Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

Kalva looks at the girl and the quickly fleeing Gabite. To help one was to lose the other; who was he going to choose?

The girl, he decides, is safe. There are many cadets to help her and there was already someone tending to her wounds. He feels much sorrow leaving her behind, but the Gabite was a priority. There was no-one tending to her and as far as he knew, the Gabite was in mortal danger at the least. There needed to be someone tending to the Pokemon, albeit a bewildered and confused one.

He tears off a piece of paper from his notebook, and quickly scrawls a note.

"tracking meggie. sorry for making her angry"

He throws it to Emmanuel to give to the Nexus Girl, and with a-comm in hand, quickly runs to the direction in which the Gabite ran.

Pulling up his communication, he quickly types a message. A rush of concentration made him much more fluent than usual.

"Gabite running to unknown location. Tracking requested."

Although the crushed trees and the path of destruction was pretty obvious to track, digital tracking would give a surefire way.

He also adds to the message, "Any ideas to calm down Gabite?"

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

"Ah-" Emmanuel caught the note. He turned his head to the crying girl and her Murkrow. He knelt down and hugged Poochy tightly, comforting her. "There, there... " He knew that there was nothing he could say to comfort the girl. He took a glimpse at the note. tracking meggie. sorry for making her angry

He quickly turned around, only to find that Kalva had already hit the road. He sighed quietly and left it on the ground, near the girl.

A broken piece of tooth was left before Emmanuel. He picked it up and recognized it as that of a Gabite's. The tooth reeked of Meggie's smell and a hint of blood, perhaps from the wound she had sustained from confusion. He quietly slipped the tooth into his coat pocket, hidden away from the girl's sight.

Maybe Poochy can track down Meggie... but I can't put anymore work on the poor pup. Staying here is no good, either... Emmanuel put down his coat and had it cover Poochy. "It's up to you whether you want to, buddy." Somewhat dispirited, he gave chase to the mute boy. He wasn't sure what he would accomplish on his own, but he felt like it was his responsibility, to finish what he had started.

He grabbed a broken branch from Meggie's path of destruction, one meter in length, and ran.

Edited by IntSys

Right after Kalva sends the message, he stops briefly to pick up one of the broken crystals. Meggie looked like it was attracted to this material, and he recalled that Gabite liked shiny things.

He notices running in his direction; Emmanuel. So someone was coming with him too! That was great - Kalva was worried that he might have to hold down Meggie, and though he was rather strong in his own right, there was no chance he could hold down Meggie for long.

He gives him a curt, determined nod and sets off again. As much as he wanted to slow down to run with Emmanuel, there was a hurt pokemon out there. He needed to help. There was no other way.

After a while Radovan simply paced back and forth while idly examining the broken crystal branches for any sign of shinyness, and he then turns to face the forlorn female before saying "I am sorry, but I have yet to catch your name miss?".

Sena try to befriend the Murkrow, but it seems that it really distrust him right now, giving up he decide to look around and noticed that both Kalva and Emmanuel is missing, leaving Poochy.

Don't tell me those two are planning to find that Gabite alone he didn't bring Poochy... figure the pup is pretty terrified right now...

He decide to find them by following the path of destruction that Maggie have left on her rampage.

here goes nothing. as Sena rushed to their location.

The girl breathes in and out...calming down somewhat.

zetaintro_by_ninjacyndaquil-db2mw9o.jpg

"I-I'm fine, t-thank you..." She says to Kai as she hands her a handkerchief, using it to wipe some sweat off her forehead with shaky hands. She looks confused when the girl pats her and flinches a bit. "It's alright...you couldn't have known so it's not your fault...it's mine..." She adds. "My name is Zeta...I-I live here...and this is Murkibyte...the Gabite, Meggie, is a friend..."

"KRA!!!" The Murkrow, perched upon the girl's shoulder, spreads its wings and lets out a shriek as it is called. It eyes Sena for a moment, frowning as to signal to him not to get any closer.

It nods with satisfaction when the boy runs off.

The girl, calling herself Zeta, doesn't notice Kalva, Emmanuel and Sena going after Meggie. She also doesn't notice the paper at the ground. You can assume she's still shaken up and doesn't have enough shits to give to such menial things (like counting all of you or looking at notes left on the ground) at this moment. Instead, after they've already gone, she exclaims. "We should probably leave Meggie alone for now...I'll take you over to my house, we can search for her later..." She still seems shaky on her feet, even as she tries to move and lead you to her house, so maybe one of you should let her lean against you?

Radovan sees that while most of the crystals have been drained of power and/or utterly crushed, there are still a few glowing faintly. Meggie had been thrashing recklessly, so she hadn't cared about smashing into every single one of them.

Shelly's A-Comm buzzes with a message popping up:

"Good to hear! We're getting in contact with the Prez, apparently, she ran into some press trouble. Damn #07 news-people, jumping at the first mistake she made! Mandibuzz, I say, Mandibuzz!!!"

