[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

"No fucking clue! That's what makes life Spicy yes?"

Mar would wonder if this guy had his whole barings.

Andre blocks the attack with a laugh.

"Pretty cool right? I can do that to pretty much anything that looks at me funny! Doesn't even tire me out that much."

"If you need worshippers I'll help. I mean, you're probably better than most gods if I can talk to you about stuff right?"

Kyle says, raising his hand to further cement his volunteer supporter status.

Theodore

Theo is apparently unable to find Cid, so he goes around town, entering various shops to find what he needs. 

(10 vs 8) 

Theo finds a small, slightly broken disco ball, a few flashlights with a strobe setting, and a few beers. The disco ball is just missing about a third of the reflective panels, so Theo buys some glue as well. The shopkeeper takes all of his money, an IOU for the equivalent of $20 more, and an invitation to the party. 

Theo then heads back to the castle and finds a mirror. Upon finding one, he goes to find Mar. 

"Hey, I need your help real quick. I need you to break this mirror into pieces that would fit onto this disco ball. You can keep the rest of it."

Mar shatters the mirror into perfectly shaped mirror shards.

Next, Mar takes a handful of this world's Dead, dead soil, and infuses it with Sterling Silver Mana, to see what happens.

If it does something interesting, he takes some more dirt to Leon, and Repeats the feat.

Edited by Hal Henderics

Eon [Outside the Castle]

Eon regarded the newcomer with a look of curiosity, noting that it was one of the newcomers Cid had most recently found.

"I am Eon, and I suppose I share the sentiment. As strange as this whole situation is, it at least gives me a good chance to study other worlds. Its been a few centuries since I last felt motivated," he replied, bringing out his journal and making a few notes.

Edited by Zetaark

Gary ran though the field of grass around him, admiring his world. The sun was shining bright, and a bit warmer than he remembered it. 'Hissssss' Gary awakes to the corner of one of his feet bumping up against one of the hot objects in the forge. pulling his foot back, the damage appeared to be only to the shoe on his foot. "That could have ended badly... what time is it?"  Gary asks no one in particular and definite not looking for an answer, as he does not look up and has no idea if anyone is in the room. thankfully for him, he was correct in his assumption. "I probably shouldn't sleep in here..."

On 25/01/2017 at 11:45 AM, Twinwolf said:

Hikari frowns. "Shouldn't we go inside first? Since we could get moving at any time."

Kagari placed a finger to her mouth.

"Mmmm... Good point. But not the barracks though. I don't want to have to deal with people drama just yet. There are plenty of empty rooms, we should be able to hijack one. Let's go!"

One of the Kagaris grabbed Hikari's hands and pulled her along into the building. The other Kagari, seemingly a separate entity, panicked at the thought of being left behind and leapt up at the swiftly moving pair. While midair, she changed form, becoming smaller and smaller and condensing herself, until she became a tiny, miniature Kagari, only about thirty centimeters tall, with stubby arms and legs, her head the biggest part of her body. In this form, she landed neatly on Hikari's head and snuggled into the other girl's hair, making a [:3] face.

On 1/24/2017 at 11:21 AM, Nepgear said:

NYAHIRO

Nyahiro's face went dark for a moment, but immediately sprung back to being overly cheerful.

"Do not worry, Disembodied Voice-san," She said happily, "I would never do anything bad to Bridgett-san, I love Bridgett-san more than anything!"

To prove her point, Nyahiro pulled a bento out of the air and presented it to Bridgett's shielded body as a peace offering.

"You see?" She explained, "I even made her a boxed lunch. It's filled with love."

Nyahiro's ahoge formed a heart at the end as she said this. She did seem legitimately concerned about Bridgett in her own way, but her intentions were still questionable.

(OOC: The lunch inside looks perfectly normal, in fact it looks delicious. It also tastes amazing. It's spicy so it might wake Bridgett up, but also it will freeze her in terror for a few minutes)

a long silence stayed in the air as the barrier remained around Bridgett's as numerical figures appeared on the jewel center of Mornings Arrow..."Analysis complete. Unknown substance used.Threat level unknown, does not mach any known dangerous substance."  the monotone of Mornings Arrows voice chimed "Very well. My Lady is unable to eat right now. Perhaps you could assist in bringing My Lady to a safe place tell she wakes.?" It chimed once more well dropping the field around Bridgett.

