Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

GROUP 1 (EMMANUEL, RADOVAN, SENA)

Emmanuel's A-Comm beeps after a short while:

"Gee, that's a mighty fine written report, mr...I presume you'd be Emmanuel. That's what the screen says here...I-I can't do this...is there really no one who can show me how this dispatching stuff works...Raaaaaaay-"

The transmission cuts off just as the groupd reaches the clearing and sees Kai, Shelly and Anthony there. And a small Carbink.

[GROUP 1 meets up with GROUP 3, forming the new GROUP 1 (EMMANUEL, RADOVAN, SENA, SHELLY, KAI, ANTHONY)]

GROUP 1 (EMMANUEL, RADOVAN, SENA, SHELLY, KAI, ANTHONY)

The small creature plops up and starts levitating in front of Anthony, spinning around eagerly. It seems to be rather lively and grateful. It then notices Anthony's shades and sees its reflection in them. It cocks its head to the side.

Thinking back, Anthony recalls the Sableye have also been strangely focused on his shades.

The Pokemon then shakes its little head and continues floating in front of Anthony.

Music: Won't you come with me?

[Anthony befriended the Pokemon! His A-Comm identifies it as a Carbink!]

[Do you want to give the Carbink a nickname?]

As the other group approaches, Shelly's A-Comm buzzes and Ray speaks again:

"Oh, guys, there's another group of people approaching you! We have the readings but please confirm that they're the other Cadettttttt-"

The transmission is interrupted as you hear a bellowing roar somewhere in the distance in the direction where Radovan, Sena and Emmanuel have come from.

Poochy barks and tries to dig itself into Emmanuel's armpit. She seems scared...

GROUP 2 (DESMOND, TAYLOR, KALVA)

The Patrat nod at Desmond and Kalva as they make their escape. They salute them before running off into their holes, tunnels or whatever they lived in.

[Taylor, Desmond and Kalva have earned the Patrat pack's trust, however, they won't tolerate you if you trespass again]

Desmond and Kalva meet up with Taylor.

Meanwhile, Taylor's A-Comm buzzes:

"Did you just leave Kalva behind, you heartless monster!?!?!? I hope you get eaten by that Garchomp!!!"

Gina shouts her face off through the Communicator. In that moment, however, she notices Kalva's message and breaths a sigh of relief.

"I'll forgive you this time, but watch your back! And Kalva, you shouldn't follow those tracks. Judging from the picture your so-called friend sent us, this creature is highly volatile. Our analysts have, however, deducted these aren't Garchomp tracks. They're actually Gabite tracks, but they're incredibly oversized. Something must have triggered such rapid growth in that Pokemon. I repeat, do not follow the tracks! There's reports saying that the other two Cadet groups have met up. You should see if you can reach them. They should be at the end of the road leading to your riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-"

The transmission is interrupted suddenly, as you hear a bellowing roar followed by the sound of crashing in the distance. As you look down the right path, you see a violent, red glow slowly growing in intensity, approximately a 100 meters away from your position, closer to you than the other group you don't yet know about. The crushing sounds come from that way, and before you know it, a Gabite, at least 2 m in height, bursts out from behind the trees, crushing them seemingly effortlessly, scattering broken crystal everywhere. It is surrounded by a red hue. It bellows as you look upon it, but doesn't seem to notice you. Instead, it stops and violently shakes its head around before clutching it with its talons. Fire spreads from its mouth as it roars again before digging into the fallen branches, absorbing the energy flowing through them from the Nexus...

megabyte_by_ninjacyndaquil-db1tz2r.jpg

"GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Music: This is what we've trained for...

All your senses are sent to overdrive by the chilling sound. You have two options, either face it, or run down the other path. You can't turn back to the Patrat. Unless you wanna get torn apart. Well...you might get torn apart anyways.

