[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

Bridgett fires off several magical arrows, piercing with [4] damage to Shadow Beast D and [5] to Shadow Beast E.
Theodore sets up a damaging harmonic, dealing [1] damage to every Shadow Beast. They will continue to take damage for [2] more turns.
Shadow Beast A lunges at Heo. It [24 vs 12] bowls him over, stunning him and dealing [4] damage.
Shadow Beast B takes this opportunity to rake him with its shadowy fingers, dealing [7] damage.
Shadow Beast C leaps at Katsuo. It [15 vs 21] impacts against him for [10] damage, but he retains his footing.
Hikari casts several spells. Hikari and Sachi's RES increase by 5. Hiroki's SYN increases by 5. Theodore's INT increases by 5. [2] turns remaining.
Edmond welds Shadow Beast B for [0] damage. The next attack will be boosted by [6] damage.
Sachi heroically challenges Shadow Beast D! It will focus its attacks on her this round.
Pluck wanders around. Very productive. He notes that the beasts are strong and resilient but not very intelligent.
Kagari slams her ass repeatedly into Shadow Beast B for [6] damage. It seems both afraid and confused.
Solomon drops a book on Shadow Beast B's head for [6] damage. It didn't hit very hard, but it did land right on an electrical burn.
Jade shoots icy bullets at Shadow Beast F, reducing its speed. It will now move [-1] last. It takes [9] damage as well.
Katsuo teleports forward. He will move first and strike for 3 additional damage next turn.
Aurora burns Shadow Beast B for [5] damage, and inflicts 4 recoil damage on herself.
Shadow Beast D whirls to face Katsuo. . . and is challenged by Sachi. It takes a swipe at her, dealing [0] damage.
Shadow Beast E sees its companion having issues with a sturdy foe. It flies at Sachi, and [17 vs 11] topples her for [0] damage, preventing her from acting next round.
Shadow Beast F angrily swings an arm at Jade. He [4] deftly avoids the strike.
Heo spends his turn regaining his footing. He cannot be stunned next round!
The Hellfire Knight bombards the area for [12] damage to every Shadow Beast.
Magna slashes at Shadow Beast B for [4] damage.
Frost forms over Shadow Beasts A, C, and F. [13 vs 22] Shadow Beast A doesn't seem bothered. Shadow Beast B [13 vs 10] is slowed heftily by the attack. It will now [-3] move after Hikari. Shadow Beast F [13 vs 16] toughs it out. Each beast takes [2] damage.
Katsuo gains 1 SYN. Aurora regains 3 health.
Enemy Status

A: Wounded
B: Bloodied
C: Wounded
D: Wounded
E: Wounded
F: Wounded

Party Status

Heo: 11 damage, cannot be stunned (1 turn)
Katsuo: 10 damage, +3 damage next turn, First Strike next turn, +1 SYN
Hikari: RES+5 2 turns
Sachi: RES+5 2 turns, cannot be stunned (1 turn)
Hiroki: SYN+5 2 turns
Theodore: INT+5 2 turns, Resonating with Shadow Beasts (2 turns)
Aurora: 1 damage
Others: Normal

Initiative

Katsuo: 8

Bridgett: 25

Theodore: 23

Shadow Beast A, C: 21

Hikari: 19

Shadow Beast B: 18

Edmond: 17

Sachi: 16

Pluck: 16

Kagari: 13

Solomon: 11

Jade: 9

Aurora: 8

Shadow Beast D, E: 6

Heo: 6

Hellfire Knight: 6

Magna: 5

Snow: 5

Shadow Beast F: 5

• Upvote 1

Edmond (33/33HP) Healthy

Great. We're completely uncoordinated, but we can't plan when they're on top of us...