(OoC: The Cadets are splitting into two groups again; Group 1 is Kalva, Emmanuel and Sena)

Poochy looks confusedly at Emmanuel as he leaves her behind. She whimpers, her tail between her legs...but she can't let him go alone. He's helped her, so she was going to help him, even if it meant going against that Gabite.

"Boooooooooooooooooooooooooof!" Poochy lets out a determined howl as she shakes her fear away, and then runs after Emmanuel, quickly catching up to him and barking to get his attention as they ran.

dungeon1_crystalforestg1_by_ninjacyndaqu

[Poochy's ATK is at +1 now]

Kalva's A-Comm buzzes.

"Kalva, no! It's too dangerous!!!" Gina yells. "I'm not giving you the map! I don't want you to go against any wild Pokemon without one of your own!"

The path of Meggie's destruction leads in only one direction for now. However, the team eventually runs up to a crossroad, with one path leading left and the other right.

Emmanuel should let Poochy follow the smell from Meggie's chipped tooth. As you immediately pursue, she could not have gone far. If you keep at it, you might find her smashing some more trees and absorbing their energy too.

"Poochy... " Emmanuel turned back to Poochy. He shed a tear, but he wiped it quickly. He then stepped forward and took back the coat from the pooch. He took out the tooth from the pockets and gave it to Poochy.

"I just need you to find Meggie with this. Help me out, will ya?" He followed Poochy as she sniffed for Meggie.

“‘Zeta’, huh?” Kai giggled as she heard the girl’s name. “That kinda sounds like a boy’s name.” Kai let go of the girl, letting her direct the group towards her home.

Kai took notice of the branches on the floor, surging with energy. “Mama might like these.” Kai grabbed as many of the stray branches she could. “I might need these, too.” Kai continued to grin happily, getting back onto her feet to follow the girl.

Kai noticed Zeta’s troubled stride, realizing she still might be hurt from what happened. Without speaking, Kai ran past her, stopping in front of her before crouching down and lifting the girl onto her back in a piggyback ride. “You’re still hurt, lemme help you out.” Kai kept a tight hold on the girl’s legs, hoping she wouldn’t fall over. “Lead the way, Zeta!”

GROUP 1 (KALVA, EMMANUEL, SENA)

Poochy sniffs the tooth, wagging her tail happily at Emm. She lowers her snout to the ground, tracking the scent, before raising her head and looking to the left path. "Boof!"

Take the Left path, y/n? Will you trust Poochy?

EVERYONE ELSE

Kai picks a couple of branches up. She can't carry too many as they're both sharp and heavy.

"O-oh!" Zeta exclaims surprisedly as Kai catches her in a piggyback. Murki flaps its wings and opens its beak as if to start bawking again, but she sees the girl's good intentions and just shrugs. "T-thank you..." Zeta adds and relaxes a bit on Kai back. Kai would only then notice how tense the girl had been until that moment. "We should go there..." She points at the path leading left, the one from which Kalva, Desmond and Taylor had arrived. "...or we could take the one Meggie made..." The girl adds, somewhat dispirited.

Pick which path? (up or left) You reckon the path Meggie made (up) was the faster route. But still...

"I think Zeta is perfectly suitable for a girl's name, ending with 'a' and all..." Shelly's frown shifted to a small smile though, as she watched Kai lift up the girl. It was a very kind thing to do after all...One thing that Zeta had mentioned seemed a little odd though.

"You have a house then? What's it like? Did you build it yourself? How'd--" She abruptly cut herself off, not wanting to overwhelm the girl.

SHELLY

"Uhm...it was here when I got here." Zeta looks at Shelly. "And it's square, like a house. And it has a roof. Or well, it had a roof...but then some weird looking green trees suddenly appeared in the middle of it and broke it down...that's when Meggie got hurt and Lumi ran off..."

EMMANUEL

"Boof!" Poochy wags her tail and barks proudly. She follows Emmanuel.

[Poochy and Emm have grown closer <3]

“Don’t worry, I gotcha.” Kai had a big grin on her face as she looked over her shoulder at the girl. “I won’t drop ya.” Kai adjusted her hold on the girl, making sure the two of them were comfortable before moving on. "And maybe you can tell us who Lumi is on the way."

Kai noticed the path split, thinking about which one to take. "Let's go that way!" Kai pointed her hand towards the upward path. "If Meggie ran through it, it’s probably safe.” Kai tried to put together her reason to go that way as best she could. “Everything’s probably too scared to get close to the path of a Gabite, don't you think?"

"Hmm..." Shelly followed slowly behind Kai as she ascended. Everything here was very disorienting, and normal reasoning was likely fruitless. Perhaps nothing would make sense. However, whether in vain or not, Shelly cogitated on the subject, twirling a lock of hair as she did so.

"Some green tree things? How long ago did they appear?" Could it be possible that they had arrived at the same time that their group had been thrust into this world?

Radovan had been busy grabbing one of the glowing branches and hadn't really been paying any attention to what Zeta had been saying, and although the Murkrow was quite interesting it was already owned by someone else, which was.... Something.

