at the device’s screen, looking through the dozens of functions inside. “I just sort of look for functions when I need them and find them all.” Looking for a feature on a whim, Kai found what she was looking for: Videos of Purrloin Mechamons napping. “Definitely does a lot, though.”

Upon reaching the others and being asked about Zeta, Kai put her A-Comm away. “C’mon, don’t be shy.” Kai motioned for the girl to step back onto the ground, intending for her to talk as well. ”I’ll introduce you, don’t worry.” The girl cleared her throat before speaking. “This is Zeta. She saved some of us from that Gabite over there.” Kai pointed a finger towards Meggie. Realizing the implications of what she said, Kai waved her hands towards the Employees reaching for their Aether Balls. “Meggie's not hostile anymore, though. You can put those away, none of them are hostile."

“She lives here alone and her father doesn’t come often.” Kai gave a bright smile as she looked at the Employee. “I thought she’d be lonely here. Can we bring her with us to HQ? I’m sure she won’t make a fuss.”

Radovan took some time out of his eating, drinking, nerd embarrassing, and disabled person praising to walk up to Zeta and Kai's position "She is a native resident of this Nexus, and she has first hand experience with the many mysterious phenomenons that I think a group of better equipped and Pokemon carrying cadets should investigate later, like for example, us after we have received all of the Pokemon we were supposed to get during the ceremony." And with that said and done he turned to face Zeta and said "Maybe we should leave something behind for your Father, perhaps a written note explaining that you have gone to the first Nexus?".

"We did that. We left a note saying that Zeta would be back soon, and that if he needed to find her, she'd be at the Academy." Shelly turned to the Aether Employees. "When we arrived here, she was already here. She seems a little naive about society, and has lived here all her life. It's kind of odd, so I think the Academy should investigate?" Shelly then took one of the energy bars, and munched on it, listening to the others.

Radovan deftly took an energy bar, and opened it with the one hand he wasn't using to abduct Kal, and after a while he pointed to the one nerd inside of the room with the energy bar and said "His name is Red, top of the class in first academy, also voted least likely to have friends or a romantic relationship, if Emmanuel is a bit of a nerd on a scale of 1-10, this guy is enough of a nerd to cause you to need a new chart, but he is excessively polite so we tolerate him somewhat, just don't talk to him about any academic subjects if you don't want him to drone on and on for an hour or so.".

Frederick sees that the other cadets have already arrived. He approaches them and reintroduces himself, "A pleasant day to you. I am Frederick Lennon, a fellow cadet and I will be working with you from here on. I am glad to meet you all." Frederick does a short bow, and extends his hand to the other cadets.

"If you have anything you would like to ask, please do. I will try my best to answer it." Frederick tells them with a refreshing smile on his face.

"Nice to meet you." Shelly said. "Which academy did you attend? Can you tell us a bit about yourself? My name's Shelly, by the way." Shelly had settled on doing her best to oppose Radovan in his attempts to make the recruit feel uncomfortable, so she had immediately launched into the only bit of conversation she could think of.

Edited by Strider

"Pleased to be acquainted with you, Shelly." Frederick replies to the cadet before him. "I am a cadet from the First Academy, which I attended with Mr. Radovan here."

"Tell a bit about myself..." Frederick's cheeks turn a little bit red as he says this statement. Apparently, he is not used to answering this kind of question. He tries to regain his composure, however, and begins to share a bit about himself. "Erm- how do I begin this? I decided to be a cadet because I wanted to see the many Nexuses in this universe. I wish to explore the land, and to bask in the great wonders of our world. Yes, I do admit that that seems to be an eccentric reason, but this has been my dream since I was a child. I would also like to meet different pokemon along this journey, and I have Theodore, my Stufful companion, to thank for my appreciation of pokemon. It is my earnest wish to accomplish these dreams of mine with all of you. That is what I can say."

Edited by Monsieur Divergent

"Oh, sirs, allow me to introduce to you my friend and companion, Poochy," Emmanuel said, "With what you did to Solosis, I guess you won't allow her to roam free, either, am I right? Just give me the ball. I'll do what is needed according to 'PEACE'." He put his hand toward the employees, asking for an Aether Ball. One could clearly tell that he didn't want to do this very much from his tone.

*PEACE: Pokemon Encountering and Capturing Exercises

Kalva shakes Fredrick's hand. He seemed like a good person. 

Kalva's eyes lit up at the mention of a pokemon name. A stufful - he didn't see them in 02, but he had heard of them before. Fluffy doll-like pokemon.

Wow, Fredrick already has a companion? He doesn't look like he's from 02 though. I guess he met them in the Academy.

Kalva continues to write,

"my friend is a ralts and her name is quina! she really likes painting so when i finish school im exploring with her to see knew landscapes!"

He then looks at Emmanuel, then at the Aether employees with a wince. Kalva really didn't like the practice of having to 'catch' his friends. Like it tried to force some kind of false dominance over others. To him, one had to earn their friendship - and in battles, the trainer's job was to assist the pokemon in their battling. Sometimes he wouldn't have to tell the pokemon anything at all, sometimes he had to show them what to do. But never for a fleeting thought did he think he had 'dominance'. It was strangely comforting to see someone who was reluctant with the concept as he was.