Edited by Bfroger6

"We should retreat down the path we have not tried yet.  Very quietly," Taylor suggests, "Gabite are very aggressive, but they do not stray far from their hoards of crystals and they are uncomfortable in open spaces.  If worst comes to worst, I believe I can distract it long enough for you to make your escape... but I would really prefer it not come to that."

"G-Gabite!" Emmanuel looked back to Poochy, who was filled with fear. "It must be the predator. We can't run away from the threat anymore."

"That Carbink... we may have a chance!" Emmanuel motioned for the group to go toward the path that lead directly to the Gabite. He ran toward it, picking up fallen branches if possible.

"Oh, they must have liked my sunglasses. They are rather shinny." Tye light glints off his shades. "A Carbink huh? It seems to like me. Come on, little buddy, let's go." Anthony gives it a pat on the head and turns to his companions. 

"So what's the plan?"

Desmond

"Yeah... Let's not have it come to that." Desmond replied. What Taylor said was kinda contradictory to what he did before, but whatever. He slowly, quietly made his way down the other path, constantly switching his gaze so he can keep an eye on his group, the giant Gabite, and to make sure ha doesn't step on anything that might make noise.

Radovan instinctively reached for a pair of sunglasses that wasn't there and calmly stated "I guess they are about to have a Gabite taken out of them" he then walks towards Antonio Dexter, looks disapprovingly at his Carbink, and states to his A-Comm "Command this is Cadet Radovan, we, as in a group consisting of Cadet Emma and Cadet Sena have successfully met up with Cadets Kai, Cadet Antonio Holmes, and Cadet The Constipated one, AKA Shelly, they appear to have befriended a Carbink, which would be useful against the Gabite we have detected if it wasn't for the unquestionable fact that it is part of a team of Two Pokemon that has yet to be caught in an Aether ball against what I can only assume is a very angry cave Pokemon, also the fact that Carbink is composed partly out of Jewels, which Gabite just love to collect, we still do not know what happened to the other group, but we can only assume that they are in a Rock and a Hard Place situation right now, please tell me that you acknowledge this fact, and I hope that the other group won't be Yeah this has been a fun vacation over, I just wish that we won't get fooled by that weird Duck thing again, over".

Edited by Cronos5010

"Carbink's known for its durability. We can use it to protect us. Gabite is not known for its defenses, but rather its offenses. Like a Rock against Scissors, we can whittle it down with ease!" Emmanuel said.

"I say that we should throw Antonio Dexter and his Carbink at the Gabite as a distraction, and have the rest of the group seek out the hopefully still intact missing cadets." Radovan walked over to Antonio and said "Cadet! It is your civic duty to prove yourself by not dying horribly while we perform this rescue operation, and yes at best your Carbink will only be able to Throw Rocks at it and perhaps even do something to dodge Ground type attacks, but feel assured in the fact that Emma here might be able to back you up with his Poochyena at some point, and that his healing branch will help you a lot more than the Poochyena".

Kalva gulps, watching the Gabite. He slowly and cautiously creeps up to it, and, taking one of the crystal branches from the ground, he sets the crystal down near the Gabite. Standing a little ways to the side, he waits patiently with more crystals in hand.

Although what he was doing was dangerous, he needed to know if the Gabite was willing to cooperate. If not, he'd simply lead the Gabite away from the group and not let it attack the other cadets. 

If, in the off chance, however, the Gabite calms down... well, he'd have more friends, right?

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

GROUP 1 (EMMANUEL, RADOVAN, SENA, SHELLY, KAI, ANTHONY)

The Carbink would follow Anthony wherever he went.

Poochy doesn't seem to want to go towards the Gabite, but...she will follow Emmanuel.

Meanwhile, Shelly's A-Comm buzzes:

"Can you hear me? A sudden burst of energy disrupted the signal, but it should be fine now! We're reading a massive Class-B Pokemon energy signature somewhere in the direction of the rest of your friends! They might be in danger! If you have Pokemon as you say you do, move and help them!!!"

It's Ray again. She seems really panicked.

"Oh boy, oh boy...where's the Prez..."