Edmond strikes at Shadow Beast A with his arc welder

((Does (Level/2)d4 raw damage. Adds 2d4+INT(Edmond) to next hit))

Edited by Strider

Solomon uses Ahead By A Single Page on Snow Ashford

"Parrotman what are you doing? are you runnning away Parrotman? why are you running away? it's just some giant monsters"

"Ohhh I'm so snarky and immortal; I think most of these mortals are braindead; especially the grey cloaked one; well I'll show you.............."

Solomon's ring glows and summons a single book; it flips the pages until it finds the one it was looking for, and then proceeds to scan the ring with an off white light, he then proceeds to aim it at Snow; bathing her in the off white light.

"The future or at least the next few minutes of the future anyway; enjoy your new found propensity with dodging".

"Um.... why were you hitting him with your butt swimsuit lady? that seems very....; nevermind"

Kagari cocked her head at the strange man with the book.

"I'm a Keijo player. Isn't it only natural I'd use my butt?"

She caught the end of the sentence from the person with the bird.

"Hmm. Aight, leave it to me~"

With that, she launched her butt at the indicated shadow beast, aiming to use the force to push it into the nail.

Uses Butt Gatling on the enemy that Pluck punched.

Katsuo - 23/33HP, Healthy

Seeing the taller and less emo Homura take a bit of a beating for his sake, Katsuo immediately turned on their shared foe. His Barrier Jacket had absorbed the brunt of the enemy assault, but he still felt a good bit of pain. That was good, it meant he was alive and ready to dish out a beating. He jumped forward and swung Gwaedu full force towards the strange creature, a crushing sideways blow. As Gwaedu smashed into the creature, a quiet, "Thanks." brushed against the shield girl's ears. It wasn't really certain whether it was the silent mace or the prickly mage that was defying their nature to state their gratitude. It wasn't even really certain whether anything had been said at all. But the sentiment was shared by both Katsuo and Gwaedu, thanks that someone else was also willing to take hits.

Katsuo makes a Basic Attack on Shadow Beast D

Jade O'Duffle - 33/33, Healthy

After his bullet hit his target a small smirk grew across Jade's face. Obviously angering the beast he noticed him coming from a mile away. He side-stepped away from the attack. "Whoa there! There's no need to be violent if you want more." Getting the palm of him left on the hammer of the revolver he rapidly fires as many bullets as he could before the monster could make it's next attack.

Fan the Hammer (With Cryo Rounds) on Shadow Beast F

Snow, The Lady Ashford, 33/33HP, Currently buffed by Ahead by a Single Page. ((since Solomon is higher in the init order goes off before.))

"Don't take it so personal kid, just proves my point. Mostly cause I never said especially you, all of you are worthless until proven otherwise. Just how I roll. Don't have to like me, I don't give two flying fucks. I'm not have to make nice, or friends. I'm here to kill this bullshit and get home before too awful late. Aelia will miss me too much."

Snow continued on her path raging up to one of the Shadowy beasts and making s strike against it with the Fangs of Winter.

Use Melee Winter's Fang on Shadow Beast A

Ice Calamity; 3 Turns on CD.

"Grrrhhh... Now you've done it, bastard!" Heo regains his footing by stepping forward, hard, shouting at the monsters. Once again, he sprints at them with a fist stretching out, though this time with an angry, fired-up resolve that would be difficult to waver as last time. "ORA!"

Burning River Shadow Beast A

"...." The... injury inflicted on the beast was... annoyingly slight, to say the least. Aurora lowered her palm as the light died. A growling hiss escaped her mouth, seeing one of the damn juggernauts take such a beating and yet still keeping. Whatever these beings were, they were far more resilient than most of what she'd ever come across. Hell, that very same attack alone had been enough to smite full grown owlbears before, when she managed to get them near the neck or under bellies.

And it wasn't just her either. nearly all the fleshies found similar results from their own assaults. And little by little, as she stood there watching from afar, it began to dawn on Aurora. She would waste her energy, if she continued to just blast them with the shard. Yes, yes indeed.... for not even the searing heat of the afterburn seemed to do much to their hides.

