[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

"Very well, I apologize for imposing, What Ring then, might you have, that you believe has the most variety in the things that compose it?  It need not be enchanted, but my criteria is merely something of many types of gem and metal.  Something with sapphires, rubies, or other, stranger mundane gems I perhaps have not yet heard of?"

Mar takes this opportunity to search for himself, He is set on a ring then.

[In the Barracks]

"You have a quantum computer in your head?  What a coincidence.  So do I.  Well, I don't keep it in my head, but you know what I mean.  I believe my blue box is made of corundum, the information within read and altered through a laser system.  A bit... warm to place inside an organic, but capable of storing theoretically infinite amounts of data, which is a very good thing considering how much I've been through since I came online."

Ballroom

"Okay." Damnit. She'd still hoped that the large man wouldn't ask for one, but she didn't have any real reason to refuse. She scooted her chair back and stood up, taking a few steps away from the table, her bare feet sending the faintest echoes through the chamber. She turned to face Andre. She summoned her mech, blue-edged metal plates ascending up and around her body in a flash before extending outward into the main cannons of the Knight, the process raising her up off the floor and netting her at least a foot and a half of extra height. The orange glow that seemed to leak from beneath the plates over her chest would have been more notable if it hadn't been for her "wings" spreading out and igniting as she fired the jets, lifting the mech an inch or two off the ground. "I don't want to ruin the room, so I won't fire anything." Her voice sounded slightly tinny; the mech had to project it outward, as it wouldn't generally escape the confines of the helmet. The visor hid her face; it was designed to only let light in and not out. 

Barracks

A miko? An unusual miko, but still a miko. That was strange. She'd thought them all dead or worse; her consciousness had been pared down to just her physical body, which was evidence enough. Her storms, her eruptions and quakes hadn't been enough to drive back the things that feasted now on reality itself. They'd thrown their support to her, even though the only thing she could hope to do was destroy the invaders faster than she destroyed them. . . Where was this? It wasn't the hill she'd finally collapsed on, it wasn't Gensokyo, it didn't feel like home, with power and magic so thick in the air you could swear that you could cut it with a knife. Was it the outside world? No, there wasn't a difference, not any more. . .

Her eyes flicked open; they'd closed in her fall. She fell? There was no other way she could have ended up in the woman's arms. Her own limbs trembled. A question was asked. "I can hear you." She replied in an old dialect of Japanese, but not an incomprehensible one. Wait. What language had that been in? English. Why did the miko ask her in English? The goddess spoke it well, but it still struck her. She twisted in the other woman's grip; if allowed, she'd stand on her own, albeit still rather wobbly. It wasn't befitting of a being of her station to have someone cradle her in their arms, especially not before others. 

Isobel looked ruefully between the black-clad man with the swords to the book-loving mage, slowly sweeping her head from one to the other, before looking at the items the mage had given to her. She slipped the coin into her apron pocket (drawing a quiet buzz of consternation from LOTUS as his pocket got a little crowded), and looked briefly at the book she had been given before letting out a long, quiet sigh. "I'm Isobel Low. And, it's... nice to meet you Leon, thanks for making the effort to reassure me. But that's not the problem. I can adjust to danger, If I wasn't able to do that then I would have died five times by now. The problem is that--"

And that's when a ritual went wrong, the barracks shook, and lying on the ground (apparently a god??) was some woman with ribbons in her hair. Isobel just gaped, her problems temporarily forgotten whereas LOTUS commented with his usual acerbic tone. "So we're summoning gods now, is that a thing? Honestly, this place just keeps throwing more and more oddness at me. At least she isn't Nar'Sie."

Izumi Kurosawa; Barracks

She pauses for a moment, as if surprised or having actually translate what she had just heard "Christ, the fuck happened to you?" She helps the strange goddess back up before releasing her. Something was wrong with her. No shit. The question is what, and she didn't know. Hell Sif didn't know - he'd be speaking up if he did, can't blame him. Avatars shouldn't be able to be damaged. Disrupted maybe. Destroyed as well. But not damaged, not wounded, not so damn tired. They weren't meant to be human either, but that? She could chalk up to multiversal fuckery.

Dimitri Kuznetsov; Barracks

"I see! Something that requires more cooling for far more storage? And a 'blue box' it is called? Then may I ask, does FTL exist? And if so, what have we missed? Because that, our world still lacks. And so far as we can tell, given causality, relativity, and the superluminal, we can only have two, and our choices, have been made for us. Made before our time, by the flames of genesis, or I suppose, the hand of God. "

Barracks

The woman blinks. Profanity? A strange miko indeed, especially now that she got a better look at the woman. The sort of battles fought in Gensokyo didn't call for body armor of any kind; it wouldn't help defend against spiritual attacks. "I was. . . fighting." She switches to English; her words are a bit stilted as it's a language she hadn't had much occasion to actually use, but otherwise she's not hard to understand. "Trying to stop what I thought was the end of the world. Where is this place? I did not believe there was anywhere safe left." Was that a firearm? They were uncommon in Gensokyo, for a few reasons; they were a relatively modern invention, and useless against youkai besides. 