Group 1 can't yet reach Group 2. However, they see and hear the Gabite and its red aura in the distance.

GROUP 2 (TAYLOR, DESMOND, KALVA)

As Kalva carelessly approaches the Gabite, he disturbs it during its...feeding (?) time. The Gabite immediately looks in the direction of the footsteps and sees the boy.

megabyte_by_ninjacyndaquil-db1tz2r.jpg

"GYAAAAAAAAAABITE!!!!!"

Player v Boss combat initiated! It's a Gabite!!!

Turn Order: Gabite -> Kalva

Gabite has [Fountain of Life]; its stats went up!!!

Music: This is what we've trained for...

Gabite (F), Lv 17

HP: ####################

ATK: 134

DEF: 84

SP.ATK: 76

SP.DEF: 81

SPE: 113

Nature: Lonely (+ATK, -DEF)

Ability: ---

Moves: Slash (PP: 19/20), ---

The Gabite lets out a roar before dashing directly at Kalva. Faster than the blink of an eye, Kalva would get slashed apart by its sharp fins...had not a flash of light from somewhere above suddenly stunned the Gabite, sending it writhing to the side, missing Kalva by quite a distance as it got blinded.

"Murki, Confuse Ray!"

???'s [Awakening] is in effect; Murkibyte can utilize its Hidden Ability!!!

*ACTION RULING*

Spoiler

Murkibyte has Prankster -> Confuse Ray insta-hits

Gabite is now confused!!!

Roll: 2

Gabite hurt itself in its confusion!

Gabite takes 60 damage!!!

The creature groans as it tramples around, smashing itself against the ground and hurting itself in its frenzy. Meanwhile, a black-feathered bird swoops down from above, carrying along a...girl? They land between Kalva and Gabite, turned towards the Pokemon.

megabytezeta_by_ninjacyndaquil-db22y4b.j

"Meggie! What're you doing!? Stop, please!!!" The girls exclaims, looking at the Gabite. She seems distressed, as if watching the Pokemon in hurt brings her pain as well.

Also, she addressed the Gabite by a nickname.

The Murkrow looks over at Kalva, perching on the girl's shoulder. It eyes him for a moment.

"Kro-!!!" It cries out, attracting the girl's attention. She turns around and sees Kalva. "Oh, p-people? I haven't seen any other people here.......I hope you're not here to hurt Meggie! She's a good girl! She's just...I don't know what happened...I made her some of the life extract because she got hurt by some new Pokemon that I've never seen...but then she grew and started breaking everything! Ohhhhh I must've made too much...it's all my fault! Maggie, I'm sorry!"

HP: ####################

(OOC: Everyone is free to post. The Turn Order is cancelled for now.)

Edited by Bfroger6

After the last message from the A-comm, Shelly peered off towards the source of the disturbance. She could just barely make out what appeared to be a Gabite charging a figure. She spoke softly into the A-comm.

"It's hard to tell, but I think it's a Gabite? We're a ways off...I'm not sure we'll be able to make it in time." It seemed that someone was quite close to getting mauled...

"No...wait. I think it stopped for some reason. I can't quite tell. I'm going to look for a way over..." Shelly, still watching the distance figures, stared down the path to see if it would take her nearer to the Gabite or if there was any other visible path through the trees.

GROUP 1 (EMMANUEL, RADOVAN, SENA, SHELLY, KAI, ANTHONY)

Shelly and others could continue down the path that lead off the clearing. The closer they got, it would be easier for them to discern that it was indeed a Gabite and that it was thrashing around on the road. There were also two figures visible near it now, but they're standing idly and the Pokemon isn't targeting them at the moment.

"Ahhhhh-! If you can, you should hurry! Gabite are really dangerous and we don't know if your friends have any Pokemon with them to defend themselves!!!" Ray answers immediately. Her worry is apparent in her tone.

