Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

P-AZ looks up and a message pops up at Radovan's A-comm: "You have to properly describe the attack you're doing, else your Pokemon will not know what you want it to do."

(OoC: Radovan forfeits his action this turn. Simply stating the action doesn't cut it in PvB. You need to roleplay the fight properly.)

Kai

“Sorry, can’t let you do that, Ice Beam! The jewel on the Starmie’s center began to glow a blue color as ice began to form in front of it. “Take aim and push the Dodrio out of the way.” The ice crystal began to shoot a white stream of cold energy at the Dodrio, aimed to strike at the side and push it away from its target.

Action: Ice Beam to push the Dodrio back with 234 Special Power

Edited by InnocentSerenity

"Hit the Dodrio's legs and necks with Bullet Punch!" The Scizor leaped at the triple-headed ostrich with both of her hands glowing light blue. Her eyes sharpened as the Dodrio entered her range, then, she unleashed a flurry of punches at bullet speed, spreading evenly between the necks and the legs. As soon as the volley of punches ended, she stepped back to avoid Starmie's line of fire.

Action: Bullet Punch to hit Dodrio's necks and legs with 180 Attack Power

Radovan's Tyranitar looks confusedly over at its trainer, raising its nonexisting eyebrow at the boy, doing nothing.

P-AZ doesn't seem to care enough to tell Dodrio to gtfo of the way from the two attacks launched at it, and so Scizor's punches strike directly at it, hitting the legs and neck only moments before Starmie's beam of light hits it from the flank. The bird shrieks thrice more as it's launched in the air before dispersing back into strings of data.

*TURN RULING*

Radovan's Tyranitar is waiting

Spoiler

Emmanuel's Scizor's Bullet Punch slides past Double Edge and hits P-AZ's Dodrio (correction: Bullet Punch's power is 330):

88 -> fails to crit

Dodrio takes 280 damage

(??? HP)

Kai's Starmie's Ice Beam hits P-AZ's Dodrio:

2 -> CRIT!!!

It's Super Effective! Critical hit!

Dodrio takes 522 damage

(0/400 HP)

P-AZ's Dodrio has fainted!

p_az_s_dodrio_by_ninjacyndaquil-dazvbwc.

The Sandstorm subsided.

Everyone's boosts have faded.

Everyone is back at full health.

PvB Combat resolved,

congratulations!

Radovan, Kai and Emmanuel have successfully defeated Dodrio!

You haven't noticed earlier, but P-AZ is nowhere to be found. It disappeared with the Dodrio. Your Pokemon, on the other hand, remained, and have somehow been fully healed.

The plain remained as well, a silent warm breeze caressing your hairs. Everything is silent.

Almost too silent...

Meanwhile, in the conference hall, an applause roars before President Heather as she stands on the stage before a large screen displaying a red plain...

(OoC: You are free to interact with one another as you will. You have 2-3 days depending on how active everyone is. Enjoy laughing at one another for your incompetence in this battle~)

"What a surprise. It was a test," Shelly murmured. Not a very difficult one, it would seem. The three students had each been given incredibly powerful Pokemon, two of which had resisted the Dodrio's attacks. The only question had been whether these people were able to work well with their unfamiliar Pokemon. One of them definitely failed this test. He's either overconfident, or simply an idiot. Laughing maniacally at everything, and then failing to get Tyranitar to attack? And he's supposed to be graduating?!

After standing in silence for a moment, Shelly spoke up a bit.

"There'll probably be another battle. That was simply too easy. If this is really a test for our graduation, I'll bet that they have something more in store for us."

In the silence that followed the cacophony of this first battle, Shelly sat down on the ground. She felt carefully around with her hand, trying to grasp the connection between the virtual images and the actual texture of the ground. She pulled out her A-comm, and checked for any messages and fiddled with some of the settings. She hadn't felt the signature vibration, but it was possible that she had missed it while watching the battle.

Edited by Strider

Kai Eoland

“Haha!” Pumping her fist into the air, Kai cheered in delight from completing the challenge. “Nicely done!” Running up to her Pokémon, the girl patted its top most arm. “Ya did a great job there, Starmie.” Despite the direct hit from the Tri Attack, the Starmie was all healed up, looking as if it hadn’t even gotten into any kind of scrap. Looking at her A-Comm, Kai confirmed the Starmie’s perfect health. "Get some rest, Starmie." Outstretching her hand holding the Aether Ball, Kai recalled the sea star creature back.

