[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

"At least let me finish the wards before we start!  I might need to hand in my signet for saying this, but it's a good thing we're transferring this creature.  That's the least secure containment procedure I've ever heard of.  Let me see, standard containment, Azor's ghost exclusion field, might as well throw a story circle in there, Razia's runic preservation..." Lexiel finishes inscribing a complex circle of runes, and they flare with pale light, producing a dome of blue and red magic coated in circular symbols of a stylized red dragon on a green background, and white fist clenched around a red sun.  With the wards complete, she raises her hands and prepares a spell.  "Okay, this is as safe as I can make it on short notice.  Let it rip... guy...  Oh, indrik crap.  Erm.  Hello, my name is Lexiel, and it's a pleasure to meet you all."  Those assembled can practically hear the gears grinding in the archangel's head as she changes the direction of her thoughts.

Venus

The artist remained calm at Hiroki's sudden irritation, beginning to understand the reasons behind her facade and deceitful presentation; it was likely that the girl had a passion for fighting, but, bearing the appearance of a young girl, it certainly would come across as a ridiculous idea to many. "Ah. And so you don your disguise to avoid the scorn that would come for you as per your...youthful appearance. Yet again, you and I find something in common. I do apologize for the insensitive insult, but I must admit, that wasn't the answer I expected." Venus giggled again; the revelations of this girl were giving an odd, amusing feeling to the artist, as if he had first lost something, but then gained something new, perhaps even better.

"I'll keep my end of the bargain, then." 

Venus could not remember the last time he did so -- gingerly, he removed the mask that shielded his eyes and nose, revealing the deformity that lay beneath it. It wasn't a significant marring; only one side of his face had been scarred, with the flesh sullied with what seemed to be a burn wound, the eye narrowly thin, weak, and devoid of an eyeball, leaving only the sclera in its socket. It was a face that would earn him disgust and trepidation, though Venus hoped that the girl's current agitation would manage to quell her fear of the seemingly horrid revelation.

"You're the first in many a year to see me under my mask." Venus realized how he'd been speaking more casually -- perhaps due to the fact that he was now talking to a younger girl, one he knew couldn't match his tongue as much in conversation. "You see, dear Hiroki, you and I both wear masks to avoid judgment by others. I thought you and I would be similar in that we would have disfigurements, but....this is quite the same, nonetheless. You dress yourself the way you do so that your competitors and peers would not deride you of your capabilities to fight, I presume? Certainly, you have a gift in what you want to do, but there's your young bodice as an impediment. I, on the other hand, wear a mask to avoid scaring people with my appearance. You won't be stuck being young forever. I, alas.....I've not found any way to cure these injuries. It wasn't always like this. It happened from an injury that happened-" The artist stopped abruptly at that, for once consumed by the remembrance the ballroom had given to him on his previous glance as he passed by. Visions of previous memories entered Venus' mind, memories that had since haunted the artist's every nightmare. The eyes that peered beneath the leather visor softened as he became influenced by the moment of sorrowful reminiscence, leaving the two in silence for a few moments. Knowing that he had left the conversation in the air, Venus spoke again. 

"Do you know the stories of the Frankenstein's Monster and the Phantom of the Opera?" He asked her, in a muse of his own thoughts, putting his mask back on. "Both were good men, seeking acceptance, love and attention. But their hideous appearances marred them, alienated them, earning only fear, rejection, disdain, devoid of all compassion of all who laid eyes of them. They succumbed to that rejection and hate, and it turned them into the monsters they were. People are never born monsters, Hiroki. They're often forced to become one," His lamentation grew, knowing that he, too, had did horrible things as a result of the monster he had first become at hand, and had once, or perhaps still, embraced. For the usually eccentric and unorthodox Venus, his current state left him rather humane. His bitter memories seemed to have engraved such a reminder of him, something that would always maintain part of his humanity, part of his rationale.  "As if no other choice would accept them as they are. I don't fault your previous fear of me -- even now, I too, question myself here and there, if I'm becoming more a monster than I am a man."

Another moment of silence passed. Venus realized that he had centered too much conversation on himself, and proceeded to address matters involving her, instead.

"So, my young friend....why is it that you possess such passion to fight? What sparked your love for fighting at such a young age?"

Edited by Noir

"It is a Pleasure to meet you too  I am Mar, of Stonerist Chi."

Mar Creates an Arcanite Chain, and Weaves the Arcanite and Heartless Metal Armor Chain together into the Afformentioned Harness, and waits for Theodore to use his Song Powers on it to increase it's strength.

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Hi, my names Argent. I'll set up the hellfire wall now."

Argent focuses his will on forming a hellfire wall just inside the barrier. Swirling flames of red and black boxing them in, obscuring all vision of the outside world as a second dome forms. Argent concentrates on makeing these flames as solid as his nets.

"Alright....ready"

Edited by Endlessblaze

5 hours ago, Amoris Verienium said:

Kenta wanders through town stopping every now and then and looking at various fruits and veggies as he goes. " Halley is there anything you think would go over well in the kitchen?" He asks as they stop and he is looking at what kinda is a potato but isn't the same shape or color. 