“You heard her, friend!” Kai grabbed onto Anthony’s wrist, pointing in the direction of the cry. “That’s a Carbink with ya. A Fairy type will do wonders against a Dragon.” Despite the severity, Kai simply smiled as she spoke, pulling on the boy’s wrist without moving him. “Let’s go! We’ll get there faster if I pull you along, I bet.”

Radovan nods and proceeds to speed walk in the general direction of the path while typing in the words "Gabite detected, other Cadets in possible danger, no time for puns or impressions, currently considering the possibility of us beating it with a Carbink and a Poochyena " before sending the message directly to mission command.

"It is... confused?" Emmanuel ran closer to the frenzied Gabite, but the girl with a Murkrow immediately caught his eyes. Hm... the Murkrow must have used Confuse Ray. The girl must be trying to pacify it. How can I help...

He looked back to the Gabite, suffering from confusion. "Poochy, cover the Gabite with Sand Attack!" With a bit of hesitation out of fear, Poochy kicked up specks of dirt with her hind legs, covering the Gabite's body with a thin layer of dirt. The specific heat of dirt is quite low. I can use it to sap the excessive energy!

Edited by IntSys

Taylor leaves cover and heads for Kalva and Mystery Girl, standing between Kalva and the Gabite as he's confident he can take a hit better than the headcase with no self-preservation instincts.  "Hello.  I am Taylor.  Desmond, who is still hiding, Kalva and I were stranded here by an unknown force.  This Gabite has been trained by you?  Do you know what happened to her?  Perhaps we can convince her to calm down."

Kalva jumps back out of harms way, looking at the new human who had just emerged. He winces every time the Gabite thrashed and hurt itself, as if he was subject to pain instead of the Gabite.

Oh no, what have I done?

He drops the crystals and stamps his feet, not knowing what to do.

Oh, what would Quina say? What would she do? Get help...? No, it's too slow!

Kalva gets a handful of dirt and throws it over the Gabite. If he couldn't do anything to help without a Pokemon, he would at least try to distract the pokemon enough for the new girl to figure something out.

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Desmond

"You know, even though you can't see me, it doesn't exactly mean I'm hiding." Desmond said to Taylor as he walked back to the rest of the group. "...But the rest of that is true, though." It was apparent that he was talking to the girl this time, but he didn't turn toward her until after he spoke. He heard enough to know that neither her nor the Gabite were the real threat around here. Well, the Gabite was a threat right now, but only until it can be calmed down. Question is, how do they go about calming it down?

...That's a good question, actually. From what Desmond could see, there's no good way of doing that. Of course, that's just his angle. Someone else probably has a better idea. Guess there's only one thing to do now. "Er..." He turns his attention back to the new girl. "We don't have any Pokemon on us, but is there anything we could do to help?"

GROUP 2 (TAYLOR, DESMOND, KALVA)

The girl turns to Taylor and looks him over. She seems confused for a moment, perhaps by his odd dressup, or perchance something else, but she shrugs and focuses on Meggie again. She was her priority.

"Noooo, Meggie isn't mine. I mean, I keep her at my house but....she was a Gabite when I got her. I really don't know much about how to battle...Murki does most of the work..."

She says, clasping her hands together on her chest. The pouch she carries jingles as if something inside hits something else inside. Murki lets out yet another bawk in confirmation of the girl's words.

Meggie is still trashing. You can hear audible gasps from the girl. She flinches as she hears Desmond and addresses him without turning around.

"I-I don't know how you could help...I don't know...There's no other humans around here...no one to help us...ah-what're you doing!?"

The sudden appearance of Emmanuel and Poochy alerts the girl as they approach Meggie from the other side. She also reacts to Kalva throwing dirt at her.

"S-stop it!!! Meggie doesn't like getting dirt on herself! That's why she couldn't live underground! S-S-ah!!!"

Meggie, angered by Poochy's attempts to neutralize her by throwing dirt at her, directs her rage at the young pup. Poochy's eyes grow wide with fear.

Meggie has [Fountain of Life]; Meggie recovered some HP.