Izumi Kurosawa; Barracks

Mitsurugi, that's her name. Civilization's own little nightmare. And here I am, staring her right in the eyes. Didn't think I'd be the one feeling less shitty, didn't think I'd be close enough to see it either, but that's besides the point. She's starving, running on fumes, in other words, she's hard to read. I've seen people in her position, and I've seen what can happen when they're back on their feet. Cynical I know; doesn't have to end that way, I know. But hey, you can't fault a girl for worrying. Heh, Sif says I ought to do that more.

I take out another ofuda, nothing on it, and hold it up. "Sif, reallocate the resources from that box to her."

Dames, they're more trouble than they're worth. And this one's worth an awful lot.

"Acknowledged." That's it? No telling me it's against protocols, no saying I shouldn't do this? Nothing? I'm almost worried. Almost. I hand her her the paper.

"Faith from my world; carte blanche - do as you wish." Should be enough to bring her back on her feet, and if that's a problem, we can always throw her back off it. Cut her off.

Still nothing. I push my luck a bit. "And, if do you feel better, would you mind lending me your strength? My weapon's not working out too well."

Okay, I gotta ask now. "Not going to say anything?"

"Under the threat of complete annihilation, everything is on the table. And Izumi, this is not our world, the rules need not apply."

"So does that mean you'll be taking that stick out of your-"

"My personality is non-negotiable."

Damn. It was worth a shot.

Edmond jumped up when he felt the ground shake.  Are we moving again? No...that's not it. It stopped.

"I just realized something. I need to run into town to pick some stuff up before we get moving...I'll check on that disturbance on the way out."

He paused as he passed the barracks and smithy. He stuck his head in, and quickly took note of the group circled around the apparent newcomer.

"Hi. Welcome to our crew!" he said with a grin.

Then he said anxiously to the rest, "...Don't go leaving without me, alright? I'll be in town picking up a few important...items. Nothing bad, don't worry."

He jogged down the corridors, passing Hikari and Kagari as they entered. He nodded and continued on his way. Out through the doors, past the town walls, through the winding dusty streets. He entered the chemist shop ever so slightly winded, and began to look around. Oh good. They have unusual metals...that's a start. He peered around, finding all the silvery metals with a dull layer of corrosion. He found found three. That one's obviously silver...He picked up the other two ingots, and weighed them carefully in his hands. One was significantly lighter than the other. Ah that's it...He smirked triumphantly. He made a hurried search of the shop for other items of interest, and then made his purchase.

Edmond obtained 30g Magnesium metal, 2 g Silver, 5g Calcium Carbide powder, 50g Activated Charcoal, A small alcohol lamp with fuel for 3 hours, adhesive, 10g Iron powder, and 5 glass test tubes.

With a quick expression of gratitude, he carefully made his way back to the castle. He found a room in the servant's quarters that suited his needs. There can't be any problem with claiming it, right? He tore a page out of his notebook, and the words "Edmond's room. Trespassers not welcome.", and affixed the note to the door. He deposited his purchases on the old bed, and then made his way back to the engineering bay.

"Well, I'm back, as is probably obvious...any luck with...well, anything?", he asked Tesla.

Edited by Strider

Hikari doesn't seem to mind the mini-kagari on her head (hardly that heavy, after all) as she and the small-but-not-mini Kagari look for a room to practice in. They probably find one soon enough - it's a big castle, can't be that hard to find a decent-sized empty room.

10 hours ago, rustytengo said:

a long silence stayed in the air as the barrier remained around Bridgett's as numerical figures appeared on the jewel center of Mornings Arrow..."Analysis complete. Unknown substance used.Threat level unknown, does not mach any known dangerous substance."  the monotone of Mornings Arrows voice chimed "Very well. My Lady is unable to eat right now. Perhaps you could assist in bringing My Lady to a safe place tell she wakes.?" It chimed once more well dropping the field around Bridgett.

NYAHIRO

Nyahiro beamed happily.

"Of course I'll help Bridgett-san." She said, "She'll always be safe with me around, Voice-san."

She put down the bento and picked up Bridgett, cheerfully carrying her on her back. Assuming the safest place to be the castle, Nyahiro took Bridgett in there. Upon finding a door, Nyahiro set Bridgett down and put the Dokodemo Dial on it. She turned the dial and opened the door, revealing the bedroom. Nyahiro picked up Bridgett and began to carry her inside, clearly heading towards the bathroom.

"It's very safe in here, Voice-san. I will undress Bridgett-san so she can take her bath." Nyahiro explained.