"Oh, weird, we're supposed to be doing that too. Well, we are once the engines are hooked up."

Kyle shrugs. And stares at the woman. Who ignored him. Twice. That really annoys him.

Andre smiles with glee at the appearance of the mech. He stands up once again not that he's not talking to someone significantly shorter to than him.

"Alright! Watch this."
He yells for a good 20 seconds as he psychs himself up and then... He suplexs Hiroki out of nowhere and against any real logical reasoning. Not that it actually hurts that much, it's really just stunning.

The shop keeper gestures to a ring made up of smaller rings of many different materials, apparently ignoring Theodore's request.

Leon's Location: Barracks

"Guess weird thing does come one after another..." Leon sighs to himself upon seeing a woman appeared out of nowhere and falls down, lying on the ground.

Her power... She seems to be some sort of a deity and a powerful one... Guess I need to be careful...

She talks about end of the world, which gained some of Leon's interest, "can you properly explain to us, what happen to you before you ended up here?" Leon asked the woman, while trying his best not to be rude with the deity.

Edited by LeonVermillion

Theodore

"I see. In that case, I'll take my money elsewhere."

Theo exits the store, and goes to try to find that Cid guy. He seems like someone who knows his way around town. Upon finding him, he would inquire about where to find some party supplies, and if there was a way to convert his Earth money into local currency. 

Izumi Kurosawa; Barracks

"Another new recruit then. You're safe now, close enough to it, you're in another world now. The world's ending, but you already know that. All of them, every last one. Getting eaten. And we're the people left to clean up the mess and stop them. Our contact didn't say much though, just that we all need to seek power and run clean-up on a few worlds first. Not a very talkative guy, so if you've got any information, that will help this little war effort of ours. Sif, run a scan on her, see what's wrong."

"Acknowledged."

"I'm Izumi, that's Alexandria, he's Kyle, and that's Dimitri. Don't know those people back there. There're others, just not in this room."

"Scan complete. The subject appears to be an anomalous core-avatar hybrid. The scabbard unit functions as a secondary energy supply. No primary energy supply detected. Signs of impurity-based operation. The subject is very likely running out of power."

"So, how can we fix you?"

Edited by Empiricist

[In the Barracks]

"We do in fact have faster than light travel, after a fashion.  Galvanium, element 143, is a metal that grows more dense but not more massive when exposed to an electrical current.  By using galvanium, we create artificial wormholes to travel interstellar distances,"  Alexandria turns to regard the new arrival.  "I believe we shall have to continue our conversation later Dimitri, as much as I have enjoyed it.  This young woman does not seem to have internal organs, or any detectable signs of life beyond the superficial.  I believe she may require assistance."  The ancient android plods (the only kind of walking she ever does) over to the mysterious newcomer, and bows shallowly, before speaking in a dialect of Japanese that Mitsurugi will probably find understandable but bizarrely accented.  "Greetings.  I am Alexandria.  It is a pleasure to meet you.  You seem to be missing many critical components necessary to human health, and your internal temperature is too low to support mammalian life.  Do you require medical assistance?  Or another sort of assistance?"

Argent who of course felt the earthquake was running around checking on everyone, before he found himself in the barracks.

"Hey everyone alright?"

(They look fine. Though I don't recall seeing that person in the robe)

(I don't ethire)

"who's the lady in the robe?"

Edited by Endlessblaze

"And we're talking a lot of others. Isobel, bring me closer." "Ah, uh, right." The bandanna'd woman walked up closer to the scene of the summoning. "From what I counted there are 39 of us in total, with an absolutely flooringly wide variety of skills. One thing that our, as she puts it, contact informed us of was that not all the worlds are dying at the same time; he refused to send us to any of the more severe ones, as evidently we don't meet the standards of a man who has visibly had the shit stabbed out of him, I counted at least ten weapons stuck in his body, but we *are* here to help stop the apocalypse -- we're simply being sent to some of the ones less assailed, as it sounds. I am LOTUS, and the woman carrying me is Isobel Low. That's about all the information I have to offer right now. Oh, and that evidently this castle is a spaceship."