*CONFUSION RULING*

Spoiler

Roll: 22

Meggie is still confused!

Roll: 8

Meggie hit herself in confusion!

Meggie takes 60 damage!

The Gabite turns at Poochy, readying another slash attack. However, as she tries to swing at her, sharp pain shoots through her head, causing her to yelp in pain, miss her attack, and start thrashing against the ground again.

The Mystery Girl turns at Emmanuel and Poochy with teary eyes filled with anger. She runs over towards the raging Meggie, while her Murkrow flies up and showers the Gabite in black feathers which catch onto her, reducing her thrashing. The Mystery Girl, without any fear, throws herself at the Gabite as she rages, catching her in an embrace around her neck.

megabytefeather_by_ninjacyndaquil-db2eoz

"MEGGIE, STOP!"

However, angered as she was, Meggie does not comply. Having been dirtied and assaulted and confused, she didn't know where to go and what to wish for. So she shook the Mystery Girl off herself, throwing her by the side. Meanwhile, she roared again and ran off into the trees on the other side from which she came, crushing them as she passed through.

"GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...."

[COMBAT RESOLVED]

You got 0 Exp

You got 0 EP

Emmanuel received an item: Gabite Tooth

At Emmanuel's foot, he find part of a carnivorous tooth that the Gabite had likely splintered as she thrashed around. Maybe Poochy would be able to follow the scent? Not now, however...the poor puppy is trembling beyond control.

You can hear the Mystery Girl sniffling as she gets up. She almost falls right back down, seeing as that fall must've hurt a lot.

You wonder if you should approach her...she could be really mad with you.

Also, you don't like the way her Murkrow eyes all of you as it perches on the Girl's shoulder.

(OOC: GROUP 1 has joined with GROUP 2)

Edited by Bfroger6

Taylor offers the girl hand up.  "That went... sub-optimally.  Do you wish to pursue?  And if you do pursue, do you have a way to calm your wayward Pokemon down?  If not, doing so is unfortunately likely to result in additional injuries."

Kai had only just showed up as the Mysterious Girl was thrown to the ground after latching onto the Gabite’s neck. She felt worried for the girl, and immediately let go of Anthony’s wrist to help her. The glare from the Murkrow wasn't enough to deter her.

“Are you okay?” Kai ran towards the mysterious girl, looking for some kind of piece of cloth on her person. Tearing off a piece of her clothes didn’t sit well with her, but she was in luck to find a handkerchief in her pocket. “You’re not hurt too much, are you?” Kai pulled the girl into a hug, leaving the hankie in her hand. “I’m sorry about your Gabite. We didn’t mean to anger your friend.” Kai pat the girl’s head, trying to calm the sniffling girl. “Don’t cry, I’m sure we can patch up anything in pain.”

"Is the Gabite yours, then? I'm sorry if we caused the problem; I don't think any of us meant any harm..." Shelly trailed off. She wasn't skilled at saying the right things or giving comfort. She often couldn't think of anything that wouldn't sound hollow, and without meaning when someone else was in pain. She decided to perform a different task. Keeping her A-comm on mute, she send a text off on her A-comm to the people who had been delivering instructions: "Met up with other group. No one hurt as far as I know."

Radovan calmly walked over to the crying lady and said "My name is Radovan, I apologise for the brashness of my colleagues, but when we saw your dear Meggie trashing about near our compatriots, we simply feared the worst. I am very sorry for any plans we have ruined with our sudden arrival miss?".

The girl is crying, seems we blew up her chance on calming the Gabite, and it left while still in an uncontrollable state... damn... this situation is getting bad for us and the pokemon that live here...

"We're very sorry for what happen with the Gabite... to make it up for you, we'll help you find her and calm her down, what do you think?" Sena try to calm the girl, he wanted to get close to talk to her but he saw how the Murkrow reacted, it still sees them as an enemy.

"it's okay, you can trust us... we won't harm anyone or anything." He try to reassuring the Murkrow