Feeling the breeze against her hair, Kai held down some of the loose strands blowing annoyingly in her face. The red plains stretched out far, the girl wondering how easy it’d be to just keep running until she couldn’t anymore. “I wonder what it must’ve been like to live here back then. Must've been amazing.” Pulling her head back to look at the red skies, Kai wondered how it shone this unnatural color. Certainly wasn’t an explanation Kai was gonna figure out any time soon. Still, it did look beautiful to the young inventor-in-training.

Hearing the words of the girl behind her, Kai smiled in her direction. "Well, hey, another battle wouldn't be too bad. Sounds pretty fun, I'd say!" The blonde-haired girl sat down on the ground as well, awaiting whatever would come.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

There'll probably be another battle. That was simply too easy. If this is really a test for our graduation, I'll bet that they have something more in store for us."

"Not to mention that only you three were tested. The rest of us have just been standing here. 

Well fought, by the way. Could use some improvement, but hey, no ones perfect."

Ah, a test. I'm glad that wasn't a real pokemon; it would have been most unfair for the 3 of us to gang up on one.

Kalva smiled and waved meekly at the 3 cadets who had managed to finish the battle so easily.

Certainly, they are very good at battling. I wonder if they have encountered real pokemon before?

Introductions? It will be rather pointless if we don't pass the test, but then, everything's pointless if I don't pass...

" I am Shelly Ashton."

Fairly brief, but Shelly could think of nothing more to add. She resumed fiddling with her A-comm.

The young girl spun herself around from her seated position, her blonde ponytail bobbing up and down. She looked up, staying seated as she looked up at the other graduates. “My name's Karla Eoland.” She gave a big grin to the others. “Just Kai is fine, though. It’s nice to meet you all!”

Radovan recalled the Tyranitar into its Aetherball with a simple "Tyranitar, return" he then proceeded to spend sometime contemplating the fickle nature of the room they were in and how it's general morphability pertains to the uncaring universe they lived in before attempting to do some backflips.

Just kidding he was busy walking towards Anthony Dex while contemplating those thoughts and thinking about how ridiculous they are, he then bowed quite swiftly (After making sure that Anthony Dex had enough room to bow back without anyone's head getting hit) and said "My name is Radovan Tushar, and yes, I just did that because I felt like it.

That was an extremely non threatening matchup, and I know for a fact that the tri headed terror bird had something in its moveset that can, and will knock out the Tyranitar I had, I mean have in my position, which means that the emergency knock off Porygon was just trying to annoy and taunt us with its mastery over what is most likely some form of virtual reality room".

Edited by Cronos5010

"Good job, Scizor!" Emmanuel ran to Scizor, commending her efforts. He gestured at her, asking for a handshake, with a grin on his face. She responded by softly pinching his palm, careful not to cut through the skin. "You look all well. Wanna stay outside the ball for whatever's coming up next?" The Scizor looked at him with a funny face, but she quickly understood what he meant. She nodded lightly.

Emmanuel looked around. This is #02... before the incident. It's exactly like the image Solosis drew for me. 

13 hours ago, InnocentSerenity said:

“I wonder what it must’ve been like to live here back then. Must've been amazing.”

Kai's words of amazement echoed into his brain. "Watch me, I'll make #02 great again!" He shouted at the girl, as if he was trying to prove something.

In a second, he recovered from the temper, and noticed how everyone's introducing themselves. "Oh, uh, I haven't introduced myself, right? My name's Emmanuel, nice to meet you all." 

He turned around to see Kalva, who had been particularly - no, absolutely silent. The boy was waving at the battlers. A few guesses came to his mind - Is he mute? Or is he not talkative? After some thoughts, he decided to go with the former guess. He ripped a page from his notebook cleanly and gave it to Kalva.

"What's your name?"

Kalva brightened up and took the pen and paper.

Even though he did go to the academy, language was not his strong suit. If he had to play a game of charades, then he would win, 100% of the time.

But never did he pay attention in writing classes, making him fall behind, of sorts.

Perhaps such was the consequences of hanging around with Pokemon in the dumps too much, he thought.

He wrote clumsily on the paper:

"Helo my name is Kalva"

Then added the extra 'l' on the 'hello' in an after thought.

Sign language would have been better... but it was better than being completely silent.