Kenta has successfully bartered with several people and already has various shopping bags filled with meat and other goodies to stock the kitchen with. He's really just trying to kill a little more time before he has to go back and deal with the interesting characters that seem to be growing not just in number but also in personality. 

"Did you get any cooking oil? We wouldn't want our food to be tasteless, right?" Halley suggested, pointing at the display shelf lined with different jars of oil. The currencies were all own by Kenta, so she spent her time looking at the displayed food. She took a closer look at the potato Kenta was looking at. "If it's displayed here, it must be safe to eat, right?"

Solomon follows the entire group to the roof and forms a floating chair out of books, he starts to sit down and eat pork rinds and stare at Mar's new experiment, he was wondering where the angelic looking woman came from, but he was mostly concerned with the sheer amount of pork rinds he still hasdwith him "Oh don't mind me, I'm pretty sure that anything I do will lead to someone exploding or losing parts of themselves".

2 hours ago, IntSys said:

"Did you get any cooking oil? We wouldn't want our food to be tasteless, right?" Halley suggested, pointing at the display shelf lined with different jars of oil. The currencies were all own by Kenta, so she spent her time looking at the displayed food. She took a closer look at the potato Kenta was looking at. "If it's displayed here, it must be safe to eat, right?"

"Good call." He says looking at the oils ," I think we pick a basic oil and see if we can get some spices. What on earth is this thing?"  He offers the thing that looks like a potato for Halley to examine and begins looking at the various jars of oils trying to read the labels. 

"Hmm, I've never seen this before." Halley held up the potato-like thing. "I can tell you that I can process it into energy safely, though, which is not saying much."

"I'm gonna go with my instincts and say this is edible."

She returned the potato to Kenta. "Let's not take too long." She grabbed a jar of oil. "This will do; it's olive oil. As for spices, how about rosemary and pepper?" 

"Sounds good to me. " Kenta quickly bartered for several of the potato like things,oil and spices and then turned to Halley," Lets head back, we should get some of this stuff cooked. See what everyone else is up to. Hopefully no one has blown anything up." He stated heading back weaving through the crowd easily.

Edited by Amoris Verienium

6 hours ago, Twinwolf said:

"We have sumo wrestling, yeah... but... attacking with your butt or your boobs...?" Hikari trailed off, but her blush indicated her embarrassment at the thought. She looks quite surprised by the demonstration. "I don't know how you can do that so fast..."

Kagari grinned.

"Practice, lots of it. The fact that I can just grow myself muscles does help a bit, but most Keijo players are human. Based on your build, you probably won't be able to reach my levels of speed, but you look like you have a good head for reaction. Like I said, I think you'd make a wonderful counter. Want to try?"

Violet eyes...? That's interesting.
"Well, I'm not sure how it went for everyone else, but I woke up on the ground in a canyon not too far away. It's all rather vague, but I believe I was summoned through a dream, so it's quite possible that I agreed to this. I know it's odd, but this has been a very strange day...Back home, I was the engineer of a small squad in the LFC special forces division. We were on assignment on Tantalus-4..."
Ah Tantalus-4... A true testament to the fickle human nature. An oddity. It was one of the three naturally habitable exoplanets discovered by man, and the only with naturally occurring flora...of a sort. For the most part, the plants were closer to fungi in their biological structure. There had initially been some debate as to whether to colonize, but for reasons unexplained--perhaps to preserve the natural order--, the planet was left to its own devices for a while. Gliese 581e was settled, and other planets too. However, the one most fit for human habitation was ignored. It took more than sixty years for Libra (Gliese 581e) to have an even somewhat breathable atmosphere. Even then, after a short run, you were likely to become lightheaded, and even with mild exertion, forty-five minutes was the limit to how long one was allowed to remain outside. By Edmond's time, Libra was mostly habitable. It had simply taken tremendous pains and energy to get there.

And then, after one hundred and fifty years of neglect, some lieutenant in a small office on Libra realized that Tantalus-4 could serve as a vital strategic point in the recently declared war. The Jacobins realized as well.

About two years in, and Edmond's squad had been deployed, tasked to break enemy lines, and seize a supposedly secret bioweapons bunker. They had been camped out in the 'forest' nearby, when, due to some tactical blunder, LFC Infantry began an assault. The person responsible would later be court-martialed, but that did nothing to change the facts. So Edmond had spent that night falling asleep to the pounding of artillery fire, and the muffled distant shrieks of men as their skin burned off, and their limbs swelled with fluid.

And then, after a particularly incoherent dream, Edmond had arrived. And that was all.

"How did you come to be here?"

He kicked in the bottom of the file cabinet in this office, and pulled out the files stored within. More of the same...

"More of the same stuff in here. Reports and such...maybe they'll focus on different things? Hopefully..."

Edited by Strider

What the hell they are up to? Leon thought to himself as he watch Theo and Mar doing something he doesn't really understand. He wanted to watch the whole thing but something tells him, it'll be dangerous.

Maybe I should wander around the Castle, who knows, maybe I'll bump with someone new? He thought to himself as he began wandering around the Castle.