Radovan found it quite funny that three of the others wanted to impress the girl by charging towards danger and not actually staying to accompany the lady back to her house, after a while he finally said "Do you guys really want to charge after the giant and wildly trashing Gabite with no real plan other than the old 'let Zeta handle it'? Or do you guys want to walk towards the remains of a home and investigate the green tree like structures that were said to be the cause of today's shenanigans? Well you know what my vote is".

Taylor follows Zeta and the crew towards her house, keeping a careful watch for wild Pokemon.  He pays especially careful attention to the sides, and rear, knowing that people tend to pay more attention to where they're going.  The last thing he wants to do is chase after a berserk Gabite.  But a less dangerous and more cooperative wild Pokemon could be a vital ally in such uncertain conditions.

Kalva looks at the message, squints and types back,

"I'm so sorry Gina. This is important."

He rarely ever defied Gina's decisions, so it pained him to write this. But this was a pokemon in trouble, and he felt like it was a part of his unspoken duty to protect all pokemon, at the very least someone so helpless and confused as Meggie.

He nodded vehemently, and rushed off in front of the group in a full sprint. They needed to go faster!

GROUP 1 (KALVA, EMMANUEL, SENA)

Kalva, Emmanuel and Sena encounter no problems as they follow Meggie. The path they took bears no sign of destruction, so they can assume it is natural in formation. The right path also bore no sign of destruction, but that is irrelevant. Meggie seems to be following the natural paths now, probably because she got hurt in their previous encounter.

After a while, the path turns right and as the group follows it, they begin to hear sounds of flowing water. Furthermore, they can see strands of grass growing in quantity as they progress. The trees are losing their shine on this path and soon enough, the group comes across the first biological tree in this world. And then another. And another. From the branches of one of the trees, Kakuna vigilantly observe them as they pass by. The soil isn't warm anymore. Instead, it is...normal.

The path goes only further in one direction now. At its end is probably Meggie, but you can never know.

EVERYONE ELSE

Radovan picks up a couple of branches without incident. They're really heavy.

"...I-I guess so..." Zeta stays silent as they go down the path Meggie made. It seems to ascend ever slightly, possibly leading to a higher ground. The signs of Meggie's outrage are clear here, as everything is full of broken shards of crystal and crystal branches, many without their shine.

Taylor is the first to hear some scuffling from the side of the road, like pairs of little footsteps passing them by from the forested area to the right, but it fades in the distance as it moves faster than them.

After a while, Zeta speaks up again.

"Lumi...Lumi is a prankster. He is always trying to run off and harrass other Pokemon...that's why I kept him in the house, so he could learn to behave or just stay with me...but now he got away and I don't know where he went..."

She turns to Shelly.

"They appeared just now...they looked like the trees around here, but they were brown and had weird green things growing on them..like hair! And a bunch of Pokemon leaped out of their hair at us...Meggie tried to protect me but there were too many...and when I panicked I accidentally gave her too much medicine and she got like this..."

"Hmmm well this is interesting." As he saw the extreme change in scenery, from crystal tree into a real tree and grass. A bit fascinated by it.

"never thought we would finally see for ourselves how that Nexus eating other Nexus and gaining it's characteristic theory with our own eyes... this quite an amazing discovery... well for me."

Sena proceed to find any destruction that Meggie might have left... but to his surprise, he found nothing.

"hmmm this place look... normal, no sign of destruction... I'm assuming Meggie has finally calmed, well guess what she needed was a knock on the head."

"And what exactly is contained in one of these healing potions? Also leaves are an integral part of any non crystaline trees as it allows them to process sun light and water into the energy they need to continue existing, but please tell me, how long has these leafy trees existed here?" Radovan said as he carried his newly obtained and hopefully glowing branch.

“You really don’t know what a leaf is?” Kai giggled to herself again, jostling Zeta around. Admittedly, leaves weren't exactly something she saw often, either. Gear City wasn't famous for greenery by any stretch of the meaning. Kai gave a glance towards the man who had tried to explain a leaf to what was probably a child. “That’s not how you explain a leaf to a kid. Lemme try.”

Kai pointed to one of the trees they had passed by. “See these trees? Well, I want you to imagine them made of a brown material. It’s all rough, but people use it for a bunch of stuff. They call it 'wood'." Kai stretched her right arm up, mimicking a tall tree to the best of her abilities. "There are ‘leaves’ at the end of the branches that let them grow up to be the big trees.” Kai scratched at her cheek, realizing how hard it was to actually describe a tree to a little girl. Probably should've given the guy a bit more credit for his explanation.

“Hey, maybe we can show you one some other time." Kai bounced up again, an idea coming to her. "Oh, maybe we can bring you with us to Aether HQ!” Kai swayed around to the sides, shaking Zeta around with her. “I’m sure you and your parents might feel safer there than around wild Pokémon like the ones around here, don'tcha think?”

Kalva looked around as he ran, and sure enough, the crystalline trees were giving way to biological trees. And no sign of struggle or blood. Sena was right, or Kalva hoped he was. It was impossible to calm a frenzied pokemon. But a little more calm one, they could try coercing her to go back to the Nexus Girl.

Meggie... please, stay safe!

He continued to sprint through the woods.