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

"Nice to meet you, Kalva." Emmanuel said, with a smile. He finally noticed the feather-shaped badge on Kalva's jacket.

Ah, so he's really mute. He doesn't look comfortable with writing. Maybe I'll get around learning sign languages sometime.

At closer inspection, Kalva's writing was poor, somewhat indicating his background. "Hey, where are you from?" He asked, trying to check if his assumption was true.

"I'm from 02, too. The waste- er, west." Emmanuel replied, with a hint of nervousness that faded as quickly as it had appeared. "The Pokemon populace is the only thing I've missed since my departure." He put his right hand on his chest. "I'm looking to change that." He looked to the Scizor again, who was sitting on the virtual meadows, honing her pincers.

"You must have met a Pokemon before, right? If we both pass whatever's ahead of us, I'm looking forward to seeing your partner." He smiled.

Desmond

Desmond had mainly kept silent, leaving his thoughts to himself. "That looked surprisingly easy. Was that the test?" He thought to himself. "No... Well, yes, but that's probably not all there is to it. On the bright side, at least I'll know what to do when I'm up."

He definitely wasn't paying attention. In fact, it took a second for him to notice that everyone was making introductions. It most likely didn't start off like that, which is probably why he didn't notice, but that's definitely what it evolved to. It would be rude for him to not do the same, wouldn't it? He waited for a gap in the conversation, then stepped forward and spoke. "Er..." He cleared his throat. "...Sorry. I'm Desmond Miles. It's nice to meet you all, I guess."

Nexus #00 - Aether City (12:13 pm - Noon)

HQ building/floor 13399/Conference Room - Space Aether Employee Cadets' Graduation Ceremony

(players at the scene: 0; NPCs at the scene: Heather, Rob)

presentation_by_ninjacyndaquil-db08dqs.j

"So, how's the preparations going for the final presentation, Robbie?" Haether spoke to the chubby man on her A-Comm's screen, at which he scoffed irritably, scratched his puffy beard and sighed.

"Not good. I can't make sense of all of this...it was my mom that made it and she's, well...getting drunk off her ass somewhere in #07 like she's been every time I've asked her to show me how this works in practice. I've studied the theory but it can only take you as far, you know... More importantly, how's the actual presentation going on your end, though? Did P-AZ do well for his own test-run in the Aether-Net?"

"Oh, it's going great here. The crowd loved the battle our new Cadets have had with his Dodrio. I dare say they made a turkey feast out of it~although I'm not sure how I should feel about that, haha!"

Rob looks away for a moment and a typing sound is heard. Not removing his eyes from whatever screen he was looking at, he continues. "Right, I see no irregularities in his data. And his stability in this space rose to 71%! Wow, we weren't expecting such an improvement! Hehe, maybe we finally found him a place to dwell in."

"I'm so glad for that! After we excavated that disk and your mom fixed it and applied it to Porygon2's data, we weren't expecting actual space-time anomalies to start occuring around it. But we managed to use the data to make the Aether-Net now and it will allow us to travel from Nexus to Nexus much faster by bending dimensions. I should really congratulate your mom when she's sober so that she actually remembers it, but that happens only when she coops herself up in her studies so no-one can come near her. Anyways, you just keep trying to adjust the equations so that our Cadets get transported to Gina and Terry's outpost. Meanwhile, P-AZ and I will keep the crowd riled up!"

Rob's eyes seem to widen for a moment and he looks straight at Haether. "Oi, I know I said P-AZ has getting more stable, but do you think this is really a good idea? I mean, he's still kinda...whacky. Are the kids gonna be ok against it?"

"Pfff, they're strong, and I believe in them. Some of them are really whacky too, heehee. They'll be fine. Say, what's going on with that anomaly reported earlier this week? Is a Nexus really materializing?"

Rob types again. "Hmm...it's hard to tell, but fluctuations have been happening more frequently in the Anti-Space these past few days. It might be a big one, like, with a full on core and everything, but we can't be certain until it occurs, and we have no clue when it will occur."

"Will it affect the test?"

"Hmmm...it shouldn't, no. But we could abort if you're unsure. You're the Pres, after all." Rob picks up something from the side, revealed to be a jelly-filled donut he takes a bite out of. "Umph, but ash I've shaid, there *um* shouldn't be any trouble, *gulp*."