It would be easier to simply let the strange ones do most of the grunt work, and then once they killed the things... if they even did kill the things, swoop in when they weren't looking and take it for herself. She had no idea how the hell she'd even carry beings so large, of course, but... she could figure that out later. For now, she set her sights on one of the strange smelling beings, and in that same instant, one her silver eyes flashed, and from it flew a twinkling bolt across the battleground, so quick it was not even traceable by the eyes of most of those present. And the moment it landed, the brawny man she'd targeted immediately felt his wounds beginning to close.

What? If she was going to let them make all the exertion, no point letting them die before the job was done. That just meant she'd have to either step in herself or run away... the latter of which being far more likely, and less likely to get her fed.

Cast the Mending Ray on Heo

• Upvote 1

"Damage minimum My Lady" Mornings Arrow said as the spell hit its targets "Your Right. Well i guess we're going to need to hit them harder then." Bridgett said as she started to float up and take aim at the creature that looks the most wounded "Load Cartridge" She said as the ring on Mornings Arrow spun and ejected the now used cartridge as energy gathered at the tip "Now Shoot!!!!" she said the the beam of magic flew towards is target.

Bridgett loads a cartridge and uses ranged basic attack Shoot!!! On Shadow Beast B (aka 1d8+SYN+SYN again from using a cartridge)

Edited by rustytengo

Magna backed off immediately, as her scythe had little to no impact. "I suppose that's what I get for being a non-combatant," she chuckled to herself. Very rarely did spirits fight back, making the need to subdue them unnecessary. The living beings she dealt with back in her universe didn't have access to arcane technologies or possessed innate magic. But even with the feisty spirits, she could just reanimate souls to do the work for her. If it really came down to it, she could fight with the basic use of her scythe. What made her curious though, were the nature of these... beings. Did conventional death apply to everything in this universe? Were her powers even useable in this situation? There really was only one way to find out.

Reave Shadow Beast B

Conditional Move: If Shadow Beast B dies before Magna's turn, Use "Reanimate The Dead" on Shadow Beast B's corpse instead.

• Upvote 1

Magna chuckled, as someone made a comment on the glow of her eyes. "The people here are far more interesting than I, with the powers to transform or levitate objects and all," she said nonchalantly. It would seem that Solomon had come to the same conclusion as she did regarding multiverses, and perhaps so did the others. "The glow from my mask is just an aesthetic."

She downplayed the importance of it all, not wishing to draw attention to herself. She would keep the others guessing for as long as she needed to~

Edited by Stalkerkain

Katsuo smashes at Shadow Beast B for [11] damage. He will move after Aurora next round.

Bridgett shoots a friendship ray at Shadow Beast B causing it to convulsue horribly before dying, collapsing onto the ground limply.

Theodore's resonance hurts all living shadow beasts for [3] damage this round. [1] round remaining. He also shoots a sonic blast at B as it falls, knocking it sideways.

Shadow Beast A lunges at the midair mage, seeking vengeance. [5] She simply floats out of reach.

Shadow Beast C tries to succeed where its brothers failed. It slams into her for [4] damage [12 vs 16] but she manages to maintain flight.

Hikari casts soothing magic on Katsuo, healing him for [6] health.

Edmond welds Shadow Beast A for [0] damage. It will take [8] extra damage on the next attack.

Sachi recovers from her stun, and cannot be stunned again next round.

Pluck taunts Shadow Beast D into charging at him. We'll see how this pans out...

Kagari once again does her best "Star Platinum if it used its ass" impression, shoving Shadow Beast D toward the angrily sparking barrier. The combined assault inflicts [18] damage. It drops to the bottom of the initiative order.

Solomon shares some of his knowledge with Snow. She will deal 2 additional damage and take 3 less damage for 3 turns.

Jade fans the hammer of his gun, firing [4] shots for [5] damage each at Shadow Beast D. It collapses at the fourth shot, unmoving. Hikari doesn't bother striking at the dead foe.