Solomon walks into the barracks after feeling the earthquake, with the sheer number of experiments that were being run there, it wasn't that big of a stretch to think that somebody may have blown something up, and quite frankly anything that can cause an earthquake would most likely be useful against whatever horrors they would encounter, the first thing he did upon barging into the barracks was to cover himself with books made out of what he assumes is lead and say "What just happened? And will I get cancer for existing here right now?"

Ballroom

Hiroki squawked in startlement as she was flung about by the man. She collided with the ground hard enough to crack it, though it wasn't enough to hurt her through her armor and the systems designed to compensate for such events. She reflexively swung her main gun toward Andre like a bat as the self-righting systems kicked in, the jets firing in order to generate the force and torque needed to get her onto her feet as quickly as possible.

Barracks

"Another world. . ." The already downturned corners of her mouth sag further, though beyond that she doesn't show much of a response beyond continuing to wobble slightly. Her expression turns slightly pained - or is it rueful? - at CivSec's analysis. "Your god is correct, from what I understood of his speech - as are you," she says with a glance at Alexandria. 

At Argent's question, she bows slightly. "I apologize. My name is Saigai Mitsurugi. It was rude of me to wait this long to introduce myself. As for how I can be 'fixed' . . . It would not be easy. I had scarce worshippers before the invaders came, and now, I have none save the ones that bound themselves to this sheath." She rests a hand on the object in question, and takes a breath, the faintest hint of raggedness sounding during the inhalation. "Please excuse me, this is a large amount of information to process at once. I do not believe I require the attention of a healer, however." Her tone left a bit of a question in that statement. "I do not know how I arrived here, so I cannot answer that question."

"If you need any clarifications on what you just heard by the way, I should be able to provide it, Saigai. It's something of a specialty of mine, summarizing information -- one of the things a tactical AI naturally has to be good at, after all."

"If you need help with anything, I don't know maybe one of us can provide it...? There's a lot of people out here and they all have different talents, so I figure there's probably always someone who can help with any given problem."

Edited by Powder Miner

"Urgh, fine! You couldn't even be bothered to say 'No' ?" Halley left the roof, frustrated by Theodore's "reaction". Fresh out of ideas, she decided to return to the kitchen, but a sudden earthquake shook the ground. "What is it?" Her senses pointed toward the direction of the barracks. "Must be another smithing accident. They'll manage... they'll manage." She returned to the kitchen, only to find plated food sitting on a small table, with Kenta nowhere to be found.

Great, I feel like a ghost now. Why did I even bother...

She took the lid off one of the dishes to smell. The aroma enthralled her, surrounding her like a magical wind. She slowly moved closer to the food, only to snap back into reality before she touched it. "Right, right, we have to share these."

She pulled out a chair and sat on it, waiting for Kenta to return.

"Oh! Well I beg your pardon miss Saigai, the group here had been performing some experiments here and I feared that something disastrous may have happened" Solomon rights himself and removes the books that had been covering him from himself "My name is Solomon, I am this castle's librarian, and I find it interesting that a literal godess has just appeared here, no matter how minor you say you are." he stops for a moment to think and says "I do not know what I could do to help, but on the way here I smelled food in the nearby kitchens, perhaps that may be of help?".

Edited by Cronos5010

"Hm," Alexandria looks speculatively at Mitsurigi, and then at a nearby wall.  The android strides over to the wall, and stares at it intensely.  Something happens that might grate on Mitsu, Argent, and/or Izumi's senses depending on how attuned they are to the use of divine power.  It probably feels rather strange.  Then Alexandria pushes her hand towards the wall, and it passes through it as though it were just an illusion.  "Supplementary power reserves at point seven percent.  Hopefully enough for what I'm about to do.  Ms.  Mitsurugi, please hold still for a moment.  I promise you shall not be harmed."  A richly purple, glowing circuit board pattern rises up Alexandria's body, from the bottom of her sculpted dress to her right optical sensor.  Both the sensors take up the purple glow, as she points her right palm at Mitsu.  "Aquiring UID...  UID accquired.  Whoever's in charge of this area is the worst admin I've ever circumvented.  Swap the UIDs, set a timer because even a blind man would notice this eventually, put up a metaphysical firewall and cloak it...  Supplementary power supply transferred.  It is highly unlikely that you will receive any prayers during this time, as the connection doesn't seem strong enough yet, but on the off chance you do please tell them to try again in a few hours.  Try not to be too active in your power use.  If you disturb the connection too much it will snap back to me prematurely."

Leon's Location: Barracks

"Oh so your name is Saigai... my name is Leon, Leon Vermillion. You seems in need of some place for you to rest... can someone give her a place to rest or maybe some food for her?" Leon asked anyone that is present on the Barracks