Haether nods. "I trust you, Robbie. I've gotta go now, though. Call me if you need anything."

"Aye aye~"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p_az_s_dodrio_by_ninjacyndaquil-db08hui.

The scenery remains calm as the crew talks. Shelly's fiddling with her A-Comm produces no results out of the ordinary, except an occassional visual glitch appearing on the screen. Like twitching, but barely noticeable, until her A-Comm's screen goes completely black all of a sudden.

Even the emulated Scizor is unbenknowst to the trouble that's brewing...

A sound first echoes through the virtual space. "????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????@@@@@@"

Then a flash of light appears in the distant sky as you all turn in the direction of the sound.

And then six balls-two of flame, two of thunder and two of ice, fly at impossible speeds, heading directly for Scizor and circling around it. Without commands, she would be caught off guard!

Everyone's commands have reactivated. The battle is continuing. The enemy can only be...

Action: (??? activates Attacker Lv1 Special Skill -> ATK +1); 

???'s Tri Attack twice for 300 Special Power at Scizor twice.

???'s Unique Special Skill [Master Of The Cyberworld] is active-!!!

???'s Boss Skill [Double Move] is active-!!!

Music: Battle! - SecurityBreach?

??? (), Lv 75

HP: ####################

Error-cannot calculate stats!!!

(OoC: Arrange for a team of 3 to summon their mons. Emmanuel is in the battle regardless, so 2 more people need to post (decide two of them who wants to go: Kalva, Desmond, Kai and Radovan). Others can post their reactions-their circles will remain unresponsive)

Edited by Bfroger6

"Scizor, Protect!" The crimson mantis noticed the elemental spheres coming straight at her, and put up her pincers before her face. A green shield radiated from her body, blocking the blasts perfectly. The smoke from the Tri-Attacks dissipated, and the source of the attack became clear...

"Paz?! That was rude; you could've just asked!" Emmanuel exclaimed his dismay, stepping a few steps back. He turned to the others. "Mind giving a hand or two?"

The Scizor's eyes flared up, as she returned to her fighting stance.

Action: Protect to block the Tri-Attacks.

Edited by IntSys

Kai covered her ears as tight as she could, the loud noise not getting the best of her. Daring to let the screech hurt one of her ears, she reached for the Aether Ball at her side. “Sorry Starmie, no time to rest. We got a battle to do.” Swiping the Aether Ball off her belt, Kai spun around in place, throwing it down after a single revolution. Out came the Starmie once again, spinning around just the same as its owner.

“We could use some protection, Light Screen!” Light began to flash around Starmie and Scizor, eventually materializing as a near-invisible barrier to protect them from Special-type Attacks. The barrier began to appear around the Aether Balls of the others, signifying its protection to the Pokémon not out yet. “Let's go, everyone!”

Action: Light Screen to reduce damage to all allies from Special Attacks

At the sudden screech, Shelly sprang to her feet, searching for the origin of the deranged cry. Upon noting the unexpected bombardment, she paradoxically became more relaxed. The next stage of the test had begun, freeing her from any lingering fear of the unknown. She gave a quick glance at her A-comm, but it remained blank and unresponsive. Evidently Shelly would not be a part of this test either. Once again she would be a spectator.

Emmanuel is in trouble!

Kalva got up and quickly looked at the panel. It was on, and flashing; now was his turn!

He touched the panel... rising out of a black fog, a sword and shield materialised in front of him.

It turned around and faced Kalva, its red jewel on the hilt seemed to watch him, as if observing, waiting.

An Aegislash?

Kalva wanted to say hello, and ask it its name. He had a habit of just asking any Pokemon's name even though he knew he wouldn't get an answer he understood. He just thought it was polite to.

He also wasn't comfortable with giving it directions, or telling it what to do. At least with Quina, they both somehow knew what each were thinking, and never had to tell her to do anything.

But this time was different. He knew it was a computer generated Pokemon, not the Pokemon he met and knew back in 02. He will have to instruct it to do something.

He crossed his arms in front of him twice, not sure if the Aegislash got the message.

The floating weapons simply nodded in acknowledgement, and started to swing around threateningly, all whilst the shield stood directly in front of both of them.

After its ritualistic dance, the sword flared in red energy. Kalva smiled confidently.

They understood! Okay, let's do this!

(Action: Swords Dance, boosting Attack)

Edited by PigeonOfAstora