Aurora shoots her own variety of laser at Heo, returning him to full health.

Shadow Beast E lunges at Kagari. It [22 vs 19] knocks her off her feet, stunning her and dealing [5] damage.

Heo [78] angrily punches Shadow Beast A for [17] damage. He follows up with [73] a spinning sword strike for [10] more damage.

Hiroki fires a powerful laser at Shadow Beast F for [19] damage.

Magna reanimates Shadow Beast B. It will act on her turn and has 5 health.

Snow slashes at Shadow Beast A for [6] damage, infusing it with an icy chill for [0] damage.

Shadow Beast F lunges at Hiroki, [23 vs 4] knocking the armored figure over and stunning it. She takes [3] damage.

Katsuo loses 1 INT.

The beasts look around for a moment, then release an earsplitting screech, stunning Bridgett, Hikari, Jade, and Katsuo. Shadow Beasts A and D stand up.

Initiative:

Bridgett: 25

Theodore: 23

Shadow Beast A, C: 21

Hikari: 19

Shadow Beast B: 18

Edmond: 17

Sachi: 16

Pluck: 16

Kagari: 13

Solomon: 11

Jade: 9

Aurora: 8

Katsuo: 8

Shadow Beast E: 6

Heo: 6

Hellfire Knight: 6

Magna: 5

Snow: 5

Shadow Beast F: 5

Shadow Beast D: -3

Party Status:

Heo: 5 damage

Katsuo: +1 SYN, -1 INT, Stunned

Hikari: RES+5 1 turns

Sachi: RES+5 1 turns, cannot be stunned (1 turn)

Hiroki: SYN+5 1 turns, Stunned, 3 damage

Theodore: INT+5 1 turns, Resonating with Shadow Beasts (1 turns)

Kagari: 5 damage, Stunned

Bridgett: 4 damage, Stunned

Others: Normal

Enemy Status:

A: Healthy

B: Undead

C: Badly Wounded

D: Healthy

E: Badly Wounded

F: Badly Bloodied

• Upvote 1

Sachi pulls herself to her feet, shaking her head as she puts her shield up, looking as the downed beasts suddenly awaken, seemingly none the worse for wear. Her eyes widen as she watches the creatures move, her shield up to block any potential attacks and her spear couched in her arm to support it.

>But that's.....impossible. Unless.....no, of course. That makes sense. That's what Sister would say.<

"We have to kill them all at the same time! All of them!"

Edited by ElfCollaborator

Incongruous assaults flew by on all sides as Edmond jabbed at his chosen creature. He hit it, and soon after, overwhelmed by a barrage of attacks, it fell.

We did it. At least one down. Edmond stood still for a moment, staring at the dead creature. What is it? He knelt down to investigate, when it moved.

Not good.

He heard someone shout something behind him.

We have to kill them all at once? How did you reach that conclusion!? How are you so certain? You must have fought these creatures before...

Worth a try, I guess.

Edmond uses Weld on Shadow Beast A ((level/2)d4 and 2d4+INT added to next attack)

Edited by Strider

Snow, The Lady Ashford.

"By Bartimis's bark-covered jockstrap... why did it have to be monsters like this?" They are similar to the shadowed images the Faceless one summoned... lives of their own but all tied together. All must die for good for the entire being to die.

"If they're heavily wounded leave 'em! And don't pile too many attack in one place! Restrain yourselves, those that are moving slower than the others drop back and guard yourself, don't commit too many attacks! These creatures must all die at once to go down for good. I've seen something similar before."

Use Basic Defense, WIndstep.

"I think I've figured it out!" Pluck says suddenly.

"If they all have to die at the same time, let's make less of them to do it with! If nobody Objects, Get the weakest ones all in one place, and I'll Fuse them together with Gallary!"

Pluck Tries to Blow The Horn to fuse C, E, and/or F together