[Out in front of the tank]

"Oh, yeah.  I've been to quite a few worlds, but the sounds and smells of a new one are always... special, you know?"  Lexiel sighs contentedly, "Even the dangerous ones.  Speaking of danger, something smells like dragon.  I doubt we're going to be attacked.  Once dragons get big enough to threaten me, they're big enough that something human sized wouldn't be a filling meal.  But if you see something big and scary diving down on us I'd appreciate the heads-up."

Theodore

"Nice. This is gonna be awesome."

Theo then returns to the barracks and makes a hole in the disco ball for the machine shards to be placed in, and begins gluing the mirror shards to the disco ball.

Before the machine is placed in the disco ball, Theo tinkers with it, making it a very powerful speaker similar to his headphones.

Name: Disco Ball
Description: A cool disco ball that uses the same technological principles as Theo's headphones. It broadcasts on a much larger area using the ship's power. Is also shiny and reflective.
Type: Castle bauble 
Minimum Stats:???
Weight: ???
SYN Threshold/Bonus: ???

Additional Effects: ???

Theo's int: 6+1

Edited by S34N1C

20 hours ago, Zoe_Walker said:

[In front of the tank]

Lexiel flies down to examine the fallen cannon barrels.  After jotting down some ideas about replacements, and possibly melting them down for the metals, she notices the conversation between Empi and Eon and heads over to see what's going on.  "Huh.  You've been cut off?  Well, um, I can't get you there myself, but I can send a message out if you can give me a good description of the plane.  No firm ETA on when it'll get there, because my acquaintance still has to find the place, but it's better than nothing.  And if they've got an extraplanar portal like you said, they should be able to find you once they get the message.  Better than nothing, at least.  Oh, sorry, here I go again off on a tangent without introducing myself.  I'm Lexiel.  Pleasure to meet you."

Empi

The red-headed girl shakes her head at the effort.

"Thanks, but no thanks. Work policy says I can't tell you where our headquarters is. Already had a few problems with random mortals and former clients wandering in or trying to break in. In my line of work? Not fun. Well, as I'm stuck here for the moment, I guess I might as well be a bit more open. You guys aren't clients and you aren't mortals, far as I can tell, so....."

Lexiel and Eon feel as if they've just awoken, suddenly. And in the place of the rather attractive red-headed girl in a sweater they've been talking to, stands a rather attractive red-headed girl with fairy wings and clothing that barely covers her considerable chest or indeed most of her body.

"Call me Empi. You might say I'm a professional wingwoman. A love guru. Y'know, like Cupid. Only not a baby. And also I don't shoot arrows into people's asses."

Barracks

Mitsu nods at Lotus's offer, and shakes her head at Solomon's. "I don't need food; the energy that mortals get from it is different from faith." 

Her eyes widen slightly in response to Alexandria's offer, fading to a faint furrowing of her brow as she watched Alexandria perform her magic. Well, it didn't feel like the magic she was accustomed to, but it had to be some form. The offer and subsequent influx of faith from Kurosawa and CivSec drew the same amount of surprise, but the method of transfer was a bit more familiar; she recalled a pair of gods that'd done something similar back home. "Thank you very much for your assistance; I am sorry to trouble you so." She bows politely again. "I will lend my assistance wherever I can, though I would hesitate to class myself as 'better' than any other god." She glances at Kyle. "The role of the mortal in the relationship between them and the gods is to provide the faith that the god needs; that would be the best way to assist me, if you wished to." 

She looks back to Kurosawa. "I gather that you mean something more than lending my blade to your cause."

Ballroom

Hiroki backs up a few feet after righting herself, her primary and secondaries emitting an ominous whine. "Don't ever do that to me again or I'll burn you to a crisp right there."

Outside

The boosters are, by now, mounted firmly on the tail end of the castle-tank, and the technicians skittering in and out of the vehicle have largely come to a halt, gathering outside. "Hey, you might wanna get everyone out here to listen up for a sec," Cid calls out to the people around the entrance, and shouts into the entrance of the castle for people to listen again for good measure. "So, we got the boosters hooked up and everything, and even managed to get an inter-world navigation program hooked into the control terminal. Problem is, this thing's not sealed up too tight, so you're gonna want to stick around in one of the spots we've got plugged up tighter and not be wandering the halls. Unless you like your ass extra-crispy, but that's not exactly how I like to spend my time." He ducks into the entrance hall for a moment and tapes up a paper to it. "Notes on everything we did are in there. It's also got the places you want to stay in there, so I'd read that part at least. Anyway, y'all are ready to head out, so I've just got one thing to say to ya:

Good luck."

With that, he waved an arm and sent a choice expletive or two at the workers, causing them to drift back into the town. 

New IC threads inbound, please wait. . .