"Um, no, I haven't heard of those stories. . . I understand what you mean, though, I think. Um, why I started fighting. . ." She trailed off. It really was a childish reason, like you'd hear out of a shounen hero or something. She wanted to be the strongest. Well, that wasn't entirely true. She just. . . never felt strong. No, not that either. She never felt good at anything. Except for when she fought with her mech. But that was such a silly thing to say out loud. ". . . I don't really know. I just, um, started doing it one day."

I cannot believe I am actually considering this. But... it'll help her trust me... Hikari thinks. She takes a deep breath, and then speaks, still blushing.

"I-I guess... it seems like it's good physical training anyway, which I guess I'll need more than I already did. And besides, it c-can't be that much different than practicing for a show..." She says, fidgeting a bit in place. 

Halley followed Kenta back to the castle. On their way there, they passed by Kagari and co. "Hey, when you guys are done, be sure to go back to the castle for dinner!" She yelled, before moving on.

The door to the kitchen was conveniently in front of the foyer. She put down the groceries for Kenta. "Alright, chef, go for it! They have just about any tool you need on the shelves."

((Halley in USEFUL MODE, she'll gladly help Kenta with the process of cooking, no need for me to post back-to-back))

What the hell they are up to? Leon thought to himself as he watch Theo and Mar doing something he doesn't really understand. He wanted to watch the whole thing but something tells him, it'll be dangerous.

Maybe I should wander around the Castle, who knows, maybe I'll bump with someone new? He thought to himself as he began wandering around the Castle.

Edited by LeonVermillion

Ritsu

Seeing that most of the people have exited the forge, Ritsu decided to stroll around the castle for a bit. It sort of reminded her of the mansion that she and the other maids worked in, though without nearly as many additional features...or traps. Ritsu sighed slightly remembering the experience of having to deal with the randomly placed traps all throughout that mansion. After a bit of time, she found her way to the rooftop, where she saw some of the people from the forge working on...something. It occured to her that she never quite introduced herself or found out who half of the people here were, but her attentions were quickly swapped to the cannons present. 

"My word these things haven't been used in ages. Here's hoping they're at least somewhat salvageable," Ritsu remarks before examining the cannons with her own sensors. She figured that if she could see the state of the internal parts, she could work to getting them fixed. The sensors would also detect if anything were present within the cannons, in case the prior users never bothered to empty them out.

Kenta smiles knowing exactly what is available in the kitchen because he took stock and cleaned up.  " Wanna find me one other person to help? And take a head count of whose hungry?" He asks as he grabs the pink apron from the wall where he had hung it after he had finished cleaning. He begins pulling all the tools from the wall and smiles looking around missing something," if you can find the music guy too.. I need some jams in this kitchen or I'll be bored."  Kenta begins peeling various veggies with a large knife. 

Edited by Amoris Verienium

Izumi Kurosawa, Dimitri Kuznetsov; Barracks

4 hours ago, Zoe_Walker said:

"Dimitri, thank you for sticking around.  I could use your assistance," Alexandria smiles warmly at the man, placing her damaged eye on a nearby table but not letting go of it, "Afterwards, we shall see about upgrading your firearm.  But for now..."  The android produces a clear lens and some complicated-looking circuitry from somewhere any onlookers can't see.  "I must keep hold of my eye at all times or it will break even worse.  But, this procedure cannot be done with a single hand.  The holed lens and the shrapnel must be removed steadily and simultaneously to prevent additional damage.  Then, I can patch the damaged sensor, replace the lens, and re-install my eye."

"I will be happy to lend a hand! I've some simple tools on hand if we need them, but I'm not sure if my hands are steady enough so we should be prep-"

"I can do it. Hand me the tools. Sif, run a scan on it, the more detailed, the better."

"Understood. Commencing scan."

"Ah, that should make it simpler. My thanks for you help, miss-?"

"Izumi. I owe her anyway, so it's the least I could do."

((Izumi and Dimitri assist with repairs as neccesary. Izumi Kurosawa has 5 INT and 8 DEX. Dimitri Kuznetsov has 9 INT and can conjure simple tools.))

26 minutes ago, Twinwolf said:

"I-I guess... it seems like it's good physical training anyway, which I guess I'll need more than I already did. And besides, it c-can't be that much different than practicing for a show..." She says, fidgeting a bit in place. 

Kagari clapped her hands together.

"Excellent! We'll start with a bit of a warm-up. Butt figure-eights! Hmmm... you're a beginner, so 40 should do the trick. Move your butt in a figure eight pattern, like so." Kagari demonstrated. "No moving your legs or your upper body. Just your butt. It can be a bit difficult for a beginner, but I'm sure you can do it! After that we can move on to basic strikes. You've never hit anyone with your butt, have you? It takes a bit of getting used to, but you'll be assaulting people with your posterior in no time!"

Kagari - both of her - stuck out her butt and started doing slow figure-eights as a reference for Hikari.

Seeing as no one is stopping him, Kyle is currently busy doing something with the brewery. Of course after a second he's done and has put the syringe into his inventory. Not that he actually took anything. Really this is all just a clever explanation for why Kyle suddenly can rampage now. It's smart because he stole weird alchemical shit that's most likely evil. Isn't science great?